Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

I had gotten an imp of this to wear with the visiting beau, who loves vanilla in the worst (ie: best) sort of way. So, after picking him up, we're sitting on the train and the first remark was "Hmm...you smell kind of like baby powder." followed by a few more quizzical sniffs at my neck. This was only an hour or so after I had applied.

Baby powder. Nuts. It seems that, despite my love of them, most milk-honey-vanilla blends turn to dust when met with my chemistry. Curses!

However, some time later, he was sniffing the same spot on my neck, and said "Okay, now you smell like cocoa butter." BPAL's capacity for morphing was driving him mad, even after being applied 5 and a half hours earlier! Later, the minimal sleep he had on his trip took its toll, and he nodded off while we were curled up. Baby powder, cocoa butter, or whatever his brain decided to make it drew his nose up to the little crook behind my ear where I had applied and sleep with his nose pressed against it. It was an awkward position for his sore neck and smooshed nose, but no matter if he shifted unconsiously or I shifted deliberately, his nose always tucked back into my neck. Not only that, but his breathing noticeably quicker than usual.

I might have to get a 5 ml of this anyway, if I test its subliminal effects more thoroughly, because sleeping with his Lord Vader "kooooohishhhhhhh kooohiiiisssssssssssssh" was endearing. Edited by Shollin

Bottle: Lots of sweet honey with a touch of vanilla. No amber yet.

On, wet: Very sweet vanilla, no amber yet. So sweet is almost cotton candyish. this cotton candy smell yeilds to a warm sweet vanilla.

Drydown: WOW--Honeyed sweet (but not too sweet) vanilla tempered by the slightly powdery amber. The amber also gives it a hint of spice. This melds with my skin in a wonderful fashion.

Overall: This was the vanilla from snake oil improved so that I'd like it. In snake oil, it was too sweet, too candleshoppy, to overpowering. Here it is sweet but nicely so, and tempered by amber, so it melds into my skin and smells like part of me.

It has great staying power--still going strong after 6 hours, which is very atypical on my thirsty skin.

I will consider a bottle, though vanilla isn't normally my thing. I'll definitely keep the imp. This is sexy and sweet.

Edited by jewelbug

In the imp: Vanilla extract. It's a thin, alcoholy vanilla scent.

Wet: The minute I put this on my skin the vanilla deepened and richened to do away with that nasty extract alcohol smell. On first sniff the amber is just barely present, the vanilla smells deliciously like vanilla pudding, and I'm getting a biting note of something even sweeter than the vanilla.

Dry down: The sweet vanilla has given way to the amber. There's still some vanilla left, it only adds a sweet depth to the scent. I don't smell foody at all, I just smell like me, but sweetened. There's a bit of a powdery finish, but not baby powder. It's more like those edible body powders, but in no flavor I've ever tried. If I had to name a flavor I'd say it's some kind of spicy honey. It almost smells like there's sandalwood in there somewhere along with the vanilla and amber. I have to run this one past the boyfriend, but I'd say odds are very, VERY good that this a keeper. Maybe even a 5 or 10 ml scent for me!

Oohh naughty indeed.

This smells slightly indecent to me.

In the bottle it's efinitely a vanilla extract smell. Kind of almond like, as well.

On the skin, it really morphs into a.. rather erotic scent. Like well oiled skin... well i don't think anyone on the forum is suffering from a lack of imagination. :P

It's a pretty strong one on me, I got up and got a glass of water and I could smell it following me, enveloping me in warm spiciness when i stopped moving. The vanilla and honey combine perfectly, and the amber adds a touch of feminine powder. It's a womanly powdery scent though, not babyish in the least.

I will cherish this imp.

I'm not sure why it took me so long, relatively speaking, to try O, given that I adore honey, love vanilla and amber and I tend to get along just fine. And in the vial, this is really an absolutely delectable scent. It smells richly of honey, just dripping from the comb, but with the amber to give it some density and complexity.

So, this morning I used my honey body wash and my honey lotion and I slathered me some O.

Then I went to work.

