Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

OMG IT IS SASSAFRAS IN THIS ONE!!

I've tried every BPAL with sassafras available on the homepage, and I totally adore Tombstone and SSS.

I thought sassafras-bubblegum only were a Swedish thing, but it seems that I was wrong!

Of course it's alot of other stuff in this one, it's very CANDY, but I'm so happy for the sassafras ;__;

Oops. Should have checked the reviews first. I was in a bubblegum mood and couldn't find my imp of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo, so I reached for this frimp. It smelled promising, so I slathered. I do enjoy the scent, but my skin's turning red (from the cinnamon note?). That'll learn me, to slather so wantonly....

Smells like a mix of Pink bubblegum and eucalyptus with the latter taking over and asserting its presence. Can't wrap my head around this unusual combo.

Its a cute, unique scent but as an adult, Im not entirely comfortable smelling like pink bubblegum.

If it suits your style, then go for it. Its probably a perfect signature scent for someone - but its not for me.

In the Bottle – Bubblegum. Double Bubble hard-as-hell bubblegum that was at the bottom of the trick or treat bag when I was a kid. The smell when you finally got it soft, and your jaw ached, and it smelled and tasted so good for about five minutes.

Wet – Much more of the same, with that weird feel you get at the back of your throat and everything.

Dry – The sugar overload gradually fades out of this.

I don’t get any of the orange or cherry lollipops on this one, or the woman’s perfume, just straight bubblegum.

Fades quickly, and after a couple of hours, there’s just the faintest hint of bubblegum left on my skin…and finally, there’s the faint scent of a soft floral perfume behind it.

It’s very cool, and nostalgic, but not something I’d wear with any kind of regularity.

Wet: Pink bubblegum, artificial orange scent. Almost rubbery.

Dry: Still very much pink bubblegum, artificial and sugary candy scent. Get less bubblegum-y and more sugary an hour in.

Very sweet and not something Id wear to a formal event. Its not too heavy, as some candylike scent can go. It really is pink bubblegum, but on me not that much else.

Makes me think of: Pink bubblegum and candy. Summer days and sunwarm pavements.

Lasting: Just beyond 5 hours

In the imp: sharp bubblegum, like when you first unwrap a Hubba Bubba

Wet and Dry: the bubblegum brought some strange friends along when it met my skin--I smell spice and musk, competing right there along with the bubblegum. It's not a bad smell per se, but it's a weird combo to my nose and definitely not something I want to smell like. I got a second opinion and it's not just me; my skin is definitely amping some unlisted spicy musk note in this oil.

This will probably be the first scent to go to the swap side of my imp storage that I don't outright hate. It's just too weird for my taste.

Edited by BearyStrange

In the imp and wet: BUBBLEGUM! Not much orange candy, it's getting lost among all the bubblegum.

As it dries it becomes more complex with what smells like am undertone of cinnamon.

Sometimes it burns off really fast for me, other times it sticks around.

Definitely bottle-worthy.

Wet on my skin, Jailbait is pure bubblegum -- it evokes hard pink Double Bubble so thoroughly that it should come with a lame cartoon wrapper. Once it dries it's a little more complex, if you consider fruit hard candy and bubblegum more complex than bubblegum alone... I may not have left this on long enough to get to the womanly perfume, but the first two hours is so not me.

Ehhhh this didn't work on me at all. It starts with a blast of pink yummy bubblegum, reminds me of hating softball and all the preteen shy awkwardness that went with trying and failing to socialize with a bunch of spoiled pre-bimbos. No you twat, I'm not kissing your dirty shoes. I'm going to the snack stand and getting bubble tape! lol. Yep seriously this is such a realistic bubblegum it will invoke memories of youth, no joke.

On my skin Bubble Tape tonsil honkeys Big Red *hard*. Stop it y'all, it's getting to hot in here on my elbow. Just no. The duo give me this sour-puss look for the remainder of the afternoon, sulking. I knew I shouldn't have invited them over. They've now decided to play "Let's Get Sticky and Twisted" in my hair, so off they go, and I could swear one of them smoked a wet cigarette earlier and is desperately trying to cover it up with a "clean" smoke smell dispelling candle but dude I'm not buying it. Bunch of brats. And screw you Bubble Tape for laying Big Red on me and losing your innocence in such a based fashion in my elbow house! They did it on my elbow! In my hair! What's this world coming to? 

So sour smoky pink cinnamon bubble gum febreze screw you chemistry basically.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This is one of my favorite oils from BPAL: chalky pink bubblegum like Bazooka Joe, cherry syrup in the background, and the orange is there but a little hard to pick out among the strongness of the other two notes. 

Sadly this is discontinued, but I have worn Courtney from ParaNorman before trying this out and I would say they are very similar, first sniff from this imp was basically Courtney to me. So if you love this but are having a time finding it like I did, Courtney could be a good alternative! You would just be missing out on the orange and cherry notes, but in my case I believe this imp was aged so those notes were not as prominent as the bubblegum.

You know those little jugs of artificially flavored juice with the foil tops for kids? This is reminding me of those. It's a sugary orange and cherry fruit punch flavored drink, but there's a bit of sharp perfume in the background to remind you this isn't actually one of those drinks.

I am not a fan of bubblegum, but I'm glad that's not what this turned out to be on me! I'll be keeping my imp.