Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

this is so fruity, that it almost masks the imminent floral notes for me. very bright and cheery, this makes me happy and i'm not quite sure why. definitely worth another test to see if i would wear this regularly.

In the imp: Soft pretty florals, but not powdery old lady florals, spring florals. Sweet and innocent and ... white smelling. Possibly jasmine? (Which usually hates my skin, no matter how much I love it.) *checks description* Yep, that sounds about like what this smells like. Jasmine, plum and daffodil anyhow, possibly orchid.... No sign of the musk yet... I'm not sure why I wanted this one, it sounds wonderful, but jasmine and musk never play nice on my skin....

On the wrist: The plum is a prominent note in this blend, very nice. Very light, and pretty. This is the sort of scent I would love to wear all the time, provided I could convince my body chemistry to play nice. So far, this is behaving. The musk and jasmine are staying in the background and I am getting plum and daffodil at the forefront, beautiful and girly. I'm getting a hint of something that must be the orchid as well (it's not musk or jasmine...)

Dry: Amazing, this just proves that Beth is magical. For the first time ever jasmine and musk are playing nice with my skin! Hooray, I think it's a keeper! This is the sort of scent I have been trying to find, fruity, floral and fun. I am so glad I got to try this, it's wonderful! Big bottle, heavy rotation spring scent.

Edited by Miseraya

Wet: Ugh! That is some strong stuff. Really artificial, like regular over the counter perfume and the plum smells a little more blossom-like.

Dry: The orchid is more prominent now but it's most of the same. Yuck. I'd put this along the lines of Bordello in it's...fakey fruity strongness.

This is incredible (white musk! orchid! workable plum?) and then...omgwtfjaaasmine!

DIE JASMINE, DIE!

:rage:

ETA (20ish minutes later): The jasmine seems to be gone. Or sleeping, I don't know but shhhhhh! This is perhaps a miracle!

Edited by maribouquet

A lot of plum, a lot of "generic floral", a lot of white musk. I didn't think this was going to work on me, but ordered it for the name. I was right.

Man, this order has been *disappointing*.

Ergh. No. Just no for me.

In imp: Yargh... wet nail polish and bitter fruit. Anyone else get this?

On: Weird chemical scent on me, and it feels a bit strange.

Drydown: Noooooo. I smell like rancid fruit, and it's making me sneeze. Don't know what's up, but I think the sneezing might be the musk--I don't always do well with musk, especially white musks, though I was intrigued by the notes listed by the lab.

I wish I'd discovered the allergy before I spilled the bottle all over my desk, so I could trade it away.

*sneezes uncontrollably* Definitely malevolent on me. To me. Whatever.

In the imp: clean, light, elegant floral.

Wet on me: jasmine and daffodil, very pretty. There's a little bit of plum too.

After a few minutes: still jasmine, daffodil and plum. There's a slight soapiness that might be the orchid. This is very warm and pretty though; it reminds me of Poisson d'Avril but I like it better.

Drydown: On the drydown this becomes predominantly fruity and smells a little peachy to me. The flowers are dewy and springy and more of a backdrop than a dominant theme.

Very pretty and feminine.

Kitsunetsuki (light greenish yellow oil)

Imp: Smells like a fruity hairgel.

Skin: A touch stem-green, maybe from the orchid, yes jasmine, yes daffodil...Where's plum? Ah well. *leaves it for a few minutes*

AaaaH, plum, THERE you are!! Plum needed some time to come out, but when it does, its sweet and juicy just as I imagined it would be.

One thing that I didn't like in the scent was the musk. It was far too strong for me.

light weight, room temperature, Spring scent.

Kitsune-Tsuki

A sweet, yet biting, floral. Jasmine is the strongest, but it's complimented well with the other florals. The plum feels overripe and juicy, it winds itself around the musk. This is bright and feminine, a floral with a tart sweetness of fruit.

[4 - Really Like] This is fun and sassy.

In the Imp (wet): Oh, I love this one already. The florals are night blossom sweet.

On me: Initially this scent made me feel quite bimbo-ish (don't ask me why). But as it morphs, the orchid and plum are strong, and lasts fairly longer than most other floral scents. Not quite what I expected.

In my quest to try new things and things I fear (read: florals), I picked up an imp of this off the forum.

Imp: fruity, mostly, with a hint of florals

Wet: plummy goodness, but jasmine jumps out. I hope it goes away.

Dry: Ooh, musky plum, with just a hint of florals. I like it.

An imp of this has been sitting neglected in my imp box for almost a year. I was digging through my stash a few days ago to try something new and came across this. I am in love! What a sweet, pretty floral.

This has a dainty sweetness from the plum, and a natural freshness from the florals. The plum is not overly juicy or fruity, only a suggestion of the fruit. The florals are very light and unassuming, rather than the heady, lush kind. The daffodils are strong and the most noticeable of the flowers, even more so than the jasmine.

Sometimes jasmine dries down a little powdery or subdued, but this stays fresh and light. The musk is a nice touch--it's much more strong after an hour or so than it is at the beginning.

I am dying for a bottle. This is very me.

