Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
GypsyRoseRed

Ignis Massage Oil

In alchemy, the archetype of fire represents activity and transformation. Our blend of ylang ylang, patchouli, sandalwood, myrrh, palmarosa, and King mandarin personifies this classical element, and expresses itself through the stimulation of your sexual energy. This massage oil inspires passion, relaxes inhibitions, and instills you with a sense of power and magnetism.

Almond oil, refined rice bran oil, fractionated coconut, rosehip seed oil, evening primrose, vitamin E, Cananga odorata, Pogostemon patchouli, Santalum spicatum, Commiphora myrrha, Cymbopogon martini, Citrus deliciosa/reticulate, Citrus sinensis, Myristica fragrans, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oil blends.

I just got my bottle today, and it's to die for. Before I get into the oil itself, the packaging is worth mentioning. The dark amber/brown plastic bottle is sturdy, the black flip lid doesn't let out a flood of oil (just the right amount), and the label is slick looking and pretty. Now, the oil itself has a great texture. Not too greasy and slippery - I rubbed it on my arms, and my skin is soft, scented and shimmery - but not greasy! The scent itself is wonderful. Mostly I can pick out the ylang ylang and King Mandarin, but the citrus seems 'darker' and more fiery than bright and juicy, so I know that's the patchouli at work. It sure smells sexy, and I'd use this as an everyday moisturizing oil for sure since I have dry skin. Maybe BPTP could bring out a scent to match? :P

i got the massage oil in the fire element because a. i'm an aries and b. tend to like spicy sorts of scents. the scent is very nice, i think i mostly get sandalwood and king mandarin with a hint of patchouli. the consistency is nice-it's thin and silky and soaks right into the skin nicely. after trying this one, i definitely want to try some of the other scents now!

As an Aries I had high expectations for this one since it represents the archetype of fire. I even bought the eight ounce bottle because I had a feeling it would be a perfect fit. And though I only have this one and Terrae, I am certain this is going to be my favorite.

This is spicy, fierce, and very sensual. It has a lovely balance of notes. The brightness of the citrus and spices form a vibrant peak for the more languid ylang ylang. Even the patchouli adds another dimension, and feels earthy and grounding. The fragrance just glows, and I love it.

The texture is so gorgeous. It just glides across skin without any sticky, greasy, or tacky feeling. It can be worked into the skin so easily, and sinks in without leaving a film. It is not overly slippery either. Perfect for massages, but is also a lovely skin moisturizer. And the feeling I get from using this is very different than what I feel using Terrae. Ignis made me feel more energetic and intense.

I think the bottle is great too. Solid and sturdy so I don't have to worry about dropping it with oil-covered hands. The label is majestic too.

......And it's funny because I would have never expected to be a fan of massage oils. I am not a fan of them in general and I didn't think I would ever use them often enough to warrant buying a quality brand. These have changed my mind completely. I use them every single day.

IGNIS

Ignis is a remarkable massage oil with a beautiful fire scent. It calls on the fire archetype with fervor, power, passion, and energy. I find it to be empowering and sexual in nature.

This is such a lovely medley of scent. It starts with a strong blast of patchouli and myrrh, but right after that I smell a bright note of ylang ylang and mandarin. The mandarin really lends a nice touch to the patchouli aspect of this and the sandalwood is really pretty. The scent of Ignis calls to mind deep red and orange hues. Glowing. Flickering.

I am so impressed by each and every one of the elemental massage oils. I can't even pick a favorite because each one is so beautiful, so complete, and wraps me up in the essence and mood of its element.

This is hands down the best massage oil ever. It is so freaky sexy. And the way it melts into the skin slowly is FABULOUS!!! It allows for a very nice long massage without vanishing into the skin right away like most oils do. My husband loves it and wants to buy a lifetime supply of it. The scent is very sexy as well with the dominant notes being ylang ylang and mandarin. The patchouli and snadalwood provide an earthier side to the scent and give it a darker edge. The myrrh is resinous and velvety. A gorgeous scent.

I can't wait to try the other oils now. Major kudos to the lab!!!

