Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

In the bottle: Dubble Bubble and Ludens coughdrops.
On me: Still the bubble gum; the cherry quickly says goodbye. A little later I start to get "generic perfume smell" under the bubble gum, and sometimes the bubble gum leaves and all I have is sugar.
As I'm writing this, three and a half hours later, it's definitely bubble gum, with a little, a very little, spicy, musky perfume. It's grown on me.

Not for me, thanks! I opened the imp and told DH that I thought it was meant to go with a catholic schoolgirl outfit. "Not in MY fantasy," was the immediate reply. He characterized it as the odor of used schoolgirl panties bought from a vending machine in Tokyo. Too close to the scent of pedophelia for my taste, but might be good for those into cosplay.

Edited by Monster Alice

I am heartbroken---why did you give me a horrible skin reaction Jailbait?? WHHHHHYYYYYY???

I have been so excited to try this, and I just got a little imp. Smells so pretty in the vial, and wet on my skin I was loving the thick bubblegum note. Reminds me so much of my Lush SnowFairy shower gel (which I horde year round b/c they only sell it around the holidays). This was going to be my lovely bubblegum dream perfume.

But it only took 2 minutes on my skin and I got huge, raised welts on the spots I tried it on. The only other BPAL to cause a similar reaction is Enraged Groundhog Musk. Both of these share cherry as a note, so I think it might be that I am allergic to cherry.

I do think that this is a fantastic and very girly fragrance. So cute! I would have rocked this oil too! :P

I put this on my wishlist under the influence of the April Fool's unicorn skin. Oh, what blinky icons can do to a person.

Wet: This is bubblegum (Bazooka Joe to be precise). Nothing more, nothing less.

Dry: Except now that it reminds me of Las Vegas for some reason? Not seedy Vegas but...Harrah's? I really don't know why. I can't exactly identify what it is...smells sterile. Either this is the plastic scent people talk about or it's some sort of cleaning fluid.

I get the same effect on both lotioned and dry skin. I'll pass. I've got enough pleated mini-skirts to not need this.

Jailbait's description kind of scares me ...

In the imp, it's definitely pink bubblegum, not the purple or orange or green stuff. There is a hint of floral something in there too, I guess representative of the heady womanly perfume mentioned in the description?

Wet on skin ... eeeep ... hmm ... there's something vaguely medicinal (like the smell of clean bandages and things when you open up a first aid kit), lurking beneath the lollipops. Funnily enough, it doesn't smell at all like pink bubblegum on my skin.

Once dry, it's definitely pink but no longer bubblegum. It's headed over to the lollipop direction, although not necessarily orange or cherry, nothing in the way of florals anymore either. The clean bandages/first aid kit thing is still there though. Weird but true.

Despite the scary description, I actually don't hate this! It's not necessarily something I'd choose to wear though, because the first aid kit scent is kind of ... not what I'd choose to smell like, but I'm not wanting to scrub it off either...

Yesp, bubblegum. This smells to me a lot like anything pink Lush has ever done. it layers like nothing with Rock Star soap (vanilla) or with Snow Fairy (bubblegummy, with a hint of musk). It smells exactly like the lab's description says.

Even so, it's not overwhelming, as I would have thought of such a sweet scent. I prefer fruit-sweet or honey-sweet, but this would be lovely layered with a unsweetened floral.

Sniffing this straight from the vial, The first thing that came to mind was bright pink Big League Chew bubble gum that came in a pouch when I was a kid, or yes, Bazooka Joe perhaps...

When I first put this on, I detected some very sugared, playful fruity (and ever so slightly citrusy) notes come dancing in, making this much more complex and flirty... This lasted for quite while!

After the drydown, this mellowed out a little too much on me, and became more powdery floral than fruity... Still one to keep around for those playful days though...

in the vial: Trident bubblegum and orange slices

later: bubblegum and cinnamon

much later: only a cinnamon sweetness. Cinnamon always takes over on me. Almost always.

In the imp and on wet this is fantastic bazooka joe bubblegum!!! (sigh....love it!)

There IS an unfortunate 1/2 hour on dry down where the cinnamon/cardamom type essence comes out and gives me a bit of an allergic reaction, but then that fades and I'm left with a slightly sweet womany perfume. How I wish it stayed with the initial bubblegum!! I'll keep the imp, but daydream of a similiar scent that stays pure bubblegum....sigh.....

Ugh!

Cherry cough syrup and bubblegum. Too sticky, too juvenile.

And it gave me a skin irritation.

Oh, dear. Dear, dear, dear.

This is vending-machine bubblegum – you know, the kind where you plug in a quarter and get a zillion little skittles that you cram in your mouth all at once? And your mom yells at you for being gross because you totally start drooling all over the place? This is the combined flavor of all those kinds of gum. In a bottle.

I'm a-scared to put it on, actually!

It goes on in a bubblegum haze, with just a faint hint of perfume underneath it. I am utterly embarrassed by how sexy this is. I actually really like it even though (and be warned) that the smell is a com-pah-LETE-ly artificial one.

When the sweetness starts dying and the perfume comes out, it's a little less charming and a little more sophisticated. And with the perfume the cherry and cinnamon get their freak on. Now the sweet gets nasty!

This is so definitely a woman dressed up like a schoolgirl. Not a real schoolgirl, but a crazy-in-the-sack chick who's just pretending because it makes her feel naughty.

