Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chill, crystalline nocturnal perfume: moonflower with oriental poppy, fairy lily, orris and night gladiolus.

Ooh.. just like the description I *do* get a “chilly” feel from this blend. It’s a cool floral scent just perfect for those not quite cold autumn nights. It smells a lot like some fancy schmancy expensive perfume I’ve sniffed in a perfume shop before but as it was wall to wall perfume I’d be hard pressed to have singled it out or be able to give a name. Oh, how I wish I could though. This is such a wonderful scent. I really suck at picking out floral notes so you’ll just have to be in awe of my amazing use of the description word “floral”.

Oh.... this is fabulous. Definitely a very sexy, subtle, "get close to me" kind of scent. It's very grown up and mature without seeming "old" and very sexy without being over the top. It has a very light throw. Just enough to be a little mysterious and to catch someone's attention. This really is lovely.

This Poe blend takes my breath away.

*Hums Berlin song* :P

Anyway, it's all haunting night blooming flowersand together they are enchanting. I'm finding that I'm drawn to Beth's lillies, and have enjoyed most that I've tried.

First sniff: The description is all flowers, but what I’m getting is lemon tea. Very strong lemon tea.

Wearing: And when it first hits my skin, it’s very much lemon tea. I’m entirely confused. The lemon tea does fade after a bit, leaving a very faint impression of sweet flowers.

In the bottle:

Very perfumey. I can very distinctly get the florals - they're definitely "fresh" and "green," but they don't scream I AM FRESH AND GREEN like other scents I've tried.

Wet:

Sweet, floral, very perfumey, and not so soapy anymore.

Dry down:

It's a very soft, powdery floral now. I mostly only smell it with my wrist pressed against my nose, but every now and then I catch just a slight whiff. I don't know that I would characterize it as "chill," but it's lovely. Definitely not quite as "joyful" as Iambe, though - it's not as bright. I can't quite distinguish the individual notes because I don't know enough about what each smells like on its own, though.

Final thoughts:

I like it and I would wear it - I'm glad I have an imp. I'm not quite sure how much it distinguishes itself from other florals, though.

A very pretty sweet floral - not terribly "me" as I tend toward the heavier, darker stuff, but really very lovely.

this is lovely! it's a pale, soft floral with a bit of cleanness that reminds me of a faerytale for some reason. the moonflower is definitely there, and the poppy doesnt overwhelm as it is wont to do on my skin. it's a bit powdery but clear at the same time. very pretty scent!

Oh, I’m so glad that I tried this one again. This is simply beautiful and I’m in love with moonflower. This reminds me of Kindly Moon, which I love so much. They share that same velvety smell. But this is a deeper scent.

Granted, this is a well aged bottle, as is my imp. I don’t remember being this head-over-heels about it when I tried it when it was fresh, so the age has done it good in my book.

The moonflower here is fabulous and I’m getting a trace of the orris plus an almost sandalwood sensuality. This has the crystalline thing going on, and so it’s reminding me a bit of Bat-Woman, which has a similar crystalline feel. Ah yes, loving the night time flowers – who would have ever guessed? I’m tempted to find another bottle of this, just in case. This is a stunning floral.

Hmmm. I like all the notes in this, so why don't I like this? I'm not sure. I think it's because it's just a floral with nothing else there to balance out the floral notes. Seems like the poppy is strongest on me. I could have done with more moonflower and gladiolus.

Ah well. I'm so picky about florals that they don't work for me more often than they do, so I shouldn't be that surprised that this one isn't for me.

Poppy seems to be the dominant note on me. Which is nice, but the rest of this is sweet flowers and I'm not overly enamoured. Also, this fades VERY quickly on me. I put it on and 3 hours later I can't smell it at all. Pity.

Sweet florals in the imp, but why am I smelling incense now? Very pretty, but I don't find this a "cool" scent -- with the incense, it's very warm to me. Very good throw.

Got to try this from a generous fairy, thanks so much! in the imp, I'm smelling poppies and faint florals. On my skin, this is a faint, sweet floral. Hrm. We'll see how this goes. On the full skin test, it's a lovely, soft floral, reminds me of a moonlit garden. Gonna try to find a bottle of this.

Edited by Venneh

On the skin: Pretty, white, and crystalline. Slightly sweet as well. This is a light and pretty scent. Very nice! I think I will keep the decant, but no need to search out a bottle.

I mostly get orris backed by very delicate florals. I can't readily identify any of the other flowers, but it is oft and sweet. The orris is pretty strong here. It doesn't last very long on me at all. I'm glad I got to try it, but it's not for me.