Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The essence of nobility, brutality and true Will made flesh and propelled through the eons by an ever-burning hatred: black patchouli, neroli, tonka, cinnamon, bitter clove, leather, black musk, coffin wood and fiery ginger.

When I put this on, it was mostly a sweet and nutty clove smell. Now that it's been dry for a couple of hours, it's definitely become masculine and colognic. I think I'm getting the ginger and maybe some of the leather and cinnamon. I don't know what coffin wood would smell like... dry, or what. I don't really detect any wood right now, but this one is morphing delciously so we'll see what's what in a couple more hours.

Very light and stays close to the skin. Edited by Shollin

Meeow! This scent is very sexy! I get clove, clove, clove, which is excellent because I love spiciness. A couple sniffs of it and I can detect ginger and BLAM the black musk. A delicate sweetness lingers cautiously in the back, thank goodness, and I'm guessing that's the neroli.

Unfortunately, the throw of Count Dracula is nil and he vanishes on my skin as quickly as he appeared. I'm surprised I don't have the twin fang marks to prove the delightful encounter.

I am in love. In love, I tell you. I haven't fallen this hard for a scent since the first incarnation of Geek. Count Dracula is teh sex.

In the bottle: Cinnamon and clove and a bit of neroli.

On my skin: The dominant notes are cinnamon and leather, which suits me fine. I don't get any more clove or neroli, and the black musk doesn't peek its head out at all, but that's perfectly okay. It's a warm, seductive scent. It's rather masculine, but once it dries, it softens and is unisex enough that I can wear it without feeling like I'm borrowing my boyfriend's cologne. So very, very sexy.

I need another bottle of this. Mein Gott.

I was also surprised at how much lighter this is on me than I thought it would be. There is a lot of leather on my skin, along with clove and ginger. This is a little reminiscent of Torture King to me, also (which on my skin was again pretty light). The other notes are definitely taking a back seat. I do not dislike this one, but it does not stand out to me the way that some of the other OotD blends have. I think, though, that with age I will like this a lot more, so I am definitely keeping it.

Mmm, sexy woody spiciness. :P

I was a little bit scared of the black patchouli, but it's superbly blended and does not take over. I love the ginger and clove...mmm.

I need a bottle for me...and one for my husband.

I generally don't stereotype fragrances, but Count Dracula smells very goth-style to me, lol. In that I'd expect a dark haired boy with the black leather jacket to smell like this... all brooding and cold.

The black leather is the main note that comes out on my skin, and I don't really like how cold this type of leather smells. Then there's a hint of citrussy neroli and some spice. The spice isn't sweet though, it's a bit sharp... definitely the 'bitter cloves' and 'fiery ginger.' The black musk comes out more in the drydown, and this takes on a classic men's cologne sort of smell.

I don't really like this sort of leather or this sort of spice, so my bottle will be finding a new home. Sadly, the only blend that I've really loved from The Order of the Dragon series has been the wonderful Quincey Morris (sexy cowboy in a bottle).

at first: lots of neroli, with a bit of cinnamon and ginger.

on: warm clove and a bit of musk.

1.5 hours later: woodsy. i can't really pick any notes out.

4 hours later: kind of spicy, but mostly powdery.

overall: this is ok, but not for me.

Boys are so annoying sometimes. This was the first bottle my husband actually ASKED ME TO ORDER FOR HIM. Shocking. I read the notes to him, he was all intrigued and liked the name and stuff. So along came the Count with my other goodies. I plopped the Bottle o' Dracula next to the boy when it arrived. Where it sat, gathered dust, and was never opened even after weeks went by.

So I filched it. On me, the ginger amps a lot. I've noticed that with other things- Storyville is so very ginger on me it's like a vanilla version of Shub. Shub Niggurath itself is a whopping boatload of ginger. I don't mind. I like Beth's ginger note. Dracula is like the manly version of Shub, on my skin. It's got much less of a "foody ginger" thing going on, and more of a sharp masculine thing. Not so much for me now I reaaallly want the boy to wear it. I do get a hint of clove, a bit of leather, but primarily it's ginger. The musk and patchouli are quiet for now. I assume they may have more to say for themselves as time goes by.

Now, I'm gonna find the boy, pin him down and douse him with Dracula, no matter how much he protests (and he will- he's committed to Talvikuu at the moment and won't have anything to do with any other scents). I have no doubt that it will be swoon-worthy on him, and probably less gingery.

When Order of the Dragon was first released, Count Dracula sounded really nice, but some of the notes reminded me too much of Dracul, which went horribly wrong on my skin after a few minutes. Still, after reading the reviews (CLOVE!!!), I was convinced to let the Count hop a ride along with White Moon & her entourage--and am I ever glad that I did!

