Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

Sniffing this out of the bottle, I was sure I'd come across a strong, Southern, white floral. I put it on, and much to my surprise, the first whiff was of moderately chewed Bazooka bubble gum, with just a tang of cinammon underneath. Hmmm.... Five minutes later, the cinnamon is more predominant, with jasmine, herbs, wood, and smoke creating an abolutely fascinating aroma. 30 minutes later, the cinnamon is fading and a sugared bourbon vanilla is emerging, along with strengthening jasmine.

It's not too strong, it's not too overwhelming, and it's oddly not as "pushy" as I expected. It is most assuredly a scent that embodies "getting others to do what you want while convincing them it was their idea all along."

wow. I am in love with Love Me. let me tell ya, this sucker is sweet! to me it smells almost like herbal, insencey coca cola. its a very sweet inscense scent, which is perfect for people like me who can't decide whether they want to be sweet or inscenced. This is a perfectly balanced scent with all the elements I love in one bottle. I may have to buy a big bottle of this one.

:P

When I first put this on, all I could smell was smoke. I've never experienced that in a fragrance before, so I wasn't hoping for much for the dry-down. However, it has dried down into something very nice, very complex, sweet and incensey. Really lovely and probably, of all the BPALs I've tried, the one that changed the most from first application to dry-down.

to me it smells almost like herbal, insencey coca cola.  its a very sweet inscense scent, which is perfect for people like me who can't decide whether they want to be sweet or inscenced

Yes!! Thats exaclt the note I keep picking up on!! Its an alluring strong fragrance...you only need the teeniest of dabs!!

I can't isolate the notes in this blend but its beautiful and damned attractive!!! Yet to test on my man but the parents liked it a lot!!! My mum wants to try some now :D !!

Its a heady fragrance and very warm and very sweet but not sickly at all!!

Delicious, so glad I have a 5ml of this!!! *rubs hands with glee* :P

Claire xxx

i could have sworn this is what i grabbed this morning, but it smelled completely different to me.

but whatever it was i grabbed, it had all the best qualities of hecate, snake oil, and voodoo. it was a smokey voodooy smell at first, and mellowed into a smokey, slightly spicey vanilla, that had this little bite of hello that voodoo has.

i am completely in love with it. it's lasted 6 hours so far, and is going on strong. :P

i've got to figure out what this was, because i intend to make a big bottle purchase out of it!

//edited to add: i did double check the vial, and it WAS love me.

odd.

Edited by quantum spice

I just put this on and it smells a little sweet, like Coca-Cola as someone said, but there's a little hint of something spicy underneath. I will report later as I just put it on.

It still kind of has a sweet fizzy smell to me, but it's starting to fade and I can't really spell the spice anymore.

I wanted to like this one, since it seemed to be interesting, but I don't think it's for me.

Edited by friendthegirl

Love Me is an interesting scent. On first application it is sweet and I sense cinnamon underneath...something spicy and warm and...well...like incense (but not heavily). As it dries, I feel more and more like I smell like a New Age store.

When dried completely it reminded me of a solid perfume I once had...however I don't remember what the scent of that was.

I really enjoyed this scent...but alas, my husband said he doesn't like it...so I won't be purchasing a bottle of this one.

the first whiff was of moderately chewed Bazooka bubble gum, with just a tang of cinammon underneath

JJ-J, that is the perfect summation ... I really, really like this ... had done a swap and the swapper "threw this in" because she thought I or my daughter might like it and she was right on target ... it is light and spicy and fun. I keep sniffing my wrist to see how it is drying down. I think this has been very well described on this board so far, the cinnamon and spice and something else underneath that is slightly sweet like bubble gum but without being overbearingly candyish.

First Impression: Industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner while wet. My nose is strange today.

Second Impression: On immediate dry down "fizzy" comes to mind. That must be the cola that everyone is getting. Love Me developed gloriously on me. All warm flowers and spicy sweet vanilla. I can't even really describe it.

Final Analysis: This has taken the top spot on the favorites list. This one has the most spectacular staying power. Over 12 hours later and I can still smell the spicy sweetness on my wrists and in my hair.

