Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

MMMM! Honey ambered goodness.. to me this is a very sharp scent that becomes more subtle and sexy as it wears on.. I adore "O" .. the b/f however is not as captivated by it .. which after reading the reviews I was hoping for a more favoriable reaction .. all he smells is a sweet plastic smell??? I have worn it to work and I get alot of compliments from the other males I encounter .. go figure ?? Oh well .. I'll have to keep "O" for my personal momments.

This is an incredibly strong and potent scent. It's sweet vanilla with tangy sharpness. The instant I smelled it I agreed that it truly is the scent of sex, defiled vanilla. But the throw is so powerful that it's a little too much to take for a mild-scent wearer like myself.

There is absolutely nothing subtle about this scent. Like Snake Oil, it made my husband cough and my throat close up, but there's so much to like about it. I've kept it around for a while hoping that I might layer it with something, or find some use for it. But it's just too damn strong.

In the bottle: It smells like a creamier version of "La Petite Mort" - slightly powdery and honeyed skin.

Wet: Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla, and I think the smell of skin.

Drydown: Oh wow! It goes into a wonderfully soft, sweet vanilla and honey mix! It's an extremely simple yet sensual scent, with that slightly powdery skin scent hiding just beneath it. It's sticky and creamy, like honey-covered skin.

Overall: Delicious. You don't need much complexity to get a really stunning, erotic effect out of a blend (as proved previously by Whip). This is certainly a scent that smells both innocent and very wicked, depending on how you look at it. The skin scent drives me crazy and the sweetness covers it very well so that you only realise it's naughty when you're sniffing it up close. Mmmh!

Imp: The gummy syrupiness of amber, wrapped in a warm, dark, satin robe.

It is interesting, but sooo not me. I don't think I will try it on.

O is super sweet on me- I feel like I might get a cavity just from wearing it. It doesn't smell like sex to me (unless it's sex with a gummy bear or something...)

In the bottle, the first thing I smell is a blast of warm honey - sticky, sweet, absolutely and delightfully playful and delicious. Followed closely by the slightly heavier sweet scent of amber, which deepens and thickens the honey so it's more like bee-made tar than honey now. The vanilla's there but it's artificial smelling, like those vanilla wafer cookies you can get at the store. (the ones so sweet that considering buy a package gives you cavities) Once on, all I can smell is the vanilla-amber. It's not either one alone, it's both together. It's sugar sweet and thick and heavy. This isn't how I would describe the smell of sex; yes, it' thick and heavy and overwhelmingly in charge, but it's not the feral-primal lusty scent I was expecting. As it warms up the honey comes back out, helping to soften the scent slightly but it just gets sweeter. It's cloying but has throw at the same time. The closer you get, the thicker the honey and amber is, the hard to pull away again. Like a whirlpool of sweet sticky candy syrup. It cools down again almost immediately, the honey letting go of a good amount of the sweetness. It's still sweet, just not overwhelmingly, dizzyingly, sickeningly sweet now. The vanilla has an odd effect in this one that I can't quite put any other way than "tainting" the scent. It drags it down and makes it dirty. The amber and honey were pristine, a golden sweet, sun kissed smell but the vanilla walks all over them, tracking it's funky addition like muddy footprints. It's sticky and over-sweet, like amateur candy - it's a vanilla honey taffy poured over my skin.

Oh I don't like this, it's too foody. Too sweet and perky and happily oblivious of it's own overly powerful drive to take over. No, definitely not the scent I was expecting - not the scent I was hoping for. I got this with doubts, due to the description, but everyone else has loved it. I should have known it wouldn't work for me.

Chocolate??? :D

Me and DH must be nutsoid or something. I smell cocoa in O and he smells vanilla in Bliss. o_O

This is a wonderful blend... amber is still baby powder on me, but that's okay because I'm kinda likin' the babypowder/honey mixture.

I still swear I'm getting chocolate instead of the vanilla that's supposed to be there. :P

Vanilla sweetened leather. There is something else I can't quite make out. A foody scent similar to honey butter but not that strong. O's sexiness sneaks up on me the longer I wear it. Lovely!!

In Bottle: Oh, yum! The honey and vanilla are just decadent!

On Application: Smooth, sweet vanilla. The honey smells like something fresh off a honeycomb. No amber is coming out yet, just sweetened vanilla.

