Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

My first impression of Perversion wasn't so great. The initial whiff from the vial of the imps ear was incredibly too strong, and I thought my head/sinuses wer going to explode instantly as my "sniffer" is really rather sensitive.

However, I took a chance and put just a little bit on. While it was still wet it didn't do much for me, but the moment it dried I was heaven. I could smell the black tobacco and it really reminded me nights when my father would invite friends from work home and they'd have "choir practice," which is where they would all sit around outside and drink and smoke the expensive cigars the had bought.

And then the rum. Mm, it's mix with the tobacco was perfect. I definitely love this one. I don't smell the coconut too much it's light lace under, which is good as I'm not much of a coconut fan.

I absolutely love this after about 20-30 min but after an hour it drys down to something ok but nothing to write home about. But 20-30 min in it's like coconut & brandy with a hint of pipe tobacco. If I could find a scent that stayed like that on me I would buy a gallon. if you know of one please pm me !!

Edited by jsn

tobaccoey goodness. yum.

Wet: I smell coconut and chocolate, although I don't think either are in there!! But it just smells gorgeous.

on skin: it puts me in a devilish mood!! the Chardonnay and Tonka mix perfectly to create a sensual, warm fragrance.

Drydown: BETTER than wet - dirty, it reminds me immediately of red.

I'm getting a bit scared that this new shipment is going to cost me a lot more than I had thought!!! WOOT!

Rum, tobacco, and leather AND a glass of chardonnay thrown in?! I was all over this and ordered it as part of my very first BPAL. Ummmm ... all I got was little old lady. The kind dressed in a floral housedress who bakes cookies. Ick.

In the imp: Soft smooth creamy rum and coconut.

Wet: Soft leather, smoke and coconut. Surprisingly light and sweet - I imagined perversion to be a much darker scent!

Drydown: The leather, tobacco and smoke start to dominate, but the coconut and now tonka are still very much present underneath. It's still far softer, sweeter and subdued than I imagined.

Dry: Soft smooth smoky leather and tonka with a touch of coconut and chardonnay. I don't think the chardonnay is quite working on me, there's a slight sour note in the background and I've never had a problem with any of the other notes in this. It's not bad mind you, as it's very much in the background. It's got some soft sweet throw which is beautiful.

Except for that slightly sour note, this is delightful even if it was nothing like I expected! It has surprisingly good last considering it is quite soft on me. I put it on last night and I could still smell it softly on my wrists this morning.

Not what I expected either! I got an imp just out of curiosity, positive that not one of the notes would work on me...and by dern, the blend is marvy. Just sneaks up and takes ya prisoner. [/bad metaphor] :P The tonka and rum are the main notes on me, but not in a boozy way, more a pleasantly spicy-sweet way. Very nice.

Even though this blend is highly touted as one of the classics, I never got around to trying it. It was the leather and chardonnay that put me off. I'm not into leather and wine notes. On testing it, though, I'm finding out why it's so well loved. The leather and tonka blend into something thick, warm, and sexy. The chardonnay stays a bit grape-y in my locket, but on my skin it just adds some complementary sweetness. The rum gives it more depth, there's something very sugar cane-y, rather than just boozy. I've tried it, and now I get why it's so popular. Very, very sexy.

IN THE BOTTLE: Vanilla, mostly. This could be iffy. I don't do well with food-based scents.

WET ON SKIN: Vanilla and rum, with a hint of smoke. And ... it smells REALLY GOOD.

DRYDOWN: Smoky leather, rum and tobacco.

DRY: My late grandfather's pipe. *sniffle*

OVERALL: We have a winner! I never did get the chardonnay to come out, but that's all right. I really really like this one. For a scent called Perversion, I find it very warm and comforting, but that's probably from the scent-memory called up by the smell of pipe tobacco. Just lovely, I may have to buy a full bottle.

My first review, and I'm definitely not experienced with scents, but can I say "For the love of God!"?

This is amazing. Incredible.

I can almost taste every single note as I sniff my wrists like a madwoman.

