Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

To this day, that night of foolishness is still celebrated! This is a light-hearted scent: apple orchards, bright cranberries, and a touch of warm cider.

Delicious apple with a hint of cranberry and spice. Very fresh smelling, I love it!

This was only my second LE. I was looking for a very fall, cidery scent and I think I found it!

In the bottle: All the notes blended exactly as described....apples, cranberries, and cider

Wet on the skin: The apple amped all for a second, then the cider went NUTZO then it calmed down.

Dry: smells very nearly on me exactly like in the bottle, all blendy and wonderful! It does have some throw on me. And it lasted all day! It took a slight powdery turn at the very end of the day but not bad.

Is it a keeper? YES, I may even be purchasing a backup.

I do plan on letting it age to see if that helps the powders.

in the decant: reminds me very much of The Hesperides, but better. Green apples and that 'orchard' note, which is very strange to my nose.

wet: the woodiness mellows- apples and spices now.

dry: gets very faint after drydown (fresh, slightly woody apples and spices), but fresh BPAL almost always does this to me. So far I like it but I don't need more. I will report back if I fall in love and end up ordering a bottle.

Punkie Night (2010 Version)

In the bottle and wet: Tart, crispy green apples. There's definitely a damp, cool feeling here, and very light spice. As it dries it gets a bit more spicy, but it's still very light. There's not much left of it after an hour or so. Hopefully it will get stronger with age. I can't pick out the cranberries, though they may add to the overall tartness of the scent.

Much later Edit: Deciding to let this one go. It's just too light on me and fades too fast. Seems my skin just soaks up the apple note.

Edited by sunlitgarden

YUM--crisp, tart apples sweetened with cranberries! These are definitely the apples of a cool autumn orchard. I love that this doesn't make me think of generic apple spice candles, too--it's fresh and light and smells very realistically fruity.

In the IMP sweet sweet fresh crisp green apples. On me – gorgeous spicy sweet and crisp apples!! OMG this is amazing. This is all apple goodness with a slight spicy ciderness to it. I can smell a small amount of cranberry but golden green apples is the most dominant scent and I :heart: it!!

Wow, this is strong. The strongest BPAL scent I've tried so far. I say that because I had a very physical reaction to sniffing this wet: Something hit me in the back of the throat, like the first tickles of strep, and my mouth watered heavily and my back teeth started to ache. :huh:

Luckily, it isn't nearly as strong after it dries on my skin, but in those first few minutes I think I could seriously be in danger of anaphylaxis. Like whoa.

The scent itself is reminiscent of the Yankee Candle scent Home Sweet Home. I'm hoping this will mellow with time.

Bright, fresh, crisp apples!!! This is so lovely. The tartness of the cranberries swirls around in the back, but it's mostly apples on me. It seems to stay fairly close to my skin though - or my skin is just eating this up. I wish it had more throw. But really pretty!

Yep.. CRISP apples. Bright, fresh and acidic. I tested this against To Autumn from Weenie 08 (a bottle of which I already have) and Lambswool from this year because I really don't need a ton of apple blends (I'm dont reach for fruity blends often). And what I decided was this.. To Autumn is fairly smokey and the apple there is almost dried- less sweet and fairly subtle. Lambwool starts out with a lot of YUMMY apple, spice and awesome cream.. then turns to cheap spice isle on my skin. And Punkie Night.. well it's tasty and the blend that stays the most apply on me with time, pretty much straight Juicy Apple.. but in the end I don't love love any of the three :lol:

Edited by MCS4096

Apples. Definitely not overly sweet apples, very crisp. There's fresh apples, and sort of an airy note, and a bit of light spicing that puts me in mind of cider. I don't get much cranberry that I can readily identify, but that's probably what is keeping this from going too sweet. This would make a really, really awesome autumnal atmospheric spray. I have a lot of apple scents, though, and I don't think I'd reach for this more than the others, particularly Fearful Pleasure.

From wet to dry, this smells amazing. Appley goodness with a faint suggestion of cider, with a healthy tart kick of cranberry.

Unfortunately, it smells like a candle, or something you'd want your home to smell like. It's a strange sort of scent to wear as a perfume.

That said, it's so good and encompasses autumn so well that I'm going to wear it anyways.

Very beautiful.

Cool apple and cranberry that sadly decides to go sour on me. Worth a try, but is sadly nt my thing. Ah well.

