Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

I really wanted to love "O"; the description sounds right up my alley.

In the imp: lovely, but a bit heavy.

On the skin, damp: sexy, wonderful, warm

Dry: baby powder....BAH! What happened?:P

A co-worker even commented once: "Do you smell baby powder? Something smells like baby powder." Er, me?!

Oh well. I'm glad it works for others. Edited by Shollin

First whiff: weird! There's clearly honey, but... what is that "something else"?

Drydown: ...OK, I know what the something else is. :P

You know, when people said this smelled of sex in the reviews, I took it as a metaphor.

Yes.

Of course, now that I'm trying it... I have to say O does indeed smell of, well, actual sex, drenched in honey. It's the real deal here, people. I don't know what exact component creates this feeling, and I'm not sure I want to know :D

Overall: it's, er, interesting, but honestly, as much as I like bolder, sexier scents, I'd rather avoid smelling of sex itself :D

6.5/10

Okay. When I first put this on? It had a very furry musky smell. It smelled like I had been letting my friend's rats playing in my shirt while I was still wearing it (which I loved doing while I stayed with her family last month).

Once it dries a bit, it starts to get powdery, which makes me feel kinda 'eh' about it, but when I sniff up close, I get the honey vanilla mix, which is yummy. I don't really get 'sex' from this after it dries, but it's still good.

I'm kinda cold right now, so I'm interested to see how this holds up/changes when my body heat runs a bit higher.

I will admit (because I'm weird like this) that I wish the furry musky smell stayed a bit stronger once it dried a bit. :P

So i was excited to try this, cause my friend nearly died over it. She left me to cell messages gushing and got cut off both times. lol! I love amber, though it does go to powder a bit at first on me, and i love vanilla so ihad high hopes. but overall it just went kinda of funky. it was niether amber or vanilla or powder but just blech. :P

O was a scent I could scarcely stand on my wrist before reaching for the soap.

The amber and honey emerged as instead of a golden, glorious scent I'd been looking for, ended up as a glaringly bold and bright scent of... cat urine. What little of the amber that was that I could detect, perhaps the unwashed and stale scent a few others had mentioned? I'd so hoped that O would be a find for me, and am resoundingly jealous of the rest of you who can enjoy it so. On me the vanilla was a far off dream, nothing but blinding yellow!

However, I will say this oil has throw!

Whoo! Honey and vanilla! Like boatloads of it. For all you ladies gaga for vanilla, this is one to try. Just too sweet for me, though.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet.

Wet, it's veeeerrrrry sweet, but as it dries it is tempered by the vanilla. It's pretty strong & has an excellent throw. Sweet, but not tooth-achingly so. It's pretty and everyone seems to love it when I wear it. =)

A great oil to have on hand in standard rotation.

Ah, vanilla. I usually avoid vanilla scents, but the lovely lab sent me a frimp, and how could I not try something that's basically been labelled liquid sex?

This strikes me as less complex than many other BPAL blends. There's vanilla, and there's honey, and there's a touch of amber to make it interesting. Not exactly subtle, but who needs subtle when they've got a perfume like this? It's simple but very much alluring. It's unfortunate that it seems to go to powder on so many other people!

I thought I was going to love this, since I love vanilla and I love amber, and it had so many glowing reviews.

Unfortunately, O is pure, over-powering honey on me, from the first sniff in the imp to... well, not drydown, actually. I couldn't make it through the drying process; I tried to hold out, but both times I tried O, I had to scrub it off after five minutes. And it still didn't go away. I washed it with soap and near-steaming water, and while it cut down on O's admittedly impressive throw, I could still smell it whenever I put my hand near my wrist for a good ten hours or so.

I didn't get any amber, and any vanilla there might have been only went into making the honey sweeter. I'm going to look on the bright side and consider this a valuable learning experience; at least now I know that my skin amps honey, and that I should avoid it in the future.

Oh man, did I want to love O. Honey + sex = :D . I was a bit wary of the vanilla, since I'm not super-fond of it and it tends to get amped on me, but that didn't stop me.

in vial: Honey! Also, something sharp that I can't quite place. A bit of amber, and I think I almost smell the sex. :D

just applied: mmm... sexy honey... drooooooool...

drying down Whoops, here comes the vanillavanillavanilla. Along with a killer migraine.

dry: OW MY HEAD. Suddenly, the headache I had while wearing Brisingamen (coincidentally, I thought) makes more sense. Since testing O, I've tried Fenris Wolf, and as I'm 0 for 3 in the head-not-hurting department, I've come to the tentative conclusion that I have some sort of sensitivity to amber. IT HATES ME AND WANTS ME TO SUFFER. :P

verdict: A learning experience, yes, but not a happy one. Already swapped away, and I was still sad to see it go, though the whoavanilla probably would've been a dealbreaker anyway.

Smells good, exactly like the description, warm golden honey mellowed out with a little vanilla. It would be perfect for the first days of fall.

I can see why everyone loves this scent. I love it, too, but I love Dragon's Milk a tiny bit better for this scent type. Which might have something to do with the fact that my husband likes Dragon's Milk better than O, I will admit.

