Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

I got a decant of this, hoping upon hope that it would be decadently amazing on me. In the decant, heavy, sexy snake oil and heavy, slow honey. It hits my skin, and turns to baby powder.

WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!

It smells like Stinky. Its not a bad thing, i liked Stinky..but this wasn't supposed to be this way..stupid skin chemistry.

Vintage 2010:

I can't believe I've never reviewed Womb Furie! This is definitely like O meets Snake Oil on me, and it's aged well (just like Snake Oil, go figure!). It's not something I reach for often, but when I want a sexy, snuggly scent...this is great. Wearing it is like walking around in a personal, incensey cloud of honey, resins, patchouli, and vanilla. Not bad at all. ;)

2010:

I'm new to BPAL so I have never sniffed Snake Oil or O or any of the other scents associated with this, so I went into this one blind. Womb Furie smelled awful in the bottle, very cloying and sweet, but seemed to want to do nice things on my skin so I gave it a week to rest before trying again.

When I tried again, I was immediately hit with a lovely spicy honey scent, but it disappeared off my skin pretty much immediately.

So I put a dab of unscented coconut oil on my palm and mixed a few drops of Womb Furie in, ran it through my hair and wow, it really is like being in a gorgeous cloud of patchouli and honey. I can see this being a great mood elevator when your womb is feeling furious!

(2016 Vintage)

I missed out on Womb Furie the last couple times it came out....so it was the first thing that went into my cart this Luper!

I've been a Snake Oil fan for a while now and practically lived in Gingerbread Snake this winter. Only recently have I gotten into honey scents. So buying this was a no brainer...and Oh my goodness...it is divine scrumptiousness in a bottle!

It is what it says it is: snake oil and honey. Actually this is the first time a "honey" scent was so prominent on me. Usually the honey lurks in the background but not this time. The honey is more up front and it sort of "softens" the snake oil. Usually when I put Snake Oil on I have to stay away from people for about an hour for the scent to die down. I don't have that with this at all. It starts off soft but strong and lasts, and lasts, and lasts.

I am absolutely in love with this scent! :wub2:

Version 2014

In the bottle: Yep, Snake Oil and Honey

Wet: Snake Oil and Honey is a very nice combination. Sweetened, but still the snake oil we all love.

Dry: I really like the honey added to the Snake Oil. I think they compliment each other well. It sweetens the scent and its just wonderful.

I absolutely love this scent. When I first got into BPAL 100 years ago I was all over snake oil, but I think this has usurped it as my go-to scent that will work pretty much anywhere at any time. the honey makes it just a little softer while not taking away anything from snake oil's awesomeness

In the imp: Exactly what it says: thick, spicy, sexy Snake Oil with a dollop of beeswax-y honey. While this works out to a spicy-vanilla-honey scent, it's very non-foody. I'm actually a little nervous at this point - Snake Oil amps to hell and back on my skin, and honey is usually a pretty strong player, too. Good thing I decided to test this on a day I don't have to go anywhere. XD

Wet: An initial blast of SO as I'm used to it - big, bold, and brassy. But within a couple of minutes, it becomes...springtime SO? Like, I'm still getting the sexy spices, but it doesn't smell as thick or heavy as usual. In fact, I'm getting something almost brisk or fresh. This is Snake Oil's sweeter, milder, more innocent little sister, but there's still a definite family resemblance.

Dry: Becomes more and more straight-up SO as it dries, losing that "breezy little sister" aspect. Now the honey is just intensifying the sweet, slinky feeling.

Color me one of the crazy fans. I'm not a GC SO fan - even aged. I find it deadly dull. *But* as a base for other scents it's fantastic, and this scent is no exception. I had avoided it before because I was afraid it would be overly sweet, but it isn't. The honeys bring rich thickness and the spice, while not overly "spicy" keep it from becoming overwhelming and the vanilla brings a softness to it. I'm thinking I will need a bottle.

