Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White rose and honeyed cream.

In the bottle: Rose and something weird that I can't identify

Wet: Rose! Sweet and clean.

Drydown: The rose note is very nice. It's strong in a good way, not overpowering. After a little while, I can smell the honey, and the whole effect is softened. This is sort of like Hope, but more sophisticated and natural. Oh, this is so gorgeous and classy. I am on a rose kick right now, and I just can't get enough. I love how there are so many beautiful and unique variations of rose in the catalog. No wonder this blend is so popular! I keep huffing my wrist.

Originally I passed on this, because I already had a few bottles of Hope, and I figured it wouldn't be very different. I'm really glad that I was wrong, and I'm so lucky to have scored a 5ml!

I got this as a sniffie in an order from the ever-so-lovely callmepenelope :heart: It has just enough to apply lightly at the wrists perhaps a few times.

In bottle: Roses! Fresh cut roses, but these definitely aren't deep red, sexual roses. Just pretty.

On skin: Sweetened roses, light and pretty scent, reminds me of a love spell I tried out in my youth. Definitely white roses.

Drydown: More of a creamy scent came out, skin that's been freshly bathed in a milk and honey bath with rose petals strewn across the water.

Verdict: Such a soothing scent, very much a second skin scent on drydown. Perhaps someday I'll attempt to acquire a bottle, or at least a decant. :D

Sniffed: Light, graceful rose floating above a base of sweet cream touched with honey.

On skin: Both the honey note and gourmand blends sicken me; thankfully the cream in Katrina van Tassel is light enough, and the honey discreet enough, to not be nauseating. The scent on my skin is initially sweet, thick cream enriched with honey; the clear, gentle rose finally shows up after drydown and strengthens over time. This blend ends up clear, light rose and sweet cream, simple and feminine.

Verdict: I would keep my decant if I had not found a better rose-and-milk blend in the Victorian Rose Milk v1 prototype, and my cream fix in Love's Philosophy. Good, but not good enough, alas...

Edited by Vega

Wet: The honey is all I smell at first, with only the barest hint of rose far, far in the background.

Dry: Wow! It morphed into beautiful creamy-honey goodness with the rose grounding it and keeping it from being overpoweringly sweet. This is a really beautiful scent.

In decant: rose with honey. Well, creamy rose with honey. *cough*

Wet on skin: mmm, honeyed cream. Yummy! The rose is rather faint. Or...or is it already turning into powder?! I can only get it if I sniff hard and think about it. There IS a slightly rosy quality to the honey/cream; it's not full-on syrupy sweet honey, not foody at all. A nice rather delicate honey/cream.

Dry: ....OH WOW. It's dry, and THERE IS NO POWDER. Okay, so there is, but it's faint, and it's not eating anything in its path. This is a very well-behaved rose! And yes, I can actually get the rose now--it's not strong, definitely not a lush red rose--but it is a rose indeed, a pretty and elegant white rose with honeyed cream. This is so spot on. I kept going back to it, and much later on (about two hours? more?) the powder is definitely "more" than previous, but seriously, as it is, this is amazing.

Verdict: OH HELL YEAH, I'M KEEPING THIS. I took a long time before finally testing this, because I was thinking, well it has rose, why should I even bother? But I'm so glad I did. At least I have ONE rose scent now! (Okay, so it's not your typical rose scent. But never mind.)

Katrina was in good company with Miss Westenra and Miss Murray when she arrived at my residence. I am SO pleased to finally have a bottle of her!

In the Bottle: All honey and cream.

Wet: Actually quite terrible! The honey and cream and rose are cloying and fighting against one another. But I've tested her before and I know better!

Drydown: Sweet, creamy rose. It is absolutely worth that horrid wet stage on me to get to this, I love her! Now I have something to wear to my boy's Ichabod!

On me, this smells like a richer, less cloying Hope. It's much more a sweet/warm/soft rose than Rose Red or The Rose's fresh/green/wet rose. It also lasts and lasts close to the skin.

In the imp, it's a sweet & pretty, creamy rose. I suppose that would be the honey doing all that jazz.