On Drydown: Oh, my. This has turned out just lovely. I had my doubts. I was so afraid the honey was going to turn to powder on me, but it didn't. I was also worried it was going to be too sweet, but the amber has prevented it from turning sickly sweet. It smells rich and golden, with just a touch of the vanilla lingering. This is very warm and sensual.

Comments: Doesn't it figure I'd like something called 'O'? I didn't think this was something I was going to like when I smelled it in the bottle. It's turned so delicious on my skin. I need more of this.

Final Verdict: 5ml. Mine.

Bottle: honey, fresh sweet honey. and some vanilla bringing up the rear.

Wet: still all honey and vanilla, the honey a bit sharper.

Dry: I can barely detect the amber behind the tricksy things my skin chemistry is doing to the honey. sticky-sweet and bitter at the same time - how I can do this I can't imagine, but there it is again.

Later: O! how I wanted to love you; you that are so beloved of others!

Oooooo.....I Love O! :P

This was actually the scent that made me interested in bpal. My friend told me about it, and let me sample her imp, and I sniffed my wrist all day. I don't know why it has taken me so long to order a 5ml, but I'm so glad I finally did!

In the bottle: Honey!

Wet: Ok, this is weird, but there was kind of a mildewy smell underneath all that honey goodness. I don't know if it is because I had black cat on that morning and it was a reaction between the two...but thankfully, as soon as it dried, the mildew was gone.

Dry: Omg, I love how this smells. It is the most perfect honey scent ever. With vanilla and amber. Joy!

While I love poking around this forum and reading all the beautiful anecdotes, I always thought myself too shy to post... :P

...until I dabbed myself with O.

I just had to add one more vote for *yes yes yes*

This is - by far - the flat-out sexiest fragrance I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. It's warm, lush, enveloping, comforting yet empowering - and a bit mysterious, too.

I hope to never be without this! Yummy...

Imp: Warm melty honey.

Wet: Definitely honey but with an almost cinnamon undernote?

Drydown: Oh, there's the amber to round it out. Warm and golden and hard to ignore (she said, nose glued to wrist).

1 hour: I'm not sure if there's something in here to which I'm sensitive. My wrists are a bit prickly under the oil, though it's not a wash-off-immediately reaction. The honey and amber are almost completely blended; there's an edge of something just almost powdery or deodorant-stick, but it backs off just before hitting that point. Definitely sexy, definitely a second-skin scent.

3 hours: Just warm and sensual. It projects as musky without having a musk note, if that makes sense. Everything that's been said about O's sensuality is true on me. Mmmm.

ETA: 12 hours later, still noticeable - smells good *and* lasts. No wonder everyone loves O so much!

Verdict: Keeper, and probably a big bottle at some point, but I need to try it a few more times and see if the sensitivity returns (I hope it's not the amber - I *like* amber!).

Edited by Catrinella

In the vial: Super sweet. I smell honey and a splash of vanilla.

On me: Still extremely sweet. Slightly boozy. Definitely lots of honey and vanilla, which amps up a lot on my skin. The amber warms it nicely. A very, very sexy blend.

Verdict: Gorgeous. I'd like a bottle of this.

Rating: 5/5

So far, I've been very frustrated with the way scents I adore in the bottle dry on my skin... but O actually managed to smell better on than in the bottle. It's definitely feminine and pretty, but there's a touch of sex there that's difficult to define or pinpoint. When it dried, it reminded me of sweat. Clean sweat from someone you're intensely attracted to. O is pheremones in a bottle! It's gorgeous and sexy and intimate and girly and, wow, I love it. I will definitely be buying a 10ml bottle of O.

I wanted so very much to love this one. :D

The reviews sound so yummy but the imp I got smells like moldy cheese. :D

I even made my brother try it on to see if it was just my skin, which has been known to do strange things to scents. He said it didn't smell like moldy cheese to him but it was such a sickly cloying sweet musk on him that it made him nauseous. My mother said it smelled like an unwashed body that had tried to cover it up with too much vanilla. I've tried it several times now to make sure (I keep hoping!) but alas, no luck. Surely there's something wrong with the imp for all three of us to be so utterly repulsed by poor O. I may try ordering a new imp sometime just to see.

I go cry now. :P

O - Sweet and synthetic, powdery, cloying and nauseating. I don't understand the hype about this scent. This doesn't smell like honey, amber or vanilla. It smells cheap and processed and 100% artifical. I couldn't wait to wash it off my arm -- but I kept it on just in case it changed, as many BPAL oils do with time. But it didn't. It's pure ickiness and definitely in my "Worst 10 BPAL Oils" list. Gross.