Perhaps this was not the best of ideas. I am not getting sexsexsex from this, in all honestly, and I have to refer to the profound observation of Madame Nyx who asked earlier:

Why doesn't my sexual activity smell like vanilla and sugar...is there something wrong with me?  :P In fact, I really want to meet the couple whose love making smells like this. 

But there is still something about this scent, particularly on the skin, on a fairlywarm August day, that doesn't smell like sex to me, but is definitely evocative of that feeling of being snuggled up after some afternoon delight, shall we say.

There is a muskiness, to this on me, particularly in the early stages, which I am not sure if I like, as it is a little jarring.

But while I generally immediately consign such oils to the swap pile, such are my hopes for O that I think I might be willing to give her another try or two. Perhaps on date night, next time. :D

Oh my. Or, rather, ohhhh my. The generous Lab frimped me with this in my last order... I'd wanted to try it, but I wasn't sure it was going to be for me. Sounded a little heavy, and so on...

So yesterday I uncapped my Imp and took a giant inhale, with my mouth and nose open (you can smell better that way). And I actually... really, I'm not entirely sure what the noise I made was, something between a moan and a whimper. Wow. This stuff really is sex-in-a-bottle, and it smells great too.

The three notes balance perfectly on me: a slightly dusty, powdery amber, the sweet honey, and the grounding vanilla. There's some spiciness in there too; not sure what that is. Incredible staying power: I put a test swipe on and then went and worked outside, and it was still going strong after five hours of serious sweat. Incredible throw, too; every time the breeze brushed by, I'd get a fabulous wave of O. It's... it's reminiscent of skin and sex smells, kind of, only better, oh so much better.

This stuff is unbelievable. I haven't tried Snake Oil yet, but one of the two is going to be my sexy big-bottle purchase!

I get mainly honey and amber from this. The vanilla is elusive, but my husband can pick it out. This scent is hard to describe; it is sweet and the honey is prominent, but it isn't a smooth, innocent, clover sort of honey. Perhaps wild honey--less sweet and more complex.

It's somehow wildly erotic. There's something in there--I can't pinpoint it. To me it doesn't smell like the actual scent of sex, or sweat either. Those scents seem salty to me, and O certainly isn't that. Maybe it is the smell of sweaty sex without the salt? Anyway, a distinctly intimate, explicitly sexual smell.

And boy, does it ever work magic on my husband when I wear it! I haven't tried any of the voodoo blends that are supposed to ignite desire, but I don't really need them. I don't think I've worn O to bed yet without getting, um, results :D , even when he says he's completely bushed and we really have to just sleep...

So yeah, even if I didn't like the scent much myself (although I do) I'd keep it around just for that purpose. :P

This is a very very light scent and practicly dissapears on my skin.

Out of the bottle, oddly enough it smells like my Prairie Dog (I know, weird). I smell a musky sort of honey and vanilla....but it's so faint, it's barley detectable.

On my skin, it dries down to practicly nothing. The amber is a little more prominent now, but again, barley there.

This one is just too light. I was really looking foward to O, as it has so many good reviews. Too bad it vanishes on my skin.

*comatose and drooly on the floor*

This is pure delectable honeyed vanilla. It's not complex, and it's sure not subtle, but damn is it sexy.

It smelled too sexy from the bottle, almost like...er...sex-sweat, but on the skin it just blooms into this incredible creamy honey that's not too sweet or cloying. And despite the lack of subtlety, it's not an overpowering scent (and I say this having accidently spilled some on me).

BIG bottle, immediately.

Oh, O.

The devastation is still in my heart. Why does my skin hate you?

In the imp, O is breathtaking. I put it on, and it smells great.

Then the drydown begins. What was so lovely now has turned musty and stale. The honey turns antique store (but not good antique store, moldy, musty junk antique store) on my skin.

At the very end, I get hints of nice honey, deepened by I guess the amber.

A lovely scent, I really wanted it to work, but my skin rebelled.

In the Bottle: Honey and a touch of amber, vanilla, a very very sweet sticky honey. The vanilla makes it much more candy-like than pure regular honey. It's very sticky sweet candy.

Dry: calms down to a more powdery hard candy, lots of vanilla, the honey recedes a bit and the amber comes out making this wearable. VERY foody. Calms way down after drying. Becomes nice and much more elusive.

