Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

Hellcat

The Candy Butcher

Bliss

Velvet (?)

13--there is tons of bottles of the pink/ green label 13 available on the sales/ swaps pages

Love's Philosophy smells like a vanilla soda on me.

Hecate and Black Phoenix have this cherry vanilla doctor pepper smell in the imp but turns weird on me.

Dana O'Shee smells like almond pastry

Chimera---cinnabon

Cockaigne is less sweet and has a sweet bread smell before a red wine-y smell

Midway, definitely, but it isn't as easy to find (I just hunted down a bottle for myself!)

Knave of Hearts--I have only sniffed it but it seemed like it had a similar cake-y scent, like Eat Me

I'm hardly a BPAL expert, but I seem to like all the sweet blends so far...

Fruitcake - VERY sweet, warm, moist brown sugar cake with spices. I don't get the hint of cherry other people seem to.

Gingerbread Poppet '07

Egg Nog '07 - Just like it sounds. Very boozy, too.

El Dia de Reyes - Chocolate and coffee HEAVEN. I could smell this forever.

Candy Butcher

Perilous Parlor - Like pear syrup over vanilla pudding, almost. Or vanilla sauce over cooked pear.

Tamora

Lady Una - Very blackberry and honey and vanilla on me.

Dorian

Titania

Eve

Jezebel - Okay, the honey was almost nauseating on me.

Ravenous (candy), Hunger (orange lollypop), Sugarskull (toffee), Pink Phoenix (pink sweet stuff), Beaver Moon (cakey, cheesecakey, strawberry, cherry), Voodoo Lily (=green jellie bellies? go-figure)

I'm looking for blends that are pure unadulterated comestibility. There are a lot of sweet oils that have, say, a floral note or two, or some woods, or a resin, or what-have-you, and I would like to avoid ALL of that. I want to smell sweet and edible and NOTHING ELSE. Can you help?

Examples: Bengal (spicy), Eat Me (cakey), Fruitcake (fruity)

Sugar Skull is completely edible, nothing but sugary tooth decay in a bottle! Somehow it smells fantastic too. It's to sugar what Two, Five & Seven is to roses.

I've been going crazy trying as many sweet scents recommended here and here's what I've found and tested.I've realised there are different types of sweet. candy/fruity/foody sweet.

sugar skull- really sugary sweet. dont find it really foody

midway - not foody and not fruity sweet but candy sweet.

Jester- fruity sweet

The hamptons - not really fruity sweet. Almost candy

march hare - wow. almost fruity sweet because of the apricot. But also somewhat candy sweet. love this.

Jezebel - floral sweet. not fruity or candy sweet at all. nice.

Titania - candy sweet. Like those hard candies if you know what I mean.

Siren - sweet but sort of spicy because of the ginger.

Akuma - citrusy sweet?

blood lotus - bubblegum sweet. But I dont find it that sweet. Must be the dragon's blood.

cockaigne - foody and sorta spicy. not sweet

hellcat - very boozy. not sweet.

hollywood bablyon and maenad - a little sweet but something stops them from becoming very sweet. dont like them.

There were quite a number of scents which people have found sweet and I dont. Haha I love sweet scents a lot soooo they have to be really sweet in order for me to find them sweet.

Edited by faeriedust

Ok, I want sugar and light musk. Sugared musk. Sexy, musky candy. Like a sweaty romp in icing sugar. Yum. Someone, please tell me this exists? Doesn't matter if it's an LE, I'll track 'er down.

Edited by revinn

Ok, I want sugar and light musk. Sugared musk. Sexy, musky candy. Like a sweaty romp in icing sugar. Yum. Someone, please tell me this exists? Doesn't matter if it's an LE, I'll track 'er down.

Sounds like the most recent 13.

Sounds like the most recent 13.

Sounds like some of the prototypes from the last Cobwebs too. :)

Most super candy candy candy sweet ones I've tested are Candy Phoenix and Pink Phoenix. I mean, they're literally SO pungently sweet that I get headaches from even the smallest skin tests (which makes me sad, because their descriptions sounded so nummy!)

