Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A super-sweet, glittering mountain of crushed hard candy: watermelon, pink lime, lemon, strawberry and piles upon piles of crystalline sugar.

Yippee do I get the honor of being the first one to review these??
In the bottle: Smells like watermelon jolly ranchers and lots and lots of sugar!

Once I put it on I get the lime and lemon coming out to play...and still watermelon and SUGAR. I think I would compare this to Fruit Moon...it has alot of fruityness to it like Fruit Moon does....this scent reminds me of one of the strawberry shortcake dolls I used to have (don't remember which one..that was a LONG time ago).

Overall this oils smells pretty much like I thought it would....bright, fruity, cheery goodness....and this is the treat that I wanted when I placed my order!!!!
BRAVO lab....BRAVO!! :P

Treat #1 = Yum!

I agree that this is Jolly Ranchers candy, watermelon Jolly Ranchers, in a bottle.

As it dries, I definitely smell strawberry, and pink lemonade, but the watermelon is always very front and center. And yes, this is diabetes-inducingly sweet, not brown and sticky like Sugar Skull, but clear like rock candy. This scent is so pretty and happy and simple - just they way candy should be.

I am in love with Treat #1 and I cannot stop sniffing my wrists. The description is so spot on - it is a glittering mound of crushed hard candy!

:P

ETA As this wears off, it becomes pure sugar. Mmm. I can still smell it on my wrist - one shower and 12 hours later!

Edited by nannan45

oh, this is yummy!

in the bottle treat #1 smells like jolly ranchers, esp the watermelon kind, as noted :D i also get pink lemonade from it...and kool aid. sweet indeed!

on my skin it developes a slightly vanilla-ish scent...very light...gives it a smoothness and a touch of cream. it also has something slightly floral- lemon blossom, maybe? or bergamot? very nice...gives it a bit of sophistication...but just a bit! i don't get any of sugar skull's stickiness...but lots of rock candy for sure! and those big swirly lollipops... :D

this is such a fun perfume! very pink, very girly, very sweet (mounds of sugar indeed!), but not overwhelmingly foody. since it's bpal i suppose it should come as no surprised that treat #1 is much more than the (apparent) sum of its parts! it's gorgeous and playful and just right. :P

OMG! Sooo excited to have gotten this one! Yes, yes, definitely glittering fruity candy. My fist thought was Skittles, but I can see the comparison with Jolly Ranchers. It's very very sweetly fruity out of the bottle; but on the dry down the gorgeous pink sugar note starts to come out. After awhile it begins to smell a bit like strawberry cotton candy!! Oh, it's just lovely, I absolutely **adore** it! It actually has quite a bit of strength for a fruity blend, and I think it's going to be rather long lasting as well. Thanks so much to the Trick or Treat Goblins for treating me this year!! :P

Divine! This is the one I wanted too! (though I was torn, this appealed to me most because I fear the coconut).

Watermelon Jolly Rancher with a tiny kick of pink lemonaid. Mmm, it also reminds me of Watermelon Pop Rocks as it dries just because of the sugary factor over/under the tart.

I'm really glad it's not overly citrus because lemon is woe on me.

As it dries it turns more into a sugar mix with the fruity-ness taking a back seat, but still hiding and waiting for a closer sniff. It's not heavy, it's bright and clear and cheery not at all obnoxious.

Crushed hard candy, indeed! Spot on, lab!

(I also really like my tee too, pink ink with glitters!)

I'm not a slatherer, but to test it better, I may do a little slathering. It seems to have a decent throw with the few dots I applied from the cap. This is PERFECT for Halloween and it will be uber cool with my "Pop Rocks" tee I got ages ago. :P

Yay!

Upon reading the scent description for Treat #1 I dubbed it "Big Rock Candy Mountain" and after smelling it, that is the perfect name!

When I opened the bottle a whiff of vanilla tumbled out along with the fruit and sugar and then promptly disappeared until the glorious drydown. This perfume wouldn't work for me if it was just fruit and sugar... but you have to wait for the drydown, which actually takes a while :P

So back to Big Rock Candy Mountain... all this Hard-Candy sweetness might conjur images of a kid with her loot on Halloween but I get the image of penniless vagabond sitting haplessly behind bars- spinning yarns about the bounty found only in our imaginations and on Easy Street:

Big Rock Candy Mountain

One evening as the sun went down and the jungle fire was burning

Down the track came a hobo hiking and he said boys I'm not turning

I'm headin for a land that's far away beside the crystal fountains

So come with me we'll go and see the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains there's a land that's fair and bright

