Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

I'm going to be one of the few dissenters and say that this is just awful on me. In my frimp, I get no peach; it's all licorice/anise and maybe a drop of musk. On my skin, the musk amps up and anise turns sour and plasticky (where's the peach?! Is my nose just being weird and mistaking the peach for licorice?). The combination of musk (which on its own might be wonderful) with the plasticky licorice is just sickening. Not for me, sadly.

Imp: Surprisingly sharpe...kinda pungent and some floral in there too...

Wet: I get the peaches for sure.

Dry: Nice, but no vanilla...just pungent peach and flowers.

Final Thoughts: I'm "meh" on this one. I just got it for the vanilla note, but since it's not delivering on my skin I'll pass it on.

I am a vanilla-blend person, so.

Wet, it smells lovely and nice and warm from the amber and sandalwood. The florals are right behind, primarily what I think I can recognize as heliotrope from other blends. I am a little worried about the lack of vanilla in the imp and the immediate wet stage, but I am going to persevere.

As it starts to dry, the vanilla comes out a bit more and I can start to smell a bit of peach, but I definitely don't get the sweet peachiness many were reporting. On me, it's primarily a sweet, warm, vanilla-amber-wood scent with a bit of floral and a drop of peachiness in the background.

I was able to age this imp a little bit between my first and second testing. On the first testing, this was a very strong and sweet vanilla with a dusty amber background. However, on the second try, this is a very round and warm vanilla with the slightest bit of peach. I'm much fonder of this when it loses the sweet edge that it has when fresh. This does remind me of Yerevan with a warmer, less juicy base. It's quite nice.

In the bottle:

Peach and vanilla, though mostly vanilla, with a hint of amber.

On skin wet:

It's peach, and not much else! But it's not unpleasant at all.

Dried down:

It's a more subtle peach with a hint of vanilla, and it's gorgeous! But it then sadly it dulls down about an hour later to an overpowering floral-type smell, which isn't so nice, and I ended up removing it after a while. I was very disappointed since it's lovely whilst newly applied.

Edited by Laz

Tamora was very blah at first but then I discovered that I didn't put enough on. I added more and then this fragrance blossomed. :P It is light peach, exactly like you just picked it off a tree and took a bite and then juices started running down your face. The vanilla and amber add the right touch to make this a perfect sweet summer blend. After an hour or so I can just start to make out the sandalwood, I normally don't care for it but in this scent it reminds me of the fuzziness on the peach skin. I really find this to be a stunning scent and I plan to put this on my wish list.

I am just madly in love. I figured this would be an ideal scent for me, but I didn't expect to love it this much. It's so warm and well-rounded, a perfect balance of the floral fruity qualities and the warm earthier ones.

My only complaint is that it doesn't last long enough -- gone within a few hours, but I'm going to try slathering instead of dabbing and hope that it might last longer. :P

God, what a delicious scent! I've heard the raves about this one here and there around the forum, and they are certainly very well deserved. I'd been meaning to try this for a while, since it looks like it had all notes that work really well on me, so I was really excited to get this as a frimp with my Blue Moon. The predominant note in this for me is definitely the vanilla bean, although it's considerably sweetened by the amber and the peach blossom. The sandalwood adds some depth to this and keeps it from being too light and unassuming.

Overall I get the impression of honeyed fruit... perhaps served over vanilla ice cream... although I certainly wouldn't classify this as "foody". (Yeah, I know. Could that last sentence be any more contradictory and confusing? :P) This will make a beautiful blend to wear to bed or to dab on when it's hot out this summer. It does stand apart from my other "vanilla-ish" blends as well, since it's deeper and has more "oomph".

My sole criticism of this scent would be that it doesn't (to me anyway) embody the character of Tamora from Titus Andronicus very well. Tamora was very cold-hearted and cruel, so I feel like her scent should have been more sinister. Tamora the perfume feels very warm and inviting.

The lovely Moonarcana sent me a frimp of this. When I put it on I thought oooh I like this but something smells familiar. Upon reading the description it was the amber and peach. I think this is the same peach that is in Jack. As time has gone by it has gotten sweeter, must be the vanilla bean. I really like this but since I have a 5ml of Jack I will use it up before ordering this.

Wet this is sweet peaches and vanilla. When first on this is sweet and thick peaches with a hint of wood in the background. I think there's some honey too. After a few minutes the sweetness softens and the wood note develops more. After a couple of hours the amber warms up and mingles with the peach. This is really lovely. It dries down to a warm, lightly sweet, close to the skin scent. This is very pretty and perfect for spring. I'll enjoy using this imp.

First sniff: Sweet, fruity, a bit woodsy as well.

Wet on Skin: Wow, this is pretty. I get amber, florals, and fruitiness. I can detect the sandalwood note as well. This is beautiful. I may have found another favorite; it all depends on the drydown at this point.

Dry: Crap. This kind of smells like coca-cola on me. TOO sweet. I wanted to love this, but I guess we were not meant to be.

In the imp: Soft, sweet fruit with a hint of amber. Very faint.

Wet on skin: Almost a musky, soft fruit. Still faint.

Drydown: There's almost a mint thing happening ...Mint and ... apricot? No, peach. Yes! It's a bright, lovely, juicy peach ... Play-doh. Whoops. Yup, Peach Play-doh, all right. It's also much stronger than when I put it on.

One hour later: If Jolly Rancher peach candy and Play-doh had a child, it would smell like this.

Throw: Medium: I can smell it from about a foot away.

Verdict: Swap pile. ~sigh~ Love the peach, can't take the Play-doh.

