Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

When I first applied this it was plasticky sweet--like cheap candy. I was skeptical. However, almost immediately it morphed into a cinnamon bubblegum scent that is actually quite pleasant and has much more depth than I initially anticipated. The only downside is that the scent fades very quickly.

I almost bought a bottle of this unsniffed because I was so sure I would love it. Good thing I got an imp instead!

IMP: cherry bubblegum :D

WET: cherry cough syrup. :)

DRY: the cherry note stays very medicinal, and the florals go powdery almost instantly. I smell like a sick child: cough syrup and baby powder. :P

Off to swaps. :D

ETA: I tried this on my 6 year old daughter, thinking it might be more bubble gummy on her, but it was instant cough syrup on her as well.

Edited by Catmint

Oh, boy.

Well, so I got this as a frimp along with a bottle of Milk Moon that I won on eBay (it actually smells good on me! no nasty formula smell! whee!) and thought I'd give it a try today. The second a drop of it hit my skin, I could tell that something wasn't right: in barely half a second, this pungent, overpowering odor wafted up to me and I started flailing. Bad perfume reaction! My first really bad experience with an oil was beginning.

The sickeningly sweet cheap-waxy bubblegum stench had made way for this odor that was like ... asphalt and PlayDoh, is the best description I can think of. Like, mainly that really cloying tar smell - it gets right up in your nose and kinda knocks you back. That's what happened here. My nose actually started getting physically irritated (rather than just offended by the smell) and I really wanted to reach up and rub my nose, but I just got my nostril pierced on Saturday, so I was left expressing my distate in a verbal way as I rushed to the bathroom. "Euweuweuw! Get it off, get it off!"

Taking another hesitant sniff of my wrist, I can tell that it's going to linger for a while, and it has morphed into something far less offensive now as it's drying, but my nose would never forgive me if I kept using it just to get to the fair-to-middlin' scent underneath the asphalt. Blecch. :P

Edited by Jainie

In the imp and wet on my skin, Jailbait is just bubblegum. Unfortunately, the naughty girl bit me so I have to send her away.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, this is exactly like Double Bubble bubble gum.

When it starts drying, a cinnamon note comes out along with the gum. Not unpleasant, just different.

Now, three hours later, it's a sweet floral that smells really nice. Reminiscent of mimosa.

This one is a keeper for me.

started off as a cavity-inducing sticky bubblegum. dried off as a slightly more pleasant cherry bubblegum. I smell the cinnamon later on.... it reminds me of that nasty cinnamon toothpaste.

I kinda want to wash my wrist now. Just not my thing. :P

goodbye, Jailbait.

Jailbait - Sin and Salvation

I wanted to like it so much when I put it on and then it stunk of anti-septic. Like horribly, eaugh get it off me, stunk. Now it’s calmer it’s all cherries and bubblegum. None of this heady womens perfume rubbish. I smell like cheap childrens sweets. But apparantly, only for two hours. After that, just a hint of sweetness. Then it’s all gone. Which allows for trying reviewing ANOTHER scent today...

Conclusion. SO SO good but why doesn’t it last for longer? And you have to be quite adamant that you want a sniff to get a smell from it. Not my friend, I don’t think. But yummy.

7/10. It’s yummy but I was wearability and durability.

In the imp bubblegum the hard pink kind from bazooka. On my wrist more of the same only somehow stronger. Maybe its the post Halloween sugar hangover but this is making me slightly nauseous. But I still like it, go figure. after an hour of cooking and puttering this morphed into a grown ups scent with maybe a little sex to the end note. I do like it though.

I absolutely loved Jailbait - not thinking I would at all. It is fresh and giggly. I did not get pink bubblegum from the imp, I got a string whiff of Juicy Fruit. And yes, it took me back 15 years or so.

Wet - Juicy Fruit

Drying - More scents popping out, some cherry, some citrus. Mouthwatering and yummy, but not really foody.

Dry - soft and sensual, light and airy like a first kiss.

I can understand why it is called Jailbait, since it is so sweet and seductive, but for me it mellows into a much more innocent and flirtatious smell.

Really, it reminded of what it feels like the first time you have a young crush - falling for a boy a few years older. He finally calls and you go on that first date. You kiss and you are walking on air.

This would be an INCREDIBLE summer smell on me - worth many bottles - if my skin did not just devour it. Within 20 minutes, it is just a whisper (much like one's first true love...lol)

This was my first ever imp from BPAL and I abseloutely adore it!!!! :P It reminds me of being young, as it should, and theres' just such an incredible "dirtiness" about it. Definetly innocence defiled!

WOW! This is a very strong bubblegum rounded out very lightly with the woman's perfume smell underneath. i don't notice the orange or cherry lolipops much.. but as it dries down it turns into a spicey sweet cinnamon candy over the bubblegum with something a bit darker underneath. last very well too. love it! I bought a bottle right away. I wear this a lot at work because it just makes me feel good.

I made a face as I dabbed Jailbait on the back of my hand. Repulsion. Imp dropped in swap envelope, pronto.

Cut to ten minutes later, when suddenly I catch the waft of a light and bubbly cinnamon candy with a hint of sweet fruit. Now I have to go to the swap envelope and dig the imp back out. This is too good to send away!

In the imp- cotton candy.

On skin, wet- real, old fashioned bubblegum- the kind I used to buy for .02 a piece as a kid. It’s accurate right down to the light powering of confectioner’s sugar they used to put on it to stop it from sticking to the wrap, and not a hint of the artificial sweeteners you find in nearly every brand nowadays.

