Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Soooo ... anyone have pictures of the Yules yet? :)

The Miskatonic Valley scents look pretty much exactly like the previous versions with the green band on top and bottom:

4205650276_4c41b9a1d2.jpg

The general Yules look just like the Halloweenies but with different colors if I am remembering correctly. Maybe the stripes were the other direction? Will call was such a blur! :lol:

Here are the Food & Toy drive bottles:

8242387566_607a2135b3.jpg

Soooo ... anyone have pictures of the Yules yet? :)

The regular Yules seem to have the same labels altogether as the picture on the Lab's site, where it says Yules with the red and green stripes.

Does anyone know which Blue Moon has a label with artwork of the Cat and the Fiddle nursery rhyme on it? I know it's not 2007 or 2009 so it has to be either 2004 or 2012 but I can't figure out which.

Does anyone know which Blue Moon has a label with artwork of the Cat and the Fiddle nursery rhyme on it? I know it's not 2007 or 2009 so it has to be either 2004 or 2012 but I can't figure out which.

Blue Moon 2004 is very rare, so it's probably not that one... and I'm not 100% sure about this, but a couple of Lunacy blends I have from 2004 don't have picture labels - just the old-style white label/black writing, so there's that too :smile:

You've probably got a 2012 Blue Moon - but there was three... a regular Blue Moon, and Blauer Mond (Brian's creation).. and then also the one from Puddin' - Luna Azul :)

Luna Azul had a black bat flying over a moon, so it's not that one...I'm not sure if that's helpful, but I'd say you've got either Beth's Blue Moon or Brian's Blauer Mond - both 2012. I think Blauer Mond has the label you're talking about - maybe look up reviews for those two and see if you can pick which one is yours?

I have Blue Moon 2012 (Beth's version), and that's the label it has. :)

Awesome! Many thanks to both of you! Now I can update my list with the correct notes :wub2:

The 2012 versions are Blue Moon, Blauer Moon, and Luna Azul. The 2009 versions have the year on them (Beth's is the Moon & a Flying Pig, Brian's is the Flying Pig and one of the lab's Goblins.) 2007 has the year on it and a Blue Moon coming over the Horizon. 2004 has the year on it as well and no picture.

Hi!! (I hope this thread is the right place for my questions!)

I was wondering if anyone had insight on dating a few bottles I have. I'm relatively new to BPAL--I found out about it in October at NYCC. Because I've been able to obtain a few bottles from EvilBay and the forum, I've become a little obsessed with dating them to at least a given year. Obviously the limited editions are usually easy, but there are some others I can't figure out. I tried to find when the scents were introduced by going through the "New and Shiny" pages and the reviews, but I couldn't figure out when any possible label changes might have happened. Any and all advice would be awesome in helping me narrow these down!!! (Or even the knowledge that it's impossible to figure out.) ;)

Here is the list that I still wonder about:

From Carnaval Diabolique (when did the Carnaval go dark?)

Mme. Moriarty (2006 - ??)

Zarita, the Doll Girl (2007 - ??)

The Grindhouse (2008 - ??)

The Witch Queen (Neil Gaiman's Stardust) (introduced July 2007)

Cicuta (says HOMO STRIGA across the top) (introduced July 2010)

Tamora (amber bottle, white label with filigree and blue edges to the label)

Lucy's Kiss (amber bottle, white label with filigree and blue edges to the label)

Thank you!!!!!! :wub2:

Hi!! (I hope this thread is the right place for my questions!)

I was wondering if anyone had insight on dating a few bottles I have. I'm relatively new to BPAL--I found out about it in October at NYCC. Because I've been able to obtain a few bottles from EvilBay and the forum, I've become a little obsessed with dating them to at least a given year. Obviously the limited editions are usually easy, but there are some others I can't figure out. I tried to find when the scents were introduced by going through the "New and Shiny" pages and the reviews, but I couldn't figure out when any possible label changes might have happened. Any and all advice would be awesome in helping me narrow these down!!! (Or even the knowledge that it's impossible to figure out.) ;)

Here is the list that I still wonder about:

From Carnaval Diabolique (when did the Carnaval go dark?)

