Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

This just smells like mansex on me. And my boyfriend. And anyone else I put it on, and it's not just me saying that!
This is my second try at it, and the first one smelled bad in a different way, so I'm thinking about trying one more time. I *really* want to like this.

Oh, oh, oh, oh................O.

:D :D :P

This is just wonderful. I thought it might be. I knew amber was my friend and from BPAL I've learned that honey and vanilla are my friends too. It smells like sex and love and warm sweet skin. It is so beautiful and so not like anything you could buy in a store. It lasted and lasted too --- I applied it over unscented moisturizer.

At first the amber dominates. It is sweet and a little smokey too. Possibly this is the acrid scent some get but I really like it on me. After a few hours the honey comes to the fore and it is almost floral in the way good honey can be. The vanilla just sits in the background the whole time, tying everything together.

My only question now is 5ml or 10.

Thank you Beth! :D

Edited by urraca

I thought this smelled like food on me. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I let my ex smell it on my wrist and he immediately turned his back on my quickly and said it was nice.

I told him some people on the boards said it smelled like sex.

He turned around and said, "I don't know if it smells like sex, but I got an erection as soon as I smelled it"

and thats why he turned his back on me.

He spent the rest of the night trying to sniff me.

In the imp: Hmm. Musky, with a hint of sweetness flying around.

Wet: Strong honey smell, with lots of vanilla cavorting behind it. Not too sure if I enjoy smelling like I rolled in my grandmother's baklava.

Dry: The foody smell has died down, and I guess the amber is coming out now. It's a warm scent, very unlike what I normally wear. I don't quite get the smell of sex, like some others down, but it's a very intimate scent. You have to get close to smell it. And boy, does it last. I can still smell it strongly and I put it on at least six hours ago. My skin normally eats scent but O is staying alive.

By the way, I may not smell sex, but my fiance says smelling this makes him think of the quickest way to get into bed. So while I'm not going to buy a 5ml, I think I'll keep the imp around to use when I really need it. :P

First wiff: Wow, dirty honey if there ever was such a thing. I am not sure I like this...

Wet on: Honey and an "off" note that I am not sure I entirely like. I cannot get rid of the thought of having swiped vaginal juices on my wrist which is way too overtly sexual for me to wear :P . So, this must be the sex note that others have referred to.

Dry down: The vanilla is peeking out now and mingles with the honey, I like it better now although the initial impact has left me feeling a bit meh.

Overall: Sorry O, but you are just too obsessed with sex, take a cold shower will you? :D . I could never wear this scent in public either, it is way too intimidating for me.

In the bottle: Super sweet syrup of Honey and Sweet.

On wet: Amber and a super almost sickly sweet scent its a bit heavy so it is almost hard to reconize but assume its a honey scent.

Dry Down: Now I get the Amber and The Vanilla but sadly I am starting to almost get that fakey Vanilla scent though thank goodness its not turning totalyl bad on me (most vanillas go PlayDoh on me).

Overall: Sweet very fem. sexy scent. This is not a candy scent but a sweet sex kitten scent. I think a sweet 50's girl in her agoura pink sweater and full petticoated skirt and she is so ready once you get to the Drive-In to let you quickly go to first (possibly 3rd) base but when she gets out of the car everyone still thinks shes a good girl.

Honey, dripping from the comb.

After a while, the vanilla shyly peeks out, but the sexiness of the honey is dominant.

Deeee-licious! :P

O is _the_ ultimate sexy scent. It's like honey and smooth creamy coconut cream drizzled with sweet amber syrup. Somehow the vanilla comes across as coconut to me. This is warm, sweet, intoxicating and incredibly aphrodesiacal. It has incredible throw that emanates from me like honeyed steam infused with pheromones. And let me not forget to mention that this smells like s-e-x. I love it so much, but it makes me a little self-conscious when I wear it in public because I feel like I'm naked and everyone can see my intimate soul. I think wearing "O" can cause others to mistakenly assume that I've just had, you guessed it, sex. s070.gif

In the Bottle: mmmmm.. it smells like thick, dark honey. There's also the twinge of amber in the smell.. but its just enough to tone down the honey scent to a tolerable level. Its so sweet it makes my mouth water and my head feel dizzy.. but I have got to smear this on my skin.

On my skin: wet, it reminds me of those thick pieces of honeycomb that you get at farmers markets and have to suck the honey out of them. I want to lick my arm.. its that good. As it dries down I get a little bit of a sweet cherry scent, but that honey is still going strong. I'm also getting a warm amber note that is really great- amber and my body chemistry get along very well. I love this scent.. it makes me very, uh.. hungry. I can totally see the sexual side of the scent- its so warm and intoxicating. This scent as a really good throw to it.. I can smell this scent on my wrists as I'm typing, and it smells divine.

In General: I got this as a frimp with my first order of imps, and I LOVE it. I think that O is in the same scent family ( sexy sticky honey smells) family as Blood Kiss.. so, if you like one, you'll like the other. As for me, I'm buying a 5ml of this so that I can roll in it. Ooooooh yeah.