Where the handouts grow on bushes and you sleep out every night

Where the boxcars are all empty and the sun shines every day

On the birds and the bees and the cigarette trees

Where the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains all the cops have wooden legs

And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft boiled eggs

The farmer's trees are full of fruit and the barns are full of hay

Oh, I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow

Where the rain don't fall and the wind don't blow

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains you never change your socks

And the little streams of alcohol come a-trickling down the rocks

The brakemen have to tip their hats and the railroad bulls are blind

There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too

You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains the jails are made of tin

And you can walk right out again as soon as you are in

There ain't no short handled shovels, no axes saws or picks

I'm a goin to stay where you sleep all day

Where they hung the jerk that invented work

I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

wow....

uhm, yikes.... but wow... this oil spreads like MADNESS across the back of my knuckles and the super sugary sweetness of the watermelon jollyranchers is eaten alive by... by.... something not candy. Floral? But... no florals are listed in the components. Maybe it's the citrus edging out the heavy sugar rush.

yeah, it's the citrus, I now get a lime blast that reminds me oddly enough of F5. Go figure! :P On the whole, someone said it was clear bright candy, not the toasted and burned/melted sugar of Sugar Skull. Spot On!

I like it, but let's see how it wears on me.

ETA: yikes is back again! OW! I seem to have developed a rather sharp pain in my sinuses after a few minutes. it gets worse after a sniff. :D Treat #1 is a trick!

Edited by Gypsybaby

I received all four trick or treat blends today and immediately dabbed them on for testing. Treat #1 was my definite favorite in the bottle. It smells exactly like sour patch kids! You know, the little fruit flavored gummis coated in sour sugar. It smells strongly of lime and watermelon candies to me, in specific. I've been searching for an awesome lime scent, and Treat #1 is that.

On me... this is a crisp, zesty lime and sour, sugar-glazed candies. It makes me want to lick my wrists :D. I don't like a lot of fruit flavored candy, but I adore the sour gummis. This is like sticking my head into a bag full of sour gummi candies and sniffing. Sweet, but with a bit of fruity bite. The lemon gets a bit sharp and the blend goes too citrussy on me for a while, but that stage fades down quickly into pure sugary goodness.

Treat #1 is yummy, bright, and smells even more like watermelon jolly rancher candies to me after aging a few months :P. It has remained a favorite for me while Trick #2 and Treat #2 have aged horribly.

Edited by Blood onmy hands

Ever since I read the Inquisition notes, I just had a hunch I’d get this one. And what a great reward for a hunch!

If “sparkly pink” had a smell, this would be it. This is just heavenly rosy sweetness. I was afraid at first that it would be pure “Jolly Rancher,” but it’s definitely not. There’s a spun-sugar note, just like fluffy cotton candy. The goblins hit one for my skin chemistry--and they hit it out of the ballpark!

Edited by mountainwitch

This is the scent I wanted so much, and right off the bat, I'm sad. I get the lime and watermelon in the bottle, but on me it's turned into soap. Fruity soap, but still there's soap. I'm hanging onto it obviously, until I'm sure this isn't a soapy fluke, but it's definitely soap.

If you got some jolly ranchers, in watermelon flavor, and melted them in a cauldron on Halloween Eve....then had the "nice" fairies fly over with buckets of those crystallized sugar candies (the ones on the sticks) put them in the brew and start stirring like mad...you'd have this delicious scent.

It's super sweet and yummy. I want to eat my arm.

After a bit the lime and lemon come out to join the sugar candy, while the watermelon quietly bows out, to make this the perfect candy scent.

Final verdict: Light and sugary with a hint of tart. Yum!

So much fun! Jolly ranchers, spot on. My husband took one sniff (and I didn't even force him to) and said "You smell like watermelon Jolly Ranchers!" He's learning. Yep, I do indeed. I likee. It has more complexity than just watermelon, there's other yummy fruitiness in there, but the sugar is killer good. Crystalline sweet, just like a hard candy. Very cool. May not wear it constantly, but for a treat (sorry, sorry! couldn't resist...) it will be fun.

5 out of 5.

I found Xanthe to be very similar to Treat 1 here. Same sparkly sugared fruit scent, though not as watermelony (guava is prominent instead). But very much alike to my nose.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

I found the description of this soooo appealing, even though I don't go for sweet/candy scents much. The idea of glittering, jewel-like frosted sugary fruits has been on my mind very much since I first read about this one.