2016 decant from Lupers circle

I have a Snake Oil hair gloss, and I like it well enough to use it, but I am not bonkers about it. I tried Womb Furie because everyone has raved about it, and I didn't want to be left out of the BPAL fandom! :) Boy, am I glad I did, because wow, this is gorgeous. Bridgetvoid described it as "softer" due to the honey, which I think is apt because I tend to prefer softer scents. It's not so sweet as to be cloying and is working beautifully on this humid spring day in North Texas. And sometimes honey can go a bit stale on me, but I think the Snake Oil component is preventing that.

I will probably buy a bottle of this before the Lupers go down!

2016:

Not sure how I missed reviewing this, it was an instant blind bottle purchase when it came back this year, since I just discovered last year how much I love aged Snake Oil.

Turns out I don't even need to age Womb Furie to love it, it's amazing fresh. The addition of the honey to the Snake Oil is just so damn sexy, but in a different way (to me). Snake Oil is badass sexy, a leather jacket, tight jeans, tall boots, kick your ass first kind of sexy. Womb Furie is high heels and lingerie, red lipstick smeared on wine glasses kind of sexy. YMMV, but I am so glad to have both!

Soft, sensual honey. Like a softer version of Hetairae, really. Hetairae's what you wear when you want to be noticed; Womb Furie's what you wear when you want to relax with your own awesome self. Very nice.

In the bottle: Sharp incence smell..uhg...I'm getting nervous...

Wet: Pretty sure there is nutmeg, cinnamon, clove and of course patchouli in there ... :umm:

Dry: And then...MAGICK HAPPEN! Oh myyy... can't. stop. smelling. my. wrist!!!! :wub3: What a splendid mix of spices! There is dark vanilla , super sweet honey, warm woods, smoky patch, resinous amber..a truly yummy blend ! Seriously, this is almost turning me on! XD

It does dry slightly powdery on me after a while (which is a bit annoying since honey-or the amber?- never did that before) Fortunately, that stage doesn't last! The combo dark vanilla/honey come back with hints of spices :joy: :wub:

This scent is warm and sensual at the same time...I bet it will gets better with age :wub2: *got a second bottle for the purpose*

Edited by nolifeking

I remembered reading someone posting in the compliments thread regarding Womb Furie, and when I saw it in the Luper 2016 lineup, I knew I had to get a bottle! To be frank, I'm not a big fan of my new bottle of Snake Oil, it smells like leather more than my older Snake Oil imp that smells decadent and well-blended. But oh my god, no wonder that forumite got a compliment on Womb Furie! This. Is. Magical! I'm not overexaggerating! And despite the addition of 3 honeys to Snake Oil, this doesn't smell foodie at all! I'm not turned off by foodie scents but they can get distracting. However, Womb Furie is all innocently sensual. :heart: I can't even imagine how gorgeous this will smell aged when I like it fresh!

This is in my top picks if I needed a scent to entice someone to get closer to me :shhh: . Wow I can't stop smelling my wrist hahahaha I smell so delicious :thud: and I definitely need a backup bottle of Womb Furie! :wub:

Bottle: Smooth honey and, well, Snake Oil.

Wet: An easy-to-inhale honey on a background of soft, spicy vanilla patch. There's a welcoming, earthy warmth in this too that I associate with fig.

Dry: Not a morpher. Stays the same on me all day, just fading gradually.

This is the perfect balance of sexy with comforting! I like it a lot.

2015 version:

I wasn't sure about how well I liked this on me when I first got it in March.It was very subtle both in the bottle and on the skin. Now, about 4 months later, I really like how deep it has become! It's a wonderfully spiced gooey honey. Honey is not usually a scent I like, but this is a special dark, thick honey that I'll especially love wearing in the Fall. I should also mention that I don't particularly care for Snake Oil, but Womb Furie (on me, anyway) benefits from the delicious spices of Snake Oil without the powdery quality. Womb Furie kind of reminds me of Third Charm, without the wood.

My 2016 bottle of this doesn't really smell like the 2010. The 2016 is a pale, clear, thin oil that comes off as sweet honey and a sour, metallic, musky-aquatic edge with the baby powdery aspects of Snake Oil. My 2010 is dark, sweet, slightly smoky, honey incense with the slinky vanilla of Snake Oil. Two completely different things :(

2016:

I bought it expecting a Snake Oil + O combo (which I used to do myself). It wasn't quite as sexy. But I think aging it has done wonders. It's definitely now all I wanted (and not as overwhelming as combining two, already strong, perfumes). I'm reluctant to go back to plain O or Snake Oil.

