Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Tamora (dark yellow oil)

Imp: Peach and vanilla.

Skin: Peaches and cream gummies. At this point, its much too sweet for me! As it dries, the sweetness tones down a bit and its much better. The sandalwood comes out, and I thought I smelled a faint pepper of spices at somepoint...but that faded soon after. The scent ended as peach and sandalwood.
A sweet and girly scent. Its an "okay" blend for me, I don't mind it but I don't think I would wear it myself. Edited by Styx

The dominant notes here are the peach, amber and vanilla which mix into a velvety scent that I like a lot. It's a golden velvet. The example that springs to mind is from a book: Quest for a Maid. Anyway, amber velvet figures prominently in the book for a bit, and I imagine this is that fabric made into a scent. Rich, luxurious, golden. Powerful? I would have liked something with a bit more of an edge to it - claws or knives beneath the velvet. Tamora was a bitch, after all.

But it's really a beautiful scent and I may get a bottle.

Overall Tamora is a very well blended scent. It's a sweet, round, bright, warm scent, with the peach and sandalwood dominant. It has a medium to high level of throw and lasts pretty well. It gets less and less sweet the longer you wear it. Wearing it makes me feel confident and powerful, but still relaxed and able to have fun. When I wore Tamora to a party last week I received multiple compliments.

When I first tried this I remember it was a bit sweet. When I came back to it a bit over 6 months later, the sandalwood has strengthened and balances the sweetness more. I'm not usually a fan of sweet scents, but I like Tamora (now that she's aged) enough to get a bottle.

Fruity beginning. Now it's settled into a light butterscotch or almondy scent. Oh, it's got vanilla, that explains it. :-) Pretty!

bottle: peachy, amber sandalwood. this smells so heady and amazing!

wet: this smlles like a strong peach wine. the effect is quite fruity but with something strong behind it.

dry: golden amber, warm peach and mellow vanilla. a fantastic blend.

Q. Are there scents in the general catalogue that are so special, so beautiful, so perfect that you feel grateful they are not LE?

A. For me, that would be Tamora.

This is a beautiful scent and it's one that I rarely wear because I never have to test it out to know if I like it. I do and it's gorgeous.

On me this is a playful peach scent. I never would have thought that an amber + any fuit scent would work so well together, but Tamora is the perfect example of this. Beth, you're brillant.

This is a fun, fruity, sweet scent that is made more mature by the amber and the sandalwood. This isn't your little sister's peach body spray, this is Tamora's sexy perfume oil.

I wanted to love this one. I wanted to experience the fruity/sweet/amber-y scent that I could smell in the bottle. It seemed to be a delicious combination, with the sandalwood as a beautiful tint of maturity.

Alas...

Play-dough :P This marks the only Illyria that hasn't worked on me...Now to find what the playdough culprit is...

It DID smell like peach gummies in the imp and when I first put it on, but that didn't last. It is a sweet amber with a hint of sandalwood.

Smells great on my skin so far, I just hope the vanilla won't go all plasticky on me. The amber and the heliotrope, perhaps, are giving it a beautiful body, but the sweetness of the vanilla makes it a bit more feminine and less sultry. I'm hoping the sandalwood will come out more in the dry-down.

I will update my review after a full day's wear.

In the imp Tamora smelled sweet and fruity. On my skin it was sweet vanilla, and something sharp and woody. And playdoh. No fresh peaches for me.

Edited by AmandaKay

At first sniff, and by description, I thought I'd like this blend, what with the peach blossom, sandalwood, and vanilla. However, I hadn't counted on the amber, which has thus far killed every blend it's been in for me, and also the fact that while I like the idea of heliotrope, I haven't liked a singled blend it's been in.

So, suffice to say, after wearing it for an hour or two and forgetting it, I sniffed my wrists and thought "Eugh, dimetapp!" and had to go wash my wrists immediately.

Bottle: Amber

Wet: Amber and peach? Some sandalwood and vanilla, my nose isn't working too well apparently!

Drydown: This is very muted on me, but it's a nice daytime fragrance.

3.0 outta 5

I got this as a freebie from arcticghost. It had been recommended to me, and I was curious about it, but I didn't expect to like it.

When the vial arrived, it had picked up a fair amount of Yvaine on the outside, so I waited a couple days before testing it.

In the imp, I smelled something sweet, with a bit of darkness behind it, probably the amber.

When I dabbed a bit on my wrist, it smelled still sort of sweet, but the amber came to the fore.

Now that it's dry, it's all amber. I wore amber a lot in college, and it's reminiscent of that, except a lot better.

I like it. Definitely a keeper, though I don't know if I'll be buying a 5 mL.

First review? Ah, the pressure.

IN THE IMP: A sharp peachy scent, almost fizzy? Like peach soda or peach wine. Can detect some amber.

WET: The vanilla's starting to come out and the peach is getting stronger. Some florals in the background. I like!

DRY: A vaguely spicy, warm, peachy vanilla. Very sweet, but it's pretty faint on me. Can detect the amber and sandalwood. Very pretty! Roommate and boyfriend also approve. :P

wow i always avoided this one because of the peach, but i just got it as a frimp from the lab and i like it a lot! it's a warm, golden happy scent. the peach is subtle enough to be a supporting note instead of the main thing, which is nice for me, since i don't do fruity notes. all the notes are blended very well, and flow together seamlessly. i'll definitely keep my imp!

