Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

My Impression: Aquatic, and rosey...really nice and I can definitely make out the pomegrate in this one. Very delicate and femine..but refined.

In the imp: Not too bad.

On me: pomegranate, peach, and an aquatic feel.... I get none. 100% rose, though.

Pretty, not for me.

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente settles on my skin in much the same way that Persephone (another rose and pomegranate blend) did. The peach did come out a bit at first, but it was quickly overwhelmed by the rose.

In the drydown this is a very sharp rose with an aquatic scent lingering in the background. It turns bitter and perfumey on me. I waited 3 hours before washing this off and the lovely fruits never did make an appearance :P

in the bottle: sweet peaches. Lots of them.

wet on skin: The peaches have found a friend in pomengranates, which brings this a brisk quality. Very no nonsense, snap-your-fingers-and-get-what-you-want kind of thing.

dry: As this dried down, rose comes out a bit and warms things up, lending the scent an almost spicy waft.

In the bottle, I can smell mostly the light, spring and summer fruits tempered with the autumnal breezes.

Putting it on, I smell a bit of cold, and I would swear there's some of the ozone I smelled in scents like Storm Moon, but nowhere near as sharp and soapy. Minutes later, the fruit comes gently back, bringing along a quiet and willing rose by the hand.

Dried down the notes meld together for me too much to discern them independently anymore. It smells like something old and expensive from the ladies behind the snootiest counter of the store. It's perched high on mother's vanity in the beautiful cut crystal bottle you're afraid to get caught touching.

That's odd...this scent evokes images and notes from all the seasons at once. Throughout the application, it did each stage individually, and upon drydown melded them together. Very nice, but a bit too traditional and ladylike for my tastes.

When I entered the description for La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente in the database for my handheld, I forgot to enter "deep aquatic notes", so this scent found its way onto my want-to-try list.

Oops. Aquatics generally overwhelm pretty much anything else in the blend and smell rather perfume-y on me. When I first apply this scent, I catch a whiff of pomegranate and peach, and then it's all about the aquatics. Off to swaps.

Edited by tempete

Lightly fruity with occasionally whiffs of flowers floating over the top. It's a pretty scent and has lasted all day on me (which is amazing with my chemistry!) but it's not outstanding enough for a big bottle. I'll probably use my imp, though.

In the imp I get wild rose and pomegranate, totally lovely. Once it hit's my skin all I get is peaches. Totally reminds me of P.O.T U.S.A, now I have the Peaches song stuck in my head!!!!!

In the bottle: Sweet, with some tart notes, probably the pomegranate.

On, wet: The tartness is gone already, alas. It's just sweet now.

5 minutes: That sweet note is still there, but the "background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes" is turning into baby powder. If it stays in the background like this it's actually quite a nice undertone to the sweetness, but we'll see if I smell like baby powder and nothing else in a few hours.

As before, will update when I get home from classes.

10 hours later: Definite staying power! Bizarrely, it is sweet on my left wrist and more powdery on my right. Ah! My watch band must have changed the chemistry sommat. But even the powdery side is a nice powdery, not sneezy or baby powder. Expensive floral powder. :P

In the bottle: my first impression was a soft, sweet floral.

On my skin wet: It started out as floral, a little fruity now that it was on my skin.

On my skin dry: The rose came out first. Almost everything so far goes to powder on me in some varying degree and this was no exception, but the powder was soft and floral.

On my skin dryer: The peach notes started to drown out the rose, still playing in harmony with the powdery chemistry of my skin.

Overall: In the end this is a lovely scent and could possibly become my new signature. Whenever I get paid next I'm definitely ordering this in greater quanity.

Very pretty and red at the start, with a nice burst of fruit. Sadly, melilot turns out to be related to the lotus, which means -- all lotus! Of course, I hate lotus and it loves me. So, no aquatics or autumn winds, the pomegranate and peaches die quickly, and it's sugar-sweet floral. Ick.

Hours later it dried down to something very much like vanilla, and I read online that melilot also closely resembles tonka bean. I just wish *that* had shown up stronger and earlier.

In the Bottle: That delicious peach, which I always interpret as peach bellinis, and a bit of floral and spice.

Dry: Almost nothing, a light peach, a hint of spice and the barest breath of floral. Hmmm. Where'd it go? This vanished on me.

I just want to say that she did it! She really did it! This is a rose scent I can wear. One that does not make me sick, or surprise me with heavy rosy horror. La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente is a sweet thick fruity fragrance. It opens up sweet and strong, almost like bubble gum. Aquatic peach tempered with dry leafy myrtle. The fruit lasts a little while, but is quickly opened up to include cool and dry notes and traditional florals. There's a sudden hint of leaves which turns cold and then very traditionally floral. The rose is soft and cool, and is still detectable many hours after applying the perfume. It's the perfect subtle effect of rose, a lingering scent. This is almost like wearing the each of the seasons in succession. Very lovely indeed.

In the bottle: peachy with a hint of the pomegranate, very soft, feminine, and romantic

Wet: peach and rose

Dry: deepens into a very warm scent; the melilot blooms nicely and vies with the rose and peach for precedence – a glorious, complex scent. This tends to turn into powdery-peach-dryer-sheet on me after a few hours, so I don't see myself getting a big bottle, but I will definitely wear this imp in my hair until it's all gone!

