Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
magpiedee

The Unicorn

A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

Wet: I definately get a sweet almost fruity note. In fact... it smells exactly like gummy bears. One guy in my class actually turned around to find who had the gummy bears. I actually liked this stage so I was a little sad when it dried.

Dry: Some of the sweetness stayed although it turned more ephmeral and pale. As mentioned by others once it dries it is a very clean scent. This is not an over whelming smell at all. I could see this as being a wonderful scent to wear in an office, although I would need to reapply a few times during the business day to keep the unicorn from disappearing back into the mists.

Warning: my 1st review. :P

This is sweet, clean, and youthful. A very "spring" smell.

Wet, I mostly smell melon. I like it much better after a few hours, when it has faded a bit and the green-ness of it comes out. I don't smell herbs, per se (though this is probably due to my unrefined newbie nose), which is what I had hoped for. Still, I can't seem to stop smelling my wrists.

Sometimes, this reminds me of vaguely of a scent I wore when I was 12. But overall...

I like it. It makes me feel hopeful and infused with light. I think I'll keep an imp around.

First sniff: Misty-fresh and clean and green. I never would have imagined The Unicorn would be a watery scent, but now I’m flashing back to that scene in The Last Unicorn where they come flowing in on the waves, a shining white tide.

Wearing: There’s a wildness to this scent that hadn’t struck me before, and apparently it’s just me. If you spotted a unicorn across a misty grove, you’d get a hint of what this scent is on me… but to get the full effect, you’d have to be riding him at breakneck pace through the woods, running for the sheer joy of it, his silken mane whipping your face in the wind.

It's Amalthea. It's all I can say...it simply is.

Shimmering, white, shinng, and absolutely gorgeous. There's a light almost melon smell at first that fades into something lemony but not overpoweringly so. More like a touch of brightness under crystal. A faint herbal and grassy undertone balances the whole thing. It's not fruity per say so much as shining and innocent and wooow....

Keeper? Definitly a keeper. Its the only part of a unicorn you could cage (maybe if Mommy Fortuna had had this she would have given up both harpy and unicorn :P )

I didn't get any berries at all, but it was a delicate floral. The most interesting thing about it was the touch of sweet grass, which I got quite clearly. Also, it does seem to perfectly sum up The Unicorn, but more in the classical sense than the Carrollian sense. It's innocence in a bottle, and I swear it smelled ever so faintly (pleasantly!) of horse.

It's lovely, if not for me. Too innocent. Ahem.

Purchased an imp of this on the forum last week and it arrived yesterday.

In the bottle: Very strong, with a big floral kind of kick to it. I'm new at this so I was unable to really pick out any of the notes. I was afraid it was going to give me a headache so I put it down and came back a little later when I was feeling more adventurous.

Wet: Thankfully, it mellowed quickly after I got it onto my skin. It turned crisp and bright and softly floral rather than overwhelmingly so. It was like walking through a field of flowers or a garden with a slight breeze mixing the scents and blowing them all to you.

Dry: Got a little more mellow and kicked in with a sugary-sweet kind of smell. Almost like floral candy, if that makes any sense. This lasted for about twenty minutes at which point it became even more mellow and then disappeared.

I put it on before I cam to work this morning and it has faded away within an hour or less. I can't even smell it when I sniff my wrist anymore. I do quite enjoy the scent.

while i enjoy this scent, it smelled like dry unscented cat litter to me at first. it is fresh, soapy and clean, with a touch of fruit on my skin, and its a pretty scent, but not a "me" scent. I may use up my imp, but i won't be buying more. i'll keep it around to sniff though, it is pretty.

First Sniff: Mmmm, this smells like watermelon bubblegum with a little bit of flowers mixed in.

Wet: I'm in love :P The watermelon note dies down just a little bit, having the flowers come through more. It's a wonderful mix that reminds me of a summer garden. . .and a Nymphet chewing bubblegum in it. :D

Dry:Hmm, The Unicorn continues to soften as it dries on my skin. Now it is a very clean flowery smell with only just a hint of melon. It makes me feel young again :D I want a big bottle of it.

The Unicorn started off as a pretty fragrance full of spring flowers on me. Crisp, white and innocent. I could distinctly smell the linden amidst the youthful, breezy notes.

20 minutes later, it was almost gone. All I was left with was a faint white floral, quite pretty if a little too juvenile and understated for my taste.

In the bottle: A light, sweet fruity/floral smell. I can get a hint of herbs with a deep sniff, but I think I'm probably smelling mostly linden. My best friend likes it very much, which is a good sign- he's pretty picky.

On my wrist: For some reason, about 10 minutes after I applied it, I thought I smelled cucumber. The Unicorn remained very light and fresh, and stayed close to my skin. For the first hour, the floral scent dominated and the sweet fruity scent I smelled in the bottle was in the background; in the second hour, I smelled more of a floral/herbal smell. Both stages were lovely- I can understand others' comments that The Unicorn sparkles and twinkles! Unfortunately, I only got about two hours' worth of smelling good from my initial application. I'll keep the imp, but I'm not sure I'll wear it again- I may try to make a spray or something instead.

