Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

This is a slightly smoky, dark vanilla layered with something sweet (tonka?). I get little leather, tobacco, or rum, thankfully. This is a sexy, naughty but sweet scent. I love it!

EDIT: Revisiting this years later and its still mostly the same. It's all tonka in a super rich, sweet vanilla-esque scent with just a hint of complexity. A little too straightforward for me nowadays, but definitely still something I would wear.

Edited by delighted

I've wanted to try this since I found BPAL, and the labbies were generous enough to frimp me with it! Hopefully the booze doesn't ruin it for me..

Initial Smell from Imp: It's sweet..it almost smells like wine. I don't mind it; at least it's not rum.

Wet: Sort of sour-sweet, but not bad sour. Sour like wine. Seems to be a recurring theme here..

Dry: I can barely smell it. I think my skin ate it.. It's very sweet, but not cloying. I like it! No booze anymore! If only Love Me weren't wafting over from my other wrist, I think I'd like it even more. I'll retest it later by itself and edit this review.

Out of 10: For now, 7

Gorgeous. The vanilla and coconut blend well, neither is overpowering. The coconut adds soft, sensual sweetness. Its light and strong at the same time, sensual and I can't stop smelling my wrist. I love it. As I keep smelling, the leather definitely comes out and balances the sweetness of the coconut. I think its amazing, I might want a 5ML of this.

In the vial: Boozy, sweet coconut & leather

Wet: This is very sweet. Smell like extremely sweet leather.

Dry: Fruity leather.

Overall: I really like this! This is a dark, fruity leather scent that makes me can't seem to stop sniffing my wrists.

In the imp: Definitely picking up the rum and tobacco, backed by the sweetness of the tonka

Wet on skin: The chardonnay is lightening the mood of the blend, but also making it really boozy.

Dry on skin: After morphing wildly for about an hour, this blend settles down to sweet rum and chardonnay. I never get any leather, and the tobacco disappears fairly quickly. My skin just loves the boozy notes.

This lasts for more than 8 hours on me, changing greatly in the first hour or so. It'll be a good one to reach for when I want a rum scent.

Bottle: Rum, tobacco, and tonka.

Wet: Chardonnay comes out to play and lightens the blend. Other than that, everything blends so nicely that I can't really pick the notes out. It smells like sweet, leathery tobacco smoke; a dry scent. "Perversion" isn't really coming to mind, though. It's more of a sensual blend than sexy/perverse.

Dry: NOW it's finally turning sexy/perverse on me. Sweet tobacco and leather. If you like tobacco scents, you should really check this scent out. I'm not getting the coconut others have experienced at all here. That's definitely tonka.

1 hour: Little to no change. This scent gently fades away rather than morphs.

I hopped into bed about three hours after I put this long, so I'm not completely certain about wearlength. But it was still going steady three hours in. I'd like to try more tobacco scents before I order a bottle of one, but I'm really tempted to just jump the gun on this one.

This is one of my favorite BPAL blends so far. It goes on as a bright, vaguely alcoholic leather... and then as it dries, it turns darker, with notes of coffee (must be the tonka) and sweetness. I can't stop sniffing my wrist!

Imp: A bit odd. Sour wine and tonka.

Wet: Right. Chardonnay. White wine is never the greatest on my skin. Warm tonka, touch of tobacco and a wee little whiff o' leather.

Dry: This dries down to sort of a kinky coconut. The chardonnay is present but so faint that it can't do it's usual weirdness on me. I get a hint of the leather. It smells... well, "kinky coconut" is probably the best way to describe it. Definitely sexy and a little sensual but with a bit of vulnerability around the edge.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: It's grown on me. I used to never be a fan of Perversion but the more I test it the more I actually like it. Oddly as a more comfortable/summer sort of scent than an actual sexy scent but them's the ropes.

I didn't expect to love this one, but I do. On me it's mostly sweet and warm, the tonka and chardonnay in the forefront, with the leather and tobacco in the background giving it a nice edgy bite. I don't get "perverted" from this so much as sexy, slinky and sparkling-- it's a great night-out scent, or for anytime I need to feel confident and in control.

Great throw and lasts for ages, too-- I put it on in the morning yesterday and it was still going strong around 8 pm. My full bottle's on its way.

