Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

L'Inverno Atmospheric Spray

Snow-laden pine boughs, sleet, white sandalwood, cedar, winter orchid, and honeysuckle.

Text on Bottle:

Caminar Sopra il giaccio, e à passo lento
Per timor di cader gersene intenti;
Gir forte Sdruzziolar, cader à terra
Di nuove ir Sopra 'l giaccio e correr forte
Sin ch' il giaccio si rompe, e si disserra;
Sentir uscir dalle ferrate porte
Sirocco Borea, e tutti i Venti in guerra
Quest' é 'l verno, mà tal, che gioia apporte.

Translation via Wikipedia:

We tread the icy path slowly and cautiously, for fear of tripping and falling.
Then turn abruptly, slip, crash on the ground and, rising, hasten on across the ice lest it cracks up.
We feel the chill north winds course through the home despite the locked and bolted doors...
this is winter, which nonetheless brings its own delights.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I've used a few room/linen sprays before, but they were always focused on one note, like lavender. The notes in this sounded lovely.

In the Bottle: My first impression is something chemical, like perhaps I'm smelling the base of the spray. But after a few sniffs, I get scent. It's quite chilly, the chilliest of the three L'Inverno products. I get a lot of sleet and snow notes and the woods, with the honeysuckle dipping a toe into the mix.

Sprayed onto Cloth: Almost no morph, which makes sense, I suppose. A very snowy, wintry scent with a strong woodsy facet and a few tinges of floral.

Verdict: I think I will enjoy using this.

I smell mostly the sleet and the honeysuckle. I love this...very chilly and citrus-sweet. I am always wary of cedar and sandalwood but they are very well-behaved and do not make my head hurt. When I get flashes of the orchid it's so beautiful, I wish it were a bit stronger presence...but honestly, like puck_nc just said, this is a room spray that is on another level, and it's very, very well-done. I will definitely use up this bottle, probably quickly.

The predominant note for me is the honeysuckle. Everything else is blended beautifully. I was a little worried about the orchid, but that was clearly a foolish notion. I can, in fact, smell the orchid, but it is gorgeous and doesn't do all the horrible things it usually does on my skin. This is a chilly scent, and, as such, it seems kind of fragile and faint as well. It's really not that strong, but it lasts!

I lovelovelove this and have to resist the urge to dance around the house spraying it everywhere. Especially in the hot summers, this spray presents a soothing, beautiful scent that cools me down (and I never, ever thought that a scent could change my body's temperature!).

... now to see if there's any way I can sneak this past airport security so that I can have this gorgeous scent with me for my holiday!

I have a teeny tiny dining room (five feet by five and a half feet, with walls on three sides) where I sit at the table and do homework all the time. I sprayed a squirt of this in there and, oh my. It's love.

About the scent itself: I can pick out all of the notes in here if I try, but it's really gorgeously blended and the final outcome is not just the sum of its parts. It's really hard to describe on account of this. It's cold, and clean, and a little sweet, and a little woodsy... and a lot awesome.

As a room spray: it's a fairly subtle and gentle scent... definitely present but not at all overwhelming, which is just perfect for me. I'm impressed by the fact that it really doesn't take over the space it's in, even though I put it in a tiny little room. There's nothing at all chemically smelling about it, which makes it different than... well... any other room spray I've ever used. (But then, I haven't tried the other BPTP offerings yet. :P)

Definitely a refreshing breath of cold, crispy air on a hot summer day. Maybe... maybe I'll go spray this in my underwear drawer.

If the scent was a morpher, the atmosphere spray is not. I get chilly pines and slight florals. More importantly, it kind of makes me think Ice Queen if it were a room scent. Not exactly the same, but close enough.

Mmm. Loving it. Most intrigued now to try the bath oil. :P :D :D

Oh, and the fact that my bedroom smells so good with just a lil bit of room spray is AWESOME. I love BPTP atmospheric sprays for their throw.

One spray scents my 12X12 bedroom and it lasts for a few hours.

I was a little worried by the review that mentioned a chemical smell but it doesn't seem chemical. There is a little bit of alcohol scent at first, suspect that is the carrier.