If you can't do candy, or sweet scents, stay far from it, but if you want to smell like . . . well . . . jailbait, then this is definitely for you.

imp : Spicy! If this is bubblegum then its Big Red or something similar.

wet : Still spicy Big Red, there's still defiantly a very sticky sweet smell of pure bubblegum in there so perhaps the spice is actually the cherry lollipops.

dry : The spice has finally mellowed out a bit and now the candy has come through to play with the bubblegum. I thought perhaps this would be just a generic sweet blend but I can actually pin point the individual sweet candy scents - here's the bubblegum and there's the cherry and then here's the orange. I can totally see a little girl in my minds eye smearing some sort of little girl perfume that generally comes with Barbie or something similar over her already sticky sweet scent.

over all : This truly is a little girl scent - one trying to be grown up at that. On a teenager I could see this being pretty sexy in a teasing manner. There's nothing sharp or having a polished seductiveness about it here - this is purely sweet and flirtatious. A great summer date blend.

In the bottle: Twizzlers! This must be the red lollies I smell. :D

Wet: Twizzlers and Bazooka Joe's, or and Naamah Darling so eloquently put it, those gumballs you get out of machines for a quarter. :D

Dry down: I smell like a bag of Hallowe'en candy after all the real chocolate and tootsie rolls are gone. You know the smell. When only hard candy, like lollies, and gobstoppers, Twizzlers, bubblegum, and fire balls are left; and the bag has been sitting on top of the counter for the last three months. I love it! I had no I idea I would like this, but I do!

30 minutes: Oh I do love this. Now it is perfume scent that screams SEX! I so see this as a 14 year old girl dressed in a slinky dress, heavy makeup, high heals. She is out trolling for some older guy, who thinks she is in her twenties. Like that rap song by Wil Smith, where he picks up a 14 year old going on 30. Lolita would have smelled like this ( I have no idea what Beth's Lolita smells like yet, hehe). I feel naughty in this.

Conclusion: I smell like naughty candy. Mama likey. Oh I feel like a very very bad girl wearing this. I need a spanking. :P

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 4.5.

In the imp: Bubble gum, the powdery kind.

Wet: This is exactly like a cherry Blow Pop, and I do mean "cherry" and "blow."

Drydown: I get a cinnamon-gum stage before a final morph into a sweet, fruity, predominantly cherry perfume. The final stage is okay -- I'm just not a fan of the stages you go through to get there. Jailbait is very, very true to its scent concept; it's just a concept that doesn't really fit me.

Imp, wet: HOMG BUBBLEGUM

And then it dries down into... spiced oranges. Huh. Very Christmas-y spices, in a potpourri sort of way. Jailbait... is Christmas... huh. *looks at imp suspiciously*

Anyway, it's a bit too fake-spice for me.

Jailbait is just cool. The topnote is bubblegum and candy, and then there is a lightish floral that peeks through after the drydown. Probably not something for everyday, but well worth having an imp lying around.

Wet: A bright, pink splat of bubblegum on the face, right after a huge bubble has popped.

Dry: The bubblegum smell disappears really quickly to be replaced by a faint hint of slightly spicy antiseptic again. It doesn't do anything nice for me! Swap pile.

In the bottle: Sweet, thick cinnamon.

Wet: Antiseptic. All dettol cleaner. Luckily having tested this one before, I know it gets better.

Later: Very cinnamonny, sweet, but not sickly. Thoroughly gorgeous & worth an 8/10.

I was sooooo pleasantly suprised by this! I was loving the bubblegum smell in the imp & when I finally tested it on my skin I put some in my scent locket too, the result was me not even noticing the change until quite some time later as the bubblegum stayed in the locket (& under my nose lol!).

When I smelt my wrist though; Wow! I couldn't believe the change, no bubblegum at all, just a mature, sexy perfume. It's my very oil that changed so much, & so pleasantly! Loved it & need to get a bottle.

This was a frimp from the lab and something I never would have picked for myself!

In the imp it was pure sugar sweet bubblegum.

Wet, much the same but with a medicinal edge. I can understand why some people say it smells like children's cough syrup.

As it dries and wears a more grown up note of muskiness combined with sweet cherry surfaces and by the time it starts to fade there is almost a woody feel to it with the cherry. It surprised me in many ways but I wouldn't wear it again so off to swaps for someone else to love it!

In the bottle: For me the cherry lollipops take center stage even over the bubble gum. This smells like my childhood in a bottle.

Wet on skin: HELLO THERE BAZOOKA BUBBLEGUM. This really is like sticking your whole head into a kid's trick-or-treat bag. Yet surprisingly, I'm not repulsed. :P

Dry down: I'm going back and forth between agreeing with the description (candy on adult perfume) or that bubble gum medicine we all had to suffer through as kids. Unfortunately the medicine has won the battle with its new friend scented plastic in tow.

To the swap pile!

In the imp this is just pure sweet bubblegum. But on my skin this develops into a sexy perfume in a sweetshop! The womanly perfume holds a grownup base for this and the bubblegum & lollipops bring a youthful sweetness to this scent. 'Innocence defiled' describes this scent wonderfully. Absolutely lovely. I'd never have thought a sexy bubblegum scent was possible but this is it! A complete gem in the general catalogue for me. :P

Oooooh!

In the Vial and fresh on... sheer, complete pink bubblegum. NOTHING else at all. It was overwhelming. However, after around 10 minutes, little hints of cinnamon began to make their presence felt. I approve.

The longer this stays on my skin the stronger the cinnamon scent becomes. I can still smell the bubblegum, but it's faded to the background, and there is a hint of cherry now as well.

I do like this. No doubt. I think it's far too young for me though, especially when it's still on wet. If I were to wear it I'd have to make certain it was well dried-down before I ventured out of the door. Not so much Jailbait with me as mutton dressed as lamb, I fear.

I'll wear it around the house, though. It does make me smile. :P See?