A fruity floral that's quite light, and on my skin gone within two hours. I get no particular fruit or floral scent. Nice while it lasted, though!

Oro

This actually reminds me of Harvest Moon! There is the lovely fruit in here and then something slightly musky- must be the "melancholy autumn breeze". It also makes it smell a bit like cold stone, and flowers.

I am wavering between liking this and not liking it. I love the fruit and musk but dislike the florals.

Ok, the musk and fruit are stronger again, and now I am back in Harvest Moon turf. I think it's more the '04 version though.

It dries to a kind of fruit-floral medly, which is actually kinda nice.

La Bella Donna Mia Mente

In the imp: pomegranate! Tart, moist pomegranate with peach and aquatics.

Wet on skin: this is probably the most realistic pomegranate scent I’ve tried, it’s like splitting one open and smelling the juice inside. I also smell peach or possibly peach blossom and rose.

Dry: now I smell the autumn leaves, and something herbal which I think is myrtle. This is a gorgeous scent-a mix of moist and dry, tart and sweet, fruity, floral and herbal. It has an aquatic scent to it which is lovely, but also a dry note. Interesting contrast. The pomegranate and rose are still there…everything is nicely balanced making for a delightful scent.

After a while: this scent has smoothed out so nicely. It’s now a soft, light scent of green myrtle, roses and peach blossoms, just a bare hint of moist pomegranate and the autumn leaf note. It’s now a lot drier in scent, but that’s no bad thing.

Verdict: I really like this a lot, it’s fresh, light and gentle. It also has many aspects to it-it’s fruity, floral, herbal/leafy and aquatic, dry, moist, slightly sharp and slightly sweet. It brings to mind the end of summer and the beginning of autumn...as a bright and breezy scent, it’s a good everyday perfume, yet there are many different facets to the scent which makes it interesting and unique. I think I may want to get more.

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente: Sweet and fruity. The pomegranate is the star here, with a backup from florals.

On: The rose comes out strongly, but the pomegranate is still clear. Very nice indeed!

Dry: Lovely. The hint of fruit sweetens the scent, and keeps it from being overly floral. There is also a hint of an herbal scent, perhaps the myrtle? Altogether a masterful scent, just slightly too heavy for day wear for me, but it will be perfect for evenings out. Love it!

My chemistry first ruined this, then locked it down and kept it strong through 2 washings. :P It smelled lovely in the bottle - on me there was a ghost of an aquatic note, and then a roaring fruity rose came through and blotted everything else out. This wound up being quite stiff and old-fashioned and strong on me - and horror of horrors, a colleague actually walked into my office an hour after I tested just one drop, and waved her hand as if to wave the scent away. I was mortified.

Oh well.

Leaves, soft, gentle fruits, and the deep, dark aquatics of an ancient lake. This is both an etheral and a primal scent. I like it, but the pomegranate is reacting weirdly with my chemistry.

Imp: Peach, something else a bit fruity (the pomegranate?), and deep aquatics underneath.

Skin: Peach, deep aquatics, tiny hint of florals -- and within five minutes of application it turned to baby powder.

I wasn't sure if I liked it or not even before the powder. Although I like aquatic scents in general, I don't prefer them as perfumes. Once it turned to baby powder, though, I knew this wasn't for me.

Quite lovely! Very juicy, with the aquatics and peach and pomegranite notes standing out most when first applied. On the dry-down, though, it's a very "perfume-y" perfume. Might be nice for spring, though, and it's a lovely poem!

In the bottle: Juicy pomegrante with a hint of peach and aquatics.

On the skin: Not only is the rose note turning to soap on me, but on the whole the scent seems to be disappearing. I had the same problem with Persephone, so I sense my chemistry just gobbles up pomegrante.

This was a frimp from the Lab (thank you!) and, upon sniffing all of the imps in my order, the frimp I was most excited to try. In the imp it was a lovely combination of fruit, floral and fresh.

It's lovely on the skin, too, but so well-blended that I had to wear it twice before I felt ready to review it. At first I get a burst of fruit but that quickly dies down and I get the aquatic note (which scared me a bit-- I don't like most aquatics) and rose. The rose is well-hidden, though, to my nose... I could barely pick it out of the green and aquatic notes. This is lovely and clean (but, as previously stated, NOT soapy) and green without being "grassy" or "herby". I think I'll wait to try it again, though, when the weather is warmer and this may have a bit more staying power. I think this may make a perfect summer scent!

In the imp: Astringent but very sweet, like Gluttony's first impression on the nose.

On me wet: Like white tea with peach, pretty much identical to it. Still a little herbal, but a soft and moist foresty herbal scent.

On me dry: Powdery and almost completely gone. The herbs stick around so nicely it's a feminine moss scent. A tiny bit of the peach is still behind, but only when you stick the nose right to the spot.

Category: Moss/Herbal/Tea/Autumn

Rating: 3.5/5, Lovely scent but not very lasting

Overall: A nice light scent, very comforting. Feminine without being too overwhelming. Very lovely. I would wear it if it lasted a little bit longer.