In bottle: Typical honey smell. Sharp. Undertone of dirty diaper. ew. I find honey has a scent to it of almost bile. I really don't like the scent of clover honey at all because of it. It's very evident in this blend.

Wet: Diaper still there. Honey less evident. The sharp scent is present, but not as overpowering.

Dry, about an hour later. Sharpness is gone. Diaper has disappeared. Now it just smells like mild honey without that bile scent (thankfully) and vanilla, kind of creamy powdery, with amber softening it up. It's nice, but not something I'll wear.

At first this smelled like baby powder on me, but after a while turned into a lovely musky/powdery scent with a little bit of vanilla. After trying this a few more times, I've concluded that the scent is just not for me. The vanilla is nice, but the powdery smell just isn't great.

rating: 2/5

Ahh, my first BPAL oil!

When I first opened the bottle, the scent of musky amber was very strong and overwhelming, so much so that after I closed it, I started sneezing. This saddened me, a sI had pretty high hopes for O (and BPAL in general).

However, two days later, I was brave enough to dab some on, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not make me sneeze, and was actually quite nice on. Not straight musky amber, either! It was nice and sweet, and I thought I could detect the honey and vanilla, although I could've just been telling myself that. While it isn't THE perfume to end all perfumes, I liked it and would wear it again.

Also, it lasted (although somewhat faintly) from about 3 in the afternoon 'til after 10. Not bad!

Edited by DangerInRed

In the bottle: Honey and a somewhat fake vanilla smell. Not the kind of vanilla I'm used to at all! Very sugary.

Wet: Very sweet. I can smell the vanilla and honey. I can more feel the amber than smell it. But it feels like there's another sweet note in there that I simply can't identify. Is there maybe some almond in this? Cause I get an almond note...but my nose is usually way off anyway.

Dry: The best way I can think of to describe this scent is to say that I smell like a sugar cookie.

Needles to say it's a very yummy scent but I'm torn as whether I personally want to smell like that. I think I'll have to keep the imp and try it at least once more before I decide.

In the imp, I smell sweet, clear honey.

On the skin, wet it smells very sweet, a sweet tooth-rottingly sweet honey. I’m also smelling a bit of vanilla. Wow, this is not half bad!

This was among the first batch of imps that I ever ordered. When I first got it, this was among the first oils that I tried. I was excited and eager to try it based on the rave reviews. I was so disappointed when I just couldn’t stand it. It smelled way too sweet and cloying. Beyond that, it just didn’t smell good. It convinced me that honey was a very bad note. I’ve tried this one a number of times since that first initial disappointment. Each time, I wasn’t impressed and it further confirmed to me that honey and I do not get along.

I don’t know what’s different this time. Now, instead of being too sweet, it’s just sweet. It’s no longer cloying. It’s more of a skin scent, warm, sweet, yummy. I can see that this would be delicious to find in the nape of someone’s neck. I don’t know that it smells like sex but it certainly smells like the prelude to sex.

I’ve always liked the idea of this scent (how could I not!?!) so I am glad that I can finally wear it.

I love O, instant infatuation. :P

Imp: Amber-ish HONEY!

On me: Soft, warm, honey and vanilla. Amber is in their somewhere in the background, but more honey and vanilla to my nose.

I love love love it on myself... but the bf doesn't care for it as much. He says it smells sour...what?? Boooo!

Oh my! When I first opened the bottle I smelled vanilla and something musky and feral, so I slathered away and was transported to a land of bliss. Coincidently bliss smells like amber, vanilla and honey.

10/10 Well done beth!

Another frimp--I was dying to try this based on the reviews and the description!

In the bottle, all I got was sweet-strong. Wet on skin = commerical bathroom freshener (the kind used in big rest stop bathrooms). Good Lord, THIS is the big deal?

That oversweet topnote faded rapidly, and the honey with a bite/note of sharp (I guess the amber) developed into a lucious, more honey than vanilla (but still a touch of vanilla) rounded scent. Very relaxing...then the skin/sex scent showed up. Still relaxing, but in a drowsy, *been making love and too tired to move* kind of way. The amber really keeps the power of the honey restrained and under control.

A little foodie; I posted somewhere about if this scent were turned into a solid, I'd want to slather it on home-baked toast. I keep sniffing to reaffirm that this is really -THAT- good. This is a big bottle and a bedtime scent for me!