Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

I wanted to love this so badly...and in the bottle it was all ripe oozing reddish-purplish fruits, but unfortunately on me it goes mostly cantaloupe, and the mango isn't helping. I have the type of skin that amps sweet stuff, and since cantaloupe and honeydew are the two most sugary-smelling fruits in there, you can kind of guess the rest. *sigh*

I've had this decant for several years now. When I first got it, I tried it and thought it was too acidic and unpleasant. For some reason I stashed it in the back of my imp box instead of swapping it, and now I've found it again. So I decided to give it a whirl. My tastes have changed a bit since then, plus I'm sure the oil has changed in three years, too.

It was slightly acidic and darkly fruity -- not juicy at all -- at first, but then when it was dry it changed to mostly a cantaloupe scent. You'd think with those billions of fruit notes in there I wouldn't be able to pick out a particular one, but that does seem to be the prominent note. Soft and sweetly fruity.

Still not my fave of the fruity scents, though, so this time it goes in the swap box for sure and not shoved in the back of my BPAL box.

IN BOTTLE:

Adult diet candy in form of a fantastic tropical smoothies with layer after layer.

If you thought this smelled as regular fruits... You are wrong. If you thought it smelled like candy... You are wrong. If you thought it smelled like a candy scent for adults... You are almost right.

The more you smell it the more you want it. The blue bottle carries new meaning after being filled with this scent,

On skin: A true party by BPAL scent. It last a 24 hour period and boy will you enjoy it.

It is sweet, with a deep heart. It is fruity: But you can never tell what kind of fruit. It is to perfect... A second fruit moon anyone? :)

One take and you are addicted. If you have never tried it and stumble across it: Buy it, you will NOT be sorry.

ADDED Jan. 24:

In bottle: I managed to get this bottle through a swap. I knew it was good but when I got my bottle I was sure of one thing: No other LAB creation will ever be this perfect. It smell as an adult party perfume oil. It is sweet but do never let that fool you. It actually evolve from fruit to party in the bottle.

On the skin: It turns into a real dream coming through I missed the LAB when this was out I know even if I use 10 bottles (Which is sadly not possible.) I would NEVER get tired of it

Someone was sweet enough to frimp me a decant of this. I like fruit scents and really wanted to try it. Fruit Moon does not disappoint—it is ripe and juicy and gorgeous. Fruit scents don’t age as well as say, spicy, incense or musk blends, but with Fruit Moon smelling so nicely after 5 years, I can only imagine how wonderful it was when first introduced. I hope we get another Fruit Moon someday!

in bottle: A light, fruity scent. Less "fruit punch" and more "Garden of Eden in space". Slightly less than average throw.

wet: The citrusy fruits come out first, sharp but not unpleasantly so. Slightly less than average throw.

drydown: Throw strengthens as the notes become more balanced. Remains very light. Individual notes can't be determined. Lunar oils are not very obvious at first. When they do come out, they add a gentle powderiness to the scent.

verdict: A quite nice, all-around fruity scent that doesn't overwhelm. However, I don't see myself needing to get more.

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Very fruity. It's hard to pick out any one note, it just smells generally fruity to me.

On skin, wet: Still hard to pick out notes, but it's gotten a little more tart.

On skin, dry: A decidedly tart blend of fruits, but it's still very difficult for me to pick out notes. It's not quite citrus-tart, not straight up currant, just... tart and fruity.

After an hour: There's a hint of something other than fruit in the background, probably those "lunar oils," but mostly it's stayed true to the initial drydown.

Tart and fruity. I really don't have much else to say... only that I recognize some of the other 'lunar oils' in here as well, because there's a distinctive pencil-shavings type of note in here with all of the fruit as well. This went on very strong, but I knew to slather because I often burn off fruit notes very fast and this is an older blend. Alas, about an hour later, it's significantly fainter.

Still love this, hanging onto the 5ml I was able to get until I use it up.

Like wearing a particularly complex sangría. Dark red fruits with a boozy undertone, like Lady MacBeth, shifting here and there to add a hint of musk and then a hint of melon and then some red wine and then some dry raisin thing going on.

Too much fruit! Fruit Moon was generously frimped to me, and it's helping me learn that I like my BPAL fruit one or maybe two at a time. Fruit Moon is a bubblegummy fruit smorgasbord, a fruit extravaganza, sweet and juicy and summery. I may have to set it aside as starter BPAL for my niece; it feels very youthful to me.

Stage one:

FRUIT! Sweet smashed up Hurricane-style fruit. This is a dream for me. I love the labs fruits, and super sweet scents. This is similar to Candy Phoenix for me. It's got a tad more depth/heart than Candy Pheonix does, and comes across more decidedly fruity.

But SUPER sweet and juicy, and I'm in love with it.

Stage two:

.... Is that frankincense? The sticky old lemonhead covered in pencil shavings? Yes, yes it is. Or something close to it. The super sweet fruity wave of phase one almost immediately puffs into the atmosphere as soon as I notice this woody element, and the whole thing shifts away from my Candy-Phoenix Playground and into something more sophisticated and serious (And desky). Not so much a fan. It comes across more syrupy (like caramel scents tend to go on me). This phase reminds me more of Shango's unfortunate drydown on me too.

Verdict; Unfortunate morpher for me. Love the initial apply of raw sugar fruit, not in love with the later "lunar oil" drydown.

My review is for a 12 yr old bottle of Fruit Moon - originally purchased in 2006.

The original review probably contained words like "fruit" and "very fruity." Perhaps "tropically fruity."

Many years later, I can safely say it is still very fruity. The oil is mostly unchanged from when I wore it many years ago. It smells nearly the same, except the fruit notes aren't nearly as sharp.

Wet: Fruit fruit fruit fruit fruit and fruit. The currants are sticking out to me the most, but it's more or less a giant fruit salad.

Dry: Currants are still the stars of the show. It's very, very juicy smelling. I think I can pick out some cantaloupe now as well, but much like the wet stage, it's basically just a giant fruit salad.

So hard to pick out the individual fruits in this, it's a fruit punch scent basically. The ones I could really identify were strawberry, raspberry, and pear. Everything else blends together too much. 

Definitely nice, a little faded and chalky on me. Maybe due to age of my imp. Definitely prefer the 2020 Fruit Moon, but this was a fun one to try!