The scent is chilly with a floral aspect to it. The cedar and sandalwood blend together and are soft, sweetened by the flowers, not at all "dry wood" or "pencil shavings". It must be the cedar and sandalwood that makes it seem calming, which seems like a very good idea for a room spray. I can't really pick out the honeysuckle, just the orchid which is similar to the L'Inverno perfume.

This has a very icy and slushy tone to it. I get an almost fizzy, icy light winter floral with a sweet touch from the honeysuckle. I love the subtlety of the pine boughs and woods in this. Overall, it's a cool and gentle, subdued winter atmosphere spray. I love the way it seems to bring the outdoors in yet is gentle enough that it doesn't seem to leave too much of a winter chill. I'm going to love using this during the wintertime.

I love this sprayed lightly on my pillows. It makes them seem cool and refreshing all night long. Especially good on those super hot nights in the middle of summer.

Light and fresh, almost like a bathroom cleaner or traditional air freshener, but not in an unpleasant manner. Pine and cedar with a citrusy tang, over faint delicate flowers, fresh, slightly piercing sandalwood and sleet. Refreshing but soothing, the way herbal lavender can be. Not very strong, and fades quickly.

This is almost something I would use, but it's a bit on the weak side, and somewhat too heavy on the pine for me. Very fittingly wintry, however!

A delightfully icy floral. Perfect for spraying in the car on a sweltering Summer day...you'd swear it lowered the temperature by a few degrees.

:P

I can smell the snow. And the trees.

This smells so clean, so restful, so peaceful and quiet, like the quiet of being alone in a snow-covered forest.

I was upset when I first sprayed this, because it had a sharp, perfumey floral quality to it. It mellows down into a soapy-clean floral smell with a cold ozone-y note. The longer it sits in the room or on some fabric, the prettier it gets. It turns less soapy and sharp over time, and more into just a clean chill. It's not the pine and snow scent that I was hoping for, but it's still nice. I wouldn't want this as a personal scent, but it's a wonderful linen fragrance.

I bought the L'Inverno pack because I fell deeply in love with the perfume oil at will call. When I got the set, I remember taking one sniff of this straight from the bottle, and not being impressed, but it was so hard to tell because the room sprays are so condensed in the bottle. I have now given this sufficient time to settle and am going to see if it transports me to a winter wonderland!

Hmm...this is not bad. It definitely feels cool and brings to mind winter and snow...I definitely get the pine boughs and cedar, but there is something sour to this that kind of throws off the blend for me. I think it may be the darn honeysuckle. Honeysuckle and I just don't get along! But I am going to let this sit for a bit...I actually think it is starting to grow on me..

It's kind of funny, the air conditioning in our house happens to be broken right now, so the cooling effect on the air is nice....but honestly, this scent just isn't for me. I hate the snow :D And I'm not a huge fan of pine or honeysuckle-just a bit too sharp for my tastes. So I will be swapping this along to see if I can get one of those other Inquisition sprays :P

I should also note that the throw on this is very strong and they are not lying when they say a little goes a long way!

This is incredibly lovely! :P You really get the sense of snow-covered pine trees with some sweet orchid on top. I don't smell the honeysuckle note separately at all. The woods are not pronounced, they just help ground the florals and take the sharp edge off the pine. I must get more!

I am not getting any cold or wintery vibes from this one at all.

It is mostly floral, orchid and honeysuckle.

Edited by TwilightEyes

This actually reminds me quite a bit of Perchta. I mostly smell the snow note (which here almost verges on dryer sheets) rounded out by florals. While the L'Estate spray was quite strong, I flailed my sheets around and still barely caught a whiff of the spray. I'm looking forward to spraying this in midwinter while I watch the snow fall.

L'Inverno atmo is mostly an orchid-laden, pine-tinged snow to my nose. I only gets hints of the woods, and none of the honeysuckle (which I was really hoping would be a main player!).

I am not a big fan of orchids, so I'm a little sad that it's so prominent here. But if you enjoy that note and a snowy floral blend appeals, this might be up your alley.