"Henry will very soon be dead."
His Parents stood about his Bed
Lamenting his Untimely Death,
When Henry, with his Latest Breath,
Cried, "Oh, my Friends, be warned by me,
That Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, and Tea
Are all the Human Frame requires . . ."
With that, the Wretched Child expires.

Marshmallows, a bit of limp lettuce, and wads of soggy cotton soaking in a stew of tea (with lemon and honey!).

When I first sniffed this at the last trunk show, I was worried, since I could distinctly smell the limp lettuce note.

Thankfully, my bottle is well blended, well balanced, and all around wonderful. :joy:

The marshmallow lingers in the background, warming up the tea/lemon note, which, if I may add, impressed me. This is the tea/lemon I noticed from the BRAII proto--it's distinct and reminds me of a cold glass of iced tea, unsweetened. :yum:

The lettuce shows itself on the start of the drydown, giving it a clean, cool blast. It's green, and mixes this scent up a little, but it doesn't last long. In the end, I get the scent of unsweetened iced tea with a hint of warm, faintly sugared goodness.

I knew I would like this, but I didn't know I would love this. :wub2:

Oh, and I should add--I don't get any cotton, but then it may be too faint for my nose to pick up. Edited by Shollin

I like this blend a lot more than Marshmallow Poof and Plastic Pink Flamingo. The marshmallow note in Poof and Flamingo goes oddly tart and fruity on my skin, but the marshmallow note here really smells like white, sugary, fluffy marshmallows <3.

First on, I get lots of marshmallow, lemon sugar, and something like bubblegum from this. The drydown is like a glass of iced tea with lemon and a drop of golden honey, next to a plate of homemade vanilla-y marshmallows. The lemon is sharp and I normally hate sharp lemon notes, but it works for me paired with the sweetness of the marshmallow. The notes really balance each other well, and the tea scent makes it smell summery and refreshing.

Chewing Little Bits of String smells summery and cheery to me. It's an awesome tea blend :smilenod:

I'm very happy with this one.. and I'm in agreement with Little Bird - I like this blend more than Marshmallow Poof and Plastic Pink Flamingo - MP is very sweet on me, and PPF was very sharp and sour. But.. Chewing Little Bits of String is a lovely soft fluffy white marshmallow!

The tea comes out a little after about 20 minutes, but the lemon never really makes an appearance - which is just what I was hoping, since my skin usually amps lemon badly. The honey is also very faint, it's just taking the edge off of the girly-factor with the marshmallow thing, and adding a smoothness to the sweet. I really can't detect anything lettuce-like in here, although there is a 'fresh' and 'clean' feel to it.. maybe that's the lettuce.

Overall, a very pretty blend that's not too pink/sweet/sugary/foody - it's just right! Very very nice :smile:

I love this! I got this for Christmas from my Mom (thanks Momma!). It reminded me immediately of the marshmallow in marshmallow poof, but softer, sweeter. The tea plays in a little bit to keep the marshmallow from going *too* foody, and I smell a "fresh" note....must be the cotton? Very beautifully blended, and I can't wait to see how it ages!

This turned out to be a surprise love for me. No lettuce note apparent on my skin. It's just a lovely creamy tea with very light lemon.

A delicate scent with just the right amount of sweetness.

In the imp, this is mostly soggy cotton. But on? It's pure, rich, lovely honey...with a little wadded up cotton at first. Then just honeyhoneyhoney. I love this but I have a lot of honey scents...so I can probably get by on my one imp. Maybe. It's really lovely. Decent throw and wear-length.

Edited by tarotgirl

wet I get a bright lemon sugar scent. Then a splash of tea and lots of wet cotton paper scent. I don't distinctly smell marshmallows…the sugary note mixes in with the green notes of the lettuce to make what i detect smells like linden blossom. a very light linden blossom and vanilla type blend to my nose. this is not foodie to me...it's light, complex and almost a light floral scent? it's quite lovely, though not as foodie as i expected it to be.

Wet: Marshmallow, Lemon, and Honey. Dry: Marshmallow, lemon, and honey and the honey is turning on me and turning to cat pee. So it's now marshmallow, lemon, and funky honey catpee. Gotta Go. :rasp:

Very pale yellow oil. Very sweet and cloying. Lots of sugary-creamy fake-vanilla marshmallow, a bit of lemon and honey and a good wallop of tea. I don't get any lettuce and the lemon and honey are woefully light. This pretty much supersweet super marshmallowy Boo! with tea.

A little lighter. The cotton - definitely that same note from Boo - is immediately apparent. It also reminds me a bit of Antique Lace. The marshmallow is the same note from Marshmallow Poof, powdery-plastic, but much stronger and sweeter and heavier - very cloying and syrupy. I get a bit more honey now, but it only adds to the overwhelming sweetness of this blend. Lemon gone, and tea fainter. A tiny bit of light, cool, refreshing lettuce teases from the distance.