1 to 10: 6 because I find this excessively candy-like Buy Again: No

In the imp: Cherry flavored...oh, there's the honey.

On skin: Honey honey honey. HONEY. Whoever compared this to Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids was right on.

Drydown: Oooh, this is lovely. Vanilla's weaving in and out, and it's very light and sweet. I'm not getting any of that SEX SEX SEX vibe. This is the innocent sweet scent I can see myself wearing on dates, and it's not headache inducing.

I've a date this weekend, will try it out then.

I like it. It does smell of sex in a kind of way :P

It turns a bit powdery on me, though. Will try it on again and update my review.

Mmmmm. This is a very strong and sweet fragrance on me. A little bit goes a long way.

Not sticky or fruity at all, though. It's like amaretto cookies on me when it first goes on, and it dries to a strong honey/vanilla that lasts a long time. (Really. 16 hours and then some). The amber is very light and subtle, like a powdery undercurrent.

It's a really great choice for a female sub - feminine, seductive and sweet without a hint of femme fatale.

I really loved this at first, but the honey note went mad on me. Note to self: You cannot handle honey in blends. What you love that you think is honey is actually amber, which is delicious in this blend, but the honey and vanilla together are just much too sweet for me without any sort of spice or floral to relieve them. If you love honey and sweet fragrances, this is delicious, but it's not for me.

In the vial, and wet, I am instantly in love, but at the same time, worried...This is delicious: sticky vanilla, slightly green, with a resinous tang...it's like a "clean" Snake Oil (without the patchouli and spice).

Dry this is sweet, warm, delicate, deep, and soft....ummmph...

I may have another lover tomorrow :P , but O has my heart today. It is skin, but amplified in the sweetest, sexiest way. I feel like I could wear this anywhere: to work, out, to bed...it's like having on sexy underwear. A single drop, and you have something that is just for you...but slather and it has quite a bit of throw and staying power.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lookingglass

Wow, it's amazing to me how BPAL scents change the way they smell on my skin throughout the month. (It's doubly amazing to me since I had a hysterectomy when I was 13, so I don't get periods...)

I've loved O since the first time I tried it. Normally it smells like deep amber with honey and vanilla: sweet, heavy, innocent.

Not today. Today it smells like sex. Good, fulfilling, not-too-dirty/not-too-clean sex; kind of like a fantasy that's not TOO too wild. Where did the innocence go? LOL

I love it both ways... but I wonder if it smells to OTHER people the same way it smells on me, from day to day... Will everyone else think I smell like sex?? ::snort/laugh::

In the bottle: Very, very sweet and sort of hard to describe. It's a nice, rich sweetness though, not at all cloying. Sort of a honey sweetness - I think this smells in the bottle a little bit like what Tiger Lily smells like on drydown for me. Weird. (I kind of got the same thing from La Petit Mort, which is maybe not surprising.)

Wet: Not quite so sweet; a little more rich and a bit spicy. I think the amber starts to come out.

Drydown: Just a little bit of an incensey-smell, but this is really nice - still nice and sweet, a little bit musky? Not sexy at all, unfortunately, but I just can't stop smelling my wrist. The big bonus of this one is that it never *once* starts to smell powdery. Woo!

In the imp: Sweeeeet.

On, wet: Honey, and lots of it. Yummy, but a bit one-dimensional, almost a honey SN.

30 minutes: The amber and vanilla peek out ever so slightly, giving it depth and warmth and almost a little spice. Very, very yummy. Like this one, a lot. It's very foody, but comforting.

O:

In the bottle: Holy shit! The reviews here said it smells like sex, but, WOAH! I didn't expect they'd be right!

Wet: Okay. I still smell the sweat, and a little bit of sex, but the honey came right out at me.

Drydown: The honey and amber came out, and then they mellowed and the vanilla is starting to peek through. I like this one. It's definitely not something I could wear to school (being the Christian college university that it is), but I think I'll give this one a "bigger" test at the RenFaire on Saturday.

Conclusion: keep, test at Faire.

Update: Tested, and it made me feel ill. Sell.

