Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deiicide

Horreur Sympathique

The perfume of a hellbound soul, gleefully lost to iniquity: blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane.

The strongest notes I get from this are the wine and the grapes. I get a lot of that purple, grapey feeling from this one. The sheer sweetness from these two notes and likely the sugar cane drowns out the rest. Sweet anything amps like crazy on me, so any subtleties are lost on me. It's really strong grape candy and that's not for me.

A frimp from the Lab.

In vial: Bitter, sharp fruitiness.

On me: Wet this is a bitter, herbal resin over a dark, well-bodied fruitiness; ominous but surprisingly wearable. Dry, the wine comes out, slightly boozy, rich purple-red--but it's well balanced by benzoin/opoponax/oakmoss/tobacco flower, with a touch of beautiful blood musk. I get only a slight sweetness. This is a warm, deep wine against a multi-note resinous, almost-herbal, almost-bitter base that adds a productive complexity and darkness.

Verdict: I tested this right before I meant to shower because I expected it to be horrible or at least horrible on me; it's not! It fits the inspiration well, a dark, rich, ~evil~ wine; I appreciate that it's not a tart or sweet fruitness. This isn't remotely my style, so I don't expect to wear it again, but I'm pleasantly surprised.