Ripe red apples, a bit of bark and orchard air, tart cranberries, a little bit of fizzy boozy cider. Perhaps the tiniest sprinkle of cinnamon. Far dry down is warm red apple with a hint of cranberry tang. The ultimate autumnal scent. What else is there to say?

Blargh. I'd really been hoping for a nice autumnal scent. I have found, however, that Bpal apple goes 100% potpourri on me. From wet-to-dry on my skin, this scent is fake, perfumey apples, with fake, perfumey spices. Sigh. I'll re-test, but I don't have much hope.

2010 Version

Crisp apple blossom scent. Cranberry note is light on me and just adds a bit of tartness to the scent to keep it from going all apples on me.

This is my fav scent out of this yrs Halloweenies! (also my first year of halloweenies lol)

In the bottle i smell yummy crisp apples. But on my skin wet & dry it smells more like an apple orchard, not foody apples. Crisp, clean with nights dew barely starting to cover them. I don't get any berries sadly, BUT I STILL LOVE IT! :joy: Can't stop sniffing my wrist

My first review!

Wet, I smell APPLES- juicy crisp apples, yummy. As it dries, I get something sweeter starting to come through, a lovely warm cider smell. Excellent throw but not too overpowering- I wore it to work yesterday & I could smell it all shift. I'll go through my imp in no time, a bottle is a definite must have for me :wub2:

A lovely, apple-y fresh fall scent!! The apple is strongest (and tartest) when wet. When it dries down, it reminds me a lot of Fearful Pleasure, which is another fall love of mine.

Green apples, crisp and juicy, with cranberry. It's a cooler scent than I imagined and so it brings me mental images of a twilit sky over an orchard, walking between the trees dressed in warm woollens and boots, craving a pint of homemade cider once I reach my destination.

Punkie Night 2010

In the Bottle:

smells like a fresh leafy apple orchard!

on my Skin, Wet:

YANKEE CANDLES!!

no apples, no cranberries, just waxy overly artificial perfumed candles :(

On my Skin, Dry:

Ok, the candles scent has gone away now.

it's become kind of spicy somehow, but I am getting the cranberries and some apples at this point.

Verdict:

this might have been the blend I was wanting to try the most for 2010, but the candle phase turned me off somewhat.

I was planning on getting another bottle of this one, but I think I'll pass.

ETA: 7.29.2011

After almost a full year, this is now gorgeous & lost it's 'candle' note.

I get crisp apples, and a general autumn feel from this scent now.

It's very evocative of the season and I would definitely pick up a new bottle if released in 2011.

Edited by Akurarei

Punkie Night 2010

In the bottle: Fresh apples and a little bit of berry

Wet on the skin: Apple scented candle and sweet berries (surely cranberries shouldn't smell sweet??), it's very similar to Lambs Wool in the initial stages, but with spice instead of fizziness.

Drydown: My skin must devour apples, because the apples fade progressively and after 4 hours I'm left with the berry sweetness and very faint spice.

It's not horrible or anything, but it's not brilliant on me either, and The Hesperides is still my favourite BPAL apple scent.

Very fresh and appley to start with. As it dries, it gets more candy-like and a nut scent is coming through. This would be nice as pot pourri, but I'm just not into apple, and these notes just don't jive for me anyways.

I have the 2010 version

In the bottle: Apples and a tiny touch of spice.

Wet: Sweet apples with something a bit tart.

Drydown: a bit of cinnamon and something a little creamy comes through with the apples

Dry: It smells a bit like an Autumn themed candle, but I like it. It's warm, appley, a little creamy, and not too sweet.

In Bottle: Oh, apple cider joy! Joy I tell you! Crisp apples floating in cider with a hint of spices bubbling in there too.

Wet: Spices are growing and I'm getting "Massachusetts country store".

15 Minutes: Aaaand... there goes my wonky chemistry. Cinnamon. Almost pure cinnamon. I'm gonna try to wait it out but it's like I shoved an cinnamon stick up my nose.

Dry: Back to apple cider joy! A bit sweeter and creamier than before.

Overall: The good news is that it's lovely. A perfect, sweet, rich, slightly spiced, cider scent. Fantastic for fall/winter. Bad news is that I have to smush my nose flat against my wrist to get any of the fabulousness. I've never, never, never had something die so fast on me. Less than a hour and it's all but gone. Might be one for a locket.