Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Snake Oil with cocoa, teakwood, and rice milk.

It’s very thick and syrupy in the vial. Alcoholic in its pungency, that would be the cocoa making it all boozy-smelling. The teakwood is a nice addition, it’s slightly reminiscent of sandalwood. There is a note in this that I’m not fully comfortable with – I do think this is slightly too overpowering. I think it’s that funny faecal note again.

Boomslang is probably my most favorite BPAL evah.

I have a bottle aged almost a year and wore it again today. OMG what an amazing oil!

Bottle: Chocolate over Snake Oil.

Wet: As others have mentioned, this looks like motor oil on the skin - but it smells very chocolatey with a SO background.

Dry: Creamy Snake Oil with an aura of chocolate. Heaven!

The cocoa burns off superfast and what I'm left with is very Snake Charmer-esque. Heavy with sexy notes of amber, musk and soft spices. If there's any chocolate left on the drydown, my nose isn't smelling it. At first I thought it reminded me of Mme. Moriarty but side by side, MM is way fruity. They do share that smoldering sexy depth, though. I'd buy a bottle if I didn't have Snake Charmer.

I was sure I had reviewed this, but it appears I haven't.

I love this scent. The oil is very thick and dark. When I apply it I have to rub it around just to distribute the oil and prevent big black/brown blotches from lingering. Luscious chocolate enveloped in a pillow of silky Snake Oil. So sultry, sexy and wonderful. This fades by the end of the day, but even then I can still smell the sophisticated naughtiness of the scent. Not strictly foody per se, but more rich and indulgent; classy chocolate. I couldn't have enough bottles of this on hand.

What can I say that hasn't been said? This stuff is just teh sex.

In the imp it is very thick, viscous, and opaque. It looks awful on my skin, and then just explodes in chocolate musky snakey goodness.

Because of the Snake Oil in this, it does not seem foody in the least to me. The teakwood balances it out nicely. I can't really pick out the rice milk, but who cares? Certainly not I.

I would buy this in a 50 gallon drum if I could.

mmm.. someone put chocolate syrup in my Snake Oil...

The chocolatey goodness disappears fairly quickly on my skin though. I'm left with the barest hint of rice milk and the teakwood blending in with the Snake Oil spices.

The Snake Oil in Boomslang is more prominent than it is in the other Snake Pits I've tried. It's definitely the most noticeable aspect of the scent, both wet and dry.

This is really lovely, but not distinctive enough to be one of my favourites. Too similar too Snake Oil, and if I wanted cocoa in particular I would choose a few scents over this. I'll probably start wearing it instead of Snake Oil, as Boomslang works better on my skin.

in the bottle: chocolatey Snake Oil :P

wet on skin: the cocoa becomes even stronger. it reminds me of brownies! :D

dry down: This is very, very similar to the bath oil Gula- and i *really* love Gula! chocolate without being too foodie, a spicy-incense thing...it's all really yummy!

in all: worth every penny, and i'm betting that, like Snake Oil, it will only improve with age!

:D

bottle: this is the first bpal chocolate scent that has approached actually smelling like chocolate to me. this smells almost just like rich, spicy dark chocolate.

wet: now, this smells like rich, dark, spiced, unsweetened chocolate powder. this is a dark, dry chocolate scent on me skin.

dry: this is the first of the snake pit blends that i can actually smell the snake oil in. it's faint but it's there and it mixes very well with the cocoa note.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

Edited by hkhm

In a word? Yyyyyyuuuuummmmm.

At Will Call I was so fascinated by the thickness of this stuff that I had to try it. I watched it drip from the wand and it accidentally landed on my boobs, and let me tell ya, it took forever to run down my skin, it was that thick! :D Then when I went to rub it in it was like tanning lotion since it's so dark! It took a little while to get it to disappear into the uber paleness that is my skin.

As others have said, it's like chocolate covered Snake Oil. Not foody, really, but scrumptious nevertheless. This is sort of how I thought Snake Oil would smell. I think the rice milk registers as smooth vanilla in my head. I don't like Snake Oil, but I really do love this. The note that's in Snake Oil that makes me dislike it is hardly in this. I don't remember detecting it at all in the bottle at Shelldoo's, so it probably disappears with age to reveal creamy, chocolately Snake Oil. I love how there are gritty parts solidifying on the sides of the bottle.. it actually sort of looks like teensy clumps of cocoa mix and I love it.

So yes, I got a bottle. :P

This is seriously amazing. So thick and black, like a couple of others said, it took quite a bit of rubbing for it to sink into my skin, but oh man, sooo worth it!

This is like dark choco dipped snake oil. I NEED to hoard many bottles of this one. I also think this will just get better and better as it ages. This is going straight onto my top ten list. :P

OOh got this as a frimp and ....wow..just wow. I read the reviews so I knew to shake it up.

At first...wotthehell COFFEE ?? Then in a minute it settled into a lovely mochaccino vibe and I really got the dark cocoa and wood. And it has stayed true for a couple hours now and going strong!

Must...get...more!! :P

In the imp, this is cocoa - all cocoa.

On my skin, it's still just cocoa.

When it dries, the Snake Oil comes out - there's almost no cocoa left. And Snake Oil doesn't work for me.

oh NO.

I didn't care much for Snake Oil when I tested it, but today I decided to wear Boomslang on a whim (full application includes hair, clothes, scent locket, and skin) and I looooOooove it. Its like someone took Velvet and made it all spicy and seductive. (and I love me some Velvet.)