I had something lovely and eloquent written down but my browser went wonky and wiped it out. Damn you Bill Gates!

i just got this in a swap; "Love Me!" implored the tag attatched to the vial...and i do! This is a *fabulous* scent,which has changed from a cinnamon-Red Hots smell to a rich,spicy,smoky scent. i need a BIG bottle of this one...

Another extra from Beth...another scent which she must have known my twin sister would love.

On me, herby coca-cola gum (anyone remember cola flavoured Hubba Bubba? That.), very sweet and overpowering, and not to my taste.

On my sister it smells much better, her body chemistry seems to have an affinity to those kinds of scents. The blend hits everything that she loves, so you have a happy camper there.

-------

Kate

http://www.amberdragon.ca

Initially, the cinnamon was predominant. I don't really like cinnamon, but I was able to stand it, because it was more like a sweet, cinnamon-tinged Coke. jj_j described the smell of it after application perfectly: Bazooka gum, with a hint of cinnamon. I got an image of a tarted up little girl smacking the gum with attitude. Over time, the little girl grew up, with the scent changing, but still remaining true to its original form, and now I get an image of a high-powered professional woman who isn't afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants. She's still chewing the gum, but the gum's been chewed at for a long time. I also was slightly reminded of an incense-y shop, but it's not actually what an incense shop smells like. I really disliked it the first hour and a half, but what it smells like now, I'm not so sure.

ETA: The way this scent changes really lives up to the image of what the name implies: you will Love Me. Initially, I didn't like it, but I was drawn to it, sniffing at it, until I went, "Wait a minute. I think I might like you, but I'm not sure." So the way it changes is rather manipulative. I also can't see this as a scent that is "me," but I might wear it on occasion, if I'm feeling a bit tarty, a bit underhanded and a bit like presenting a mask.

Edited by malanna

First off, it looks gorgeous in the bottle – a pinky gentle orange red.

Wet, I can smell jasmine, orange blossom and a resin of some sort. Also cinnamon. I can understand the cola connotations mentioned by previous reviewers, but this is more like the organic cola drink you can get from health shops than commercial Coca-Cola.

I realise that I’ve never smelt flowers and cinnamon together before, and that it’s a great combination.

As it dries, Love Me becomes gorgeously sweet and softly spicy, and really suits its colour.

I think this would be great in a massage oil and in the bath, and I'm ordering a larger bottle - will be gorgeous as summer starts to drift away.

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

why YES, yes it does! I wore this one to work today, and I dont think I have ever had so many faces pressed to my body in my life!! There was kind of a riot/orgy. :D what a fantastic day!

Hm, the scent. When I sniffed the imp I thought "yup, I'm gonna hate this one" because generally the incensey/herbaly/spicy blends are terrible on me. but the name is so cool, I just had to try it on. I used a single wand swipe very sparingly on my wrists and one on my neck. It is just spicy and sweet to me, I have no idea of the notes but I can see how some say coca-colaish. The co-workers guesses were all over the place with stuff like patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla.

It stayed quite strong for about 4 hours after application, then faded nicely and 12 hours later it is still there. This has excellent staying power compared to most BPAL that fades quite fast on me.

I had people at work coming up to me *all day* going "can I smell you again?" and "I just caught a whiff of you, GOD you smell good!" and "WHAT is that and WHERE can I get it?!"

I went home on a motorcycle today thanks to Love Me. :P gotta get more....

Love Me is a really odd combination of scents that work really well together. I think it’s a mixture of jasmine, some spice that may or may not be cinnamon, and something to sweeten it (I think it might be a little vanilla). I tried it one night before I went to bed and as I lay in bed reading, I kept smelling something that wasn’t jasmine or spice, but was light and sweet. I really like it.

At first i really liked this. I did get teh cola fizzyness on first application which quickly mellowed out to a clean skin scent on me. It reminded me a lot of nile musk. After about an hour or so it ended up turning all burnt on me. Not pretty burnt either, liek woodsmoke and ashes. Same thing happened with strength so im thinking that i just might not be able to wear voodoo blends. Up for swap this one will go.