Ignus - I didn't think I could find a scent more spectacular than Aquae...until I tried Ignus. What an amazing scent! Along with Aquae, it's one of my two favorite scents ever and I wish it came in perfume oil form! I made the mistake of putting this on right before bed when I needed to sleep. I'll never do that again! This is a bright, fiery, and invigorating scent -- one that will will you up in the morning, keep you up all day, and is only appropriate for a night spent in bed with no intention of sleeping. This is predominantly a myrrh, sandalwood, and mandarin scent on me. The notes blend gorgeously. As with the other massage oils, the oil is smooth and non-greasy and wonderful used as a body fragrance. I just wish the scent lasted all day. I also wish I could get my soap, shower gel, shampoo, dog's shampoo, etc. to smell like this!

i have to preface by mentioning that the massage oils are highly and beautifully scented!!

honestly, this could be your "scent" for the day :D

after taking a nice bath i gave myself a lovely leg/foot massage with this incredible oil...

everything is blended so perfectly and of the highest quality...i was actually fearful this

would be too perfumey because of the ylang-ylang but i was very much mistaken...this

has a chic headshoppe thing going on...i love it beyond words :P

This is not a very developed review, as I don't get to use this one all that often! (TKO massage oil has taken over my soul and/or life.) But the scent of this oil is so beautiful and warm; the minute I opened and sniffed my decant of it, I was overjoyed. Which was rather amusing, since I'm very much an Earthy type person and Terrae might hold second place to this one. :P

It reminds me of the smell of violin rosin! <3 I've played since I was very young and nothing relaxes me more than playing music, so this is really fabulous. Every time I sniff it or just rub a little bit on myself, it gives me a huge boost. Extremely well done, I think!

Ignis

In bottle: ylang-ylang and patchouli with a bit of mandarin.

On skin: mmm, this is a very warm scent, warm and soothing, not hot and flaming, not full of spice, but a flickering, seductive flame, entrancing and pulling you in. the ylang is the dominant note, not a sharp ylang but a soft, sweet one with a hint of sexy headiness. It reminds me of Seduction, but here there are other notes to deepen and enhance the ylang. I can smell lots of myrrh now, smells just like my myrrh essential oil, and also a hint of patchouli. I smell a hint of citrus from the mandarin, and a lemony-herbal palmarosa scent, and a lovely warm soft spice from the clove. Over time I get a hint of smoke-not too much but just enough to add a hint of incense to the scent, but the mandarin note also becomes brighter and more sparkly, a zingy citrus over a seductive floral-spice incense. Gorgeous! I don’t feel the need to use this oil for it’s seductive purposes right now (I have no man to give me a sensual massage at the moment…) but it is my favourite of the oils. Probably because I’m a fire sign. But I love the spicy-resinous-citrus scent and the way the oil makes my skin feel.

I seem to be in the minority with not loving the smell of this one (even my boy really likes the fragrance). I get a bright orange citrus, a sharp little bite from the ylang ylang and a hint of grounding earthiness from the patchouli. And this somehow comes off as glowing red, sensual, and warm. Perhaps I get a dry spiciness that makes me think of clove as well (dry, spiced myrrh?). Mostly, though, I can smell the mandarin and ylang ylang, and I think that I favor more of a juicy, sweet, cooling citrus, so the warmth and dry/herbal complexity of Ignis doesn't appeal to me as much. In any case, the texture of this is still fantastic for a massage, and my boy really loves it, so I'm sure we'll have no problem using it up :P. My boy has an Ignis back massage in his future.

This smells like patchouli, sandalwood and myrrh to me. It's a dry, warm scent.

I don't have a lot of experience with massage oils so I can't really compare the texture to others, but I find that it works really well. Not much is required but it's not overly greasy.

The scent is extremely strong, I might try diluting it a bit next time.

Mmmm, awesome. The scent is mostly citrus, with a darker aspect from the patchouli. Very nice and not overwhelming in use. The oil has an excellent consistency and doesn't leave the skin too greasy or slippery. The cap dispenses small drops, just the right amount.

And it does what it says on the tin, with regard to inspiring passion. :P

Looking forwards to this oil the most as I am a fire sign. Great texture, slip.

This is a spicy, deeper grounded scent along the lines of Terrae, there's the smoky myrrh and patchouli but this oil warms a bit when it strikes the skin and has a spicier tone to it. There's lemon-that-is-not-lemon (hallo palmarosa!) which amps over time and in the end I get a slightly lemony myrrh with a hint of depth.

I'm actually not horrifically head over heels in love, but lemon/palmarosa scents don't play well on me. Overall this is a pleasant, warm, smoky blend. Definitely smoldering with flame.

I ordered a bottle of this recently as my boy loves giving me massages! :yum:

Anyway, we both love it!! I definitely smell a spicy orange that is perfect. He normally doesn't like smelly things, but he certainly loves Ignis! Mmmmm! As a massage oil, it is awesome! A perfect consistency and is leaves the skin feeling wonderful and soft. Not too oily either! Definitely loving it!

wowza! this smells like pure Ylang Ylang on my skin :heart:

it is very soft and makes your skin glow, very nice to use on legs I suppose

I love this, the scent is very summerish :laugh:

I can also smell the Palmarosa and Myrrh which are truly amazing on the background!