2016 version:

Wow. I immediately get why this is a favorite for so many people! Snake Oil isn't that great on me (shockingly, as it sounds like it should be a favorite), but this is amazing. It borders on being a honey single note, but with that said it's a deep, animalic honey. There's a booziness to it that makes it very heady, and it's probably a good thing that it stays relatively close to my skin or else it could easily get overpowering. Extremely sexy, come-hither kind of scent.

Edited by lizabelle

2015 Version

In the Bottle: Super sweet snake oil, I get the smell of incense, sugar, dark vanilla.

Wet on the Skin: I get the initial incense spice that is so Snake Oil, but the honey is equal in partners with the Snake Oil and I get a strong, powerful honey note in there as well. This is very balanced to my nose between the spiced incense and the sweetness of the honey.

Dry Down: The incense mostly fades away and I’m left with a spicy honey.

Verdict: I love this, this is everything I wanted in Snake Oil and even more. If you’re a fan of honey and dark sweet incense, this is for you. Visually I imagine burning Indonesian incense with dark honey dribbled on top of it. This is a great date night scent and would go great with any other dark scents.

2017 Version, from a decant circle of my first Lupers! But ordered before I found out Snake Oil literally HATES ME :( :( :(

First Sniff Impression: I can get a hint of the Snake Oil, but the honey sweetens everything up really nicely. I'll have to try this on to see if the SO turns on me like usual.

Wet in Vial: This is the nicest of any Snake Oil-based scent I've smelled in the bottle. The honey is perfect and the Snake Oil is there but it doesn't smell the way it usually does. It's more of a subtle scent than FAKE BABY DIAPER PERFUME.

Drying Down on Skin: So no "fake baby" yet on, but sometimes it takes until fully dry for that death note to come out on me. It a good honey, ever so slightly musky-type scent. I like it, but I don't know if I'd choose it over other honey-ish scents I have. It does have the tiniest bit of of baby powder base but I have to REALLY search to find it.

Dry on Skin: Fake Baby Death Note hasn't come out yet, still, which is kind of surprising. But even though it hasn't turned to total baby powder, I don't think I like the general scent of Snake Oil either. So even though there's nothing particularly *wrong* with this one, it's just not my thing. It's just so ... mellow somehow? It's not me. Which makes me sad.

Conclusion: This one should be a huge hit for people who like honey and Snake Oil. Unfortunately, I've kind of cemented the fact that Snake Oil is simply not a scent for me and I don't think I'll be trying it anymore. I also need to have something to balance honey out. This was too sweet on both ends.

I can't quite make up my mind about Womb Fury. It is certainly the Snake Oil and honey combo that is advertised (and, as many have said, its Snake Oil and O), but its not as sexy as I think it should be.

Instead I find it almost snuggly, an autumn hibernation scent.

I think I like it? I'm not all the way to loving it, but I like it.

2010 version.

Wet: Spiced vanilla honey. Smooth, and a little musky as well. Amazing.

Dry: Smells very similar to the wet stage. The honey is playing nice, and didn't turn to baby powder on me. Stunning, and it's only gotten better with age.

I HIGHLY recommend picking up a bottle of this if you're a fan of Snake Oil. It's so, so good. :wub2:

Edited by donkehpoo

me and Snake Oil are bros. Me and honey notes from BPAL are bros. Me and Womb Furie???
​I smell like ear wax.
​Exactly like ear wax.
With a high throw. All ear wax all the time.

​This is not to insult the blend, because in the bottle it smells *so* nice. On me? Ear Wax.

​I mean Gore Shock smelled awesome on me, so it was about time that a fave would smell horrible on me, but i really didnt want it to be Womb Furie.

​ETA: this was after my yearly testing of my 2010 WF.
​One year it's gonna be different, I just know it.

Edited by Katillac

Glad I finally bought this. Snake Oil made richer and sweeter by honey. What's not to love?