Have you tried Velvet Unicorn? It's a musky candy to me!

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal is all lemon cotton candy, sweet vanilla and pepper on me, with maybe a tiny hint of citrus hiding behind the vanilla. It's wonderful.

Sugar and musk? I would say Smut or Red Lantern, both of which are usually available as Lupercalia scents.

Smut: "Three swarthy, smutty musks sweetened with sugar and woozy with dark booze notes."

...I didn't actually get any booze out of smut. just sugar and musk. But I amp BPAL sugar notes like nothing else, so...

And while there's no musk listed in Red Lantern, it seemed very candy like to me. Sensual caramel candy.

the original Beaver Moon/Beaver'sary also has a very strong icing/frosting note to it.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

If you're a fan of Pink Sugar (I am), my holy grail BPAL is and will always be Midway...on me it's cottn candy + sex. :thud: YMMV, though: some people get butter, some get funnel cake. I get candysex :yum: . The reviews for the prototype Tilt-a-Whirl make me hope it will be released eventually too. There are so many sweet/foody scents, but Midway is the main one that has a light spun-sugar feeling to it instead of something heavier. Sticky Pillowcase is also a fun, light candy scent *but* is not sexy.

Is Titania really that candish?

I'm not a fan of candy scents at all, and ordered in hoping for a fruity-fresh-summer vibe...

Gona be disapointed?

I'm not a fan of candy scents at all, and ordered in hoping for a fruity-fresh-summer vibe...

Gona be disapointed?

For what it's worth, Titania isn't remotely candyish on me. I would say it's a very feminine, dewy, fruity floral, not too heavy and kind of perfect for summer. I'm wearing her a lot these days. :D

Gona be disapointed?

For what it's worth, Titania isn't remotely candyish on me. I would say it's a very feminine, dewy, fruity floral, not too heavy and kind of perfect for summer. I'm wearing her a lot these days. :D

Thanks, cause I was starting to get sligtly worried)

I am looking for sweet scents but not cakey like beaver moon or gingerbread poppet (which made me feel sick!)

Velvet pink kitty, strawberry moon 05 and bloody mary have all worked well on me but pink plastic flamingo didn't go so well the dandelion is too much!

(I have a bottle of the new strawberry moon on its way to me)

Can anyone suggest any other sweet bpal for me to try? :)

La Befana - Candy charcoal, winter lilies, parma violet, a sprig of cypress, a poof of chimney dust, and holiday sweets.

Most of my favorites are a bit sweet. Black Opal, Dorian, Hermia, Pink Moon 07, Pickled Imp, Jingu, Inez... all those aren't really candy-like but they have a definite sweetness to them that's made complex by other notes. You might also like Sugar Skull which will probably be released with the Halloweenies sometime in August. Are you looking for mainly fruity, creamy...?

Most of my favorites are a bit sweet. Black Opal, Dorian, Hermia, Pink Moon 07, Pickled Imp, Jingu, Inez... all those aren't really candy-like but they have a definite sweetness to them that's made complex by other notes. You might also like Sugar Skull which will probably be released with the Halloweenies sometime in August. Are you looking for mainly fruity, creamy...?

I do live pickled imp yum :)

I do like sweet and fruity with a bit of cream the only problem is a few scents I have tried that have cream in can be very buttery.

I had a bottle of sugar skull when I first got into bpal it was an old one and to me it smells like rum rich brownsugary rum it was nice but a bit boozy maybe a fresh bottle would be less boozy?

I do live pickled imp yum :)

I do like sweet and fruity with a bit of cream the only problem is a few scents I have tried that have cream in can be very buttery.

I had a bottle of sugar skull when I first got into bpal it was an old one and to me it smells like rum rich brownsugary rum it was nice but a bit boozy maybe a fresh bottle would be less boozy?

One of the Sugar Skull years (I think it was 2006?) was quite caramelly... but 2007 and 2008 IMO were quite a bit more sugary fruit than brown sugar or caramel.

Candy Phoenix! One of my very favorites :wub2:

A dusky, yet effervescent mix of pomegranate and black currant candies, with a dusting of sugared pear and white apple.