This is that wonderful crystalline white sugar note -- not syrupy and thick, not like caramel, not brown sugar, just a very clean, crisp, almost snowy pure sugar. The fruits are so bright and sparkly that I can see the colors vividly: pink, pale green, yellow and tangerine-orange. Like Sunkist fruit gems that were frozen and broken into dust.

It doesn't have a lot of staying power or throw but it's very pleasant to sniff. This is another that makes me think more of Christmas than Halloween, to be honest, because it's such a crystal, cold sugar that I think more toward the winter months than autumn.

I might need to brush my teeth after smelling this all afternoon but it's really a delight. I honestly don't need more than the tiny sample I have to sniff once or twice but I'm so glad to have tried it!

In the Bottle:This one is a fantastic glittering sugar high! It smells of strawberry/watermelon lemonade candy.

On my skin: it is indeed reminiscent of Jolly Rancher candy- true to it's candy heart without additional florals jumping in.

Drydown: Still wonderful, bright, happy candy!

I took my Treat #1 on a test drive and was very well received.

Ed to correct spelling- shouldn't have stayed for the after party at the Lightning hockey game last night!

Edited by lushiejane

My two year old says that Treat #1 smells happy, and I'm inclined to agree. It's sweet, sugary lime, strawberry and watermelon Jolly Ranchers, and the scent of it in the bottle is enough to make me smile. It's a simple, childlike pleasure, but it's very wearable, I think. It's delicate but also very distinctive and definitely makes it's presence felt. I've dabbed it on my wrist twice since it arrived, and both times someone commented on the pretty candy smell. :P Really lovely and girly.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

Thanks to a wonderful forum member for the chance to own this. The minute I saw the scent description, I new I just had to have Treat #1 - I coveted it like no other!!! Finally the day came when I was holding the bottle in my greedy little hand adn I was so excited to open it, I almost dropped it!

In the bottle: Beautiful sour fruits and sugar!!

Wet: Oh! The fruits are playing tag with each other! First I get watermelon, then lime, strawberry, back to lime, maybe lemon back watermelon - Just the beautiful sour fruit candy morphing in and out.

5 minutes into the morphing, the fruit packs up and leaves *POOF* and it's gone. No crystalized sugar, no fruit, nothing!! It's my skin scent and I am like "WTF?!!!"

I waited the rest of the day to see if it ever returned but it was long gone after 5 minutes. :P

The next day, I tested again. This time I slathered it on both wrists, crossed my fingers and waited - Open the bottle, the beautiful sour fruit morphing and wafting around me in a beautiful Halo. This time it lasted maybe 10 minutes before disappearing. I don't know if it is my skin eating up the sugar? But I am so sad that this coveted scent didn't work.

I was a little bit scared when people were comparing Treat #1 to Watermelon Jolly Ranchers, because--hmm, fakey, chemically nastiness anyone? But luckily, this Treat smells oh so much better than that! I smell sweet watermelon and sugar balanced out by tart lime. It's delicious, fun, and girly, and definitely makes me think of pink, crystalline candy. It's not something I'd wear every day, but I am very glad to have it.

Treat #1-

In Bottle: Sugary strawberry lemonade! Okay, watermelon too.

Wet: A lemony bloom on my skin. Sweet lemon.

Dry: Okay, I see why everyone says watermelon, but I'm going to stick to strawberry lemonade on this! With lots of sugar. A fun and delicious scent. So fragrant on me!

Overall: Delicious!

Treat #1 reminds me very much of a slightly more fruity, hyper sugary Snow Angel!

So if you love Snow Angel, I think you'll love Treat #1!

Yep, this is all that sweet-sugary-fruity BPAL goodness rolled into one. I knew I would love this and I do. It makes me happier than even Fruit Moon, and lucky for me, this lasts and lasts. Gets just a wee bit creamy upon total drydown and reminds me a little of Strawberry Moon at that point.

Perfection :P

TREAT #1

In Bottle: Fruity delicious pink candy!

On Skin: To me this smells like a watermelon and pink lemonade Jolly Rancher mixed together. Sweet but also so tart! I want to lick my wrist, it smells so realistic! I am so happy I swapped my Treat #2 for this, it is so much more “me”. This scent feels very pink and very girly, if someone smells this on you, the first thing they’re going to say, is “yum, where’s the candy” and the second things they’re going to say is “are you going to share???” As the scent develops, the tartness fades a little and it actually becomes creamy, how interesting! I love it even more!! This is one of the best sweet BPAL scents I have ever tried. I am going to treasure my bottle. Average medium throw and average to long wearlength.

