Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

I think I'm as excited about the label art as I am about the scents. Snow Bunny, Snow White, and Rose Red are my favorites so far, just looking at everyone's lovely pictures. *praying that my order comes soon*

Resurrected scents and the BPTP scents have normal labels (as far as I know.)

Snow Moon, Come and See, the Muses and the Phoenixes have custom labels.

Actually, Le Fee Verte (and I am assuming Hellion as well) has a gorgeous custom label. I wish I could post it, but I don't have a digitial camera (and my film camera is currently on the disabled list.)

Macha, I am hoping that Santa brings you a new digital camera! Or batteries or a memory card or whatever it is that's botching up your old one. 'Cause living so close to the Lab, you could be our label picture queen, you know! :P

But seriously, I always do appreciate your "preview" reviews. You never let us down when you get to be the first kid on the block with a new smellie. And when it comes down to it, that's my first priority: how does it smell?

Actually, Le Fee Verte (and I am assuming Hellion as well) has a gorgeous custom label. I wish I could post it, but I don't have a digitial camera (and my film camera is currently on the disabled list.)

Cool. I didn't know if it would or not. I can't wait to see it it!

It's a funny thing about the labels. I mean, more often than not I know what they look like for the simple reason that I designed them (at least that's been the case lately.) But at the same time, seeing the flat version isn't quite the same as what it looks like on the bottle, and I am (usually) NOT the first person to get a final bottle. Often as not, I'm one of the very last -- the Yule orders have been a lovely and much appreciated exception.

Pink Phoenix, Red Phoenix and Snow Moon (and my red walls which make everything look much... warmer.) :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/eli...ven/bottles.jpg

Oh wow, Medici, thank you for posting that! I'm so excited to get my bottles of Pink Phoenix and Snow Moon - that Snow Moon label is gorgeous!

(... how do you like the scents themselves?)

I'd love to see the Come and See label art, too. My Bow and Crown of Conquest won't be coming for a while ... *sigh*

Oh wow, Medici, thank you for posting that! I'm so excited to get my bottles of Pink Phoenix and Snow Moon - that Snow Moon label is gorgeous!

(... how do you like the scents themselves?)

I'd love to see the Come and See label art, too. My Bow and Crown of Conquest won't be coming for a while ... *sigh*

My pleasure. :D

Red Phoenix and I... I haven't decided yet. I'm not a huge musk fan. Pink Phoenix I adore, and Snow Moon I'm on the fence (I swear there's eucalyptus in there. Eucalyptus and pine and it makes me think of Vicks Vap-o-rub even if it doesn't really smell like it.)

Further slathering is required at this point. :P

:jaw drop:

wow! those 2 phoenix are so classy!

:wonders if GC Black Phoenix has a new label to match:

and Snow Moon's sooo shiny!

Wow, the label art seems to get more and more beautiful with every update :P. The Phoenix labels and Snow Moon are just gorgeous. I'm so glad that I ordered all of them. I want a t-shirt or such with the phoenix on it now :D

I lament that I didn't get one of the Phoenixes.... and the labels make it even worse! Gorgeous.

I can't wait to see what Great Sword's label looks like...

Why yes, yes it does. Btw...I believe Beth should take a bow for the three lovely Phoenix labels. I created the logo, but it was her lovely design sensibility that's responsible for the label. So purty.

Why yes, yes it does. Btw...I believe Beth should take a bow for the three lovely Phoenix labels. I created the logo, but it was her lovely design sensibility that's responsible for the label. So purty.

wow! a set of three phoenix blends with three phoenix* on them - how cool

*apparently phoenix doesn't have a plural - after all, there can be only one :P

The Muse bottles are so preeeeeeeeetty...

0008rx85.jpg

I fiddled with the sharpness to try to bring up the detail, even the backgrounds to the labels are subtly and suitably different!

Wrenlet - those bottles are GORGEOUS! Wow - thanks for posting pics. I am eagerly awaiting my bottle of Thaleia *shiver*

Wow, what a neat project, Macha! I love the inspirations you get when you are confined to such a small territory! Great use of space and detail that is delightful! I love the Rat King's claw! That was excellent. The Phoenix's, I am so happy I got red and pink, and happier too that black will have the same label as well.

I really think your artwork is adding so much to the fun and experience of BPALling. I love the ones you did that I bought. You add a great dimension to the scent, bringing in the sense of sight as well as smell.

OK, I do have one wish...I wish we could get tee shirts of our favorite labels. Yes, that is one more person adding more work to an already overworked group of people, and I don't appreciate that any more than anybody else does, but still I felt it needed to be said. Yes, Puddin' has every right to mail himself to Cincinnati, jump out of the box and punch me in the nose for even thinking that, but just put me down as the hedonist I am and let it go that I love your labels and all your artwork.

Posters? Coffee mugs? Bumper stickers? Car air fresheners?*

*Do not laugh at this last one, I did it on my own and got a big laugh out of it in the art circles. "How DARE she?" *snert*

Oh, and I did do bumper stickers, too. So far the guys in Art in America haven't contacted me to tell me that I am as crass as Jeff Koons, but they are just ignoring me; Jean Baudrillard loves his.

Yes, Puddin' has every right to mail himself to Cincinnati, jump out of the box and punch me in the nose for even thinking that...

:P

Speaking of air fresheners, I have a Yankee one in French Vanilla that's nearly scentless. I refresh it with my buttery, foody oils all the time. Does anyone else...? Or am I just a bit crazy...

(Sorry for the hijack! I have to say that I love the Yule labels. Especially Stardust, it looks Art Decoish to me.)

I hope that someone posts pictures of the Come and See bottles. I ordered The Bow & Crown of Conquest last night, but of course that'll take a while.

I love that the new blends are getting special labels! It makes collecting bottles that much more fun for me. I hope that eventually there'll be a label design for each category, like the ones for the Rappaccini's Garden blends.

We just got a new digital camera for Christmas, so now that I have a working camera (!!!) I am able to oblige with photos of Come and See, all the Muses, and the three Phoenix labels.

64336f24.jpg

9b9cc7f0.jpg

ffa174fc.jpg

b5b411bd.jpg

61661ddc.jpg

Aren't they beautiful?!?!! :P