The only thing that made me wary was how dark the liquid itself was. I'm very pale and had to make sure I rubbed it into my skin otherwise I would look like the victim of an unfortunate Mystic Tan.

The lasting power is great, the throw is great (but not too much, my cubicle-roommate can smell it but she says its really nice and not overpowering at all.)

The problem now: I need to try more Snake Oil blends ASAP. Oh, my aching bank account.

Ooh, I was so excited to receive this from the lovely friend who bought this for me.

IN THE IMP: ... OH. Thick, syrupy, rich chocolate with spices and incense, and a hint of wood. Like a blend of Velvet and Snake Oil (... which I haven't actually tried, but I can imagine how it must smell :D ).

WET: Creamy chocolaty spicy goodness. And the teakwood that balances it out really nicely. Yummmm, I'm so glad I got this.

DRY: Same as before, except the cocoa note goes away and it's just creamy rice milk and a bit of teakwood with what must be Snake Oil. Mmm, SO good. :P

In the bottle: Spicy mocha!!! :P

On skin wet: Spicy, incense that doesn't hurt my head. Chocolate undertones.

Dry down: Still strong, but in a good way. The mocha begins to leave for a bit, with only it's hinting undertones left behind. A sweet sandalwood smell is left behind. I like this alot and I'm not HUGE on sandalwood/incense scents.

Verdict: Keeping and thinking of try some more of these!

First Impression: Chocolate Ganache.

Dries down to: No change.

Additional Comments: This is richly decadent. I don'tk now if I'd wear this but whenever I get a chocolate craving, I'll go straight for this. I get the slightest hint of the teakwood and I think it's what keeps the cocoa from being too cloying. This may be Beth's best chocolate scent yet.

Lasted: Sadly, just an hour.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

With my first sniff of Boomslang I was reminded of one of those perfumes they sell for dogs, and I get that for the first few minutes after putting it on. After a while it's mostly fresh Snake Oil and a little bit of chocolate, which I like, but keep thinking this is going to be super amazing when the SO has a chance to age a bit. I like it.

Starts as a rich and spicy chocolate scent. Cocoa notes are wonderful but fade very quickly. Just thinking of it makes me crave hot chocolate now. The Snake Oil vanilla does not come through but after an hour or so it turns into something smelling like a very rich and sweet incense scent, with barely a hint of chocolate. I love both stages.

If you normally dont gravitate to sweet scents like me you might still want to try this, it is not really foody and was a really pleasant surprise.

Expectations: Oooh, I hope this is as good as it sounds. I expect it will make the Snake Oil slightly more foody, but hopefully not too sweet.

In vial: Exactly as I imagined it. Just like Snake Oil, with a hint of cocoa blended in nicely.

On skin, wet: The same as in the vial, which might be because the oil is sitting on top of my skin and not even soaking in yet.

On skin, dry: Pretty much the same. The cocoa has blended in a bit more, and I'm getting slightly stronger vanilla.

After time: It's been 30 minutes, and while I can tell this is slightly different than Snake Oil, the difference is very subtle. The vanilla isn't quite the same, probably due to the rice milk mixing with it. And the cocoa is faint.

Conclusion: I do like this, although I'm not sure if I'd choose it over the original. It's not that strong, for one thing.

I find Boomslang to be a very comforting scent. Warm and enveloping. The cocoa really has the feel of cocoa powder that you use for baking, rather than chocolate. I would use this much more if the cocoa didn't show so much visually on the skin. But as long as I remember to try to blend it a bit, it's not too bad.

I like this better than plain Snake Oil. (Heresy and sacrilege, I know...) I just wish my wrists didn't have an orangey-brown tinge to them where I applied it.

Imp: Cocoa and the snake oil scent.

Wet: Oh, nice. Goes through a phase of being pure cocoa, then cocoa and sandalwood (which I guess is supposed to actually be teakwood...).

Dry: The sweet notes balance out the astringency of Snake Oil. Mmm. Though I'm still wishing it weren't turning my skin orange.

OMG -- this really is Chocolate Sex in a Bottle! It's thick and rich, and smells just heavenly on. As others have said, it really does have more of a baking cocoa powder scent to it than just regular dark chocolate, but it's divine. My husband even likes to wear it, since he's also a chocolate lover. If you like regular Snake Oil and any chocolate scents, you need a bottle of this!

Mmmmmmmmm... :D

Huffing the bottle: Scrumptious rich Dutch cocoa with the slightest whisper of snake oil.

Wet on my skin: Mmmmm, fudge brownies but the snake oil is beginning to hissssssssssssss. :P

Dry down: Love, love, love. :D Snake oil preciousness, fluffy with a smooth creamy background

of cocoa. This is the perfect oil for days when I want to layer over sweet vanillary or candyish scents.

Super-sexy chocolate incense goodness!

This is a tasty scent, in all senses of the word. I just wish the chocolate lasted a bit longer on me -- it seems to burn off a lot faster than the spicy incense-y Snake Oil part. I also think this blend would be a bit much for everyday wear, especially for work; Wulric is a more laid-back, relaxed choice along the same line, at least for me.

In bottle/imp: Cocoa powder and vanilla.

Immediately on skin: Slightly bitter cocoa and snake oil. But there’s something else not-so-yummy there too… almost a sour smell.

After a few minutes: Snake oil with a little tiny bit of cocoa, and it might be a little creamier than usual. I don’t think there’s much difference between the two on me though.

Later on: This smooths out as I wear it but the cocoa still has a slightly sour twinge to it... almost like BO. Unfortunately this one isn't a winner on me.