Treat #1 is Snow Angel and Fee locked in a highly-scented Death Match. All lemon drops and icy sugar and sharp melons going at it for love and honor. Unfortunately Fee wins. Melons do not smell good on my skin.

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: Sugary candy.

Pre-review thoughts: Well, I'm really not a big fan of any of the listed notes, and it sounds far too sweet for me, but so help me, I'm curious!

In the imp: The very first thing that comes to mind is Bubble Yum's Cotton Candy bubble gum. I remember when that variety first came out. I loved it. Oddly, I'm not too fond of the smell.

On skin, wet: Sugary-sweet strawberry watermelon. It still smells exactly the way aforementioned cotton candy gum smells and tastes. I can also see where people are getting the Jolly Rancher comparison.

On skin, dry: Less cotton candy gum-like, more like watermelon and strawberry lemonade with one or eight too many spoonfuls of sugar. It brings Xanthe to mind — they share a sugary, fruity quality — but this is sweeter, more intense. Whereas Xanthe is a pink colour in my mind, with swirls of yellow, this is a bright yellow, with swirling veins of bright, almost glittery pink and orange.

Conclusion/Notes: Nice enough, but I've just never liked watermelon candy (the smell or taste, though I love real watermelon), which is the prominant note in Treat #1 for me.

Treat #1 - I used to live near a Jolly Rancher factory and often, when I’d drive by it, the air was permeated with the sweet, fruity scent of every Jolly Rancher scent possible. That’s what this smells like – although the watermelon is a bit stronger than the other sweet, fruity notes. I don’t normally like ultra-sweet, candy-like blends, but this one is absolutely fabulous. It blends with my skin in a way that doesn’t make it smell like I got a sucker stuck on my skin; rather, it leaves my skin smelling sweet and fruity, and it reminds me of something a little girl would wear as she’s playing dress-up and pretending to be a fairy princess. This is going to get much use. It’s totally not my usual style of perfume, but it’s just too sweet and innocent to pass up. The throw is heavy initially, but lightens up upon drydown, although I continue to catch wafts of it for hours and hours after applying it. If I apply it in the morning before work, I need to apply again after lunch, and that will carry me through the rest of the day.

Treat #1

In the bottle: fizzy pink lemonade and watermelon flavoured boiled sweets. It's an explosion of fruit and sugar!

Wet on skin: this scent sweetens and becomes even more sugary but also more citrus-y, and effervesces on my skin!

Dry on skin: oh, such a fun scent! This is pink lemonade and sugar on me! So wonderfully sweet but with that lemon-lime sharp bite to it that adds a really 'fizzy' feel to the scent. I smell watermelon candy as well, as opposed to watermelon fruit. The sugar note in here is very similar to Xanthe's. This scent really sparkles…it's like fairy dust, sherbet and summer lemonade. This is the lovechild of Fee and Snow Angel.

After a while: I am surprised at how long the lime note is lasting. Usually citrus notes fade fast, but it seems this 'pink lime' component (I didn't know limes could be pink!) is one of two citrus notes that lasts ages on my skin, the other one being blood orange. The sugar is still the strongest note of all, but I like the balance of sugary sweetness and citrus sharpness-and it's not that annoying fake 'sour sweets' scent, it smells like real (albeit highly sugared) citrus.

Verdict: this is what happens when Fee and Snow Angel have a child…it's this little treat. This is a lot more wonderful than I expected. This is like sherbet lemons and pink lemonade with spun sugar and boiled sweets in watermelon, strawberry and lime flavours all mixed up in a fantastic sugar overload. I was worried this would be too sweet, almost enough to give me cavities, but Beth seems to have a wonderful new sugar accord which is in Xanthe, and also in here-it smells like pure sugar but isn't cloying at all. And there's a lovely citrus side to the scent which balances out the sugar. This scent is full of happiness and smiles, it's energetic and bubbly and so damn FUN! There's nothing serious or deep to this. It makes me smile, makes me think that I'm six years old and that the sun is shining and the world is a wonderful place full of lollipops, rainbows and fairy dust. This is the perfect scent to nurture my inner child. I'm not sure if I need a bottle because it's so similar to Xanthe and Yemaya at times, but it's also different to these. I love it anyway. This is being reserved for summer.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes! Though whether I need a bottle and not just a decant, I'm not sure.

If you like this, try: Yemaya, Glitter, Bon Vivant, Xanthe the Weeping Clown

Edited by yeahbutnobut