First Impression: Milk and honey.

Dries down to: Honey with a touch of vanilla peeking through; then, the vanilla intensifies and the honey tones down. I'm surprised by how much I like it.

Additional Comments: I can't actually pick up the amber note but I'm sure it's what's making the honey tolerable on me. It's a very sensuous, vanilla honey and I'll probably use it for layering, rather than for straight applications. In fact, I'm going to read up on suggestions on how to do just that.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

In bottle: Amber and vanilla. There are slight hints of honey, but they are weak and in the deepest background.

On me: On my skin it's a bit powdery. It's definitely a "second-skin" scent; one that you wear and it slips by unnoticed while managing to be quite gorgeous. The honey is stronger now, and a bit floral; it blends with the amber and the vanilla beautifully to slip away under your skin, becoming one with the wearer rather than being worn on top of the skin.

This oil is so firmly one of the favorites, it feels silly to even review, but what the hell. We're all special, unique snowflakes, right? :D

In the bottle:

I've been so anticipating this, and now that I smell it, it's .... kind of sour and stale smelling. I'm not sure about this, so I've tried my other swap imps first, warding off disappointment. So many heartbreaks already...

Wet:

Oh, all right, it's sweet now. And honey. And a little spicy. And ... wow.

Drydown:

I am going into absolute ecstasies as this dries on. I didn't know what amber smelled like before, but now that I've got a hit of that spicy, golden scent I'm tracking down every blend that's got it. I knew I loved honey (Tiger Lily has been my only unqualified catalogue success), but this is so so yummy. The honey in Tiger Lily is sweet and girly, but THIS is just spicy, sweet, honey-sex. And the vanilla just ties it all together, taking it another step towards that mouth-watering sweetness.

And I'm SO relieved this has a lot of throw and staying power. It keeps getting better and richer. The spice is heavy on my wrists, but down my cleavage it's pure juicy honey.

And ... um ... the reports were correct. My husband came home, I said "Smell me!" and the rest is a blur. :P

Hmmmm.

So when I got my swaps in the mail today the first thing I opened up to try was O. Boy was coming over anyway, and I thought I'd test. :P

In the bottle: I went through three distinct thoughts. 1. Woah, sweet sugared vanilla! 2. Oh my god. This DOES smell exactly like sex!! 3. Wow that's a lot of honey.

Wet, it was really sweet honey. That was all I could smell.

As it dried down, it started getting richer. Really sweet. It almost made me uncomfortable bewcause it still had the sweet sex smell, but not in the same way. Vanilla beans drenched in honey.

When the boy showed up, he proclaimed I smelled good. I proferred my wrist and he said that was what he smelled. A few minutes later... he said it smelled like baby powder.

Bah!

So I have amber vanilla baby powder. This isn't a BAD thing, but it's not quite what I'm looking for! I still like the way it smells, but this might be a bit too much one-note for me.

However, my period started today too, so I'll test it again when my hormones slide a bit more into whack and we'll see what happens then.

ETA: I tried this again a few days later and it's still too much honey and sex for me. I like sweet scents, but I'm not sure I want to smell THIS much like honey, which seems to have amped up powerfully on my skin. Ah well. This is coming in my first order, so I guess it'll go straight to swaps. The imp I have... hm. Maybe layered as someone else was pondering, but I'm not sure with what.

Edited by Xiabelle

I love this scent. It's milk, honey, vanilla and sex all wrapped into one. When I wear it, I feel like a Goddess (very kitten with a whip).

My imp is almost completely out. I'm definately going to have to get a 5ml of this. Rawr.

I wanted to love this, but on me it wasn't sexy really - it smelled like breathing powdered sugar dust. Perhaps I'll have to try it again sometime.

Wet: Warm, sweet, and golden thick. Honey and vanilla come through, with a bit of sweetness. I really hope this one doesn't go weird on me. Nummy.

1 Hour: Still nummy. I've been getting wafts of honey as I sit here. Nose to wrist, there is this thick yummy food-sweet smell, with an occasional hint of golden spice. Stay true, please!

2 Hours: A bit of spicyness sneaking through the honey now and again. Love it.

6 Hours: Still hanging in there as a faint sweetness. Time to reapply.

Verdict: Bottle it and take it home!

I don't think this should be called O. I think it should be called "Mmm." I really, really like it.

I'm not getting the overpowering sense of SEX that some other reviewers get from this scent. To me, it's definitely sensual, but not overtly sexual. It doesn't make me want to pounce unsuspecting persons and have my way with them. . .but maybe sidle up close to someone and smile suggestively.

In the imp, I smell honey and something sharp and unpleasant, and I am worried. Once on my skin, however, the sharpness disappears and I am left with pure, sweet honey. After it dries, it goes a little powdery, but not gross-old-lady powdery. . .it smells like Kama Sutra Honey Dust! Yay! I love that stuff but it's kind of expensive and the scent fades within minutes. After a few hours, O's amber makes itself known and blends beautifully with the honey, and this gorgeous ambered honey stage lasted for hours (in fact, until I showered it away before bed).

