Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
noumenon

TKO

“Many things -- such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly -- are done worst when we try hardest to do them.”

I have a hard time falling asleep, so I bought a bottle. I am pretty much a skeptic, so I didn't expect much from it. Well, after 3-4 times using it at bedtime, I can honestly say, it does help you sleep. The only time it didn't work so far is when my head had racing thoughts. To its credit though, I didn't have to take an anti-anxiety pill. It kept me calm enough to get through the anxiety. Initially it smells like a soft lavender with a slight mint scent. The mint fades quickly and you get this lavender/vanilla blend that is really lovely. It's not candy sweet, but does smell like sugar. So I guess vanilla marshmallow is about right. It has a strong throw so a little goes a long way. My default bedtime scent.

I gave this a full slathering last night feeling skeptical about its powers in helping me fall asleep and stay asleep. I must say that TKO lives up to its name! :P

In the imp: lavendar and vanilla marshmallows.

Wet on Skin: Soft, lulling lavendar that helped me go fast to sleep! :D

Drydown (the next morning) I felt like I was waking up on a bed of lavendar and vanilla marshmallows!!!! :D

My imp will definitely get some more use and I may have to procure a bottle before school begins!!! :D

In The Bottle

Sweet lavender and vanilla

On Application

Lavender, sweet and rounded out by what I think is vanilla

Dry Down

I love lavender and I love lavender with vanilla. This is gorgeous. I must try it next time I am having difficulty sleeping. A definite bottle for me :P

Rating (0-5)

Lavender and vanilla and sugar - you wouldn't think something this sweet would knock me out so much, but it's amazing the way this just...wraps you up and helps you drift off to sleep. This is a top-ten favorite for me.

I was really expecting something like a lavender vanilla so when I tested this, I was surprised to discover a very yummy lemon/vanilla butter-cream. It's vanilla citrus and cream with some sweetness. Sweet innocence.

There was a hint of lavender when it was first applied but in vanished within a couple minutes. It reminds me of a feeling you have in childhood where you were tucked in a clean, freshly made bed, snuggled with a favorite stuffed animal and feel like the world is a safe place where you are loved and adored because in the air, you can smell the cake your mommy is making for your birthday tomorrow. That is the secret to TKO. You fall asleep feeling utterly loved and safe.

Beth has managed to bottle a happy childhood. Wow.

I adore it :P

(got a sniffie from dear Dark Alice :D )

it is true lavender & vanilla marshmallows.. I LOVE it!

*need bottle!*

I kept wondering what all the fuss was about for TKO...I thought, "surely it can't be that good??"

WELL.

I sniffed it at the last ECWC and immediately bought a bottle. Right after application it is a sharp, medicinal lavender with sugar lurking in the background. After 5 minutes or so, the lavender calms down and the vanilla sugar comes through. It's truly amazingly comforting. I used some tonight when I was having anxiety issues and it did help me to calm down. I've also been applying it every night. I don't know if it helps me sleep, but it is a lovely bedtime scent, and wonderful to wake up to.

i got a decant of tko in a swap with a lovely forumite. :P now... i don't like lavender. at *all*. it doesn't work on me. in fact it smells like burning awfulness on my skin, to be exact. but TKO is so nice and comforting and sweet that i am considering a bottle purchase just to slather it all over my stuffed animals and pillows when i go to bed. my pandapple now smells like sweet vanilla marshmallows every morning, hehe.

TKO. A powerful but simple blend of creamy, warm vanilla and lavender.

At first it starts off extremely herbal (which is just fine with me.) I adore lavender and it all it's herbally goodness. However, after dry down the creamy sweetness of vanilla combines with astringent lavender and I am left with an amazing soothing blend that wraps it's arms around me and comforts me.

Sugary marshmallow lavander, it`s so strong I can smell it with the bottle closed, and it makes me so happy :P the lavander fades fast leaving place to a sea of sweet sugar. It`s heavenly and I guess I won`t just use it to sleep, having no problem on that side. It`s addicting like junk food.

This is exactly the kind of sweet, foody scent that I won't wear during the day, but I love it at night. The first night I used it, I accidentally wiped it across one edge of my pillow. Now I find myself always wanting to sleep against that edge. (Quite handy, actually, since one of my shoulders is acting up and I'm a side sleeper.)

I think I'll be getting a bottle.

one scent i wish to hoard in litres. literally.

i was a bit sceptical about TKO at first, i mean, it's supposed to be so simple and transparent. and then i tried it. and now i can't live without it.

when i feel the worst, am at the edge of my nerves or feel completely stressed out, TKO is the last straw of help.

on skin this is a lovely sweet lavender with a vanilla undertone. it is amazingly comforting and relaxing, and i would reccomend it to everyone.

i am seriously considering it as a christmas present for all my close ones this year, i simply cannot find a person who wouldn't benefit from having it around :P

This. Is. Perfection.

Herbally lavender marshmallows made in dreamland :P

This stuff it powerful, i.e. I crack open the lid of my imp and my eye-lids start drooping. This is like Valium. I am a high-school student, so staying up until the wee hours of the morning is all too familiar to me, but in the event that I need to drop like a rock, TKO is what I reach for. I don't have a bottle of the oil but I do have massage oil coming to me. But this smells so incredibly good that I can't possibly imagine being without a bottle of it, so I think a bottle will find it's way to me soon, even though I need no sleep help.

But if you're looking for sleep oils, this is the best, IMO.