I am a HUGE coconut fan, and tobacco and leather are other favorite notes. They all mix so sinfully well, it's very indulgent and bawdy, perfectly devious.

For me, this totally rocks.

I just spent $300 on an order today (after a $60 order yesterday), so I guess I should take it easy on orders for a week or two, but it will definitely be my next 5ml.

I wish it stayed on longer. I'm applying with the applicator wand in the imp, and trying to use it sparingly, but find it only lasts a couple of hours on me.

Edited by MissTaken

I liked this one straight out of the bottle. It smells like sophisticated and vaguely debauched Victorian gentleman. It smells like warm study with a sweet overlay. It's a definite scent cousin to Dorian and Shadwell. The tonka bean is present, but relatively week for those who aren't fond of it.

I'm pretty new to the forum (first review here), but so far this is my favorite scent!

I didn't get any coconut, just an underlying sweetness that reminded me of vanilla, but not as sugary. The leather, rum, and tobacco blend on my skin to smell simply warm and comfortable--makes me think of lying naked on a bearskin rug (though I would never own one!). And this lasted forever--which was WONDERFUL.

I've told my hubby I'm wearing this when he gets back from his deployment--not that he'll notice then. :P Just gives me an excuse to wear it again later. Just an imp for now, but I've a feeling that won't last long...

Not crazy about this in the imp. The chardonnay is too strong, and I'm not fond of overly boozy scents. When it first goes on, though, this becomes a sweetly spiced smoky scent that I enjoy...for about ten minutes. After drydown, Perversion turns into the local pool hall's back room, where everyone who knows they're not supposed to smoke inside smokes anyway because that's where the sheriff likes to chomp down on his favorite brand of cheap cigars, and they all wash down the cigarette ash with peach schnapps. :P I'm glad to have tried this one but definitely do not want to keep it.

Edited by angharad

imp: musky, grapey scent (resin?)

wet: wine with a little spice

dry: leather?

Color me purple with surprise! By the list of notes this should by all rights be a giant, pulpy, disgusting mess on me. Rum? Leather? Wine? No freaking way. Two nights ago I dreamed that I smelled this on a friend and it was creamy and sweet and delicious. So I took it from the pile today intending to send it to her, but decided to give it a test run first.

As it dried, it teetered on the edge of sour, I think from the leather...but the drydown is so good...the grapey wine note is good on me for once, and the tonka comes up - this is creamy, a little sweet and very smooth. I really like this! Wow.

Edited by maribouquet

This is SO hot! I LOVE, lovelovelove this one!!!! On me tonka along with rum really takes center stage and yum, yum, yum, it is good! Leather takes second place and then the chardonnay, and tobacco remain firmly in the background just hanging out and lending some extra debauch and innuendo to this blend. This is one of the best things I have ever smelled. I NEED a big bottle of this AND the soap ASAP!!!

1-5 rating = 10+

:P :D

Aged Perversion is divine. Seriously. I got it as a frimp two years ago and there was something really off about it (I don't remember what, but my mother and I really didn't like it) until late in the drydown, when it reminded my mother of the smell of one of her grandmother's wooden boxes. I put the imp away, wearing it occasionally, and liking it more and more. I am guessing that the tobacco's part of the reason that I like it now more than before- it took a long time before I could wear Herr Drosselmeyer (though I suspect the cypress I smelled in it had to do with that as well). A few months ago the tonka had come out more and now it's all melded together perfectly. Maybe because my mother tied the scent to a mental image of a box, I do think of pale, glossy wood with a beautiful grain when I wear Perversion. This is a really wonderful oil.

The first time I wore this, all I could smell was cloyingly sweet coconuts. The scent made me think of suntan oil and my mother, which really did not fit with my expectations based on the description (particularly since coconut isn't even listed). I considered snipping off the label and giving the imp to my mom, but something made me give it a try a week or so later. The coconut scent still popped out front and center, but after time the tobacco note became more pronounced, making it smell like coconut-flavored pipe tobacco. Although still very sweet, it was much mellower and really grew on me.

