Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

STINKY
A cure for sweaty bits and sticky wilting. Stinky is a summer refresher 'foom for people that don't dig run-of-the-mill "clean" scents: newly-washed skin with a dusting of milk, white honey, and baby powder.

In the bottle: this is very reminiscent of what a nursery might smell like, to me. Clean and powdery fresh, with a hint of something sweet (milk and honey) added to the mix. The description definitely captures the scent so far.

Wet on wrist: I'm getting a lot of powder here. It's not the usual powder scent that happens when a note goes wrong on my skin, though. This is pure powder, a scent that's meant to smell like baby power -- it's powder that's supposed to be powder, is what I'm saying here. I get a tiny bit of that white honey sweetness that lingers for a second after I sniff, but it's definitely predominantly baby powder.

On the drydown: Yep, baby powder with a hint of honey, and maaaaaybe a tiny bit of milk showing through too. It's a very nice and clean scent, very different from Dirty and Wensleydale, so it's a very unique clean scent (who knew there were so many ways to smell clean!). I don't get any laundry from this at all, and I don't get any soap. Just sweet fresh baby powder. Edited by Shollin

I very nearly didn't get Stinky because I HATE baby powder! HATE, HATE, HATE! (did I mention that I hate baby powder?!) I'm also not a huge fan of honey. So, I have no idea why I went ahead and added a bottle to my order, but am so glad I did! If this is baby powder, it's not the Johnson and Johnson kind I'm used to because the scent is soft without the cloying note I associate with J&J. It reminds me a lot of the scent of Burt's Baby Bee products - warm, sweet, clean. Think sunshine and an outdoor-fresh wooby with a dash of sticky honey! Oh, and I love the dog on the label! :lol:

Edited to add that the throw and longevity of Stinky is impressive. And that I'm surprising even myself by contemplating purchasing a back up bottle!

Edited by Pottersville

I cannot for the life of me give a coherent description of this, as far as notes go.

It smells clean and fresh, not at all powdery in the "baby powder smell" sense. It's soft. It's warm. It's fresh smelling. All at once.

It lasts forever, and doesn't morph.

I am so happy I got a bottle!

(It even got an overtly positive reaction from DH, which pretty much never happens!)

Like Berry Moon, this was another pleasant surprise for me. I think I was expecting baby powder and sour-ish milk when I first read the description, but I just couldn't resist ordering a bottle "Stinky". ;) I was surprised when I began reading Will-Call reviews and confirmed when I received my bottle in the mail today.

The milk note is not the usual that I have tried in other scents. This is a creamy milk, no sourness at all. Also, the baby powder scent is very understated, almost non-existent on my skin.

Sniffing the bottle, this smells like more of a cream and honey.

Wet on the skin, honey, heavy cream, & a tiny trace of baby powder. My skin just amps the honey and milk notes.

Dries down to a soft, sweet cream scent. Not at all powdery on my skin....OK, well maybe just a little. :D

Edited by angelicruin

Sniffed: Sweet milky baby powder. It really does smell astonishingly like clean baby skin. A bit ambery, maybe? Not overly sweet, and the milk note is quite pleasant and light, not sour.

Wet: Much more honey, and berries (?!) - this is super fruity, which I assume must be the honey. Maybe Berry Moon got put in this bottle. The powder is a little perfumey the way that amber is, but overall, fairly nice (and I generally hate powdery scents). The milk note reminds me of the one in The Sea Foam's MIlk, light and refreshing.

Dry: Eek. Going a bit to plastic/playdoh. However, I am definitely getting some skin musk, and I still really like the (sadly, very faint) milk and honey notes, so this is not that bad. And it's so soft on my skin that it would be hard for it to be offensive.

Later: The powdery playdoh is amping and overwhelming the other notes - it's becoming quite unpleasant.

Summary: Fades back down to playdoh powder and skin musk. I don't actually have to wash it off, because it's low throw and it seems like it will wear off rather quickly.

In the bottle this is all baby powder. Uh-oh. Then wet there is a battle milkbabypowdermilkbabypowder!! then baby powder begins shouting to make herself known. On drwdown though it it baby powder, milk (didn't let powder intimidate, color me shocked) and a tiny amount of honey that rounds out the scent.

This one reminds me a lot of those sour smarties you get in the little roll up plastics. It's okay, but too bright and cheery and candyish...if Stinky was a color, it'd be neon or perhaps bright yellow. I was expecting it to smell like baby's skin, but it doesn't particularily smell like that...baby skin is softer, more neutral than this guy..Stinky has an almost fruity quality.

I was expecting baby powder and I what i got was a total treat.

It's more like the Burt's Bees version of baby products. Light, fresh, and clean.

This would make an excellent everyday scent. I totally want another bottle.

I was really nervous about the scent when I kept seeing baby powder and powder since powder scents tend to make me feel ill.

Instead I'm mostly getting the honey and what smells a little like violets o_O; (I am convinced my skin is just weird now)

It's been on for about an hour now, and most reminds me of White Chocolate and Sugared Violets, except with more of a creamy honey note with the powder softening. I might actually want another bottle.

Light, honeyed powder, fresh and clean--I can't think of any other BPAL that's ever smelled like this one, and since I AM one of those people who ordinarily hates traditional "clean" scents, this is a very welcome addition to my collection. The milk note is not an issue here like it sometimes is for me (usually it goes rather sour)...this is a perfect perfume for the dog days of summer, and has pretty nice throw for such a light scent.

Stinky is delightful! I absolutely love the label art.

On my skin it smells like honey and those powdery Choward's violet candies with a creamy sweetness to it- not milky, just sweet.