The first time I tried this scent, it was all clove, and as much as I love clove, it started to become a little overwhelming after awhile. I wasn't sure it was a keeper, but to be fair, I decided to give him another chance, especially since I had about nine other scents scattered about on every spare inch of arm I had. However, when I wore the Count today, it quickly morphed from pure clove into a scent I always associate with amber--at least, it is a scent that I often get in the other bpal blends I have with amber in them, so I guess I'm really just assuming it's amber. I don't know what note was the culprit, but I loved getting soft whiffs of it for a few hours until it faded to a soft, pleasant scent on my skin. Think I'll have to snatch up another bottle before he disappears for good.

eta: After my next experience with the Count, it seems the amber I was getting was coming from some left-over Schwarzer Mond that I had worn the previous day. Odd, it survived the morning shower & everything! Or even more odd, perhaps it was that rare phenomena where a scent seems to sink right into your bloodstream & eminate from your very pores, even a week after you've worn it last. Dunno. Either way, the next time I wore CD, he was all clove after the drydown, clove with a hard, burnt edge. I kept one bottle & swapped away my backup; I like him enough, but it isn't true love, I think. A scent for specific days & moods, only.

Edited by sixthsentinel

To me, this smells sweet & herbal in the bottle. On my skin, it is warm, spicy and just a touch fiery, very seductive. It reminds me a bit of Opium with its lush richness and sweet resins. There is nothing masculine about this scent on me, but I would consider it a winter, seduction or winter seduction scent.

This is not at all what I was expecting. I was a little worried it would turn all leather, but instead, its all fire! All im getting is clove, cinnamon, and ginger with a tiny hint of sweetness barely making it in. I'm pleasantly surprised, although I'm not sure this is something I could wear. It becomes less fiery as time goes by, but i'm still unsure about this one. I love it though. It's really an amazing scent. Perfect for Hallowe'en!

ETA: okay. now I smell the black musk and the spicyness has gone away. But now it's too light. maybe these things will amp up with age? hopefully. I would really like to get that middle ground between the sweet + musky and the fiery + sharp.

added Nov. 20:

mmm. this is wonderful. at first it's completely spicy explosion of cinnamon, clove, and ginger, but then it dries down to a wonderful sweet smell, but still a bit spicy. I love it! It's a great fall scent and just wonderful period. This really fits the Count!

added March 1:

this is one of my favorite scents. It smells exactly how clove cigarettes should smell, but don't. It's clovey and spicy with some smokiness. I'm so glad i bought a bottle of this. The perfect me in a bad mood or feeling dark scent. I get lots of compliments too.

Edited by argylexsoul

Dark and rich. Cinnamon is definitely the top note, but this is well blended and there are touches of everything else coming through. It has a metallic feel to it as well. I don't know that I would call this a man's scent, although the leather is trying to pull it that way. I like it.

Strange musky scent. Almost sour and more than a little bitter. I can catch the cinnamon in this with a lot of black musk and heavy clove. Not as seductive as I thought Count Dracula ought to be though. Then again, I'm just not drawn to the musky masculine colognes out there these days.

Count Dracula

In the imp: a spicy sweet ginger scent. Wonderfully warm spices, almost comforting.

Wet on skin: mmm, now the leather and woods start to come in, and the cinnamon is apparent.

Dry: whoa! This is wonderful stuff. Hot, fiery, sweet spices like cinnamon, clove and ginger burst into life, dancing on top of a layer of black, sexy leather, musk, patchouli and woods. But it’s so fantastically spicy and warm, it’s almost like evil chai tea spilt on leather. The spicy scent is almost like that of Three Witches.

After a while: now the spices tone down a touch, and the woodsy, musky leather comes out a little more. There’s a lovely smooth sweetness to it and I can barely smell the patchouli. The ginger still hovers around.

The tonka comes out a little more and I realise that’s the source of the rich sweetness. Now this strongly resembles Perversion, and I love that.

Verdict: the only word that comes to mind when I wear this isn't a word but a noise...rrrrroooowww! I knew this would be good from the notes but I wasn’t expecting it to be this. Fucking. Delicious. It starts off with the most wonderfully spicy scent, a fabulous, warm, cracking blend of my favourite spices all over black leather. This is like Three Witches down at the bondage club. This is vampire chai tea. This is better than Geek. And it’s sexy as hell. The spicy scent does fade a bit but that’s when the woody leather and the tonka do their thing and this becomes the unholy lovechild of Bow and Crown and Perversion. It’s wonderful from start to finish. It’s strange because this is both comforting and warming-a perfect winter scent-and yet evil and naughty and a little kinky as well. That’s all good to me. I’m getting more of this. Who would have thought that Dracula could smell so shaggable? It smells good on me but I bet this will smell devastatingly good on a guy.

