Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
beetiger

BPAL scents appropriate for very young children?

I only have girls, and they are much older (9 and 12) but the 9 year old loves Black Lotus, and the elder, The Lion.

We haven't tried all that many, though; these are just the faves so far...

Emma (9) has sniffed her way through part of my collection and all of my swaps to have picked the following for her little box:

Queen Mab

Langour (?!?)

Thanatos (which, she informs me, smells like pickles)

Baneberry

Lurid (?!?)

Hecate

Amsterdam

Thaleia

Katharina

Roadhouse

Gaueko

and a small vial of Les Nereides - Opoponax

I can't see much in common, so you got me.

She also likes to borrow my Asphodel and Black Forest but she is more about hording than sharing, so I'm afraid to let her smell my favorites unless I have an extra imp on hand to give her! :P

She didn't like the chocolate selections I've had, nor did she like Dragon's Tears (and I thought she might). No rhyme, no reason.

Edited by Juniperus Intrepidus

I like putting a little dab of Roadhouse on my 2 year old. It's so dandelion chain flowers. I love it!

I just got a Roadhouse partial in an Ebay lot and Emma likes it - dandelions! It's all dandelion on her the way Asphodel seems to go all new, spring grass on her for some reason.

I just got a Roadhouse partial in an Ebay lot and Emma likes it - dandelions! It's all dandelion on her the way Asphodel seems to go all new, spring grass on her for some reason.

Aw! I wish my DD smelled like dandelions with Roadhouse. On her, it's all hops and canabis, LOL! Not really the scent for a 5 year old.

I had my DD do her "Top Ten" for the board tonight...here goes:

1. Alice

2. Asphodel

3. Paris

4. Tiger Lily

5. Desdemona

6. Dana O'Shee (She thinks this smells like the Almond Cookies we get from the Chinese Take Out Place)

7. Baku

8. Dragon's Eye (sorry, I knew it was something to do with the eye. Edited from "Dragon's Tears)

9. Muse

10. Phantom Queen (She loves this and thinks it makes her smell all "grown up")

Anytime I smell an imp and go, "Ooh, so pretty, but way to girly" it goes to her. She loves to smell pretty. She's too young for her own bottle because she just hasn't grasped the "putting things away" thing yet. She's got Goth Rosary Lotion and Perfume spray in Tea and Sympathy (smells a lot like Alice, but stronger on the rose and no carnation) and she's doing okay with that, but she needs to grow up a bit before she can keep imps in her jewelry boxes and the like.

Edited by judas_kiss

I have already turned my 15yo into and addict. She has all of the imps I have doubles of but her favorite for right now is Black Pearl and second is Antique Lace.

The 9yo is a total tomboy and like a little goodness when she is dressed to go out somewhere special but not any other time. The 3yo is a total girly girl and does a little dance chanting can I smell can I smell.! Oh what have I done??

my 2 y/o son loves bpal, too! i haven't actually put it on him yet (he hasn't asked) but he loves to sniff the imps and will spend a good while having me open every imp in the box for him to sniff...twice :D

now i want to try some on him...maybe just a dab on his clothes...an excuse for more bpal! :P

Sage, the 3 year old, loves Bliss. I have some in a rollerbottle that I put on her frequently. Every night she goes to bed smelling of Somnus as well. Sacred Whore smelled wonderful on her too, but well... I am not going there having to explain the name, so I tend to avoid putting it on her. :P

Harley, the 10 year old, prefers Lick It right now. Alice and Anne Bonny work quite well on her too.

My eight year old daughter, Leah, loves Bliss. But she ADORES Lump of Coal--I passed my bottle on to her. She knows it's no longer available and uses it very sparingly. Frequently, I'll go into her room to kiss her goodnight and tuck her in and her room smells like she was baking brownies in there! :P She says she likes go to to sleep smelling of chocolate.

I tried to get her interested in Monster Bait: Closet and Monster Bait: Underbed, but she was afraid to try them. She thought they'd actually attract monsters into her room! :D

so i have a 3.5 y/o. she is the girliest girl that ever there was. already obsessed with mommy's "makeups", she has her own puff of pixie sparkle powder & a bottle of mustela's "eau de soin".. an alcohol free, hypo allergenic scent that smells like lemon & white blossoms.. she calls it her baby 'fume. she is like having a tiny naked fairy running around the house (partially due to her preference to be nude at home... i stopped fighting it lol).

i am interested in finding a bpal scent or two i could dilute into a roll-on bottle for her. something sweet and/or light enough to not be weird on such a small person.

any suggestions?

jojopatches02.jpg

The small-person smelly update:

Miss Emma (9), who informs me that my collection being bigger than hers is "not fair!", has traded a bit, added, and I got Lurid back as it was just too weird to have my kid wearing something called 'lurid' :D so her smelly collection now has:

Queen Mab (her apparent favorite)

Langour

Thanatos (which, she still informs me, smells like pickles. who knew?)