If only I could wear this without falling asleep w/in the minute...... SO GORGEOUS.

As a scent, this isn't very complex. It's a sugared lavender, with maybe a little bit of vanilla. It smells almost identical to lavender cookies I bake sometimes. It's warm and comforting, but not something I would wear as a perfume. However, I wore it to bed last night and it was the first really GOOD night's sleep I've had in forever. It was great! I woke up this morning refreshed and energetic (which NEVER happens). I may have to have a whole bottle of this one!

Wow! The perfect nighttime blend ever!!

I put this scent on right before I fell asleep, and I actually woke up feeling rested! The scent is a beautiful sugary lavender that is very calming. I would definitely recommend this scent to those who have trouble sleeping as well as those who like lavender! Definite keeper for me!

i have been avoiding the Panacea oils, i'm not sure why. i guess because i know i need them all, and also that they mean business. this isn't just "oh, let me toss this on cause it smells good". no. this is serious stuff. but it's time.

so i started with TKO. as a person with intense and chronic sleep problems coupled with post traumatic stress and the lopping thoughts that often accompany it, TKO seemed like the right one to try first.

i was not disappointed. first of all, it smells like a combination of lavender and cream, which was a bonus, because although "medicinal" scents are more for their healing powers, it's always nice when they smell good, too. :P

i put some TKo on my hands right before i fell into bed. and i was out like a light. now, i *was* really tired, it's true. but i often get the type of insomnia where i'm fully exhausted and still can't fall asleep easily. but this felt pretty miraculous. i'm a changed person- one who has to get all the Panacea to help what ails me. :D

In the imp: Minty herbal

Wet: Spackle?!? That's the weirdest first impression of a BPAL I've ever had -- it started out smelling just like joint compound, like somebody was putting up sheetrock. Bizarre.

Drying: Okay, now it's starting to smell a little more, well, normal. Still very herbal, with a bit of mint. I think whatever herbal note is in this might have been what my nose initially read as spackle. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was lavender, 'cause I'm starting to notice that anything with lavender in it initially goes all bonkers in my nose, like "omg, this is horrible, wretched, how could you ever possibly like such foul -- oh, wait, never mind, hang on a sec."

Later: Food? It's settled into something nice, very pleasant and soothing, but there's a puzzling note, not bad, just puzzling ... and it smells like, I dunno, part of beer? Like hops, maybe? Hm.

I'll have to try this on someone else to see about the sleep-inducing qualities ... I tend to test before bed, so I'm drowsy now, but that could just be 'cause it's getting late.

Ahhhh, TKO. Perfect for bedtime.

This starts out with a blast of herbal lavender, but right on its heels is the scent of sweet vanilla marshmallows. Probably would be too sweet to wear out and about during the day, but this is a perfect scent for bedtime--great for knocking out stale air or heater smells so that you can drift off to sleep peacefully...

:yum: Cozy, sleepy, bedtime. I don't usually like lavender in my perfumes, but this, I know, is therapy. There is an inital blast of LAVENDER eo (OMG this is SO not relaxing!) but it QUICKLY (within seconds on my skin) combines with the buttery, chewy, fluffy, and somehow earthy vanilla base. I put this on my kiddo before bed and he didn't wet the bed or wake up in the night (a recent problem due to minor 4 year old stress). DH says this smells "just like a pillow feels". It is clean and fresh yet soft and snuggley, just like a pillow. I fall asleep gently and rest soundly. Brilliant...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Edited by lookingglass

I was very generously frimped a decant of this and the other night I decided to try it before bed because I've had trouble sleeping all the way through the night lately. Lavender usually gives me a headache so I was a little wary of this but I figured I might as well give it a try.

Some of the oil spilled on the label and when I sniff that all I can smell is sweet kind of tingly bright vanilla, no lavender. But when I open up the imp it's a very nice soft lavender with a creamy, smooth vanilla. WOW! If lavender smells like this then I think I can start wearing it again!

It made my skin tingle and burn a little where I put it on, especially my chest. :( No other BPAL oil has ever done that to me and I don't think this would have anything particularly irritating in it. Weird...

So I tried this last night. I haven't been sleeping well the past week, so I was seriously hoping this would help.

First off, it smells amazing. I normally don't like lavender but I love this. It's a nice soft lavender backed by vanilla. My dream vanilla actually. I wish I could wear this as a perfume. Unfortunately, I can't, because it works. I got the best sleep I've had in a week. LOVE this!

In the bottle: lavendar fresh and green

Wet on my skin it becomes a sweet vanilla marshmellow with lavendar underneath.

Dry much the same as wet.

I ordered this because I have anxiety issues that cause issues sleeping. Well with this I had no trouble sleeping, but I di have trouble waking up. I think I will have to try the rest of the panacea blends.

In the bottle: Sweet and herbal...and somehow remind me of tuna salad, but not in a gross way. Just a wtf sort of way. Celery, maybe? And then some medicinal lavender.

Wet: More mentholic-medicinal. Eucalyptus or TTO. The sweetness is like white can sugar, almost granular. This is definitely somewhat foody, if untraditionally.

Dry: That tuna association won't go away, but I can't pinpoint the cause - celery does seem the best guess. And then definitely something medicinal-mentholic. The sugar has become vanillic.

In the bottle and when I first apply I think this smells fishy.. it's just what that combo of lavender and vanilla smells like. BUT as it dries down the lavender mellows dramatically and this does indeed become an amazing thing :D it's soft and cozy and I LOVE it!