Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdoll

Roadhouse

Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness.

In the Imp: Wow, this is so much lighter than I expected. It's sweet, slightly herbaceous, and kinda airy. Must be the dandelion. It's almost sugared though, not weedy o.o. Kinda boozy too, in a sweet way.

Wet: Same as in the imp. Very surprised by this one, I didn't even want to sniff the imp because it sounded awful to me. I know real dandelions smell quite bitter so wasn't expecting much. Plus tobacco is a major death note for me, but I can't smell it at all.

Drydown: Hmm. Tobacco has come out a lot. I really liked the sugared, boozy dandelion. Without tobacco, I'd probably buy a bottle of this. Unfortunately, once this has been on for a couple hours, it's all tobacco. Ick.

Verdict: The tobacco in this isn't awful. It's not overly harsh like normal, but it is still pretty unpleasant. -sigh-

2.5/5

In the vial: green dandelions and booze.

On the skin: Fresh cut grass and yellow dandelions. As it dried down, the hemp popped up. Full dry down was the same, with a booze backnote. I so wanted this to work but the smell of cut grass just gives me a headache.

This was a frimp from my Dragon Con fairy.

In the imp: I’m definitely getting the dandelion. It’s very springy; it makes me think of playing in our large backyard filled with dandelions in early spring when I was a child.

Wet: I get a sudden blast of…banana? Or some other tropical fruit? It must be the “swirl of booziness.”

Dry: Another childhood memory here: Solarcaine. That menthol/medicinal smell of the cream you put on a sunburn. I blame the boozy notes; they often don’t work on my skin.

This was interesting to try because it evoked childhood memories, though it didn’t make me think of a roadhouse at all.

I was drawn to this hoping it would be reminiscent of something Ellen from Supernatural would wear (like so many others ;) ), but that's definitely not what I smell.

Imp: almost like lilies, very white/yellow floral

Wet: dandelions and hops, a touch of sweet booziness - fresh beer?

Dry: it's almost completely gone after just a few minutes - no tobacco, hemp, or weediness on my skin

I'll toss this in a box for a while and see how it ages.

This was a frimp in my last order. In the imp and on my skin this is a very green-smelling floral. The only note I get is the dandelion. As it dries down there is a minty feel to this. All in all, I really like Roadhouse. Glad I got this right to get me in the mood for spring.

Really pretty--fresh dandeliones coated in sugary layer of sweetness from the rum, balanced by just a hint of dryness from the hemp. Mostly, fresh, sweet floral.

In the imp: I don't get dandelion or green or booze of any kind... I smell nothing but sweet apples.

Wet on skin: Freshly sliced apples.

Dry down: Apples and daisies or tulips, something floral is amping... not smelling anything like dandelion though, wish I was. No booze. Eventually no apple, just a mixed bouquet of department store florals. Pass. Too flowery and sweet. Not my thing.

Tested a very aged imp

In the imp: sharp and green, and slightly smoky

Wet: almost medicinal at first (the hemp?) with a smoky topnote, then the weeds also come out to play and turn the scent more green; I don't get any booze, though the smokiness combined with the green could resemble toasted hops

Dry: initial drydown fades back the smokiness quite a bit and the hemp and dandelion/grass become more dominant – I wouldn't call this a clean scent, but neither is it overpowering – it definitely feels very much like the morning after a raucous night at the roadhouse – some smoke still lingering in the air, infusing the wood of the bar, where some sticky residue of strong drinks were spilled and a bit of freshly mown grass floating in through an open window; it's interesting, but not very me. (Note that I get very generic waxy perfume store as the topnote on final drydown, but I think that's from the imp sitting in an unopened box full of imps for a really long time – a deep sniff yields the character of this blend)

Excited about the idea of dandelion. I love tobacco. depending on what type of booze though, this has potential to be horrid (wine is really bad on me usually)

Wet: Really fruity - I think the booze is wine. It's not bad so far. I love the green floral note that I'm assuming is dandelion. This is really interesting.

Dry: I LOVE that green floral dandelion note. Unfortunately it burns off quickly, leaving behind faint fruity wine. The wine note in this is actually not terrible on me, but still not something I care to smell like. I will for sure be searching for dandelion in other blends, though!!

Unisex, gentle and grassy and just a little bit dandelion-sweet. No sin or sleaze, not really, just countryish and unpolished innocence. The little girl running guilelessly past her parents’ smoke, clutching a fistful of dandelions she has collected.

This was surprisingly sweeter than I thought it would be which may be the hemp - I wish the tobacco was a wee bit stronger that would make it a little sleazier in my mind, right now on me, it is sweet and boozy.

In the vial, I smell dandelions and wet hemp. Some of my fear of this wants to ebb away, but I must remain vigilant.

On my skin... dandelions and wet hemp. No smokies, boozes or sleaze. It smells like I for some reason napped on the lawn on a warm April day and woke with marks on my face from the dandelions I crushed.

It's... pleasant? Kinda?

Really?

Imp: GREEN!
Wet on Me: Green. the scent of green grass and green leaves in the spring
Drying Down: soap-y booze
Dry: green soap.

Interesting. Don't hate it. but probably trade it.

In the imp: Dandelions and grass, with a little bit of tobacco in the background! I'm kicking myself for not trying this before because of the booze, because I love the dandelions.

Wet: I'm greeted with a blast of dandelion, and dandelion seems to be content to remain as the dominant note, because I'm not getting a lot of booze, hemp, or tobacco from this. I am getting the weeds, though. There's a bit of booze and tobacco, but they're lingering in the background.

Dry: Lots of dandelions among tufts of weeds, with a bit of hemp and tobacco, and a touch of booze. After a while, I do get more of the sweet booze from this. At first, I thought it was rum, but now, I think it is the Lab's wine note. I'm surprised that it took this long to come out, as I generally amp that note! It ends up being a red wine and weedy dandelion scent on me.

After a few hours of wear, the dandelion reasserts itself, and now I think I'm getting dandelion with the hops.

Verdict: I absolutely adore dandelions, and this is a dandelion-dominant scent on me. I don't love it as much as Venus Verticordia, Dandelions and Concrete, or Wild Dandelion SN, but I do enjoy it. I'll be hanging onto my imp. If I reach for it enough, I'll consider getting a bottle (I say, knowing that Roadhouse has been out of stock for a long time, and not wanting to fall in love with something that would be hard to find).

Edited by dementia_divine

I love the Lab dandelion note, but it always goes soapy on me in the end.  Not here!  Roadhouse is dandelion forward on me, with a little sweetness from the booze.  I'm not getting a lot of tobacco or hemp -- really just a whiff as the description says -- but I think they are keeping the dandelion from turning into soap.  This is not a bad boy, sleazy, swaggering, roadhouse kind of scent on me; it's springtime and green grass and yellow dandelions.  And it's discontinued.  :cry2: