Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
autumn24

Alice

Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

In the Imp:

Mostly honey. Not much of the rose and carnation at all. A hint of milk. Not a scent that I expected to like. I'm wondering why this scent is so popular.

On my wrist:

Yeah, that's honey alright, with some rose underneath. Too sweet. Not really me. I'm not expecting this to be a keeper.

Drydown:

Oh my God, this is incredible!! The rose comes out, along with a spiciness from the carnation. It's gone from girlish to sophisticated with an understated sexiness. This is a strong contender for a 5ml bottle.

Alice

Starts off mostly milk and honey, with a carnation base. There's a tiny bit of citrus underneath that gives it a very slight edge - that must be the bergamot.

I only smelled the rose at the very beginning ...no, wait, there it is again. Unfortunately, as the rose emerged, it added a bit of a sour note. (It's a full, womanly rose note and those do sometimes go sour on my skin.)

Then the scent goes back to milk and honey - these notes like to play with each other! It's a bit of an old-fashioned womanly scent - but also sweet, pretty and comforting. If I was trying to soothe a frightened child, I'd wear this scent to be a reassuring, motherly presence.

Alice:

Initially, this smelled almost exactly like Dana O'Shee to me...mostly milk and honey.

But then the floral components makes an appearance. I can see why this is so popular.

This is a beautiful creamy, slightly sweet floral.

Origin - Sampled (on two different occasions) at the Black Broom.

Wet - very sweet and creamy.

Dry - oh there it goes again, vanishing into my skin. It leaves behind a light spiciness, the carnation I presume, which is very nice. If it were a bit stronger I would be interested in this, but it's another milk-based blend that doesn't last on my skin at all.

ETA - I got a new imp of this, and have a different opinion this time, so a new review!

I had tried this before and hadn't really liked this, although with milk, honey and carnation I don't know how that would be possible. A frimp from the lab was the perfect thing to allow me to test this again.

Wet - Primarily carnation.

Dry - Carnation, a tingle of bergamot, and every now and then I get a lucious honey note. It doesn't last very long, but I do like this. I don't need a bottle right now, but I would consider one in the future.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Edited by wickedgoddess

Alice on my skin essentially is a delicate and creamy floral. Mostly carnation, with a bit of rose, and the bergamot gives it an edge to save it from utter sweetness (think of the edge in Earl Grey tea, and you've got the idea!). The milk and honey lend a sweet creaminess, and Alice is definitely one I'd be interested in purchasing a larger bottle of. Not much throw from what I can tell, but altogether a very nice scent.

I thought that Alice would be an instant hit for me, but alas, my skin chemistry when NUTS with the bergamot. I get one instant of creamy honeyish sweetness (yum, yum, yum!) and then bam! citrus / lemon and not much else. I waited patiently, poked my arm, ranted at it and it DID change after quite a bit of time...into a very slightly spicy lemonish scent. I'm off to give my skin a harsh talking to... :P

I bought an imp of this from the forum.

My first few sniffs of this wet were very full honey & carnation. After it dried, I smelled the carnation most. It also had an after-smell effect that was reminiscent of dryer sheets (but not in an unpleasant way). After a couple hours, it still has a pretty, soft carnationy smell that has a little bit of dryer sheet effect. It sounds weird, but I love it. My boyfriend loves it, too.

I think I'll be buying a regular bottle of this one.

I hate Alice. The character I mean. She is, to me, the most ridiculous character in the books. It has put me off ordering her for a while. Well, to be fair, that and the rose in the description.

Anyway, when I first applied this, I was positively surprised by the almond scent that I smelled. It fades quickly though, leaving a very sweet and innocent scent behind. There's something in there that reminds me of Dana O'Shee, but it's not the almond. It is a milky honey. This would be a great scent for a young girl. And I like it, too.

I love Alice. It is wonderful, and when I ordered it, I only did so because it was so popular I had to see what all the hype was about. By the time it arrived, I was wary of it. It had rose, it had honey, it had milk, all of which are ingredients in perfumes that have gone bad on me. I anticipated smelling like rose soap!

