Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

In the Imp: Plum and jasmine. Smells like a great tea.

Wet: Very juicy scent. The sweet plum is complimented by the white florals and and musk, and the jasmine gives it additional "roundness". Not overpowering, instead fresh, and vibrant.

Dry: This has an understated elegance to it. It is definitely playful due to the plum, but the florals also give it a maturity and sexiness as well. I love how juicy this stays.

Overall: A very nice scent, both light and complex. To me, someone who would wear this often is sweet, intelligent, and also very fun/pleasure-seeking.

I could not stop myself from ordering a big old bottle of this one since I almost inhaled my arm the other night. This is so juicy to me, but not straight out fruit like Josie, there is a sharpness there that is very subtle. I love this, it's summery and just sweet enough.

Ive never tried a plum scent so here we go!

Overall when wet: Waxy/candied/fruit with a tinge of something leafy. The daffodil pollen mixes well but gets drowned out a bit by the plum. As it dries, it turns into a very sweet floral for me. It reminds me of my sisters body spray she wears by "Impulse" (Paris) Lasted well, a good number of hours!

Imp, bought as I was looking for a perfume matching the idea of the Swedish Huldra (stupidly beautiful women, with fox-tails and a hole in their back, that lure men into the forest and then turn around, to become invisible, and the men are Lost)

The bad stuff first; this comes Dangerously close to smelling like soap on me - but that's only if I stick my nose Into my wrist, so it's not really worth note.

The Good stuff, however - this is bubbly, lively, juicy, swirly and so Very alive - I read that others got Pear from it, even though there is none in it, and I have to agree; like crispy, white, wet pear-flesh - only it's not actually pear to me, just the IDEA of pear, if that makes sense, it's like Really nice jasmine with thick, lush, delicious plum juice streaming over it. It's stupidly wellmade, and it smells of flowers and fruit at the same time, without either overpowering the other.

It makes me Happy - it is empowering and incredibly encouraging and makes me feel Pretty (which is a rare thing for me)

I was always of the opinion that I couldn't wear fruity or flowery stuff - BPAL and Kitsune-Tsuki have changed that opinion and I am sooo happy <3

Bottle. Totally.

ETA: My first review was written September 2011 - now, almost a year later, this has turned into my go-to-scent. I know a lot of people think Kitsune is a bit too bright - I've found that layering it with "Black Forest" from Solstice Scents makes it Perfect. I imagine other dark chocolate-tobacco-wood'sy oils might layer as well with it - and it should be tested, because it is damn near Perfection.

I had quite a giggle when I realised that I was looking for something to match a Huldra - and what I did was I placed a Kitsune-tsuki in a Black Forest - and achieved exactly what I was looking for to begin with. Even the two names rhyme with the image in my head :wub2:

Edited by Asinya

Imp: A sweet, lily-plum-daffodil-orchid scent. One of the clearest, loveliest daffodil notes ever! This smells just like spring. The white musk adds a clear, almost soapy note, but in a nice way.

Wet: Juicy, soft, sweet, tropical florals, rather like Dirty, but with a lovely, pale purple plum note. Jasmine and white musk make it very heady and feminine and spring-like.

Dry: A white musk and florals scent with a bit of plum and just a tinge of bitterness to keep it interesting. Lovely but not necessarily very me.

When I first opened my imp of Kitsune-Tsuki, I got a blast of plumminess (mixed with some currants from a leaking imp of Eat me) that made me groan, as I'm not too keen on juicy fruity scents. Thankfully, Kitsune-Tsuki is mostly floral, with just a touch of fruit. Daffodil (or what I imagine daffodils must smell like) and jasmine stand out at the forefront, and white musk and plum just peek though the flowers. This jasmine isn't the super sweet, cloying jasmine I sometimes find in other perfumes; instead, this is reminiscent of the fresh Indian jasmine wreaths my grandmother used to weave and pin into my hair every night when I was growing up. There's a pleasant sort of waxiness to the scent (someone else mentioned candles) which I associate with the daffodils.

Kitsune-Tsuki reminds me of a woman wearing plum silk walking over a snow covered field in late Winter, with daffodils and other flowers just waiting under that white blanked for the season to change. Even though it's floral and fruity, it feels most like a winter scent to me.

Kitsune Tsuki is pleasing playful plum with a dash of florals thrown in for good measure.

Imagine a fox, with a flicking tail and a gleam in its eye. It is pouncing on flowers, now here now there. Catching some, it brings them to you and lays them at your feet. With a snap, the fox is gone...

and you feel like you could go out and make some mischief on your own.

The flowers play background to the plum, the musk grounds and lightens the whole mix.

If you like fruity sexy things to tease, and just enough flowers to be low key and girly.. this, my friends.. THIS is the scent for YOU.

In the imp: The jasmine and orchid is very overwhelming, to the point of almost stinking. I was a bit scared to put it on, truth be told.