Emoticon rating: :P :D :D

Is it a keeper? Yes. I need more!

If you like this, try: Dracul, Three Witches, Perversion, Bengal, Bow and Crown

Edited by yeahbutnobut

It reminds me of Blood Moon, one of my favorites, :D It's the spicy, musky feral thing, but this is black, while Blood Moon is red. BM always made me feel like a Vampire out on the hunt having a feeding frenzy, but this is a calmer vampire exuding a laid back confidence. Count Dracula is extremely sexy, he combines the energy and vitality of a youth with the wisdom and experience of age like only a vampire can.

Sometimes I smell a whiff of soap, which is the ginger...I guess the Count likes to bathe... :P

In the bottle: Clove, tempered by the other scents.

Wet: Clove. It's not the type of clove that I usually like. The patchouli comes out a bit, but not much of anything else.

Drydown: This softens eventually into little more than the black musk.

Sigh.

You know...I wanted this one so badly. It was the one OoTD scent whose description leaped off the page when I read through the update. It sounded so perfect for me. It smelled so sexy when I sniffed someone else's bottle at last week's Meet and Sniff.

The ONLY thing I can smell when the Count hits my skin is musty coffin wood. Not a single other note. Just that.

It's very evocative, but...damnit.

Every once in a while I think I might get a whiff of ginger behind it, but that might be wishful thinking. This one just isn't great on me.

Long ago I loved Perversion. Somehow like most of my favorite scents, I eventually grew quite sick of it, but continued to miss the associations it had originally invoked in me - sexy men in leather, dark clubs, clove cigarettes and general debauchery. Count Dracula brought that all back with a bang. I can't quite pick up all the notes but this smells mostly like patchouli, clove, cinnamon and what I swear is a very faint mint note. I adore it. I associate this with summer, though, not sure why. There's something chilly at its heart that I think will be perfect on a hot Arizona day.

Bottle: Holy Mama, this is hot!

Wet: patchouli and coffin wood dusted with the scent of earth, then into a light blend of leather and musk, and here comes the warm spicy vanilla of the tonka

Dry: warm ginger, clove, cinnamon, vanilla tonka, just a hint of neroli, just enough leather and musk, and a barely there earthiness

This is sexy and mysterious, masculine and warm and biting all at once. It is definitely a masculine blend, but I have no problem wearing this one. Hella sexy.

In the bottle, leather, spice & musk. On skin it's the same with a touch of sweetness. Elegant & warm with an undercurrent of darkness. A bit light on me, fades to barely there rather quickly. On my honey it's stronger...better. Very yummy!

Bottle: sharp, dark, and terribly sinister.

Wet: clove, leather, and patchouli are more clearly identifiable, the ginger a hint behind. And pepper, for some reason.

Dry: very masculine, the leather is foremost, followed by the dark notes..no sign of the neroli or tonka.

Later: much the same, only slightly mellowed. might need to try this on Bri, but leather doesn't care much for me.

In the vial: moss and stone, like from a sepulcher(I'm certain that I spelled that incorrectly)

Wet: still moss and stone.

Dry: OMG. Underneath the moss and stone there is hot pulsating life! This is certainly an intriguing scent!

Count Dracula - Imagine if Spanked were spicier and a little less strong in the leather department and a good ten times better than it is. There you go: that's what Count Dracula smells like. I'm so replacing ALL of my Spanked with Count Dracula! The leather, clove and cinnamon are the dominant notes, but behind it I can definitely smell the woodiness of the patchouli and coffin wood mixing with the spiciness of a Shub-like ginger. This is really incredible and definitely the most amazing of all TOotD scents. The sillage is impeccable and it lasts for several hours on my skin. Simply amazing.

Count Dracula

Sensual spicy and raw, just like our bitey sexy Dracula!

Not too masculine, the spices add a soft caress to his ministrations. The coffinwood is divinely dry- almost cedarlike.

This goes into heavy rotation and into my top 10.

Oooh. This is really nice. Clove and Cinnamon on leather. Not overwhelming leather, like I was afraid of, though it's definitely there. Also, it doesn't remind me so much of clove cigarrettes as real cloves. Some wood comes through on me buy mostly it's spiced leather. Not at all too masculine for me though I intend to try in on hubby anyway.

Very much a Winter scent. Very warm and comforting. A side to the Count that I hadn't considered :P