Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

I need a little joy today!

Initial Smell from Imp: It smells like candy! That`s awesome.

Wet: Oh, wait. It`s got a weird acrid note to it. Noo, please go back to the candy! I think I smell cherry? Cough medicine.

Dry: It smells like cherry lollipops! I don't really like cherry, but this is alright! It's definitely cheerful.

Out of 10: 6.5

Inside the imp, pink bubble gum.

Wet on the skin, strawberry bubble gum. Dries down to cotton candy on my skin. Smells yummy but doesn't last long on my skin.

Definitely a happy pink scent. :)

Happiness is pink strawberry bubble gum...

This is fast becoming my favorite bpal. It's soothing yet girly and has enough throw to satisy me without getting on the nerves of the bf. In fact he likes it! I can't tell you how many days I was sitting at work sighing wishing I had put on this scent instead of the one I was wearing.

In the bottle: A sticky wad of A.B.C. (yes already been chewed. Sorry for the visual but I see it as a moist scent).

Wet: It sweetens up in a cloud of rainbows raining fruity pebbles and deepens to become a lovely strawberry juice scent. I still get the bubblegum but it has toned down.

Dry: Much of the same but with a little less throw. I get an after-waft of something herbal.

Yes so happy I tracked down a bottle of this. After testing various imps I find the older ones become stronger and sharper as they age but both work for me.

This is my replacement for Strawberry moon which did not work on my skin. It's a sweet pink juicy scent and I lurves it :wub:

In bottle: Sweet, bubblegummy

On me, wet: Bright, sweet bubblegum. Certainly an uplifting scent.

On me, drying: Strawberry bubblegum. Very, very sweet.

On me, dry: The overbearing candy-sweetness finally recedes, leaving a pleasant, soft vanilla-y sweetness.

Verdict: Too sweet for me in the middle stage, but overall, this isn’t bad. I guess I would give it a B (the same grade I gave its bubblegummy sister, Jailbait).

In the imp this is sugar coated fruit. Wet: it smells like red fruit(cherries, strawberries) coated in cream and sugar and blended with extra sugar on top. After 12 hours it still smells lightly of cream on my skin. I like this, but it is not a top ten fave. I think it did help me feel a little more happy though.

In the imp this is really sweet, tooth-achingly candy-like. It's strange but I can smell the texture in this and it's a hard, fruit candy. Smells a bit like strawberry to me right now.

On my skin, I detect a bit of a sour note that adds to the strawberry hard candy scent. This is really good at simulating fruit candies. Unfortunately, its throw and staying power isn't too great. I couldn't smell any strawberry within an hour of application and was left with the very faint smell of sugar.

Oh, wow. Super-ripe fruit, full to bursting with sugar. I see where some get the bubblegum description, but on me, it has a bit of a sharp tang, almost but not quite sour. After it dries, it turns bright and sweetly clean. LOVE.

It's very sweet, like sweet jelly or hard candy.

Started off cinnamon bubblegum, ended up strawberry hard candy. VERY sweet, VERY pink. This is actually the closest strawberry has ever come to working on me, but it's just not my type of smell. Will be passing it on.

Whoa....very sweet! Very bubblegummy. As it dries down it turns into something a bit more airy, more like hard candy but there's still something creamy behind it and it stays incredible sweet. I don't think I see myself wearing this one often, it's too toothache sweet for me, but it's a fun scent to try out.

In the vial: Fruity. Is that banana I'm getting? This reminds me very much of Shango, which I like a lot.

Wet: Fruit and vanilla with a touch of something cinnamony; smells like cake, like pineapple upside-down cake without the brown sugar and butter. Cinnamon intensifying as I sniff.

Half an hour: Not pineapple upside-down cake: strawberry shortcake, on an old-fashioned egg-rich crumbly cake! Maybe with a little rum in it, too, or some kind of booze, and there's vanilla in the whipped cream.

One hour: Yup, definitely homemade strawberry shortcake. My daughter approved of it too.

Three hours: Very long-lasting. This one made me smile all day long, the only successful strawberry note on me other than Strawberry Moon 2009.

I'm getting fruity bubblegum in my frimp; a really bright, cheery scent. On my skin, I'm getting that fruity scent, but it's deepened somehow; not exactly sure why, and can't quite put my finger on the scent. A nice scent, will stay as an imp, but I don't think I need a full bottle of Aunt Caro.