On me: I adore it! It became a very sweet, juicy floral, so I guess the plum only came out when it touched my skin. The jasmine is still the most dominant note here, but it's tempered by the other florals. The end result is a sweet, spring scent that makes me keep sniffing at my wrist. Very tempted to add this to the bottle list.

I find it doesn't last very long, though, only about 2 hours. But then again, florals never hang around for long on me. I don't mind having to reapply this, on account of the delightful smell.

Overall: :smilenod:

Edited by aentee

Sniffed: A mix of heady jasmine and juicy, dark plum.

On skin: Well, now it's just jasmine; I can't really smell anything else. Maybe the other notes are embellishments, but that dratted flower is sitting squarely in the middle of the scent and absolutely not going anywhere. Perhaps the other notes begin to peek out over time... I think I can make out plum, white musk and orchid, but they barely make any impression. Colour impression is shades of blushing pink.

Verdict: I'm not a big fan of jasmine, and certainly not jasmine single note. Kitsune-Tsuki was most disappointing!

This is why I keep hundreds of BPAL imps and decants, arranged alphabetically, in little make-up cabinet drawers. I see the newest reviews and I think...Kitsune-Tsuki... don't I have an imp of that that somewhere? I do, received in a swap, of unknown age. I look at my database and my notes say "Floral plum and spice. Reminds me of Hanging Gardens. November 2011" hmmm. I need to try it again.

Wet, it's the flowers that come out first. Pretty, with just a hint of something delicate and exotic, reminding me of other asian-inspired blends. Cool. Several minutes later the plum note emerges. Yeah, this is still Hanging Gardens on me, but more subtle and softer. The orchid and musk give it a creamy spiciness. I like Kitsune-Tsuki, enough to get more imps of it, when/if this one runs out. Drying down, it has a light sweet subtlety. Pretty, soft, and suitable for most occasions.

I can detect the daffodils and jasmine in this and when I first put it on it smelt like fresh cut flowers ... later the plum came out. Suprisingly, I don't get any musk from this which normally takes over alot of scents on me. This is really nice and fresh and probably my favorite plum scent that I have tried.

In imp: Sour plum and floral notes. Very heavy and perfumey.

Wet on skin: Sour and kind of powdery. I'm nervous.

Dry: All of a suddent, the plum has taken a backseat to the florals and a bit of musk is creeping out. This I like much more.

As others have said, once the plum dies down a bit, Kitsune-Tsuki becomes light, playful, and feminine. I'm having a hard time picturing when I would wear this...maybe if I wanted to remind all the guys I hang out with that I'm, you know, female.

Side note: I'm not sure, but I might be allergic to something in this. There's no redness or swelling or anything like that on my wrists, but there was a kind of burning sensation for a few minutes after I applied it. Weird.

In the imp it's sweetness, fruity, lightly floral sweetness. This makes me skeptical... fruit and jasmine can go really bad, really fast.

On wet it's jasmine and white musk with a bit of plum. I'm sure the orchid and daffodil are there but I can't detect them. Somehow, the jasmine is there but is being kept in it's place by the musk and plum.

As it dries it's a bit more plummy (which I'm learning is a good note for me!) with jasmine and musk a bit subdued. It's lovely, yummy, sweet and ... fun. I like it a heck of a lot but I'll see how quickly I get through the imp before I purchase either a bottle or second imp. :smile:

Another from my purchase last year from Sir Galahad.

In bottle: Juicy sweet and fresh, with a slight floral tinge? Almost edible smelling.

On skin: More of the floral comes out to play, almost reminds me of Peach Moon 2009 somewhere in the background, a woody sort of smell.

Drydown: Mmm incensey exotic floral. Love it!

Verdict: I do adore this scent. It's quietly seductive, in a refined way. Coyly peeking out from behind a paper fan and batting her eyelashes while a small knife glints behind her back. XD

In the Imp (ITI): Beautiful plum and daffodil with a darker floral, the orchid, underneath.

Wet: It's rather strong at this point as the plum and orchid combined are stealing the show and overwhelming my nostrils a little.

Dry: It's light and a little powdery with the musk, plum, and daffodil being the longer-lasting notes.

In bottle: Richly floral in an unusual way. The orchids a daffodil make this really different. The jasmine rounds it out beautifully, while the plum supports an bolsters the dominant notes. The musk is soft and exquisite. Wet: The orchids and daffodils continue the work beutifully together. The jasmine and musk are more assertive, but still harmonious. The plum is more background and support and less individual. Dry: It grows a little shappoo on the dry down, but retains some of the individual nature of the particular florals. My skin chemistry is far from ideal and it may break down less on more hospitable skin.

This one will be interesting to piece together. I am not familiar with most of these notes. :(

Imp: Plum takes centre stage, with florals hanging around the edges.

Very pretty, complex and light - right up my field-of-warm-flowers alley.

Wet: Jasmine briefly overpowers everything. After that, the jasmine fades back into the other notes, leaving a scent that I can only describe as "sun warmth."

Dry The plum reasserts itself again, and the florals and musk fall behind it, deepening and enriching it.

Really pretty. It's a warmer, softer version of the imp.