I know violets are not listed in the blend, but I'm positive that's what I'm smelling. At first the honey is really overwhelming, but it settles down after a few minutes. This is a wonderful, light, clean everyday blend.

~~~Stinky~~~

Oh my lawd!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM sez my nose!!! This is the PERFECT summer fragrance for me......"HUFF" NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM....um..what was I saying? Oh yeah, PERFECT!! "HUFF" NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!! I am getting rice milk, powder, no honey no violets...hold the line, please...."HUFF" NOM NOM NOM NHOM NOM NOM.....just natural clean. I don't care if there's not tons of throw, because I can smell it and I smell absolutely lovely. Like the lovers in a ricefield forgot their plums (oh, and before they had sex)....I am certainly...."HUFF" Nom Nom NOM NOM NOM NOM going to order my very first back up bottles of this here fragrance. Because it is remarkable. Now, how do you get one LE fragrance to last you for the rest of your life???? "SNORK"....... NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.......

Am I the only one that got popcorn out of this?? Weird. I was hoping for a light summer scent. I like honey, milk and don't mind powder. What went wrong?? It was a very warm scent on me. Not clean at all on me. I couldn't imagine wearing this in the summer cause it made me feel hot. I kept smelling popcorn, butter perhaps? I struck out on both bottles this time...Berry Moon and STinky. :(

ok, so i hate baby powder. even when i *was* a baby i hated that smell, apparently.

the Lab's honey is usually a dealbreaker note for me, too. but white honey? that's a new one on me.

but i don't get honey or milk or powder or clean skin out of this. in sniffing, wearing, decanting... it always smells exactly the same, and it smells exactly like a bottle of peach perfume oil from the Body Shop that i had back in the early 90's.

Ok, soooo who stole my Stinky?!?! There is no stink in this bottle! :lol: Now a wet dog ... that's stinky but thanks Beth for not making that scent.

This is not what I expected at all, it reminds me a lot of Gladdner of All Hearts. Since I have a bottle of that I found cute lil Stinky a new home.

ITA with the previous reviewer who said this is just like Burt's Bees Baby Bee products. I used to use Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion and this smells almost *exactly* like it. It's uncanny! It's creamy and milky, yet not foody; a touch powdery but not really baby-powdery. It doesn't smell like a traditional baby powder or lotion. It's not musky. Definitely a clean and innocent, gentle sort of scent. If you like Burt's Bees products or goat's milk soaps or that sort of thing, you'll definitely like Stinky.

Originally, the only appeal this had for me was the cute name. A perfume called "Stinky" is just awesome, after all. But, none of the notes described sounded like they'd work for me. I turn a lot of scents into powder, so the idea of something that is powdery to begin with just about made me cringe. However, I've learned to be open-minded and try any BPAL I can. So I got a decant.

And OMG!!! This scent is just amazing. Everything about it is refreshing, renewing and clean and pretty feeling. It doesn't smell like honey (which is kind of a foul sour scent on me most of the time) or powder or anything I was expecting.

It actually didn't morph at all on me from application to the full span of its wear, and consistently smelled like fluffy cotton, and creamy white nectarines. Or Smarties. Either way it is so nice to wear- clean, cool, fun, sweet and innocent, and most of all very very pretty.

Damn. I didn't foresee this making the bottle list at all, and now it is making the bottle + backup bottle list.

This was just awful for me from the first sniff. I was hopeful for it, but the decant leaked a little in transit and the smell immediately made me nauseous. :(

Oh no.

Over-ripe peaches sitting in vomit. No likey. :(

eta: The label is super-cute though!

Edited by sixthsentinel

Not what I was expecting at all! I was anticipating honey note of doom and baby powder. Instead, I got something that smells very similar to the bath oil, Castitas and I luuurve Castitas. I'll have to do a side by side comparison.

Oh my goshy! First sniff I loved this! Stinky has that astringent sweet syrupy quality of honey, and the milk in this smells like rice milk very much like Lover's in a Rice Field. I didn't get much of a typical baby powder scent in this but it does have a tinge of soft powder in there. I tried Diabolical Offspring at the same time I tried this one and they seem similar, Stinky being more "tart" but both are very good! :P

Sadly, this really did smell stinky on me. It went off the same way Gladdener did. :( And of course, it was super stubborn and when I tried to wash it off I think I just made it angry.

I'm so happy I at least have Diabolical Offspring for my lovely powder with a twist scent.

Love the label though! :)

need to have.. need to have.. need to have.. :love!:

this was tested today while drinking coffee with a BPAl friend and seriously

NEED TO HAVE it is so very nice, soft, clean and babiesh you just want to revel yourself in the scent all day long!

First up, the label is great! Naughty ol' Stinky dog :lol:

I really really love this one. It reminds me a bit of puppy-breath smell.. it's all gooey softness and sweet, warm clean air. Honey and baby powder, definitely - I'm not really familiar with "white honey" as opposed to regular honey.. to my nose this is more like a dark honey but it's not overpowering the other things in this blend. The milk note doesn't go sour on my skin at all, it's nice and creamy although every now and then I get whiffs of something like violet (which happens with other things like Dragon's Milk occasionally.. weirdo skin) but that just makes it interesting.

This stays on my skin for ages, and stays pretty true all the time - it never went powdery or soapy at all. I seem to have been really lucky here and found and excellent match for my skin chemistry.

I can see myself wearing Stinky a lot, it's perfect for those (frequent) times when I have trouble deciding on what BPAL to wear and just want to smell.. nice. :)