Edited by MrsVeteran

It's the perfect scent to capture the spirit of the brutal Barbarian queen from Titus Andronicus.

It is at once warm and golden, with core of solid and unyielding strength, and a breath of softest femininity over it. And yet it seems so faint and indistict and shadowed.

This is a scent of a woman whose plans are unfathomable, and one who will use any of her powers to get revenge.

The beginnings of Tamora were simply amber and sandalwood. Kinda blah, but pleasant. Once fully dry, the peach blossom came out. I think there was a little bit of the heliotrope in the mix as well. After an hour or so, Tamora ended up smelling like Aglaea on someone who is not me. Very bright with a hint of wine (?).

At the end of its short life, less than four hours, Tamora went back to sandalwood. I'm not sure this is a good pick for someone whose chemistry brings out the darker side of a perfume. Tamora never went nasty on me, but it just didn't do as well as I thought it would.

Well, there's fruit. Definitely fruit. I'm not getting peach, maybe a little apricot. But I am <I>drowning</I> in what's probably golden sandalwood or heliotrope. Very strong, very sweet, reminiscent of dragonsblood resin (of all things).

Do not want.

I get honey from this, sweet thick sticky honey. Mmmm. It must be the peach and amber mixing. All in all, lurrrrve this one.

A.

In Bottle: I smell peach blossoms and vanilla.

Wet: I still smell peach, but now I think I'm getting some of the heliotrope, and amber too.

Dry: I now smell the vanilla and peach combination again.

All together it is a very sweet and light scent.

In the imp: Fruit and flowers. Yellow flowers.

On the wrist: I can smell nectarine. Nectarine and night-blooming flowers, but it’s still a bright scent. I rather like this.

Two hours later: Still present, still with a good throw. Not unlike Aglaea in that it is an ambery peachy flavour, with an undercurrent of white blossoms. (Yes, they’ve morphed.)

Not enough distinction to make me keep the imp, but very pleasant. 6.5/10

In the bottle: Very heavily of barely-sour grape juice, with a little bit of sweetened flowers lingering at the back.

On, wet: Mmm, the grape juice warms out and spreads under the flowers. Sweet and pretty.

Drying: Smells like flowers and fruit syrup. I’m not much of a flowery person, but if they stop poking sharp little spikes out of the fruit syrup, I will be very, very happy with this scent.

More drying: Hmm, it’s turning into sweetened grape juice with a nice light layer of flowers lurking under the surface.

Verdict: This is a VERY sweet fragrance, very strongly grape juice-y on me, with just a hint of flowers behind it. I don’t really want to smell like grape juice (although maybe it will tame down later? who knows), but I do like the way the flowers interact with the grape-y smell. Okay, but not for me.

(Heh, and on looking at the notes listed--what the heck, nose? It *still* smells like grape to me, even now knowing that it's supposed to be peach.)

Initial impression:

Ah, peaches and vanilla! A pure shot of sweet bliss.

First on:

Wet, it smells just like bubblegum. Tropical bubblegum! Pleasant, but a little childish.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's a tropical blast of sweetness – peach and vanilla and possibly the heliotrope. There's the slightest hint of sandalwood in the background. No more bubblegum!

20-30 mins after application, it's a more complex blend, warm and pleasant, but heavy on the peach. Ugh, a bit too heavy!

Finally:

Well, over an hour later, it was more well-rounded. I think I'll keep this one!

This was from a forum purchase -- an imp with a hand-written label on it and a teeny-tiny bit left in; it looks quite well-aged.

Huh. Weird. In the imp and on me I can hardly pick out anything from this at all. It seems so faint.

After a minute it shows up, though. Let's see...first impression: strong amber. Perfumey and sophisticated. Reminds me of Brisingamen, but more aggressive -- not in an unpleasant way. The amber really is quite sharp.

After five minutes, it's sweetening and the vanilla is coming out under the other notes. I'm really not getting any peach from this, strangely. Sandalwood is here now, smelling magnificent; let's hope my skin doesn't turn it all foosty like it usually does!

On the whole this strikes me as a regal, spicy, Oriental blend. I may order an imp of this from the Lab at some point; I'm curious as to how it smells fresh.

ETA: after an hour this is still smelling pretty damn good; still ambery but not so sharp as at first and the sandalwood, to my delight, smells just gorgeous!

Edited by Baitu

In the imp: It's a very sharp peachy smell, like Peach Schnapps, with a bit of amber in the background.

On me: As it dries, it loses the sharpness and the vanilla comes out. It reminds me of O mixed with a bit of peach.

I usually like anything that has a hint of vanilla, but amber and I are still getting to know each other. Like O, I think I'll have to give Tamora a few more tries before I decide if it's for me or not.

I found this in my imp box, i think ive had it for a few weeks and i really dont remember where I got it from, but I sniffed it and it smelled divine. I have had a few bad experiences with scents lately (wait for reviews, they are all in word docs waiting to be pasted here) and I just really needed something to work.

Guess what, it DID.

In the bottle, this smells fruity to me. But very light, and pretty. There are only a few notes I can pick out individually, so sorry I dont do it well here.

On me, wet, i could smell the peach, and some sweetness, the vanilla? and something else heliotrope?

But when it dried, i smelled amber, glorious, golden AMBER, sweetened with the vanilla...and the fruits just slightly. OH amber...which just so happens to be a favorite note of mine...

Big bottle of this one, fo sho.

i remember not liking this when i first got it as a frimp but second time around- ohmygosh is this good. the amber and sandalwood and peach... aaah! it's sweet and warm and just a little spicy... it is not quite like any other scents i have at the moment. mmmmmmmmm.