Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

In the bottle: Very fruity, very juicy. Strong, but not overpowering. I can sense a slight floral undertone, but it's mainly juicy fruit, which I'm loving.

Wet: The fruit immediately fades to the background, and the floral notes take over. I'm not as keen on florals, but it's got such a light, lush, fresh scent that I'm still liking it. I wish it was a bit fruiter, perhaps, but it's still working.

Dry: The fruit really fades, and the floral notes bloom. It's perhaps a little too floral now, but it's still a nice and crisp scent.

Staying power: It's lasted about three hours without fading too much, but I'd still want to reapply to keep the same level of scent.

I'll be keeping this--and by this I actually mean that I'll be passing it on to my mum, and then be buying her a 10ml bottle for her birthday. She seriously adores this. She's been sniffing my wrists all evening and gushing over how wonderful the scent it, and how much it reminds her of a perfume she got years ago and really loved. So, whilst it's not my favourite, it's a clear winner for her! Edited by Shollin

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente is a pretty scent, the perfect blend of fruits and florals and a touch of an aquatic note. Unfortunately, it’s too subtle for me, doesn’t last long, and really doesn’t leave much of an impression. I’ll be passing this one on.

I love this one, but I do have one problem with it. Sometimes the pomegranate juice together with the aquatic notes makes it smell a little soapy. I don't care for soapy scents, but this one is great otherwise. A little fruity, but still fresh and different.

First applied it smells sharp and soapy, but it quickly dries down into a soft, pretty, fruity floral scent. The drydown reminds me a lot of Yerevan, possibly due to the pomegranate. I can't pick out any of the individual notes, but I like this one a lot. However it seems similar to a few other scents that I already own so I may be passing it on.

In the imp: This smells like fruit. Almost like pears, but not quite.

On me, wet: Still with the unidentifiable fruit. Now with added booziness! WTF.

On me, dry: The booziness has faded. So has most of the scent.

Verdict: It doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

I just got this as a frimp in my HGM order. I would have never tried this had it not been for the labbies ( :P ), since it has rose in it and I am super wary of rose with other florals. However, this is an amazingly gorgeous scent. On my skin it smells like light juicy fruits, especially white peaches and pomegranite, with a hint of aquatic. No soap, no sharpness. I just might have to get a bottle of this sometime...

this is SO faint and disappears so fast... which is a shame, because its really pretty.

i second the white peaches...and i get something that might be wild white roses or wild pink roses....

before i've even finished trying to decide what all i smell... its gone.

gone faster than Shill, even...

so sad. unless i kept up a constant application, like every 20 minutes, i'd never be able to smell this!

This reminds me of a slightly spicy and peachy applesauce when it's first applied but then it morphs into something more floral and polleny. Which is all very odd since this is nothing like the description (the imp is straight form the lab).

Dang, just... no. This smells like watery fruit tea to me. :P

bottle: fruity and sweet - perfect mix of the peach and melilot

Wet: warm, floral, aquatic.

Dry:purpley autumn fruits - a bit like fig

This is beautiful!

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente-

In Bottle: Oh, my. Clove and cinnamon and apple and the prettiest of florals. This smells delicious, like Halloween!

Wet: A strong floral bloom with just a hint of that apple. Very different from the bottle! Will wait and see.

Dry: A pretty fruit-floral blend. I'm not sure I'll want it a lot, but I think I might try it in scent lockets or sachets.

Overall: Pretty.

In the bottle: Oh dear, pomegranate. Pomegranate hates me.

Wet: Blargh, icky-gross pomegranate. Oh pomegranate, why do you hate me? It comes off all sharp and offensive on me, for some reason, not ripe and juicy like it should.

Drydown: Okay, well, this isn't bad. I think the peach and the rose mellow it out a little bit. I have no idea what myrtle smells like. I like the aquatic and the "autumn breezes," too. Have I at last found a wearable pomegranate blend?

Verdict: The wet stage is just...icky on me, but after it dries down, it becomes sweeter and warmer and just lovely. The peach and the rose are both notes that work on me, so they must be the reason that this actually works on me instead of going all off. I will definitely be keeping this imp.

Hmmm... this one actually smells a bit cool and autumny. I get a soft berry in a cool aquatic with this blend. After the initial drydown, a soft rose emerges and mingles about. Not a bottle buy just yet, but the imp will be staying for awhile.