Edited by Ankhet

This is all sweet and warm and a bit heavy. It smells like walking through the rainforest.. it's hot and humid and fragrant.. but this is even better than that. It smells very heavy to me in the bottle, but it's not so much on my skin, which is a good thing. Just awesome, I have a 10 mL of this.

Also, I have no idea what sex smells like, but this smells like I think sex would.

It’s a sad commentary on life that the “O” is disappointing.

:P

I had high hopes for it, especially since a few weeks before I tried this I got to try Snake Oil (one of my favorites) and I had heard that O was so similar. Anyway, O may be similar but it is no Snake Oil. Definitely not sexy—it reminds me a LOT of little girlhood, and there would be something seriously wrong if I connected that, in ANY way, with sexy. *shudder*

In the bottle, Sweet. It’s so sweet I feel like my teeth might decay just by smelling it. Definitely smells like a particular sweet—what is it?...

Applied, it’s still very sweet—much more so than Snake Oil, mainly because there is less complexity to the sweetness. I finally identified the very familiar smell: pink bubble gum. And while I love the taste of pink bubble gum, it’s not necessarily great as a perfume, at least not on me. I think it might be making me salivate a little, but increased drool is not something I need either. Upon time lapse, a very white vanilla develops—not the darker vanilla that is like vanilla bean—more like a vanilla candle.

If I had a daughter, I would buy her a bottle of this as a “grown-up” treat—so she could have her own little BPAL on her own little dresser. That would be really cute. But I don't have a kid, and all of my friends have boys, so there you are.

It smells good—salivatingly good (it is actually making my mouth water—years of Pavlovian conditioning with the Bubble Yum, I guess.) Definitely something where I will be happy to use up the imp, but I won’t feel a need for a big bottle. If I want sweet, I have Pink Moon and Snake Oil so I’m good.

On a scale of 1 to 5: 3.

O, O, O.... What can I say about O? Perhaps I should bow down on my knees with my hands tied behind my back in tribute? Yep I read The Story of O, a couple of years ago when I was a innocent and fragile (yeah right) 15.

It's odd because O to me is a very dominating scent. In the sense that it's powerful and very much a center of attention type of scent. It begs to be complimented and noticed. Not really what I would expect for a scent that is somewhat in honor sexual submission and slavery. But then again, I'm not quite sure what scent would be fitting. And in it's own unique way, it does bring to mind a beautiful submissive at the mercy or her Dom/Master.

In the end it doesn't matter because O is a fantastic, beautiful scent that beckons one's sexuality to the surface. Close enough to fitting for me.

Like Snake Oil, it's powerful and warm with an intense heat. It also has great staying power. It's a little strong when first applied but it comes down nicely into a warm vanilla scent.

Needless to say I have ordered a 5ml. I couldn't resist.

Edited by silver_springs

MMmMMMmmmMMMm....

Can one want to seduce oneself? What I love to do is place one dro pon each wrist, behind each ear, and in between my breasts. I love this because III can smell it, but everyone else in my class cannot. My boyfriend says he can smell it (but he doesn't like anything, so I care not about pleasing him!)

This is gorgeous. MmmMm. It is very soft on me, and not sweet. It reminds me of a local earth spirituality store. The soft incense, and mixtures of spiritual things : ) It also reminds me of the smell of kama sutra's original oil blend.... this makes me feel sexy and confident, yet not trashy. It's like the Monica Bellucci of perfumes.

Enjoy sweeties!

iris

I so wanted to like this, but I think my skin has issues with amber. I never get any creaminess or vanilla from O, just a very sharp plasticky smell. To the point that I had to wash it off immediately. It goes sour on me the same way that Dana O Shee does. It's a shame because I wanted to love O, but I ended up swapping it away.

ADDED Nov. 8:

The bottom line: Sadly O doesn't work for me, and I ended up swapping it. There are several oils, O, Dana 'O Shee, and Samhain 05 that turn into a very sharp plastic scent on my skin and wreck havoc on my sinuses. I used to think it was honey, but other honey scents (Athens, Bengal) work fabulously on me and vanilla is a tried and true favorite so I'm beginning to suspect it's amber. I wish I could wear O, but it's just not for me.