This was a freebie in my first lab order. I tried it last night after my shower and it was like I was hit with memories of playing in a field as a child. This brings to mind youthful idealism, white gloves and tasteful, pearly-pink lipstick. Very clean smelling, but not at all soapy. Very feminine, but not at all girlish...more of a young lady-ish scent, emphasis on Lady. It's still very hopeful, youthful and, dare I say, virginal?

This is a beautiful, spring-time fragrance. Not for me, as I'm in a sultry place with my fragrances right now. But, it's still absolutely lovely.

Unicorn's aroma was quite unexpected.

In the bottle: I first got a whiff of peach, then white florals then *CK's Escape*. I used to love *Escape* back in the early 90's but it eventually developed into a heavy, nauseating scent with repeated use. I was hesitant but pleased.

On me wet: Now it was mostly sweet peach & *Escape* but not as heavy as the real *Escape*, so no pangs of nausea. Yea!

On me dry: White florals & *Escape*

After 2 hours: almost gone

This is a very light, fast fading perfume that I would have to reapply on a continual basis. Good spring/early summer scent. Don't know if I will commit to a bottle, I like The Unicorn, I just don't love it.

Mmm - this is one of my daytime faves, although it does fade pretty fast.

It's very sweet and warm, with a round fruity note. Most green scents are too sharp for me, and many florals are headache-inducing.

The Unicorn is neither too sharp or too floral-y and is perfect for when I want to feel a bit girly.

The Unicorn

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This is a light, fresh, airy floral. Wispy and very white.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This lightens a bit, but overall doesn’t change much. Still very definitely a fresh, airy floral.

Throughout the Day (10am-3pm): This continues to dissipate until by 3pm it is nearly undetectable. This would make for a lovely spring scent, light and airy – so definitely keeping the imp.

Lovely, ethereal, luminous floral.

This one faded extremely fast on me, but the faint drydown was beautiful.

It's a bit too pure and airy for the dead of winter, but I will break this out again in the spring - and I will slather.

The Unicorn is very sweet and fruity when it first goes on, and then lightens to a light sweet floral. The flower notes are nice and light, without any sharpness to them (like some florals can have). The name is so apt; it definitely has a feeling of silvery-whiteness.

This is a very "pretty pretty princess" scent (and I don't mean that in a bad way!). The Unicorn would be a lovely fragrance for a very young girl. It's fruity but not overly so (made me think of white grapes), light, and luminous. A bit too innocent for my taste, but very, very pretty.

Electra, your review really made me laugh because my good friend has a very silly cross-dressing german shepherd that we call the pretty princess....and we dress him in a pretty princess t-shirt which he loves....hmmm....perhaps I should have tried the unicorn out on him!

I got the Unicorn as a freebie....and I agree with what's been said. On me it smelled green and white....before I checked the notes, I imagined green tea, some aquatic note....it is a very soft floral but also green note....and its really perfect for the Unicorn...

Just not for me, miss-I-hate-aquatic-and-floral-notes.

so off it goes!

when i first sniffed the unicorn i was a bit taken aback. it didn't smell at all like what i had expected, and it didn't smell particularly good to me. i put the imp down for a couple weeks and thought about it.

i finally worked up the courage to try it, and boy am i glad i did! its sweet, but not cloying, fruity, but not candyish, floral, but not old lady. its luminous, and just lovely!!!

holy crap i LOVE the unicorn!!!!! it wasn't on my wish list - i don't know why!!! but i'm glad i decided to try it!

its very light and a slight sweetness to it.. it smells wonderful!!! it smells like summertime and rolling around in the grass with some fruit trees nearby. i love it !

So soft and gentle... sweet and innocent... bewitching too.

Very light floral, almost green (but not in the grassy green way, more like the herbal way). This sent is so soft and delicate that it almost twinkles.  :P

I couldn't have said it better than blackrayne did...The Unicorn, when first applied, smelled like Lemon Pledge. But quickly morphed into a beautiful white-light green-almost yellow scent that tickles my nose...I had to check the description to see if champagne was included in this! I absolutely love it...it reminds me a a Linden scented linen spray that I love from L'Occitane. Just beautiful and definitely on my big bottle list. Would be nice as a room scent too....

I'm suprised I didn't like this more than I do, based on the description. I was hoping for a fresher-smelling blend, but both in the bottle and on my skin, this one is very fruity, unfortunately, and very sweet. The drydown leaves me with a slightly brighter, more sparkly scent, but not enough green or floral to cover up the cherry-strawberry to my taste. I wanted to like it...I wanted to like it so bad...

I love the almost lime-like scent of linden, and it reminds me of living in Prague. The Unicorn is probably not something I would wear often, but it would be a perfect scent for a long bath. It's very sweet, springlike and bright without becoming a heavy floral.

Smells really fresh. I don't get flowers right now, just a very fresh, almost fresh washed sheet scent. Will report on this later as it changes.

:D I keep thinking "The Unicorn, the one and only." Yep I am a dork!

In the imp: Juicy and wet florals.

After dry down: DH attacked me. :P This was soft and lovely and reminded me of white creamy flowers. I love flowers!

After 4 hours: This faded too fast. If there is a hint of it left it is just that- a hint. I would have loved for this to have lasted longer.

Next try I will put more on-