Drydown: stays bubblegummy, but starts to head in the direction of a powdery grape/cherry scent (it seems to morph every time I smell it!).

Two hours later: ….and it’s gone. Damn. I really enjoyed it while it lasted, but staying power is one of my top requirements in making 5ml decisions. Maybe I’ll try it again in my scent locket to see if it lasts longer.

This one doesn't smell right on me. It smells like bubblegum right at first, and then it goes all weird. Okay, don't laugh, but it smells like a dentist's office. Your guess is as good as mine about why that is, but the very instant I get my nose close enough to my arm to smell this, I get a mental image of the dentist's office. Maybe it's because of that horrifying fruit-flavored stuff they make you swish? I don't know. But I do know I definitely can't wear this as perfume.

It smells much better in the imp than it smells on my skin, so I'm sure it's just my skin chemistry up to its usual dastardly misdeeds.

Well isn't this fun?

At first it's definately bubblegum. But to me it's a mixture of two. It has that cinamonny bubblegum smell together with the "Original" Hubba Bubba smell. The more candy smelling bubblegum.

I can only slightly detect the cherry lollipop part at this stage. And the Cinnamon bubblegum is holding the fort of the scent!

Ok...so after the cinnamon bubblegum backs off a bit it definately changes to a much frutier scent! This is the nicest stage of the drydown in my opinion. It's a very soft, sweet, mainly cherry smell, with some sort or flowers hiding behind it.

When it changes again...It switches to sweet cherry in the background with the flowers in front! I couldn't for the life of me tell you what the flowers are, I'm not THAT good. But all in all it's really pleasant and very true to the name. It's a young fun scent, which would be a nice gift for someone a bit younger...

Having said that...I might order a 5ml! Heeeeeeeeeeee!

Fruit and candy isn't really my thing, but I wanted to try this since it seems to be one of BPAL's more popular scents. Unfortunately I didn't bother to read the reviews before I ordered it, so I had no warning about the dreaded...cinnamon!

Freshly applied, this really is the exact smell of cherry and orange bubblegum. Very cute.

Within a minute or so it turns to more of a cinnamon/mint (wintergreen?) chewing gum scent. I could do without the mintiness but it still smells cute and bubbly and schoolgirl-ish. I'm really quite impressed with the authentic candy scent at this stage. But then my wrist starts turning red and burning and itching. That's what happens to me with oils that contain cinnamon or cassia, and I've decided not to persevere with scents that cause this reaction even though I often like the scent itself. I can ignore the mild burning, but it's not worth the damage it might be causing to my skin, especially since I need that skin for wearing perfume. :P

If Jailbait disappoints you for whatever reason, I recommend Bordello for another BPAL in the same girly/fruity/candy scent family. I think it smells better than Jailbait...and it doesn't burn (at least not on my skin).

In the imp this smelled exactly like cherry cough syrup to me, so it never made it to my hand. I'm intrigued that others get cinammon from it, though not enough to actually try it out myself...

imp: yep, bubblegum and lollipops. i'll be getting a few bottles of this one.

wet: sweet red cherry lollipops. i swear this smells so exactly like the real thing it's like someone is sitting right next to me sucking on one.

dry: cherry lollipops. i'm absolutely getting at least two bottles of this with my next order.

This is very medicinal on me.

I only smell the cheap pink bubblegum note.

No lovely lollipops or womanly perfume here. :P

I was a little worried about this one because of the "perfume," but the bubble gum intrigued me.

In the imp, it smells to me exactly as described - bubble gum, lollipops, and hints of darker notes of an adult's perfume. Once this hit my skin, it reminded me of fruity Hubba Bubba. As it dried, the bubble gum smell toned down quite a bit, but the darker notes didn't really come out, just the lollipop flavors. :P

I put it on about 3 hours ago and now, I can hardly smell anything. I loved the drying down smell, but it vanished so quickly. :D

I'll try it again, but unless it lasts longer next time, no bottle for me. Poo.

This was one of the first BPAL scents I tried and it made me laugh out loud. Literally. I couldn't shut up about it for the whole day. It just seemed too genius. Bubblegum! Heady floral perfume! I could smell both and they were perfectly balanced. Luckily a few more BPAL imps came in soon after because I think my boyfriend was getting sick of hearing me say how witty I thought this perfume was.

This is a blend that makes me :P.

In the imp, it's dead-on cheap pink bubblegum. I wouldn't have minded if it stayed that way forever but, as with most BPAL, things must change...

...on me, the bubblegum is joined by big red lollipops. This frolicks around dementedly in a cloud of smellweirdnice for a few minutes before the bubblegum subdues and the 'perfume' comes out to deepen the blend. I can't pick up any notes, but the distinct image of a little girl pilfering her mommy's special bottle with sticky fingers is what I get.

As it dries, it's back to bubblegum with the merest suggestion of lollipops. Orange this time. I think someone else mentioned this earlier but, as well as being very very sweet, there's a powdery quality to it. Confectioner's sugar.

Wearlength is below average; the throw recedes rapidly into my skin.

This is a fun (and funny!) blend - I thank the Lab most graciously for gifting it in my latest order - but I don't think I'd wear it too often. Keeping the imp, though!

*dementedly frolicks off*

Bottle: bubble-gum

Wet: Woo, the bubble-gum is very strong! I get the lollipop scent, but not necessarily orange or cherry lollipops, more in general. The bubblegum smells like bazooka to me, which my father chewed when I was a little kid.

Drydown: The womanly perfume has just started to come out now. This blend makes me smile also, it's just happy and fun!

3.0 outta 5