Preconceived Notions: My mother picked this out for me because of my love of daffodils. I’m a little wary of the jasmine, (just cause I’m not a fan) but jasmine doesn’t usually amp on my skin, so maybe it will be ok.

Imp: Faint plum and fresh orchids, but there is something lingering in the back that doesn’t smell so pleasant. Whatever it is, I hope it stays back there.

Wet: JASMINE. NOOOOOO.

Dry (10 minutes): The jasmine is obviously there if I sniff right where I applied it, but the throw is a lovely mix of daffodils and orchids. No plum to be seen, but fruits have a habit of dying on me. Musks tend to show up on my skin after a few hours, so I am expecting a distinct morph.

Dry (1 hour): That’s right jasmine, get the Hell outta here. Definitely a fresh, spring scent now—without a trace of jasmine. There is a sweetness that is no doubt from the plum, but not distinctly a plum itself. The throw isn’t very powerful.

Dry (3 hours): Gone and dead. Even if I put my nose right next to my wrist, there is nothing but the tiniest hint of orchid left. Disappointed.

Consensus: I liked it, but no bottle in my future. It simply doesn’t last long enough. Can’t decide if I want to use up my imp or just swap it. Guess I’ll wear it a few more times before I decide.

I've never tried a scent with plum before so I probably don't have the best experience to talk about the notes in this, but I'll try!

In the imp: A very clean and sweet smell. Like a sweet light floral. I'm sadly not picking up any jasmine yet.

Wet: Sugary light floral, with a slight hint of jasmine. The daffodil is really coming through.

Drydown: Almost all the jasmine is gone and a sweet daffodil remains. Nice, but I want more jasmine!

3 hours later: Very light sweet plum. Still not smelling jasmine or orchid. On the plus side, my fiancé who hates most perfume said I smelled great!

In the bottle, this smelled very elegant and floral to me, but a bit . . . I don't know, maybe just flat, it didn't grab me, and when I first put it on, I got mostly plum and rather high-pitched flowers, with an almost waxy or scratchiness to the plum. But that faded very fast as it warmed up, and I got the most juicy plum I've gotten from a BPAL scent so far, with sweet, sweet springy flowers. I definitely smell daffodils, because I can pick that scent out as the one that reminds me of spring so strongly, and though I absolutely love jasmine, I'm not noticing it standing out here, but there's definitely a depth and sweetness and brightness and roundness to the flowers overlaying the plum that the daffodil isn't bringing on its own. I don't really get much musk, but there's a clean bright feel to the scent that I associate with scents that have white musk, and it's probably anchoring the whole thing, because this lasts and lasts on me in pretty much the same state once it warms up. It's been over twelve hours now and it's still going strong in pretty much the same state, though the throw has diminished a bit. This is a gorgeous, bright, springy floral and playful juicy plum scent, and I love it. I'll definitely be wearing it a lot in the future! A total winner. (It's funny; I've tried five scents from the Diabolus category so far, and I've loved all five of them. Interesting!)

In the bottle this is so pretty! A refreshing, pretty white floral from the orchid, daffodil and jasmine--the jasmine in this is perfectly balanced and not too overpowering, and there's a slight fruity hint from the plum note. I normally do not like white florals, something about them is too astringent and overpowering, but this is just wonderfully ethereal and light. On my skin, this remains pretty much the same as the bottle. The floral fades a little and the plum comes out until they're evenly balanced, but it's just a really lovely light, fruity floral.

Plum and white musk make this so pretty that I'm sad all the florals are there, because a telltale pain was starting to pulse in my head and I needed to wash it off within 15 minutes before it got serious. Florals so frequently do this to me that I can't be sure which one is the culprit. While it was on, though, Kitsune-Tsuki was shaping up to be the one white floral scent I thought I could wear.

The scent is light but not insubstantial. I think it would be lovely in a situation when you want to seduce just the right person, while all others around you would just think "Oh, something smells nice" and go about their business. You could probably also get away with wearing it in an office, as long as you don't have your sights set on anyone in a romantic way -- because I do think there's something about this that lends itself to a certain type of magic.

Images of Asian plums and fox spirits robed in ethereal flowers were dancing in my head. Sadly, they'll have to go dance somewhere else. I think a friend of mine will love this, though.

In the imp: Juicy, floral, tart plum.

Wet on my skin: Rich and sweet, threatening to be too sweet. It's very much plum and orchid on me, with the rest of the flowers in a bouquet in the background.

Dry: This doesn't change too much for the first two hours it's on me. Juicy, ripe, slightly-tart plum with orchids wafting around, with pollen-y flowers strewn about underneath that. It's actually making me sneeze, which is unusual. As it begins to fade, a hint of sensual muskiness comes out, and the pale flowers (jasmine and daffodil) come out to play as well. The entire thing is almost completely gone in about four hours, save for a hint of musky plum if I stick my nose right up to my skin. It's a very womanly and slightly alluring scent, and while I'll probably not wear it often, I'm glad I have it in my box!

Edited by DiesMali