And instead, it is absolutely gorgeous! It starts with the honey, rose and bergamot. The bergamot makes it slightly medicinal, which quickly fades (say a few mintues), and leaves honey and rose with the beginning of a little carnation spiciness. I had no idea what carnation smelled like, and it has become a favorite! In 30 minutes, the carnation and the honey take over, with a hint of cream and it stays this sweet, spicy, slightly creamy fragrance for hours.

A big bottle for sure.

First impressions: Almond (like Dana O'Shee) with a hint of citrus.

On the drydown, it becomes creamy and sweet with a "powdery" feel. Honey and rose, and a hint of spiciness from the carnation.

Quite nice, but I don't know how often I'd wear this.

Wet: Sweet, sweet sweet. Almost too sweet. My teeth might rot getting near my wrist.

Drydown: Milk and honey. The florals did a drive by and waved. Less sweet, more calm.

Cat's review: She attempted to lick my wrist while I was scritching her. She's tried to sniff my bottles, play with imps, swat at the imp altoid tin but the licking is way new. :P Now she's sitting on my lap happilly purring away.

Impressions: Girly, innocent. Both of which I am neither. :D Its pinkish and light cotton dress. It's for those days when I'm tired of all the boy behavior at the office.

Verdict: I am keeping this for multiple reasons. I will compare it to Dana and see which of these lovelies need to make residence in the 5ml box.

It's sweet, it's happy. It's everything I haven't been lately. :D That's good enough incentive to remind me that those things are possible.

Light - honey/milk/bergamont on me. Slightly spicy, from the carnation I assume, though I can't really pick out any floral notes. Not entirely what I was expecting (I was thinking something more like Chaste Moon, with more florals), but very, very nice indeed. I'm amazed that the rose isn't overpowering everything else, as rose tends to do on my skin.

Wet, Alice smells almost exactly like Earl Grey tea with milk, though as it dries, the tea aspect fades. I think layered with Dorian, this would be amazing!

I'm glad I listened to all the rave reviews and skipped the imp - I have the distinct feeling that Alice is going to dissappear quite rapidly as I slather it on all summer. Preferably while wearing pink and/or ruffles.

this scent makes me think of how babies smell. it’s lovely, pure and gentle. the milk and honey makes it sweet and comforting, and the rose and carnation are light and delicate. i absolutely adore it. oh, and it’s helpful on stressful days at work, because it helps me stay calm.

Curiouser and curiouser, this scent lives up to her name. She is sweet and delicate on me, with strong top notes of milk and honey, softly undermined by the velvety rose. I love the milk and honey scents, and I think this one has to be the best of those by far. It makes me feel youthful, soft, and yes, curious. I already bought my 5 ml, this is a can't live without scent. :P

I was lucky enough to recieve this as a gift imp from the lab.

In the bottle, it smells like a nice, clean, baby should ... almost baby powderish.

After it is applied though, it was all carnation and rose with the milk and honey in the background to sweeten it up a bit. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it seems to stick around for quite awhile.

Oh dear. I'm not sure if it's the carnation or the rose, or what, but Alice started out lovely and creamy and sweet, but then turned into kind of a sour baby powder. :P

Oh well, one for the swaps.

Wet: CARNATION, carnation, carnation. The clove scent of carnation is so strong you'd think I was wearing straight-up clove oil.

Drying: The CARNATION gradually recedes enough to let some milk, honey, and rose peek through, and the spicy/sweet/floral combination is absolutely beautiful.

Dry: ... and it's gone. Lasted about two hours, then disappeared, except for a faint trace of (wait for it...) carnation. But, oh, it was nice while it lasted.

Mostly rose, wet. Carnation comes out as it dries, which isn't fantastic on my skin. Overall, too carnation/sharp green for me.

In the Bottle: I smell the honey and the carnation

On Skin: There is a milky scent to it, I can still smell the honey. There is something more floral about it now, and I can catch whiffs of rose to it.