Baneberry

Hecate

Amsterdam

Thaleia

Katharina

Gaueko

Asphodel

Rose Cross

Titania

Water of Notre Dame

and a small vial of Les Nereides - Opoponax

Young Master Colin (3) was all over my smellies every time a package arrived, so he now has his own teeny stash, too:

Roadhouse (wrested away from sister, I'll have to get her another one)

Tombstone (which I absolutely love on him!)

The Caterpillar

Calliope

and not to be outdone, he has also swiped one of my non-BPAL testers - Sonoma Buddahwood Encens.

They may act like little savages, but they smell really, really good! :P

They may act like little savages, but they smell really, really good! :lol

it is a lot easier to like them in spite of behavior when they smell good. lol

This thread had been SO great. Now in addition to my own wishlist I'm going to toss in a few for my 2 year old- she loves getting into my stuff and one can never be indoctrinated too early! :P She's also a big Alice fan.

so i have a 3.5 y/o. she is the girliest girl that ever there was. already obsessed with mommy's "makeups", she has her own puff of pixie sparkle powder & a bottle of mustela's "eau de soin".. an alcohol free, hypo allergenic scent that smells like lemon & white blossoms.. she calls it her baby 'fume. she is like having a tiny naked fairy running around the house (partially due to her preference to be nude at home... i stopped fighting it lol).

i am interested in finding a bpal scent or two i could dilute into a roll-on bottle for her. something sweet and/or light enough to not be weird on such a small person.

any suggestions?

jojopatches02.jpg

how cute!

i would suggest scenting hair (that way they'll look forward to bath time too!), or the hankerchief idea, or maybe even a scent locket for the girls!

i might give your girl eve, or some other honey scent. does she have any fruits or florals that she likes? lampades is another pretty one (for fruit), you'd wanna dilute it though.

this thread is so cute, all your little babies wanting your perfume. your precious bpal! <3

I don't have any kids myself, but I think The Unicorn would be wonderful for a young girl (or boy :P )...I remember calling it a "pretty pretty princess" scent in my review.

Honey, milk, vanilla, and chocolate scents go over well with the children in our house. My son's 4 year old "girlfriend" just got hooked on Snow White!

I'll revive this thread, there are lots of new folks who might have kids they want to enable :P

My kids' top-ten lists:

Colin just turned 4-

1. Tombstone

2. Roadhouse

3. Gingerbread Poppet

4. SonomaScentStudio's Buddahwood Encens (I'll have to find a BPAL equiv. at some point - suggestions welcome)

5. Mad Hatter

6. Embalming Fluid

7. Dana O'Shee

8. Black Opal

9. Baneberry

10. (he's back and forth on whether he likes Port-au-Prince)

Emma will be 10 at the end of the year-

1. Queen Mab

2. Asphodel

3. Titania

4. Amsterdam

5. Black Opal

6. Antique Lace

7. Black Forest

8. Thanatos (she says it smells like pickles)

9. Baneberry

10. Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

(also in her collection are Katharina, Kostnice, The Unicorn, White Rabbit, and Alice)

My children are grown but the other day, I was holding my grandson while wearing Desdamona. When my daughter in law picked him up from his nap, she said, Ooo! you smell like grandma!

Gives a twist on what "smelling like grandma" means! :P

Ah, I wish I had tiny little ones to corrupt introduce to beautiful fragrances.

My kids are indeed pretty grown up (28, 21, 17). The middle one, my daughter, does indeed share my obsession nicely (and we have the equivalent of our sun sign opposition going on--my Libra vs. her Aries--at the scent level. If something doesn't work on me it is almost certain to work on her). My youngest, the 17 year old, has Down Syndrome, and while he is certainly a young man, not a little kid, he does have some of the openess associated with younger children. He enjoys trying out various of the BPAL scents. He loves Golden Priapus (probably because of the name, which I explained to him), White Rabbit, The Black Tower, Eden, and Dee. Oh, and Zombi, which smells great on him.

My first BPAL was a lot of about 30 LE's and DC's. I went through them with my then 6-year-old DD and she thought most of them were stinky. Actually she said they smelled like "pit potties" - I guess in the bottle they reminded her of bathroom deodorizer! Anyway, the only one she liked? Blue Moon. :P

I have about 2 ml and am thinking about making a spray or dry oil for her for Christmas. I hope it's resurrected next year!

I tried Pele today, and it's sweet and light and is something I would like when I was little, too.

All my kids love it when I get a new package in the mail (lately it's been every day)

We all try the new imps on together and everyone tries to describe what they smell and guess what it's 'supposed' to smell like. It's been great fun.

What about for an eight year old?? Nothing too overpowering or strong, because her parents (this would be for my niece) are mildly conservative and don't want her smelling too "grown up."

Thoughts and recommendations would be welcome as I'd like to get her some for Christmas!

Thanks!!!