I love Perversion! It's so creamy but with a twist. This is not gourmand, but it tastes yummy. Leather note gives it an edge and the booze note is very subtle. It's mostly dark coconut and smokey vanilla scent.

A friend of mine always says it smells like a very expensive car with leather seats and coconut car freshner after it's been lying in the sun for a while. :huh:

It's perversely good, but a fetish ball is not my first association. Maybe a voodoo surf beach party ;)

5/5, definitely bottle-worthy. + gets better with age, very smooth.

Vial: Oh yeah, definitely rum, vanilla-y tonka and tobacco.

On: Ewwwww, cheap liqueur! Dry dry dry to something nicer! Hm... the booze tames down a bit as it dries, but so far, it's still far from a winner. I get no leather, it's strong booze, tonka and tobacco. At complete drydown, I mainly have tonka with a slight zing... reminds me of vanilla-flavored pipe tobacco.

Later: Vanilla-flavored pipe tobacco. Not my thing. Swap.

This review is for an aged (over one year old) bottle of Perversion, i've not tried it fresh.

Wet i definitely get the chardonnay, it's bright a fruity, the leather is trying to peek out.

Once dry this is an incredibly warm, inviting scent. I still get a bit of the rum, but primarily i get the warm muskyiness of the leather, and the soft sweetness of tonka and tobacco. This blend really doesn't say "perversion" to me. I would say it's a very sensual scent (perhaps too soft to be overtly sexy), more made for snuggling in front of a fire than going to a fetish ball :wub2:

I remember liking this when I first got the imp and I put it away with the rest of my imps where it laid untouched for probably around a year.

I pulled it out and slathered it yesterday thinking that leather and chardonnay sounded divine. HUGE mistake. I had a massive headache for the rest of the day. I'm now convinced that I can't do the rum note, or maybe tobacco, since Elegba triggered the same sort of carsick-air-freshener feeling in me. Just thinking about it now makes me nauseous. :ugh:

Holy tubular Tuesday, Batman...this is p-r-o-v-o-c-a-t-i-v-e. Perversion is the seductive non-butch sister of DeSade that a woman can totally wear, and how. The booze drenches the leather in intoxication, the tonka gives it tempting lusciousness and the smoke throws a veil of mystery over it. All in all, it's smoky, spicy leather with just the right splash of booze perfect for a night out...or in :twisted: . Dirty, sexy and downright delicious; definitely getting a bottle after all the Yule madness has died down!

Edited by Invidiana

This morning I did my usual stumble-thru-the-bpal-box and came across Perversion. This imp has been with me for a long time without being properly tested, so I decided to give it a go.

Fresh on, its Sour Sour Sour! Sour white wine with something darkening it a bit. Yuck.

As it dries, the sour fades and something sweet & a little creamy (tonka?) come out. The white wine is still there, slightly dry & fruity (no 2 buck chuck, this). The same tobacco that's in Elegba has a supporting role. It darkens as it dries (on me, anyway). All in all, its a very different scent. I may have to get a bottle, depending on final dry down.

eta: I wore this to a fancy Christmas party this past year with sexy black pants & a shiny silver top - glittery & glam-y. This scent was perfect! White wine with a creamy background and a little hint of tobacco. Very sexy!!!

Edited by surlygurl

This is beautiful. Out of the imp I get the wine and rum notes. When applied the tonka, tobacco and leather come out to make this a beautiful, smooth, creamy spicy scent. It's feminine and comfortable but with the right note of danger.

The leather in this suits me so much better than De Sade. This lasts on me quite nicely too.

I need a 5ml of this ASAP. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

Wet: Coconut and tobacco.

Dry-down: The alcohol and vanilla appears. Well, vanilla and tobacco stay really close to the skin, and the coconut and alcohol are just... floating around me in a cloud of scent. It's wonderful and kind of naughty.

Dry: Tobacco, and a wee bit of vanilla and coconut. It's mostly tobacco at this point, but rounded out by a nice amount of sweetness which I personally find to be quite awesome.