I received Tamora as a frimp from Puddin with my BPTP order, I don't think I would have tried it otherwise.

I can first smell the sweet heliotrope. I love heliotrope! I can smell the peach now too.

As it dries down it is warm and fruity. It is sweet but not too sweet, and sophisticated. This is the first GC that I ordered a bottle of.

Thank you Puddin!

Impressions from In Bottle and Wet are before reading the actual description.

In Bottle - gingerbread/something warm and spicey, florals

Wet / just applied - ginger and fruit, amber, something foody like vanilla

Later/Dry - ahhhh. there's peach and vanilla. The amber tones down the fruit a bit, which is good. I didn't think I'd like this at first, but find it's really nice and light. Not too sweet. The heliotrope is coming out more now, and my mom even commented on it. The amber is giving it a bit of an edge on me, so it's not smelling like a little girl. This will probably make a good warm-weather scent.

In the imp: Sweet, but very soft. And there's a sharpness there that I just can't place...

Wet: Still quite sweet. Fruit starts to come out to play, but mostly just that soft sweetness. As it dries down, the peach becomes more pronounced. This is incredibly light on me, but a very pretty scent. The lightness would prevent me from buying a bottle, as I can only smell it when I shove my nose into my wrist. It's a shame, too, because it would make a nice summer scent!

ETA: I wore it again today, and it might just be a tad too fruity for me.

Edited by ViolaVanWilde

I'm not sure how this one has escaped my attention for so long. It seems like the type of scent that would be really popular around the forum.

Wet, it's very sweet and golden, strong on the peach and heliotrope. As it dries, the amber and heliotrope really stand out. Initially, the peach is very fruity, but it becomes more and more floral as it dries. As the peach dries, the vanilla becomes more apparent.

Once dry, it has definitely morphed a lot from the wet phase. It's a much drier and more subdued scent now, as the sandalwood has suddenly gotten a lot more noticeable. I tend to amp sandalwood, but golden sandalwood usually behaves much better for me. That seems to be the case again with this scent.

Dry, it's primarily amber, heliotrope, and sandalwood, with light peachy florals and a soft undertone of creamy vanilla. It's still a little sweet, just not nearly so lush. It's very nice! The throw is on the soft side, but I think this is one you could slather! I don't know yet about wear-life. Try this if you like Kubla Khan, Aglaea, Brisingamen, Haloes.

Like most people, I have five categories of scents

1- Hate. Wash it off! Wash it off!

2- Dislike. Can usually bear it for one day, apply it several times to be sure I am getting a good sense of it. No? Swap.

3- Neutral. A scent that doesn't really do anything for me. Swap or else make into some other sort of product- use to scent my lotion, room scent, etc.

4- Like. An imp that I want to keep and perhaps one day will upgrade to bottle status if I have extra money lying around.

5- Love. One that I keep going back to (usually on the days when I have been testing other new scents) and must have a bottle of.

This one is between neutral and like for me. It is mostly peachy amber on me. I think it would make a nice springtime scent, but nothing to write home about. In order for me to love or even like this, I think it would have to have one of the notes be stronger, not just a faint whiff of something undefinable.

The vanilla and amber and peach are the most prominent part of Tamora. This isn't your standard bold resin or in-you-face peach, though, probably because it's peach blossom and not peach itself. This fragrance is gentle and sweetly feminine. It's light and refreshing. The vanilla rounds it out and the heliotrope lends a refined floral quality to it. Simply beautiful.

In Vial: Warm orange scent

Wet: Can definitely smell the vanilla now. Very light and delicate. It is becoming more complex as it sits. It doesn’t so much smell like orange anymore as the other notes come into play.

Drydown: Becomes a little spicey. I can mostly smell the Amber and Sandlewood with just a hint of the other notes. Is taking on a perfumey smell.

Color:Light yellow orange

Edited by gchris

I think this might be a touch too sweet for me, but it's gorgeous otherwise. It's a golden, sparkling scent. The amber and peach really shine - it's a bit boozy and reminds me of peach schnapps.

The sandalwood comes out more as it dries, lending a spicy-woodsy air. It's still too sweet for me to wear, but I must say that if it were a dessert, I would definitely eat it!

First on, this is quite like Fae. But after it dries, it's almost nothing like Fae.

First dried, it's creamy peaches. Very lovely, very warm.

After a half an hour, the sandalwood really peeps out, and I smell it almost more than anything else. It's spicy, woody, fruity and creamy all at the same time to me, somehow. It's really quite beautiful. Still debating whether or not to get a bottle since it's that time of the month so I need to try it again in a few days just to be sure, but this was really lovely.

Ooh, nice. The amber and golden fruit remind me of Hymn to Proserpine - this is like a lighter version of that with the added peach. Peach can often be a deal breaker for me but in Tamora it's perfectly balanced with the other notes. The sandalwood keeps it grounded and the vanilla gives it a creamy softness. It's sweet but not sickly sweet.

The throw seems to get stronger after it's been on my skin for some time, I think it's the amber getting more warm and rounded.

I'm definitely keeping the imp and seeing how I get along with it and will consider a bottle purchase. I think this would make a lovely summer scent.

In the bottle: Heliotrope, peach and some sandalwood.

On Me: A spicey heliotrope scent. It's sweet and pretty, with a strong vanilla undertone, not sure if its for me, but it's quite nice