Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A super-sweet, glittering mountain of crushed hard candy: watermelon, pink lime, lemon, strawberry and piles upon piles of crystalline sugar.

Like many others, I get watermelon Jolly Ranchers and Nerds from this, like they were squashed up into a big, gooey ball together.

Sweet, tart, and very...clear smelling.

Ultimately, it's cute, but not something that I particularly desire to smell like. Edited by suileach

in the bottle fizzy, watermelon-y candy, pink and green. mountains of sugar, indeed.

wet on skin amp, thou watermelon! fruity, cheerful, and really, really shiny smelling.

dry on skin the effervescent quality disappears on drydown and the fruit slowly morphs over time until a couple of hours later, it's just a hint of strawberry-ish fruit.

super fun and it intrigues the masses.

in the vial: cavity central! sugar, sugar and candied sugar to top it off. (and watermelon jolly ranchers crushed thoroughly into the mix!) :D

wet on skin: yep. melon. not the sweet, natural summertime melon of Yemaya, no. this is PURE candy rock sugar. nothing else. and it is GOOD. :D

dry down: sweet yummy hard candy. it flits from watermelon to cherry and back again but no worries- either way it's getting the job done! :D

in all: SUGAR RUSH!!! :P

In the bottle, this smells AMAZING. Fruity and sugary, like a summer day when you're a kid.

Unfortunately, on my skin it turns pretty soapy quite quickly. It still smells GOOD, but...like soap. Like Body Shop fruit-flavoured soap. I still like it, but I wish that it smelled as amazing on my skin as it does in the bottle.

Wet: Gummi worms.

First on: Generic dry sweetness.

Dry: Just...gummi candy. Not unpleasant, but not perfume.

Treat #1

Watermelon and lime candy! Dries down to pure strawberry.

Sniffed: Sugary, fruity hard candies! Watermelon and citrus, for sure. Tart, sweet, and a little artificial.

Wet: Delicious musky fruit, much less sugary and no longer fake on my skin, with loads of lime and watermelon, and some strawberry too. Much more juicy and distinctly pink in feel.

Dry: The candy/sugar note in this has a bit of creaminess to it, sort of like Velvet Unicorn, though not quite that creamy, and more musky. The citrus holds wonderfully on my skin, and I adore this watermelon note. The strawberry only goes a tiny bit plastic.

Summary: Wahhhh. This goes to chemically plastic with wafts of artificial watermelon candy. :( Good throw, but fades to nothing after 3 hours. I'm so sad!

I received an empty of this from a very kind forumite, and managed to swipe a bit of oil off for a review. This is very much like Candy Phoenix, only maybe a bit more tart. It's really making me crave sours, or a Sour Puss drink. Actually, if you've ever had a Sour Puss raspberry drink, this is pretty much it. I enjoy the sours and drink, but this is not something I would wear. Very glad to have tried it, however!

Yum! :yum: Treat #1 smells like watermelon Jolly Ranchers :D Actually, I think this may be the first watermelon-based BPAL scent I've tried!

This is all watermelon hard candies with just a hint of lime. It's super sugary sweet and totally delicious.

It's not something I'll wear every day but I'm really happy to have got hold of a partial 5ml of this :)

Resisting...tempation...to...NOM my arm....

In the beginning it's sweet, fizzy and very candy-like. I'm guessing the lime is making it smell fizzy. But the fizzyness tones down a bit (but doesn't leave) and I'm left with hard candy with a little perfumey edge.

Treat #1

On: Wow. Jolly Ranchers. Tart, shiny, hard, and sweet.

1 hour in: Sweet and tart, but with an odd vegetable note. (My skin does this sometimes to sweeter oils.)

2 hours in: Powdery, slightly sour candies, with that vegetable note in the background.

3 hours in: Brighter now. Still powdery, but even more tart. Unfortunately, that vegetable note is stronger.

Overall: This was really fun at first, but my skin ruined it.

This is straight up juicy lemon slathered in citrus and berries.

Wet - for once the melon completely amps on my skin! Whoooo. The first time Beths melon has ever done this. And the lemon hides, yay for not smelling like pledge (when it comes to lemon). Strawberry lemon sticky sweet magicalness!

Dry - Oh wait, there it is. Pledge bathroom cleaner, only for a second or two. It keeps morphing! There is a strong powdered candy undertone which keeps the lemon from being too chemical on me, but lemon tends to always do this. I want this blend to stay wet forever, because it was utterly perfect that way.