This fades quite rapidly, a very good thing in this case because if it amped I'd be running for the sink. Much less cloying and heavy now, but the marshmallow note has gone that musty/powdery/plastic way that many foody scents do on me. Fainter cotton. The lettuce is holding on, surprisingly, but it's still very faint. The tea is likewise holding after its initial fading, and is quite distinct. It and the honey make this scent bearable, but can't overcome the nasty marshmallow.

Tea, honey and musty marshmallows after a few hours. The honey holds best of all and wins out in the end after everything else fades greatly or completely - very interesting! So the actual end result is Honey SN, with hints of tea and marshmallow. Not bad at all, but I can't handle the wet stage and the little bit of musty marshmallow is too much. Throw starts out strong but this fades greatly and then has decent longevity.

Chewing Little Bits of String - I can't even begin to say how lovely this smells at first! And then I can't begin to say how awful it starts to smell when the marshmallow turns to plastic on my skin. And then I can't begin to say how lovely it smells again once the marshmallow/plastic note fades and the other notes shine through once more. When it's not in the "awful" stage on my skin, it's really awesome! It smells so delicious and makes me think of drinking sweet tea while relaxing on a shady porch on a hot summer day in the Deep South. The lemon-honey-tea has a creamy quality to it that must be from the cotton note in this blend. Even though this goes through an "awful" stage on my skin, it's only a stage, and the beginning and ending are so fabulous that I'll keep wearing it. Or maybe I'll just wear it in my hair so it doesn't "turn". The scent lasts for a really long time and has a moderate level of throw and wafts very nicely and softly around me. I love it. :wub2:

Tea, honey and that same marshmallow note in Boo and Marshmallow Poof. It ends up being too plasticky and sweet on me. :/

Marshmallow bubblegum? :huh:

I really don't mind it, but that was the first impression that I received. Now that it's dried up a little bit, I can pick out more of the different notes. Tea, and honey are slightly apparent. It's sweet, but not too sugary. An innocent and lovely perfume. No lettuce yet, but the marshmallow is reminiscent of cotton string. I can really picture it.

The throw is medium. I love it!

Verdict? Marshamee flavored tea!

This one was really a very pleasant surprise! Back in November when I first saw the description I was like "limp lettuce...ugh". It's nothing of the sort. It's actually like honey-sweetened tea with marshmallows! :yum: The honey is just enough to add depth and some additional sweetness wtihout making it cloying, and the tea is not at all bitter or extremely herbal, just...comforting. I don't get any limp lettuce at all, and there's the slightest bit of lemon but it's barely noticeable. Now I want (another) cup of tea!

wet: whoa....marshmallows!

dry: sweet cotton with a slight perfumy edge.

very dry: there's the marshmallow again. It's very, very soft and think I detect some honey as well.

I'll definitely enjoy my decant, but I don't really mind not owning a bottle.

Wet, this is all about the marshmallow. I love the lab's marshmallow note, so this is a good thing. It dries to a lovely tea and honey, with the marshmallow sitting in the background. Still, this is a lovely, well blended oil, and though it sounds foody, it really isn't on me. For some reason, this kind of reminds me of Snake Oil, just the warm sweetness of it, without the spices. I think I may have to track some more of this down! :wub2:

Out of all the inquisitions I tried (Comforting Plush, Dreadful Lies and Playing with Dangerous Toys), this one I like the best! There's that same marshmallow from Plastic Pink Flamingo, but instead of that pink sweetness, there's a more clean, cool note. It's really nice, but unfortnately doesn't have much staying power on me.

It smells delightfully sweet and marshmallowy in the imp, but when on my skin, it rapidly turns to plastic. Burned plastic. :(

This is a soft, fuzzy sweetness on first application, all powdery marshmallow. Over time, it grows into something warmer, almost musky but not quite, but it never loses its marshmallowness. I get a bit of a different sweetness as well--the tea, I think--but overall this is well-balanced, almost delicate in its subtlety.

Chewing Little Bits of String goes on with a weird mishmash of scents but dries down into the most true marshmallowy scent I've ever smelled from the Lab. It's not pink marshmallows (Velvet Unicorn, Marshamallow Poof), it's pure white marshmallows. I'll definitely use my imp but I won't bother hunting down a bottle.

Chewing Little Bits of String. I couldn't smell much sniffing the decant. But on skin it's very soft and pretty, lightly sweet but not as strong as I like. It stays close to the skin but it is lovely. Not bottle love but nice to try. Fades pretty fast as well.