Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith, Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

Wet: Lemon...?

First on: General citrus, which is bizarre.

Dry: A nice clean citrus scent. Very confusing.

Lady Lilith - Seems like a very sophisticated Maltese Cross of St. Germanus - I get a lot of the mandarin, but it's tempered with the vanilla and violet - a beautiful, sensuous scent - and it goes great with Lush Champagne Snow Showers jelly! :D

Not a very strong scent, but I like this anyway. Has both characteristics of Dorian and the warmer red musk-based scents, and is not terribly sweet. But you'd have to force someone's nose next to your skin to get him/her to really smell it.

Starts out as a tea and bright mandarin with an undercurrent of this extremely thick cream (not really dairy-"milky," just... "cream"? Not helpful, I know), and rounds out very quickly into a voluptuous musk. I get occasional wafts of that Dorian-esque tea, but the addition of the red musk at the base makes this much warmer (almost Smut-like, minus that... latex thing), not as thin as Dorian can occasionally go on my skin when dry. There's a slight powdery edge, which I suspect is the opium poppy trying to appear, but that's the only part of the scent that I ever have qualms about. :D I don't smell any rose, but that's fine. If I get vanilla, it's definitely not plasticine. Still trying to find the violets.

Lady-like indeed. I'm enjoying my bottle.

Wet on me: Musky florals with a hint of lemon. The musk stands out the most - it reminds me a bit of Smut, as mentioned by someone else, but not as sweet. Definitely no rose at all, which surprises me. The bit of floral that I get is hard to identify - maybe the violet?

My overall impression is that of a lighter, less sweet, more floral Smut. It's very pretty and smells 'expensive', if that makes sense. I would expect a lady wearing fashionable expensive clothing and jewelry to smell like this.

In the bottle it just smells like another floral blend.

As I wear it, it starts to change slowly.. It goes from being a "generic floral" of sorts to being a slightly musky floral, that's also sweet and somewhat creamy.

As with most florals, this eventually turns into a sour baby powder after a short while..

Bottle: Clean florals and a light, almost linen-y scent.

Wet: Sweet, crystaline mandarin and red musk. The florals chill out a bit and I get mainly a warm, musky vanilla-mandarin. The mandarin is very sweet and sharp and I think I'm picking up a bit of the parma violet scent. There's a stronger hint of linen in the wet phase.

Dry: Delicious. warm red musk, vanilla cream and the mandarin dominate. I can smell the florals in the background but they're really not at the forefront. This reminds me of a combination of Red Phoenix and Kubla Khan. This is gorgeous.

Throw: Light.

Overall: Loves it.

I have been waiting for this one to age a little bit... and it's stil the same. It starts of as strong mandarin and tea scent, after two hours tea gets stomped by flower scents. And after one more hour it turns to mandarine and vanila... and dies out as light vanila scent after 3 hours.

This is flowery sweet mandarine and veeery light, too light for me. And I agre that it goes well with Lush's Champagne Snow Showers, as if it was the same scent.

Very nice, but not for me as a perfume, I know that I won't use it at all, so it goes to swap pile.

Lady Lilith

Well, there's the tea, obviously. The rest is all blended up into a slightly-floral sweetness. It's very light, and difficult for me to pick apart. It's pretty, but maybe a bit light and meek for me.

Lady Lilith

In the bottle: tea and mandarin. Surprisingly tangy.

Wet on skin: mandarin, tea and white musk, with a hint of poppy.

Dry on skin: very pretty, lighter and fresher than I expected. This is white tea with mandarin, it smells a little bit like the white tea and orange blossom scent from Tweedledee. This one has added white musk and a bit of poppy as well, and also a touch of fresh crisp rose. I can’t smell the deeper sweeter notes yet like the red musk, vanillas and opoponax, but this is very nice for now.

After a while: the mandarin note in here is gorgeous! Most BPALs with this note don’t really smell like mandarin to me, or the mandarin fades fast. This one smells like that smell that lingers on the fingers after peeling a tangerine, or like tangerine juice. It’s wonderfully citrus-y. Playful and cheerful, a youthful scent. This citrus is enhanced by the white tea and rose (which also reminds me of Maiden). There’s a slight hint of smoke from the opium note but it isn’t heavy at all. The vanilla and red musk are incredibly subtle here…though as the scent develops, I smell more of the red musk.