The weird thing? I get no vanilla from this. Not in the imp, not wet, not dry. None at all. My skin usually turns lesser vanillas to play-doh and amplifies good vanillas (my skin is a vanilla snob, apparently), but O's vanilla it just. . .ate. Just as well, though. I can't imagine anything smelling better than ambered honey.

Ok, I got this in a swap, and it was a decant......and I am sitting here thinking that this might be the reason why I smell NOTHING AT ALL in this vial! I put it one, and again, a very faint whiff of something and then poof! it's gone. WTH? I will have to get a fresher imp and try this one again!!!

I bought this imp with several imps in a set on Ebay. Glad I bought it since I usually don't buy scents with honey, but O helped me recosider.

In the imp I smelled honeysuckle in the foreground & lilly of the valley in the background - all like a Fresh rosebush, floral sweet but not foody.

On my skin all the florals moved to the background & became powdery, round and slightly wooden. In the front the honey stayed, but smelled more like lit beeswax candles - warm & comforting.

The dryout became the smell of honeydust - overall quite sexy. This would make a great massage oil and I know a few kinky but loving couples who would love this!

--Kasee

I got this from a swap, and boy am I happy I did! This is definitely going on the bottle list. It's love at first sniff!

In the imp I smell a strong, almost floral vanilla. Not like vanilla extract from the bottle, but the stronger almost sharp smell of vanilla beans when you split them and scrape out the caviar. It's a delicious, mouthwatering smell to me, not so much sexy as warm, round, and foody.

On my skin the vanilla smell is still there, underlaid by something like clean but damp skin. This a very faint impresion, if I sniff too hard I can't catch it anymore. If I take a deep sniff I can smell the honey there.

As it dries the vanilla is still there, but the honey turns soft and powdery, but not baby powdery, and I get a hint of very light floral. The skin smell still there, but like the honey, it's dried off and cooled down a tad. I'd still describe it as a warm, round smell, but now it's definitely closer to the skin and not food like at all.

I can't say that this is an outrageously sexy scent, but it's definitely a cuddle close and snuggle scent. For some reason (the skin smell maybe?), it makes me think of putting my face in my man's neck. That's enough for me to want to wear it often.

At first, I really, really disliked this. It was all vanilla on me, and as usual, it was sickly sweet headache-inducing vanilla. But as it dried down, it got nicer and nicer, until it became a nice honeyed amber scent. Undecided as to whether I will get a bottle or not, but it's not the disaster I thought it was going to be. If only I got the scent that I get upon dry-down when wet.

i guess my idea of sex/sexy is different than most people's, as i don't really find O to be an overwhelmingly sexy scent. it smells like honey poured on a bale of hay, at least on my skin. the vanilla is nice, but i don't like the taste of honey, and i guess i don't like the smell of it either.

it seems more innocent to me. not sexy. but maybe i am missing something. :P

Edited by theseagrows

I couldn't figure out what this smelled like while it was wet, while it dried, or after the scent morphed a bit. And after reading the description and previous reviews, I'm still a bit befuddled. I can definitely smell some honey, possibly tempered by vanilla, but I'm not smelling the amber (which I was really looking forward to)-- I associate amber with a warm smell, but what I'm smelling smells almost green, if that's possible, and I don't know what it could be (I don't associate the smell of sex with green, do you?).

After having my husband sniff, he looked puzzled and sniffed a few times, then announced: "Baby powder, that's what it smells like." And he looked very proud of himself. This was interesting to try, but I'm not going to buy a big bottle of it.

In the vial: Sweet and musky, with a hint of tang that smells very wet. I can recognize a bit of honey and a bit of vanilla. There's also something else in there that I can't for the life of me decipher... something I can catch if I breathe very deeply, something sparkling and possibly floral, and it gives me a bit of an ache in my stomach.

Wet: Pretty much the same as in the vial. I'm not smelling that pure sex scent that O gets raves for, nor am I smelling any of the sweat it's sometimes compared to.

Dry: It's turned powdery, and much sweeter though not in a foody way. It reminds me of my Grandmother, and since this is supposed to be pure sex in a bottle, that's not a very good sign.

An hour later: It's Play-Doh that a kid has coated in sugar before trying to eat it. No sex, no sweat, no amber, no honey, and the tiniest bit of rancid vanilla. What on earth is wrong with my body that it turns a scent that is mindnumbingly delicious on everyone else into rotten Play-Doh for me? This just isn't fair.

Overall: I'm going to wait a week and test it again; I have a cold so that could be throwing my PH off, and maybe next week it'll turn into liquid sex for me. One can only hope! If not, into the swap pile this goes.

I was so looking forward to this one, given all the reviews. But..........

From the vial it had a tang, strange smell to me, couldn't put my finger on it,

after applying it, and letting it dry, it was very powdery and old lady-ish on me. couldn't figure it out, but it smelled like an old relative on me, and My husband said it burned his nose, and didn't like it at all. This one becomes a giveaway. I didn't smell any amber or vanilla at any point in this scent, not like I do with the snake oil.