Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
autumn24

The Queen of Hearts

Lily of the Valley, Calla Lily, stephanotis and a drop of cherry.

Initial Impression: lily of the valley, cherries

On Wet: blended white floral, cherries

On Dry: lily, stephanotis

Final Impression: nice light floral if you're into florals. I'm not really into florals.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 2.5

In the Imp (wet): A DROP of cherry?! More like a whole basket of them. Not that I'm complaining, mind. :P There seems to be a hint of almond as well.

On facial cotton (dry): Cherry takes a backseat, while the lilies take centrestage. Sweet without being overpowering. Very wistful and feminine.

On me: Cherry starts off good and strong, but not for long. The lily doesn't take long to catch up. In fact, it's one of the loveliest floral lilies I've tried. It's wonderfully dignified and very feminine. Unfortunately it reminds me of cheap soaps. Had hoped the cherry would stick around longer. Doesn't have much staying power and needed re-application after 2 hours.

I bought this in my very first 6-imp order in October. In high school, I was the Queen of Hearts in the play Alice, so I felt I had to try it, even though the notes didn't super-appeal to me. Just now am getting around to really trying it.

In the imp- very much cherry, slight hint of calla lily.

On me- woah! lily lily lily. No hint of cherry at all. Not even a whisper.

I think this is too lily for me. Finally, I don't think the floral blends are for me. I think I prefer more fruity/vanilla concotions.

In the imp, this is very light - I get florals that I can't differentiate between.

Once it's on my skin, I do get the "drop of cherry" (what I was really hoping for) over a nice, light, bouquet of flowers.

And it's much the same on my skin. I really like this one! The cherry does great things for the florals. It adds just a little sweetness, and lightens it just enough - I often find florals too heavy and oppressive. This mix is great! Definitely a keeper.

Lovely lilies and cherries. This scent has been in my regular rotation lately. It strikes me as lively and feminine with a strong cheerful quality. This is the scent of a woman who knows who she is and isn't afraid to assert her power. She's strong and feminine and NOBODY crosses her.

As it dries both the lily of the valley and the cherry stick around on my skin. It lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply but it smells so good that I just want to keep adding it all day!

OMG a Lily of the Valley that doesn't go wonky on me!!! ::jumpswithjoy!!!:::

It's prolly the Cherries and stephanotis.

Its not a foody cherry though.. not like candy.. it's like REAL cherries. Not super sugar cherry. Mmm..Cherry Flowers. I give this one a 5 outa 5 :P

I LOVE it!!!

HELLO FLORALS HOW ARE YOU.

that only lasted for a minute. I love both of these flowers, but I'm not getting any cherry at all which is sort of a bummer.

Oh there it is. I think. Mmf. So much floral. I must amp lilies.

Too bad, this one isn't for me.

I do rather like this scent, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to last very long and the cherry in particular fades very quickly. Still a nice, strong (but not overwhelming), feminine scent, though.

The cherry immediately powders out, and what's left is a very sweet lily-floral perfume...although it smells very powdery and soapy, a bit like detergent. If you REALLY like lillies, this might be the perfume for you.

This one definitely changes on me depending on hormones, so keeping that in mind...

In the vial: Whoa, hello, floral assault! Mostly overpowering lilies, though granted, I'm not that familiar with stephanotis and that might be why I can't pick it out on its own. The cherry must have run away in fear of the lilies, because it's nowhere to be smelled.

Wet: At all times the lily tones down on me immediately. The lily doesn't disappear, though - it just shares center stage with another floral when it comes out to play. These notes are always very prominent on me, but sometimes they're vaguely powdery. Depending on where I am in my cycle, the cherry's either extremely faint or missing altogether. I'm getting great throw from this.

Dry: Something pulls the floral down just a teensy tiny bit - must be the cherry, though I can never really pick it out clearly. Queen of Hearts has great throw while it lasts, but it fades fairly fast on me at all times. During my period it turns into pure floral soap before disappearing.

Verdict: This is really pretty despite the powdery tendencies, but it's a little too overbearing in the vial and when first applied. The flowers make themselves known in a furiously passionate way before getting distracted and wandering off. I dislike this behavior in both people and perfume, so this one's not for me.

In bottle: Cherry cough drops. Wet: Cherry cough drops in a sick room with flowers and maybe the window open to let even more lily in. They are really nice lilies and they do slowly over power the cherry as my skin warms the oil. Even on my cherry amping skin the lilies do eventually do a nice job of beating the cherry down into a rich but relatively subtle note. If I liked florals, I could actually wear this, something I can’t do with most cherries. Dry: Fades quickly to soft floral.