Seeing as the weather's trying to show us something resembling spring weather today, a sniff of this from the imp felt like the right one to go for this morning... I get a light fruity floral out of this, I can't name the fruits, nor the florals ... it smells like the field where a picnic would be, golden and peachy and green and blue ... a pale floral slip dress with a floppy sun hat ...

Dry on skin, rose pops out a little more with the fruits moving to the background... there's always a BPAL to suit a mood, that's definitely one thing I've picked up! This is a lovely light fruity floral, it's not overwhelming ... my imp will get some use, but I don't see a full bottle purchase from me.

This is just lovely! I got this as a freebie and when I have used the imp I have to get 5 or 10ml of this! I feel so beautiful while wearing this, it is such a beutiful, fresh and innocent scent..

Edited by Unillusia

Wet: Long grass, a faint rose scent, fruit. Not as fruity as Yerevan, though.

Dry: A dry floral with fruit.

Finish: A completely blended scent.

Duration: Still present nose-to-wrist after 4 hours.

Verdict: Nice, but not outstanding and not particularly evocative. It goes to the swap box, where hopefully it will find someone who loves it as it deserves.

Don't worry, I'm not going to be an overkeen newb and review every single thing I've tried, but this is one of the ones I like best so far!

I have no idea what myrtle or melilot smell like, but this is a delicious smell. It goes on really sweet, with an overriding scent of peach, but it settles down into something more sophisticated and rich. I can definitely pick out watery notes, but it's not a cold scent at all.

Recommended!

In the imp it's very promising, very sweet pomegranate juice with peach blossoms.

On my skin it just transforms to a potpourri like fragrance, it reminds me of a crafts store or some sort of potpourri/candle shop. And some baby powder comes out too. I've been noticing that blends with myrtle in it seem to go powdery on me..but I wish I could pinpoint what it was that smells like a cheap candle. Don't like it.

When wet, strong fruit and florals, although I can't say I find the peach. Pretty soon baby powder, and before it even dries the rose takes over. I probably shouldn't even review blends with rose in them as I just can't wear it, but I always think it's worth a go when I encounter a new one.

For someone who can wear rose and likes sweet, light, fruity florals, this would probably work really well.

ohhhhh myyyy god!

i love love love this....

its a deep rose/pomegranate with dusky autumn scents...its so beautifula nd i dont like rose usually!

Bottle: floral, evening-type and sort of general-floral in tone

Wet: growing sweeter, both floral and fruit.

Dry: if I were to put a bouquet of flowers (the ones I smelled when I was visiting my sister in Nashville, not flowers that grow up here) in a vase filled with Pom....that's what this smells like. I can't smell the aquatic note separate form the rest, but I'll be damned if the headache isn't starting anyway. Predictable, unfortunately.

Later: owhurts. owsinuses. ow.

LaBellaDonnaSS.jpg

Imp: sweetly pleasant, a little plastic-y.

Wet: still pleasant, still sweet, not so much with the plastics now, thankfully.

Dry: This dries down a little soapy on me, and since I swapped for this imp specifically for the pomegranate note (my current obsession), it was a great disappointment that I never got any of the tartness of pomegranate I was hoping for.

Verdict: Not only did I not get the pomegranate scent I wanted, the sweet pleasantness of this blend faded super fast to nothing -- and by superfast I mean less than an hour. That is probably the fastest any scent has ever disappeared from my skin ever. So, since it's pleasant, I'll keep the imp for a possible future use, maybe room scenting. But since it's fast-fading I won't buy or swap for a larger amount.

Edited by stellans

bottle: light, peachy floral aquatic- just like the description

wet: mm, pomegranate- but with an unfortunate backdrop of heavy florals

dry: as it dries i definitely get the 'autumn breezes', but it's still too floral and it smells old lady-like to me :-/

overall: i like a lot of the notes but it's just too damn flowery. it is also way too subtle and faded to nothing after less than an hour. however- whatever the 'autumn breezes' consist of, i want more of, now.

Edited by porcelina

Very lovely and bright. My first impressions are peach and a light floral, perhaps gardenia? I looked this up later, and I found it was rose. It must be the myrtle and peach blossom melting togeather to make this "bright" feeling. The aquatic notes and a light watery smell to this, which is great. Very lovely and spring like, this is a pick-me-up scent. I will keep the imp around for when I want to feel cheerful and sunny.