Edited by Venneh

I smell honeysuckle in this, along with an essential oil I had ages ago called "Cherokee Fruit". No bubblegum or rock candy scent for me - it's definitely floral & fruit, with an herby thing going on underneath. Nice!

I just got around to testing this GC catalog staple for the first time. It smells happy in the vial, all right - I think it'd be great as a room scent. (Hey BPTP! Can we get Aunt Caroline's Atmosphere Spray, please?)

Freshly applied, I smell candied orange pith - not as sharp and assertive as zest, but more pith - and possibly citron. There's a herbal note that smells like silver thyme or lemon thyme. I don't get any berry at all from this (strawberry or otherwise), but maybe some lotus root, which does smell pink and billowy. And possibly a hint of ..... banana? Pineapple?

As it wears it takes on a burned-sugar note, not caramel, not spiced, but clear white molten sugar.

Soft, cheerful, candied citrus and thyme. It doesn't quite like my skin, but it might make some bang-up drawer sachets.

In the Imp: super sugary bubble gum; The Boy says "rock candy"

Wet on Skin: a bit of spice, slightly medicinal cherry

While Drying: cherry chapstick

After a Little While: cherry chapstick, a bit of bubblegum, and some incense or spice

Final Thoughts: This was a frimp from the lab. It does not work for me (I've never been particularly fond of cherry chapstick), and the chapstick note came out on the BFF, but another friend ended up with a lovely, soft, candy smell.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo earns a 3/5

Imp: Light and 'happy" can't help but smile

Wet on Me: A touch of sweet berry/fruit? Still smiling.

Drying Down: Still happy fruity sunny sweet but not sugary sweet.

Dry: Fruit stripe gum, which always made me happy and pixy stix mixed with liquid sunbeams. I can't stop huffing the spot on the back of my hand where I tested this. Keeper!

This smells like effervescent grapefruit bubblegum. It is a very pleasant, sweet, and yes - happy - scent. I will probably try to get a bottle when the massive update season passes a bit.

This is all sugar right here.

Imp: Strawberry lollipop. Yum.

Wet: Still strawberry lollipop.

Dry: Not quite as strawberry but definitely still a candy smell. It's very nice.

Verdict is I like it a lot. This is something I'd probably put on right out of the shower at the start of the day. I'd like to have a bottle but yet I'm not sure if I would actually wear it all that often. It just gives me the feeling it would be one of those oils I buy then forget I have. It's certainly a fun and pretty smell but nothing too unique or extraordinary but quite nice all the same. Oh and it also has quite a nice throw. Lasted a while on me so that gives it bonus points.

Edited by silver_springs

Ooh it's sweet candy strawberry and orange. Something is preventing it from being foody, though. It is very warm and happy. I think there's some light musk with it...it's reminding me of a candle I had in high school. In a good way. I just might need a bottle of cheer!

Wet: Like sweet fruity lip gloss or balm. It has a waxy artificial feel to it. It reminds me of a pina coloda Lip Smacker I had once.

As it dries it gets less sweet, and smells even stronger of lip balm. This goes cherry chap stick in the freshly-dried stage.

Long dry down: Faint vaguely fruity sweetness. In the prior stages this was cloyingly sweet and weirdly chemically. That's gone finally in this stage. It's sort of pleasant, but dull, and not something I could see myself wearing

Wet: Strawberry bubblegum (I guess that might be lotus), with an added squirt of sour light citrus and perhaps a touch of cherry. This pretty much smells like a piece of artificially flavored, sugary bubblegum tastes when you first start chewing, but there's a fleeting hint of green herbs and some spice lurking in the depths.

Dry: It stays intensely sugary and juicy for a while. A hint of cinnamon occasionally shines through, but this is mostly pink bubblegum and rock candy with some tartness to cut the sugar. It has a fair bit of throw while it lasts... but it really fades fast.

Overall: I can see the appeal, but I can't see myself wearing this around. Off to the swaps.

I just got my BPTP order yesterday, along with SEVEN free imps! The generosity of the Lab is astounding. This is the first of the imps I tried:

When this was wet on my wrist, I took a big sniff close up and got a nose-full of cherry candy and cherry cough syrup. On an empty stomach in the early morning, it was almost nauseating. When it dried, it mellowed and became much more pleasant, a kind of floral-ish cherry. Now, 1.5 hours later, it smells like the cherry version of High John the Conqueror. It's okay, but I think I'll stick to the Conqueror as I like grapes better than cherries.