Trying this again a few months later and the scent is even nicer-stronger vanilla, stronger musk, and a definite Dorian-y vibe coming through.

Verdict: this scent has really grown on me-all it took was a bit of aging. First up, this one has one of the most wonderful mandarin notes ever. For once, it is the dominant top note in the scent, bright and orange-y, joyful and zingy. Underneath it are endearing musks with rosebuds and vanilla and a drop of tea. But the mandarin really shows off with its sweet orange/tangerine peel scent. In fact something reminds me fleetingly of that ever-so-elusive rare scent, Orange, which makes me very happy as I love that scent but it is impossible to find. And the drydown (which, when I first tried this, thought was too faint and light) is utterly delightful, a little like Dorian, but with a lighter tea note and added rose and mandarin, though the combination of vanilla and white musk make this such a cosy and approachable scent. I don’t get much of the deeper notes, but I don’t mind-I see myself wearing this a lot in summer. And I’m so impressed by how long the mandarin here lasts. I’m so glad I gave Lady Lilith a chance-she’s stunning.

Emoticon rating: :wub3:

Is it a keeper? of course!

If you like this, try: Tweedledee, Maiden, Monna Vanna, Victoria, Dorian

No rose at all on me. Strangely, this is exactly what I was hoping for with Lilith Victoria. This smells just like Dorian mixed with SO on me :huh: Might be more musk I'm smelling than SO. Regardless, it's fantastically beautiful :D I need to hunt down more of this since I only have a wee half decant.

bottle: floral, very delicate

wet: violet stands out, growing sweeter

dry: tea coming forward and the sweet vanilla is coming up behind the florals. the white musk hasn't changed to soap yet.

later: growing cloying mandarin-sweet, and getting soapier. *le sigh*

In the Bottle: Juicy little slices of mandarin. Rose.

Wet: Mandarin is still prominent. Something else that come across as sharply floral, not really rose-- I wonder if it's the poppy? I have no idea what poppy or opoponax smell like. A smidgeon of creamy vanilla.

Drydown: Mm, hint of violet. I love violet when it's not too powdery or worse, dusty, and so far it's behaving in this blend. Again, the mandarin is still noticeable. The musks have entered the equation-- not prominently, just enough to mellow out that way-too-sharp floral from the wet stage.

Verdict: This is actually quite nice, but I was really really hoping for more vanilla and cream, and more musk. A bit less mandarin. And less floral. I like this, but not enough to justify a full bottle. I bet a decant would suffice. *ponders*

[]How did I not review this?? I was sooo excited to buy my first LE, too!]]

Beautiful, soft, feminine scent with many many moods! So perfect for the baby Lily to grow into. :)

This is a tea based scent, and on me it has a strong presence of mandarin -- some days that's the main note, some days not. The rose is occasionally detectable, but never a strong note; vanilla also occasionally appears, but never strongly. Some depth that I attribute to the musk + opoponax.

I very much enjoy this one, despite it being not at all what I had expected. It's improving with age, I think, as more notes come out. Still a very light scent.

This is gorgeous, like an orange flavored black tea with vanilla.

Its blended so well, and I would be tempted to go out and buy every existing bottle in the universe,

if it werent so damn faint!!

I like my perfumes to be a cloud, and this one stays close.

*ponders ways to make it huge*

Mmm. I love the complexity of the Salon blends. Lady Lilith has a lot of that and turns out somewhat different than expected. She has quite a few notes that can go awfully wrong on me but surprisingly they are well-behaved. Opium poppy, opoponax, vanilla, cream and rose can all turn out very bad. Most of the notes in this are really lost to me as they seem to blend into a mellow, fresh but soft scent with a sudden huge burst of red musk.

Fresh on a delicious mandarin and tea are strong but they fade quickly and I am overwhelmed by red musk after twenty minutes. A little later white musk and something creamy kick in and take over. White and red musk together really make a pink smell in my nose. A creamy pink smell. Reminds my of strawberries. Maybe this is what I was hoping for from Mania which also has the red and white musk combination but did not turn out so well.