If tweed had a scent, this would be it.

ETA: Very interesting. I obtained a second imp of this from the Lab, and it's very different from the first. The tobacco scent is far more pronounced, and the coconuts are absent. Both imps were purchased directly from the Lab, and I've aged them both for a couple of months. The first one is still decidedly coconutty, and the second one is decidedly not. So apparently there is a fairly pronounced batch variation.

Edited by Apple

I was taking a car trip at night and grabbed this imp, name unseen, to apply perfume to while away the driving hours.

Well. Without knowing any of the notes in this I fell insanely in love with this. I had to come home and look them up. On me it is all rum and tobacco and sweet in an evil, not-cloying sort of a way. I can smell the leather notes as this one dries down, and an oaky note that I think is the chardonnay.

I don't get any smoke notes at all from this one. The tobacco is definitely unburnt here.

Average wear length, good throw.

Bottle: Rum and perfume

Wet: Rum, tabacco and chardonnay. I'm impressed, this is lighter than I thought it would be! It's very sweet and not smoky like I thought it would be!

Drydown: This is very fresh and light. I'd say it's a good daytime into night time fragrance.

3.5 outta 5

i would not have picked this out on my own and i am so glad i got frimped with it. this is what i think of as a grown-up, late night "going out" scent. something i would wear with a black dress to an elegant soiree. the tonka and rum and chardonnay could have gotten overly sweet but the leather keeps it in check. later on the smokey tobacco really comes out to play. perversion is dark and wonderful.

:D

i want to do my arm.

picture: dark red satin sheets, candlelit room... low bedside table holds abandoned glasses of rum and clear white wine, and a recently used Absolution massage bar (from Lush- it smells like tonka). littered across the floor are various toys and restraints, made of soft leather, and the exhausted perverts share a cigarette on the balconey.

wet: leather, wine, tonka.

dry: still leather, with rum and tobacco emerging. at first coconut had no say in this, either in the imp or on my arm, but after about an hour it came out to gently massage the welts left by leather and rum. after about two hours, the coconut was awfully soft and the chardonnay and tonka were much more present, as was the tabacco.

dry and old: almost all tonka and coconut rum. very soft, like cuddling after a particularly rough session.

i'll have to be careful with this, maybe try it on the boy. it seriously kind of made me violent. :P

This is one that has grown on me.. I always liked it, but over the last few days I have decided that its going in my top scents now.

In the Bottle: Leather, tonka

On: At first it smells sort of sharp on me.. it reminds me of a tart white wine (so probably the chardonnay) with a sort of smokey background.

Later: It smells warm and the coconut and tobacco have made themselves known to me, its soft and kind of comforting..

I love this! I want a bottle now!

I wore it to bed last night and woke up smelling lovely, and my sheet also smell lovely.

Its warm, comforting and just a little kinky.

At least 4/5 probably 4.5/5

I love when I put something on and start smelling obsessively, "what IS that???", and then I make my way to the thread, read the notes and go "OOOHHHhhhh....." :P

In this case, after sniffing and making funny thinky faces, I came here and went, "OOHHHhhh, Chardonnay!" That's what I'm mostly getting out of this one. Chardonnay, and smoke, like I'm getting drunk at a fancy party with a dirty pirate, or something. Interesting, but not me.

What an interesting fragrance.

It smells like an expensive tobacco shop. It's a wonderful, full, enigmatic scent. It's a wee bit sweet for me--this is something i'd have to wear in my hair where i"d only catch occasional whiffs of it, not on my hands where I'd catch the scent all the time.

And it certainly isn't something I would wear often, but it's really a masterful scent, and something I will enjoy wearing on an occasional raunchy night out :P

I hate the smell of tobacco. I really can't stand it, so there's no way I'll wear this scent.

When it's done smelling like tobacco, it smells like a nice hot toddy, all that vanilla and rum. But it's too foody for me. Off to the swaps.