Wet on my skin: Cream! Roses! Cream! Roses! Honey!

Dry: Luscious, creamy rose-honey.

It fades a bit into subtle sweet-rose goodness. Mmm.

I like this quite a bit as far as rose scents go.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

lovely, lovely, lovely. soft and pretty rose and cream. light and sweet. rose doesn't always work on me but this is one of the few I've tried that works really well. it feels like a close cousin of alice. I'm glad I have a bottle!

A while back I went crazy and told myself I needed this in my life so I tracked it down with a vengeance.

In the bottle: rose

On my skin: I got a lot of rose and the honeyed cream had just the right amount of sweetness. I really like cream notes. It was very feminine and very pretty. I pictured Katrina Van TAssel totally wearing this. It didn't have a lot of throw though.

Drydown: on the drydown the honey did get a little powdery but it wasn't bad just overpowered the rest of the scent a little. I wish the rose and cream were a little stronger but it is lovely. Did end up selling it. :wub:

This is pretty much what the descriptipn says; I am getting a soft white rose similar to Parlement of Foules, sweetened up by a little bit of cream and a drop of honey. Just a drop, because this honey didn't amp all over the place on me.

It is pretty.

The only caveat for me is that it remains extremely faint on my skin and doesn't last very long.

Mmmfffggg.

Wet: This is so beautiful. White rose is my absolute favourite floral. And with honeyed cream? /dies

I almost get a hint of citrus, which I know is that white rose tricking my nose. It's not sour at all though. It's so very very pretty.

It makes me really happy. If it goes soapy, I might cry.

Dry: Stays true, no soapiness. It's beautiful. I do wish it had more throw. But I am very happy to own this.

Wet, this smells very similar to RPG Good, but if you swapped the other florals for white rose. It's very sweet with a hint of greenness which I really like. The rose comes out a bit more during dry down but it's really creamy and sweet and not cloying at all.

It's such a pretty scent, I can imagine myself wearing this a lot when spring comes.

Katrina van Tassel

In the Bottle: Tangy sweet cream, hint of pink rose

Wet: I can immediately understand the tanginess of the sweet cream comes from the rose here, they honey gives it this almost syrupy quality (without too much sweetness) and perhaps calls to mind the ambery tang you get when you blend vanilla with sandalwood. It’s mild, very slightly bordering gourmand, most likely due to the honey- but if I’m honest, This smells like pink rose to me, the kind in Hope, just amped down notches. The honeyed cream is sublime,

Drydown: I admit I don’t actually get any honey in this on skin, even into the drydown- just trace characteristics of what honey might get described as. I got more of it in the bottle, which makes me sad because it would have tempered the rose a lot more effectively. I do pick up honey in the later stages of the drydown. It’s a floral honey, sugared and sweet smelling. Not the rich kind of golden honey. The rose amps a great deal and ends up smelling like a powdery honey dusted rose before finally reaching a faithful end as a sugary sweet pink rose SN, ah the life story of most rose blends on me. Such sad. Unfortunately the beautiful cream note has long dissipated, and how I wish it amped as much as when I got my bottle fresh back in 2008. I’m going to have to test again when my chemistry returns back to normal.

TL;DR: Creamy tangy sweet pink rose

Finally got a chance to try this and it's heavenly.  It smells like very crisp, fresh white roses with a sweet drizzle of honey on top. For some reason it's reminding me a little bit of white grape juice? I have no idea why that might be but I'm also not offended by it. Super lovely, especially since my skin loves to radiate roses.

Mainly rose and cream at first, already delicious, but give it some time then the honey comes up, and it's swoonworthy. It does remind me a lot of other BPAL roses in how it's very classic with a twist.

This is mostly about the white rose on me. It is bright and not really sweetened by the honey or buttered up by the cream on me. In fact, I only get the barest hint of the honeyed cream after a day of wear, and that's if I really try to go hunting for it. It's just buried beneath the white rose!

It was nice to be able to try this, as I love sugary florals, but alas, I didn't get enough honeyed cream for me to want to reach for this again. 😭