On Drydown: There is a sweetness to this and almost a powdery quality to it but it makes me think of a young girl. A young girl like when she's seven or eight which is age that Alice is in my mind.

Verdict: I think this scent perfect encapsulates Alice from the Lewis Carroll books. This is a floral that isn't quite a floral and yet is so lovely. I can see myself ordering more of this. :P

I love this! I think I've finally found, in Alice, the scent that will replace Chaste Moon as my comforting, sleeping blend. It's lovely, sweet and spicy.

I was surprised to see bergamot in the notes listing because bergamot usually races to the forefront on my skin, leaving any blend containing it reeking of lemon. It doesn't do this at all in Alice. Instead, it behaves and plays a nice, quiet supporting role.

The carnation, on the other hand, is robust and miraculous. A few whiffs of Alice actually reminded me of Port-au-Prince because the carnation is so strongly reminiscent of clove. It's just the right complement to the soft milk/honey/rose of the blend.

Did I mention I love this?

In the vial: Almonds dipped in cream and baby powder. Very odd. The almond smell isn't as strong as in other blends I've tried (like Port-au-Prince and Bastet), but they are definitely there, nonetheless.

Wearing: Ah, good, the almonds calm down a little. Wow, I can really smell the milk. And still a lot of baby powder, maybe more so than in the imp. The rose comes out a lot, too. This reminds me a lot of Maiden, only creamier and even more innocent.

Later: It's smokier now, and I'm wondering why I'm surprised since vanilla always takes on either a smoky or downright scorched smell on my skin. Also, I think maybe it's the honey tricking my nose into thinking I'm smelling amber. Very nice.

Overall: This wouldn't normally be my cup of tea. However, this blend possesses some sort of hypnotising charm. Maybe it's partly because, when I was little, I went through a phase where I thought I was Alice and wouldn't answer to my real name--which incidently was part of my motivation for getting this blend. :P Because the blend is so pleasant and comforting, and my past self, and the odd charm, I will keep the imp.

Bottle (Imp): This is sweet and a little bit flowery. It's a very pleasant scent to my nose, giving me the impression of pastel sweetness and vivid yellow flowers.

Just On: It's sweet, a little spicy, and flowery. I get a little red mixed in with the yellow, but not to make orange, they aren't necessarily blended.

An hour or two later: Still about the same, though starting to wear off.

Around 6 hours: I am getting a hint of soapiness now.

12 hours: It went away now.

Overall: I like Alice (I keep thinking of the song Go Ask Alice for some reason). It makes me feel content when I sniff it.

After reading other reviews: I didn't really get the milk part of this, but the rest was awesome. Apparently these flowers like my skin.

i've been curious about alice, but was also leary because more often than not, florals and i do not get along.

this was mostly milk and honey w/a touch of rose..very nice. i've gone from being curious to wanting a 5mL. :P

i also think alice/dorian would make great his/hers scents.

I liked this one right away. It is innocent, but not too much so.

It is sweet and familiar, but not boring.

On me it is rosebud tea with milk. Delicious.

Alice

In the imp: ooh, lovely, soft honey almond with a hint of floral, rose and carnation. This is like a floral Dana O'Shee!

Wet on skin: soft creamy florals with honey. I can smell a bit of carnation and rose, nicely blended, with the creamy honey on top. The milk note in this is lovely!

Dry on skin: oh, this is lovely. Creamy honeyed florals. The rose and carnation are mixed nicely so they form one lovely slightly spicy pink floral scent, and goes together wonderfully with the milk and honey.

After a while: the florals become more pronounced, they get warmer and start to bloom on my skin, mingling ever so nicely with the honey. This blend makes me feel cosy and fuzzy inside, and it reminds me of happy childhood days.

Verdict: this is a gorgeous, gentle, sweet creamy honeyed floral scent. I was worried that the milk note would be too sickly in here, but thankfully this wasn't the case-it was like the milk in Dana. The honey is very soft, and the florals are just perfect, carnation and rose blended to make a soft, girly, youthful scent. This would be wonderful as a body lotion. I'm thinking of getting a bottle of this, because this scent is so lovely!