Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

me, josey? naaah... :D

How about "naughty_blaise"? "pervy_blaise" also has a ring to it :D

I'd absolutely *love* a blow-up of LitA, if anyone can provide the pic

(you can take that one whatever what you want :D :P)

The Yemaya bottle looks really pretty (I don't have a digital camera though--sorry =() It has a purple border and a fancy lil T-shaped icon between the name and "Black Phoenix Alchemical Laboratory" flanked by two faint circular icons. I guess this is the old-style TAL bottle? :P

OMG!!!WTFBBQ!! have any of you seen the Beatrice label? :P

I saw a photo of it on Ebay. It's beautiful! Think similar to the artwork on the BPAL site, a shadowy black and white picture of a shady garden full of flowers and plants, and I think there's a peacock in there too. Amazing label!

Are there any pics of the Beatrice label circulating now?...I'm very curious!

Here you go.

Unfortunately, the flash washed it out, so it isn't the best quality photo, but...you get the idea, anyway.

Wow. The 'A Demon in My View' labels are gorgeous. :P Macha's reviews are gorgeous as well. I'm so glad that I have Alone & The City in the Sea on order. Though I already feel the urge to collect all of the bottles now. They're just beautiful.

This is more of a technical "how do you photograph the bottle/label?" question.

I don't know how I managed to get legible pictures of the bottles I posted in this thread- dumb luck, probably. :P

I'm going to be putting some things on eBay in the foreseeable future, and I'd like to post pictures, but every time I try to take a photo of the label, it comes out super-blurry.

Advice? I'm using an HP Photosmart R707 digital camera, if that helps. And it's the same thing I used to take photographs last time, so I can't determine why everything's out of focus.

Thanks!

Silvertree, if I had to guess I'd say it's because you're too close. Most cameras have a "minimum focus distance" -- any closer and they can't focus properly without a special lens. One of the whole reasons that I ended up buying the Nikon I have is because it came out of the box with a 1.5 inch minimum focus distance, which meant I could take photos of miniatures/BPAL/whatever and not have to worry overly much about it going blurry on me. So try keeping the camera several feet away from the bottles, and try to zoom in.

Hope that helps....

:P My camera has a "Micro" feature that reduces the focal length to an inch, so you might check your manual to see if yours has one too! Other than that, I'd recommend taking a pic from farther away using the highest resolution you can, and then blowing up the actual bottle on your computer.

I can't wait to see what the Pumpkin Patch bottles and labels look like. I know they're in transit - I hope that someone posts a pic once they get theirs. I'm dying to see!

Oh - and the A Demon in My View labels are georgrous! Great job - to echo an earlier sentiment - they make me want to get them just for the bottles!

What, they have no labels? :D I hate pumpkins, but of course, if I had a patch on it´s way, I would feel confused. I would still love to see pics. Oh wait. I can use that new smilie... :P Heheh. I wonder what the bottles look like, since it sounded like they would be somewhat special..

Each bottle has a different carved pumpkin on the label and the Black Pheonix Alchemy Lab name: that's it. Once you figure out which one is which, you in theory will be able to keep them seperate, but there is no other indication.

Here are my guesses for the Pumpkin Patch - but I could be totally wrong:

I - Pumpkin with apple cider and mulling spice - Jack'o'lantern with upturned mouth, pointed teeth (the evil-looking one)

II - Pumpkin with cocoa, hazelnut and walnut - Upturned mouth, rectangular teeth (the grinning one)

III - Pumpkin and pomegranate - Cyclops! (uh... the one-eyed one!)

IV - Pumpkin with sandalwood and orris - Downturned eyes and mouth (the spookily sad one)

V - Pumpkin with five woods, English ivy and galangal root - Square teeth, C-shaped eyes (the goofy-looking one)

Other ideas?

I saw actual photos of these on another forum...the Halloween LEs have eyegasmic labels! Beautiful antique halloween postcards. And the Pumpkin Patch bottles are so awesome. Did you do that, Macha? WOW! :P

Antique Halloween postcards???

Squeeeee, I've practically devoted my life to the worship of those! I wish I liked the Samhain scents, but damn my reaction to foody scents! (Still, I have Samhain and Devil's Night on the way...)