This one is really sensuous and sexy! To me, this is an artfully done blend of honey, amber, and vanilla, as many others have said. What strikes me most about this one is the warmth that radiates from it. I actually feel the physical sensation of warmth as I smell this one (maybe like a lover's breath...)

Unfortunately, it did have a baby powder drydown on me, so I don't know if I would wear this regularly.

like most honey-heavy scents i've smelled, this one smells like sexmusk to me, just like Honey Moon did, so i'm not super surprised.

however, Honey Moon stayed sweet honey sexmusk on my skin, and O turned to babypowder in less than 5 minutes. i'm pretty sure it took only 2 minutes in fact. and i mean that literally.

oh well.

n.

In the imp: Whew. I smell Honey, honey. And Vanilla. And Powder.

Wet on my skin: A blast of cloyingly sweet honey with slightly grubby smell to it. Powder and Vanilla are sulking off to one side.

Drydown: Dirty babypowder and sticky sweetness..

In conclusion: This smells like an unclean pervert handing out sticky gross candy. And not in any kind of sexy way. Honey does terrible things when it contacts my skin.

This was a frimp from the very generous lab, and I was so excited to see what all the fuss was about.

In the imp: warm and sexy, just as I'd heard

on my skin: amber amber amber, screaming at me. Amber does not like me and the feeling's mutual. Ah well, I'll send this somewhere where it can be better appreciated.

In the bottle: Yummy vanilla and the golden note of amber.

Wet: Warming amber (I was a bit concerned, as I had a bad experience with another BPAL amber scent), and then...

Dry: Baby powder. Dammit. Off to swap.

Edited by harmonyfb

The thing I love the most about this scent, which is my favorite so far of the 10 or so imps I have, is the wonderful balance of elements. The honey, amber and vanilla combine to create a soft golden warm scent that is exquisite. None of them overwhelms another, nothing is too potent. Yet it lasts wonderfully. Amber is not always a favorite- I can find it to be way too sickeningly sweet- but this scent is lovely. My husband also approves and he's picky.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

The beauty of this scent is in the simplicity. Sweet & Sensual from the bottle all the way through the day. When it first goes on, the amber, honey, and vanilla are very balanced and complimentary, and I also detect a hint of cocoa. As it dried, the sweet lightness of the vanilla gave way to the musky headiness of the amber, and on me, it is definately the honey that is the strongest note. It is just so warm and irresistible! I can sort of imagine people catching a waft as I go by thinking ... what *is* that divinely sexy smell??

It's easy to see why this is one of the most popular BPAL blends. Anyone who likes foody or sweet scents should try this. On me it's all sweet honey -- I don't get a lot of amber or vanilla. It reminds me quite a bit of Ginestet Botrytis.

You're not a shy one, are you, little O? :D

This has the most throw I've ever gotten from a BPAL scent -- one tiny dab on my wrist was all it took!

I get honey and a gorgeous spiced amber, with a hint of vanilla permeating throughout -- a very "let's get it on" kind of scent. :P It's yummy, but a little too RAWR for playgroups and grocery shopping.

My first review! Let's hope it's decent.

In the Bottle: I get a warm, almondy vanilla scent from this one. I can smell that undernote of honey that is described.

Wet: Honey, honey, honey! It went right to the front of the line, but I can still smell some of the vanilla lurking with a bit of spice (the amber maybe?)

Drydown: The honey and vanilla have merged to a warm, sweet glow. I have to be reeeally close to get to this, but when I do, it brings back memories of sitting on my grandparents' porches and savoring a piece of "Bit O'Honey" candy.

I am so loving this scent! It goes onto the 5mL list.

In the imp, this is a lovely honey-vanilla twined with something that must be the amber.

On me? As Davin so kindly put it, "It smells like an old lady scent." Definately not sexy. I think it must be the amber and my skin, because I haven't had problems yet with honey or vanilla notes. Oh, well.

In the imp, amber is the overriding smell, with honey as a subtle undercurrent, and the vanilla hiding. On my skin, the amber is definitely still the predominant smell, but the vanilla makes itself more known, especially when I'm not smelling it up close. Something smells rather floral, and on the whole, the mixture is sweet and would probably give me a headache if I put too much of it on.

After the first few minutes, it starts to smell like the deodorizing cakes that are put into urinals in the portapotties.

After 30 minutes or so, the sweet smell that, for me, marks the urinal cakes is definitely still there, and seems to be the smell that amber takes on my skin. Thankfully, it's lost the acrid edge that really made it smell nasty, and just smells sweet. The honey is coming out a bit more, and almost seems as if there's cream or something similar mixed with it, but that might just be the vanilla. Vanilla is still lurking, but I'm catching notes of it occasionally.

I slept with it on, and in the morning, it was a softer, smoky amber. A very pleasant, sweet scent, once you get past the initial stage, but not right for me.

This, while not a caramel-sweet smell, was still too sweet for me. Straight sugar does not a balanced diet, nor scent, make for me. I'm sure many people like it, but for me, it doesn't do the trick.