Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

Maybe it's because I'm mama to a young child, but to me, honey doesn't scream "Take me" it whispers "Please fetch me that Winnie the Pooh book." I find O to be very pleasant and enjoyable, but I guess my expectations were too high from reading so many swoony reviews. To my nose, it's a warm, soothing, very sweet honey and vanilla blend.

My husband, on the other hand, practically pounced on me the night I wore it to bed as an experiment. Patient man that he is with my newfound hobby, he wasn't even pissed when he found out he'd been a guinea pig.

O

The first time I wore this I was not sure. Now that I have become more knowledgeable about certain notes and my body, I know why. It could have been the wrong time of the month when scents get wacky. Or it could have been the amber, which is unpredictable on me. But I wore this yesterday and I loved it!! I now recognize the honey note, which for me was an acquired taste that I am liking more and more! Especially now in O. Who knew that honey would have a haunting, sultry muskiness that I never get from musk?

This scent is sultry, sexy sweet, almost lick-able, yet not foody. A get close and nuzzle me scent. How appropriate for O! Will be wearing more of this in the future.

Tested thanks to the GC swap quikslvr arranged!

O was on my original wish list of scents when I first discovered BPAL. It was worth the wait. From bottle to skin, this is absolute sex in liquid form. It is musky and sweet and has a hint of innocence defiled... or maybe it's just my view of the scent. It is also very potent on my skin. My skin amps everything good about O, and it's almost overwhelming. I'm with the rave reviewers on this one. It did not disappoint on me. I'm on the lookout for another imp before I decide to buy a bottle.

I love O, but I personally don't get the "sex in a bottle" descriptions that so many of you seem to be giving. To me, it smells very sweet and innocent, perhaps because amber turns a bit powdery on me. It also doesn't have a ton of throw, but it does last well and would be a great scent for any number of occasions, as I don't think it would offend anyone. It actually reminds me of a slightly less complex version of Et Lux Fuit, with which it shares several notes. It's just as lovely though, and it isn't LE, so yay for that! :P So it wasn't quite what I expected, but I still adore it and will be snagging a 10ml before they go bye-bye.

I love all of the notes in O.Put them all together and somehow they are sickly sweet!I don't like this at all and I'm really sad about that.Once applied,it lasts a long,long time.I tested it early evening and it was still around the next morning!Why can't someting I adore last that long?

I think I'm going to cry, where's that cry icon....oh here it is --> :P <-- that's me right now. Crying :D

Anyhow, this came HIGHLY recommended by the person who introduced me to the whole BPAL universe so I ordered it like crazy, unsmelled. I just got my 5ml bottle today and have 2 imps on the way. Guess what. I hate it :D See, more crying.

That'll teach me to overbuy something without smelling it first.

In the bottle it smells like sweaty gym socks. On me it smells like a combination of sweat and body odor. Musty. I think it's the honey that hates me...I forgot what else I tried that had honey in it and I had a similar response. Or maybe its the amber. It cant be the vanilla because I LOVE vanilla.

Eh...off to the swap pile I guess :D

MMMMMM....this is the scent I wear when I go to the gym, not sure why I felt it necessary, but it is the best scent for the gym for sure!

O sweet honey! :P

That's pretty much it.......sweet honey with a little vanilla.....I don't get much amber though, but that's okay, I love this!

eta: After a couple hours the amber decides to blend in with the rest of the notes *yay*! It's heavenly.....

Edited by gaai

Very, very vanilla. And just a touch of honey. I'm not sure what I think of this, but I think it will layer nicely.

Ah, the very first BPAL I ever tried.

O smelled of sexy honey in the imp but turned to baby powder the very instant it touched my skin. Long lasting baby powder. With great throw. Disappointed but still optimistic, I scrubbed off O and applied Scherezade. Apparently, I did not do a good job getting rid of O, because every time Scherezade tried to establish herself, O jumped out of nowhere and hit her over the head with a powder puff.

Aging didn't help at all. Aged, O became a sexy skin-smell...for all of three minutes before turning into baby powder again, the uncooperative little bint.

I ask you, is that any way for a submissive to behave?

I was very disappointed when I put this one on. At first all I got was a cloying, sickly sweetness with a hint of sweat in the background. But as it dried, I liked it more and more and now I love it! It's definitely amber, honey, and vanilla, but the cloying sweetness of the wet oil has vanished. Really nice! :P

It might smell like sex, I wouldn't know. :D

O, on me, is a SAM (smart ass masochist). It refuses to lay down and be sweet and sexy and compliant. Instead O insists on being blatant baby powder which is about as unsexy a scent as I think of. And to top it off it amps in a big way and lasts for a looonnnggg time. Bad, bad Imp -- have you never read The Story of O?

*whimper*

My imp of O got beheaded, so I figured, why not try it and save the bit of oil that was on the wand?

I found out why not. Nearly the instant I put it on, it went powdery. I blame the amber, I think. I'm unsure whether it will get annoying or not, but it's definitely not sexy or defiled. :P

Will edit when it's aged on my skin.

ADDED August 27:

O and I are a bad match. I'll be finding someone to enable with this. Unfortunately, everyone I've tried it on so far has not liked it.

Edited 10/14/2008: O does not work on me anymore. It smells overly, annoyingly sweet like Skuld.

I love BPAL's honeys, but I think the honey in O is different and stronger than the honey in two of my favorites, Eos and Tiger Lily.

Edited by Clementine

In the imp: This smells *exactly* like honey dust.

Wet: Honey dust, chokingly so. This is *extremely* strong!