Edited by Gwydion

This is lilies but the lilies aren't sweet or high-pitched. There's a lushness to them that's almost velvety, almost rosey. I also detect a smash of greenery like that of cut stems and leaves with hints of dirt on them. And there's something in there that almost reminds me of cherry syrup but in the best way possible. I don't find it medicinal at all.

Ooof, that's cherry?! The queen smells like an almond funeral parlor nightmare to me. Well, I appreciate the generosity of the person who frimped it to me anyway! :P

Hmm... I agree with the reviews describing this as "funereal." I really love lilies, but there's a green note in The Queen of Hearts smells like nail-polish remover to me, and I can't get past that. That being said, there's something about these lilies that's a little creepy -- these aren't "happy memories" lilies, if that makes any sense. The cherry takes its time showing up, and even when it does, it only lends a faint fruitiness to the blend. Shame on you, skin chemistry -- if you'd cooperated, this could have been good.

2/5

I loved this scent as soon as I put it on; it is absolutely delicious. After 10 minutes or so I started to smell the Lily of the Valley, which is why I chose this sent...I also get a bit of rose. It is a very clean floral.

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the throw - I can only smell it if I put my wrist right under my nose! Even so, I will probably consider buying a bottle come next spring or summer - as the heat might intensify the scent a little.

This one smells like a lovely floral in the bottle, but doesn't work on my skin. The floral scent only is present when wet. As soon as it dries, it becomes very sweet. I don't care for this at all.

A floral explosion starring lilies. I like lily, but I like a subdued lily, not *wham* in your face.

Unfortunately this is too floral for me and not enough green, which I detect. I fear the drop of cherry is what makes this a tad too sweet. I love the smell from imp, but once applied it is just overwhelming.

A single drop was to much for me, and while it is pretty, it's not for me.

in the imo: Sou and sharp with a dollop of lily- reminds me of some kind of soap from my childhood

Wet: I keep smelling the lily but... wait. Is that cherry?? Oh no. Cherry and lily are doing battle for supremecy.

Dry: Lily won. Now there's a plastic after-smell to this scent.

Not for me.

This was a frimp, and I put it on before I looked up the description, so I formed my opinion totally unguided...

Seriously, there's no rose in here? When I put it on, it instantly reminded me of a rose lotion I smelled once years ago in some shop on vacation. And when my great aunt smelled said lotion as well, she exclaimed "Oh, that smells like a corpse!" thus drawing alarmed looks from everyone in the vicinity. What she meant, I HOPE, is that there's always a lot of fake rosy perfuminess in funeral homes and that's what it reminded her of. It also reminds me strongly of a rosary I have-- the beads are made from very tightly compressed rose petals. I'm actually sniffing my wrist and then sniffing the rosary at this moment and they're fairly similar.

Despite the corpse reference above and my usual dislike for rose, this isn't too bad. At the worst, it threatens to turn old-lady-ish on me, but it's not actually horrendous. It's sort of damp and milky, with a certain sweet/sour tinge of cheap metal. Costume jewelry and waxy makeup. The cloudy water leftover in a vase that used to have flowers in it. Soapy laziness.

I was expecting rose with this one, but without the lab description I didn't think of the particular flowers mentioned in it. Lily? huh! It was a nice fragrance, but came across as generic - green and flowery on me.

This one fooled me.. I didn’t read anything about it, just sniffed it, then swiped it on before bed. I thought I smelled something that was similar to one of the notes in blood rose, and when I woke up (7 hrs later, give or take) I smelled what I thought was one of Beth's lovely rose blends. It was surprisingly long lasting, as I got random whiffs of it through out most of my workday (practically unheard of, with my skin). Come to find out, there isn't a drop of rose in this scent. Oops. I'm guessing it's the cherry and the lily of the valley that fooled me, but I'm not familiar with the other two notes, so I can't really say. Oh well - either way, to me, it smells of roses, and I like it :P

It is a decidedly floral/fruity scent, so if those aren't your preference, this might be one to stay away from. I will re-review another day, and gather my thoughts a bit more coherantly..

Another one faked out by the non-existant rose. Queen of Hearts is nice, but nondescript on me. She smells like "gift soap" - the fancy kind molded into flowers or sea shells that live in the guest bathroom.

When it's on wet and fresh I love it, the cherry gives it a little zing in all of the floral...but dry it turns a bit bitter on me (the way roses do) and thankfully it doesn't soap up due to the lilies. Still lovely, but a bit bummed on the drydown and aging on me...meh...would be lovely in a scent locket...perfectly floral, love the drop of cherry...hate the bitter ending on me:(

2.5/5