This is a very bright, buoyant scent. The plum, orchid and jasmine work really well together, I think that the plum and orchid help keep the jasmine from going bad on me, somehow :P It stays the same throughout the drydown and has a decent amount of throw. I don't detect a lot of musk, I suspect it's helping to ground the scent but it isn't overpowering the flowers or fruit at all. I think this is perfect for spring and summer, although I would apply it with a light hand as too much fruity sweetness might give me a headache. Overall a lovely blend- if you like some of the older Asian themed lunacy blends I highly recommend trying this one.

In the vial: mmmmm sweet plum, musk and florals.

Wet on skin: very sweet and juicy and musky. The colour is palest plummy pink. It's very pretty and has a good throw.

Dry on skin: still soft, juicy, not-too-sweet plum and pale musk. This is a blander, younger version of Bathsheba and I'd like to try them side by side. Pretty! This may well be a future bottle purchase.

i could really smell the plum, at the first whiff i was reminded of umeshu. not strongly but just reminded of. then it seemed like drinking in a garden. i know thats not precice but its the visual i have.

i like it. not as much as bhoban sith and i think i'll end up wearing this one less. my boyo got a mild reactiosn out of this one. made him a bit cranky and illish in an enclosed car situation even in a minimal amount of scent on me.

it does have staying power. its been over two hours and i can still smell it.

In Vial: Strong floral with a bit of citrus

Wet: Pretty much the same as in the vial

Drydown: As it dries the plum is really starting to come out. I don't smell the citrus anymore, but do get a bit of florals wafting in the background. This is the most plum I have been able to get out of Bpals oils. I like it.

Evoking Color: Purple

At first, this is very rosey-fruity to me! Must be the plum action. As it dries, it takes on a slightly bitter backdrop, which I take is the jasmine, or maybe the jasmine and daffodil together, and I end up with a reedy floral. Started out great, but I don't think this is for me.

Wanted to add that once this was completely dry, it turned out nicer than expected for me. A happier ending :P It is similar to other florals I've loved, so I may not rush out to get it just yet.

Edited by dirtytrip

It is a very flowery smell in the imp, which tends to be a deterrent for me because I don't wear florals too well... however, jasmine works fairly well for me, and the white musk theoretically would help to balance out the floral smell. This is another one of the Secret-Santa imps, though it possibly was a frimp because I don't think I wrote it down on the list.

In the imp, I still smell the flowers, though the jasmine and plum seem to be top notes -- this is good, perhaps it means that it won't be overpoweringly floral.

On me, the musk tones down the orchid and daffodil, though I can still smell them, and the jasmine and plum are still top notes.

Overall, much as I was torn between interest in and fear of this scent, I like it a lot and will order a bottle when the imp runs out.

Wow! I didn't think I was going to like this but I was pleasantly surprised! A fresh, clean musk, with a sweet plum note and a floral peek in the backround. I can definitely smell the Jasmine & a touch of Daffodil too! Very pretty! Great springtime scent. Now if it would only stop snowing here in Massachusetts......................... :P

All I get from kitsune-tsuki is fruit, fruit and more fruit it reminds me of fruity bubble yum or the flavored dubble bubble. I can't really put my finger on which flavor it smells like just that it is fruity. I don't smell the florals in this one at all. It has amazing throw and lasts for a very long time. I like this one but I would have to be in the mood for it because it is so strong on me.

In the bottle and wet on me: Smells like plum. I looooove plum.

Dry: Now the jasmine is in there. and the musk. It all smells nice. Fiance says it smells like lotion.

I like it overall, but I prefer Jester and Bordello. I could do without the jasmine for sure.

Imp: Plum and the heavy, pollen scent of daffodils. I'm actually really impressed with how true to life the daffodils are.

Wet: The fruit amps up and gets super sweet. I catch whiffs of the musk and the jasmine starts to sweeten.

Dry: My skin does weird things with this. It dries down to plums and gunpowder green tea. I can catch a hint of the white musk and it's all very... nice. But not nice like Niiiiiiice, but nice like... that's nice. It's pleasant but mostly forgettable.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I feel like this smells really unusual, but I just can't work up any enthusiasm for it. It almost smells like I SHOULD smell or something. Not that I'm a Japanese werefox or anything, but it seems both very exotic and yet commonplace for me. It's such a hard scent to explain and it's even harder to explain how it feels on me. Definitely try it if you can, see if you understand what I'm trying to say here, and perhaps you're more articulate at explaining it than I am.

Yes! A floral that my skin actually likes! :P In the imp it smells mostly of daffodils, and when it hits my skin I get daffodils and musk, with a bit of plum in the background. I'm not sure if I'll buy a bottle but I'll definitely keep the imp. It's a wonderful spring scent!

Strange...I know I had an imp of Kitsune-Tsuki waaaaay back in '04 when I first found BPAL, but I seem to have swapped it away without reviewing it first, in my newbish way. However, a frimp just came my way, so I am pleased to review it now! Mmm, plum over light floral, just as one would expect. I think it comes down to how you like your plum--it's a strong note, and it tends to take over on my skin. I like mine with other strong notes, as in my preciousssss Queen of Spades, for balance. Also, for whatever reason, I tend to like it in rich autumn blends instead of spring ones (yes, I wear my notes by season, why do you ask? :P ). Here, it dominates the fragile floral notes; if you want mainly plum and just a hint of light background softness, then this is the one for you!