Mme. Moriarty (2006 - ??)

Zarita, the Doll Girl (2007 - ??)

The Grindhouse (2008 - ??)

The Witch Queen (Neil Gaiman's Stardust) (introduced July 2007)

Cicuta (says HOMO STRIGA across the top) (introduced July 2010)

Tamora (amber bottle, white label with filigree and blue edges to the label)

Lucy's Kiss (amber bottle, white label with filigree and blue edges to the label)

Thank you!!!!!! :wub2:

The Carnaval went dark July 1, 2011

(I went to the Announcements thread & did a search for Carnaval & it brought up the relevant posts - I use this all the time!)

There was discussion about the GC label change earlier in this thread - I think the consensus was 2008?

I'm pretty sure Witch Queen was part of the original Stardust release & same with Circuta for the Vampire's Don't Sleep Alone release.

The Carnaval went dark July 1, 2011

(I went to the Announcements thread & did a search for Carnaval & it brought up the relevant posts - I use this all the time!)

There was discussion about the GC label change earlier in this thread - I think the consensus was 2008?

I'm pretty sure Witch Queen was part of the original Stardust release & same with Circuta for the Vampire's Don't Sleep Alone release.

Thank you!! I was scrolling through the pages of the "New and Shiny" section of the BPAL website and couldn't figure it out. I will be using your trick of searching the announcements thread from now on! That didn't even occur to me.

Do all the 2012 Yules Res. have the green & black stripe label, with the text in red?

Does Lick It Softly have a different label from the others?

Hello :)

I'm hoping someone might be able to provide me w/ some info on these bottles. I've only the one bottle of Aziraphale, but the artwork on this bottle of Crowley is unlike any of the others I've ordered from the lab. It also seems to have a slightly more pronounced leather note. Please let me know if the pics don't show up. I'm computer-challenged...

IMG_0507_zpsbd7c85dc.jpg

Also, any idea which year this bottle of Smut is from?

IMG_0556_zps6b0f561b.jpg

Edited by arsinoe9

Hmm... arsinoe9 - are those Good Omens bottles newly ordered? Just wondering, because my bottles of Crowley (the oldest being 2007) have this label:

8460281830_1942636cca_n.jpg

So I'm wondering if the artwork has changed on the Good Omens series?!? And... more leather, you say?

And I *think* that bottle of Smut is 2007 - the '06 and '08 labels had almost the same looking label (b&w photo with red splash) but with slight differences.

Thank you, SSDB. I just knew I could count on you!

I've ordered a few bottles of Crowley from the lab after I received these. They all look like yours. I ordered the bottle of Aziraphale on 02.05.12 from LJ's PARTYLLAMA_LALA and just assumed that's what Aziraphale looks like. Then I received a forum/LJ/eBay bottle of Crowley with the same creepy bird hands. So I'd assume they're older. Which might explain the more pronounced leather note...

Anyhoo... Thanks for your input on Smut as well. My notes said 2006 or 2007. But I wasn't sure.

You're always friendly & helpful & make me happy when you pop in. And I totally stole your black circle labels w/ gold ink idea. It was a really good one :)

awww thank you for the kind words, arsinoe09! :hug:

Hmm.. so that's an old bottle of Crowley then, you think? Curious and curiouser! I thought I was doing well with my aging bottles being from 2007, but now I'm going to have to find some of the one you've got if it's older than that!! :smile:

I would love to know if that's actually the case though (ie that bottle is ooooooooold) so hopefully someone else will be able to confirm!

I would love to know if that's actually the case though (ie that bottle is ooooooooold) so hopefully someone else will be able to confirm!

See, I don't know. I would have assumed a trunk show, or something along those lines. Maybe Etsy, even. Maybe I need to go check Etsy...

And hopefully someone will come along with some more information.

Thanks again, SSDB!