Dry: The amber comes out a bit more, but it's still extremely sweet.

This was too strong for my preferences, unfortunately.

O. Oh my. :D This doesn't smell like sex, but is very, very sexual. Warm and sweet with resiny spice from the amber, I can't wear this without getting distracted in a very specific way. :P A little goes a long way and too much is overwhelming, but a dab here and there is so very very good.

In the bottle: soft and sweet, I'm getting the honey from this more than the vanilla.

Initial application: oooh! Very nice! Not "smell of sex" nice, but this is a warm, romantic scent that makes me want to snuggle down in bed, perfect for the weather as I write this (unseasonably cool and rainy).

Drydown: it's fading fast, alas, but I'm still getting more honey than vanilla from this. It's truly my idea of what a "skin scent" should be, it actually smells like clean skin. There's very little throw, but this is something you only want very special friends to smell anyway.

Quite lovely. The quick fade makes me a bit apprehensive about wanting to buy a 5ml, but I can see why it's a popular scent.

I love vanilla and honey, but they usually need to be balanced with something non-foody or it gets too sweet for me. O manages to *just* sneak out of the foody category (yay!) with a touch of smooth, warm amber. I get more vanilla than honey, and this is a very pretty, innocent, comforting scent. I don't get the sexy vibe from this at all- I need darker elements for that. O has decent throw and staying power, and the scent composition doesn't change much from wet to dry. All in all a nice scent, but I'm not sure if I will go for a bottle.

O! How I love thee. :D

This is everything I hoped it would be and more. I find it very similar to Snake Oil, but dare I say, I like it even more! Vanilla, amber and honey. Delicious. I'm definitely getting a bigger bottle of this. :P

I bet Aphrodite's hair smells just like O! :D

To think I almost didn't try this! I was so sure it would be too sweet for me, but its popularity intrigued me, and when I saw an imp up for sale on on the forum I thought, "What the hell," and snagged it.

So, so glad I did.

richsweetthickintensehoneyvanillaamberomg. This is one of my favorites and my introduction to BPAL's scrumptious honey. I love this scent, and I suspect I will love it even more come winter.

When I first smelled this in the bottle I wanted to eat it. It was warm and sticky sweet like sex in a bottle. Unfortunately as soon as it hit my skin, the powder bomb struck again. :P I gave it a long time to fade down and the powder faded a bit. After about an hour it was warmer with lots of honey. That powder still lingered in the background. I really wanted to love this because without that powder note it is beautiful. Unfortunately I make powder scream and that is my least favorite note. I am gonna try this again in a few days to see if maybe it will change a bit.

Update! I tried it again and I LOOOOOVE this!!!! OMG. This is perfection in a bottle. I am getting a couple of big bottles to have around. Too bad I didn't get in before the 10's were gone. This reminds me of a clean white musk dripping in honey and almonds. It has a (salty?) background that makes me think of kettle corn. Sweet yet salty and perfect. It is innocence with an edge and that is for me! The hubby liked it alot too and we never agree on anything. He is a hard core patchouli guy and thinks everything else is too perfumey. I am in love!

Edited by Punkylarue

Apparently amber smells like incense to me. But not a heavy one, like patchouli... more like the faint scent of a dozen kinds combined that you'll smell in a certain type of shop. (The sort of shop that also sells tapestries, flowy skirts, and candlesticks.) The amber provides a gorgeous base for the sweet warmth of vanilla - and I have to say, I'm consistently amazed by Beth's vanilla. It smells like the whiff of an open bottle of pure vanilla extract, not the fake too-sweet plasticky odor that passes for vanilla in a drugstore lotion. And the honey just amps everything up; grounded by the amber and balanced by the vanilla, it never goes powdery and just floats around for hours and hours. I think I need a bottle of this!

O is easily my favorite BPAL scent so far. I haven't smelled very many since I am fairly new, but when I smell wrists all day long, it tells me that this scent is a winner.

In the bottle O smells like vanilla and pipe tabacco with incense. Not a bad smell at all, but doesn't seem like something I'd want to smell like.

Wet is bubblegum honey and spice fading into cinnamon and vanilla.

But Ohhhhh drydown is the best! The food smells fade so that all I can make out are honey and musk. O's musk is not the same musk that I've smelled in scented deodorant or perfumes before, this musk is the oatmeal-cookie/baby smell that my very clean cat has that I have envied since I first got her. Have you ever smelled a really well-made fur coat? That is the smell.

To me O is definately a grown-up smell, but not so much sexual as warm and furry. Comforting. Confident. Luxury.

O was my first "OMG I can't WAIT to try that!" scent, so I think it should be my first review.

I had totally hyped myself up for O. It was going to be the BEST scent ever. I got my imp, and was...underwhelmed. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. Maybe for my mailman to grab me, pour honey and vanilla all over me and have wild, kinky, scare the neighbors sex on the front porch? What I got was a perfectly lovely scent.

So, a little disappointed in my mailman and his lack of lust, I applied a touch of O. At first, it was wonderful and warm. As soon as the oil dried, I got smacked in the face with Dirty Diaper. It was bad. So bad that I went to wash it off. Unfortunately, or fortunately? I got distracted(*shiny* oooh) on my way to the sink and forgot about O. Later in the day I kept getting a whiff of something warm and spicy and delicious . After a while I finally figured out that it was me! Well, O on me anyway.

So, while it wasn't the amazing scent I had it all worked up to be, and I know I have to go through Stinky Pampers stage, I like it. Not enough to order a 5ml, but enough to eventually order another imp.

Edited by Saffamer