I got this one in a swap with merveilluse. Thanks, Merveilluse! (sorry if I spelled your name wrong.)

Wow. This is completely different for me.

For me this is JASMINE. That's in all caps, because it smells like it is in all caps. The first time I tried it I did my usual slather routine. And the Jasmine was overwhelming. I did eventually get the fizziness and cocacola-ness that others have described, but it was deeply hidden by the jasmine.

Heh. Maybe there isn't even any jasmine in it, and my nose is just completely crazy. But it sure smells like jasmine to me.

I'm normally a slatherer, but Love Me is a one drop in the cleavage thing for me. And with one drop in the cleavage, it is truly powerful.

As with all of the voodoo blends, I am in awe.

I've already posted once that this one provoked an incredibly strong emotional reaction in me...and I'm not really sure why.

On first application: Wow! Dragon's blood resin!! It must be.... and I'm also picking up something spicier. Maybe cinnamon, but it seems even spicier than that. Like pepper, even. And also a creamy floral...jasmine, probably.

A few minutes later: Much the same, but now with a little bit of a vanilla base sneaking through. It's definitely getting sweeter.

A few minutes after that: I like this a lot. It's a little wrenching, but I think I can deal with it, if I smell this good!

I am loving this. I thought it was a tad to strong and incense like at first but it mellowed quickly into a beautiful ,heady very sensual scent. This scent is very warming, almost hot in a sense. No one scent is rearing it's head. The cinnamon and floral are amazingly well blanced and very sexy in a powerful way. I wear Perversion when I want to show that I really want it, this is something to wear when you want to make him want you. A powerful attractant IMO.

I cannot for the life of me pick out the notes in this - and I can't even tell really how I feel about this. I think I was expecting something called "Love Me" to be soft, sultry and subtle. This instead was intensely take-charge - if ever I need to wear an oil to an important meeting or legal battle, I'd wear this because it really seemed to settle on me this aura of command. Once I got over the surprise, I just loved it. Scent-wise I'm a bit iffy on it, but purpose-wise, this is quite a keeper.

i know this smell... its beautiful

its so familiar its bothering me... though it is very VERY comforting. maybe my mom would burn an incense.... or use this on candles when i was younger?

i dont know but i love it, even if it doesnt work. hope it will though.... hehe

In the vial

Lots of jasmine with a faint underscoring of cinnamon. The only other Voodoo Blend I've tried is the now-discontinued Juju, and that had jasmine in it as well but it certainly didn't smell like this!

Wet

The cinnamon comes out more now that it's hit my skin, along with the jasmine. There's something else in there too. I swear it's cloves, but I can't be entirely sure since my sense of smell is slightly off and I'm having trouble distinguishing notes. (Not that it's stopping me from testing & reviewing. :P) All together it smells like fizzy, cinnamon-flavored cola, although I can see where people are getting the Bazooka bubblegum scent too. There's a similarity in the scents.

Drydown

It's gotten sweeter, which makes me think there's vanilla in this. It's intensifying the sweetness of the jasmine and making it heady. The fizziness has given way to something slightly boozy. I have no idea what it is. If I inhale deeply enough, I get a whiff of incense. It's definitely in the background, but it's there. I can always tell if it's present, because it always leave a faint aftertaste in the back of my throat.

Final Thoughts

Like Juju, it's not an everyday scent but as a Voodoo Blend, it's not meant to be. I haven't tested its effectiveness (LOL!) but it does give a sense of a strong woman using what she's got to get what she wants. Very empowering in that sense.

Love Me:

My favorite Voodoo Blend so far! I get the instant vanilla thing out of this one too. And it's LOVELY. Spicey, warm, and just screaming, yes you know it's coming, LOVE ME! A truly glorious scent.

In the vial: The first note I detect is Dragon's Blood and the second is cinnamon.

Wet: Oooh, cinnamon. This made my skin feel quite hot for a few minutes- the first reaction I have ever had to a Bpal scent.

It's also the first time I have tred anything with cinnamon in.

Drydown: To me this is Dragon's Milk with Cinnamon in, although there is a floral in there that I can't quite identitfy. Possibly jasmine.