At first, this smells like citronella bug spray. It morphs to something extremely unpleasant. I thought maybe something had gone 'bad' in the blend, it really was quite rank, like someone hadn't washed in awhile. :blush: This quickly disappeared, thankfully, and we're left with a light, citrussy blend. I'll probably used up the imp for moisturizing, as I love the lab oils for this purpose!

Got this as a decant with my Santa package from fairynymph; thanks again!

In the decant, I get orange, and wood. On my skin, the myrrh, patchouli, and wood all amp with an orange wood polish undernote for a world of no on me. Stupid death notes. Swaps/sales.

Ylang ylang is the most dominant note with a hint of mandarin, and there is some floral spice in the background.

Mmm.

In the bottle: This smells dangerous. It's dirty patchouli and myrrh, with a woody undertone and a squeezing of tart citrus to shake it up a bit.

On skin: I love, love, love this. So does my husband. It's intense, with a huge throw that perfumes the whole room. It's warming, but somehow managing to be so without any cinnamon or any other spicy nuances. Even the sandalwood, so often cold or sour on me, seems warm in this blend. I never get any floral at all, but take it on faith that it's there.

Dry on skin: My skin stays moisturized for hours after using this. The longer it's on, the more myrrh-like it gets; it's the sweet kind of myrrh, not the smoky or dark kind. But it's so incendiary, I have to restrict my use of it to private grownup time. I can also smell it on the bedsheets for three days afterward! :yum:

Bottle: Strong citrus with a backing of palmarosa and patchouli.

Wet: Smells like peeling a mandarin in a headshop. The palmarosa is really, really strong in this. A few more of the elements are creeping around the edges, but nothing really distinct.

Dry: This is super crazy headshoppy on me. It's still mainly citrus and palmarosa very faintly grounded by the patchouli and sandalwood. Hardly get any myrhh. It kind of reminds me of a dirty version of Bio Oil--that oil that comes in the pink bottle for scars and stretch marks. I really like the scent of Bio Oil so this is a plus. The longer I wear it, the more the ylang ylang comes out. It's kind of interesting in a way because it's actually one of the more clearly aromatherapy-oriented blends I've ever smelled from BPTP or BPAL. The combo of palmarosa and ylang ylang reminds me a lot of previous aromatherapy oils I've used in the past.

In terms of texture, this is a fairly silky oil and actually smoothes into my skin very quickly. I use it usually during the dryest, coldest months, so that may just be an environmental side effect, rather than a commentary on the actual nature of the oil.

Throw: Really, really strong.

Overall: This smells kind of theraputic to me, but in a hippie-ish sort of way. My boyfriend loathes strong, patchouli-based scents so the sheer idea of giving him a massage with this is more giggle-inducing than anything. I use it as a moisterizer during the cold, dry months on days when I know I'm going to be at my place and sleeping alone. It reminds me of summer vacations in the southwest US or Vancouver Island. I think it's neat, but since I can't really use this for its intended purpose, I don't think I'll need a second bottle.

Edited by paperrose

Bottle is light yellow in colour. Smells like... Wood. Maybe sandalwood or oakmoss, some incense-note and citrus. It doesnt smell too much man perfume, as I usually think that wood notes smell on me, the citrus lifts it up a lot and gives it a bit more zing! Man, I'm not for incense at all, it just reminds me of these hippie stores full of dragons, crystal balls and – yep, incense. These stores always scared me cause I knew I was gonna have a headache for sure. But I love dragons you see... Oh well! The citrus settles down after a while. Phew! But there is something more here, I dunno if I like it. Palmarosa is grass? And usually smells like rose? Damn you, rose. Yes, it smells a bit like rose and mandarin incense. I abviously amp rose like crazy. Wierd I didn't smell this earlier! Off to sales/swaps my little one.

This is Vixen/Ira Bath Oil as a massage oil. Earthy but lovely, so very good. So happy to have this, as my DH needs a lot of massages...

Not much to add, and I don't have much experience with different massage oils, but this does work well as far as smoothness on the skin and lasts a long time (I tried on the bf). The scent is really nice, I get mostly warm orange with sandalwood and myrrh (the myrrh comes out stronger after a while, yes I basically used this as a perfume today). I love patchouli and many times for me it just fades into a low hum in the background, and that is what's happening here. Overall I enjoy this.