In the locket the mandarin and tea stage lasts a lot longer but after wearing it all day it fades to a mellow powdery-musky scent, like white musk and opoponax and I think I finally smell some rose?

Must retest it when my sniffer is in a better condition than it is now. Having a mild cold does not help. I like it but what would be great would be a lot more throw and staying power. If I slather the red musk phase will knock out everyone in a mile radius.

I really did like this in the bottle but LOVE it on! The smell is very vanilla lemon with something dark in the background...just lovely. On me the staying power is WONDERFUL! This last longer than any other bpal scent I have tried yet to date. I wish this wasn't LE because I feel I may have a hard time getting my hands on another bottle.... :huh?:.

I never would have thought to try this, as floral blends generally aren't my thing, but I sniffed it at a M&S and it smelled amazing. The white tea is really strong throughout, and everything else is beautifully blended for a rich, complex scent. There's something very comforting and dreamy about it. I like wearing this to bed.

In the decant and wet on my skin, there is this gorgeous rose/vanilla cream. As it dries down, the tea, mandarin and musks come into play. A lovely and complex scent, something that works on both my skin and would be delightful in a scent locket as well.

Thankfully, the rose and red musk (which tend to be two of my doom notes ) are not detectable in this blend. I get mostly mandarin and little else, but the mandarin is complex and smooth, soft and sweet. And oh so pretty! This is likely thanks to the soft, delicate and creamy vanilla and the crisp tea, possibly even a whisper of the other floral notes is at work here as well. While I'd love just a bit more violet and vanilla/creaminess in this blend, its still a lovely blend.

I would sum it up as a fresh and light mandarin tea, sweetened with a drop of creamy vanilla yumminess. The only downside is that this beautiful scent seems to fade rather quickly from my skin.

I thought I was crazy but I looked back over the reviews and there are at least 4 others that agree with me. This is very much like Mme. Moriarty. It's just a little sweeter, younger...like her daughter (major lulz).

Like the Madame, I couldn't really describe this scent. Very well blended. Tea and mandarin are notes I can pick out. I really want to find a bottle.

I knew I would love this is moment I read the notes, and it really doesn't disappoint!

In the bottle it is pretty much all mandarin with a hint of creaminess from the vanilla and tea. Really lovely. I have yet to encounter such a perfect mandarin note. I'm not usually a fan of citrus scents, but when they are in combination with teas and creams and musky blends they are truly exquisite.

On my skin it is initially the same as in the bottle, but the tea is becoming much more prominent and is balancing out the mandarin. Closer towards dry down the opium poppy makes an appearance along with some of the musks (musks tend to LOVE me to ymmv). The mandarin is still there but is much understated now.

This dries to a wonderful creamy mandarin doused with musk and opium poppy all residing over a lovely layer of black tea. Exquisite! The overall effect is slightly closer to a traditional perfume than other blends at the Lab, but it retains a uniqueness that screams everything but traditional. Just lovely.

Average throw and longevity. This scent envelopes you and creates a kind of cloud around you. You'll turn and catch glimpses of it as you go on throughout your day. Lovely! :D

In the imp I can smell the tea and flowers. It's nice and fresh, but not really the kind of scent I go for. After I put it on, I get this sudden whoosh of vanilla-floral awesomeness- not surprising seeing as I amp vanilla to high heaven. The scent stays the same for me but disappears very, very quickly. It's lovely, seeing as I'm not really a florals kind of girl, but I was hoping for more mandarin.

First sniff: Very soft white tea, very soft citrus, and very soft, slightly powdery flowers. It’s a much more gentle and ladylike scent than I was expecting from the description.

Wearing: This reminds me of Maiden, my very favorite tea-and-flowers scent. The violet made it very powdery for a while, which made me sad because all the other notes are so perfect… but by the time I got to work it settled into a glorious tea-and-flowers-and-vanilla, and by lunchtime it smelled very much like Antique Lace with a hint of tea. LOVE.

Sweetened red musk, cream and soft tea leaves. It's subtle, sophisticated and lovely.

On first application, this is a pretty and feminine floral. Roses and vanilla are evident right away, but after a while this morphs into a lovely tea scent. The bouquet of florals is in the background, though violet is the predominant floral.