My brother's opinion: *thumbs up*

Of all the imps in my first order, I wanted this one to work the most (especially since the majority of them were for my husband -- I'm on a mission!)... however, as of right now, it's just not working out as well as I'd hoped. Out of the bottle, it's absolutely lovely, with the leather and tobacco holding down the tonka, but apparently I amp the hell out of rum and tonka, for it's all I can smell on me. Within a half-hour, I go from boozy vanilla headache to strong, powdery rum. It takes between two to three hours for the scent to transform into this wonderful pipe tobacco scent, and while it lasts a long while, I don't know if I can make it through that powdered rum phase to get to that.

I'd say I'd let it age, but it seems that my kid's gone and hidden it from me. I worry more about her becoming a BPAL addict than myself, to be honest. :P

Frimp in one of my orders.

I tested this with some trepidation; I love leather notes but the lab's has been iffy on me. It ping pongs between being drool worthy or me shrieking that I must wash it off, wash it off NOW!!! Fortunately, Perversion decided to be nice!

In the vial, I get a very sweet wine note; I suspect that this is the chardonnay, as I immediately pictured white wine. Wet, I get the wine note, with tobacco, leather, and possibly the tonka emerging. This is where things could have gotten very ugly; I sometimes amp booze notes into wino territory, leather doesn't always want to play nice, and tobacco on some very rare occasions goes ashtray. This could have been a disaster of perfect storm proportions . . . and yet all the notes behaved themselves! I guess this is an example of bad notes canceling each other out.

During the drydown, the scent stayed pretty much the same as the wet stage but with a vague fruity note emerging. Dry, this was sweet wine with touches of tobacco and leather. It's very light and . . . spring-like.

I like this quite a bit! Perhaps the perverse nature of this oil is that you *think* you'll be getting something dark and extremely sexual but instead end up with a cozy but sensual fragrance. Going on the potential bottle list!

Edited for grammar issues

Edited by Kejiaron

In the imp: Leather, chardonnay, smoke.

Wet on skin: The smoke is more apparent, backed up with a bit of leather, sweet booze and some coconut (?).

Dry on skin: Very well-blended, good throw. I get whiffs of sweet booze, tobacco, fruits and incense smoke on my skin. Deliciously decadent!

Final thoughts: I can't believe how long I've waited to try this! I'd like to believe that I wasn't ready just yet, but, honestly, it's the fear of the chardonnay that has kept me from trying it (I was afraid it would turn to grape kool-aid on my skin). The drydown is so amazing that this one is going on my bottles list.

ETA: The bottle I bought smells more like rum and I almost get no leather. Aging makes a good difference!

Edited by CreamyJade

Ummm, ok. So I guess I'm the only person on the planet who was repulsed by this.

All signs said I would like it, but I got an aged imo of it in a swap and...No. just...No.

When I put it on, it smelled just like sour pickles. After too long, that faded. But I was unimpressed by the drydown. I got a bit of leather which was ok, but I'm not gonna waste anymore of this on myself when so many other people seem to love it. Swaperoo!

decanted about a month ago and received as a trade.

in the imp: wow okay i'm not sure why but i was thinking that this was supposed to be fruit-sweet. it smells like leather and herbs

wet: more leather and herbs. where's the fruit? (now that i see the note list there's no fruit because well there's not supposed to be. i'm not sure what it was that i was actually thinking about).

dry: sweeter but still leather and incense. i'm getting a patch vibe. slight, very slight, booze note with a touch of vanilla. it smells like the notes underneath the fig in nephilim which is a blend that i love too.

In the imp: tobacco and something boozy and a little leather

wet: A lot of tobacco and some vanilla, but not a lot. But it's not smelling good with my chemistry....

Dry: Wax. Why my skin turn many scents to candle wax is beyond me. :rantrave:

I shouldn't like this but I LOVE it! I didn't read the description until after I tried it, and now I feel naughty for liking it.

Mostly getting sweet vanilla coconutiness (which I strangely like - I guess it's artificial coconut that I dislike, this coconut is a win). Knowing the notes, I can pick out a touch of tobacco and rum, a bit of leather I guess. Which is bad, I'm technically a minor and ought not to be smelling like tobacco and alcohol! (Plus I'm a good nerd girl who stays home studying all the time.) But I don't care at this point, I love this scent. Despite all odds, it's amazing. It must be the tonka! (Must get more scents with tonka!)

Edited by freznow

I get a soft chocolate here. Maybe that's the sweetness against the leather. This is pleasant, warm and a little spicy, and not the least bit naughty on me.