Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Spices of the Orient mingle with crystalline musk, midnight flowers and cereus, jasmine, primrose and vesper iris.

In the vial:
Uh-oh, jasmine

On me:
I didn't even really need to try this on after sniffing the vial, I knew what was going to happen. And I was totally right. Jasmine just becomes overwhelming on my skin and it doesn't even smell right on me. On some women it smells just lovely, but on me it smells overpowering and "off". The only difference in this one is that it's a more soapy jasmine - it has a sort of soapy air about it with a slight spiced quality. But even the soap and spices are being overpowered by the jasmine

Final note:
I have no doubt that this probably smells lovely on plenty of women, but I am unfortunately not one of them. Jasmine, I'll get you next time!

Wet it is kind of sharp bizarre. This calms down fast, and there is a sweet white floral, in fact it reminds me of a creamy white floral in Medea, but not as intense, that must be the cereus. Then there comes a kind of sharp jasmine, a bit green, but it doesn't get out of hand, and as it dries down, it almost dissapears. I perceive a light musk in the background. Where are the spices?

The impression I get is certainly nocturnal, faintly lit, pale, a bit blue, serene. As it dries down it becomes more creamy and very soft, maybe the spices are doing this but I cannot detect them. Oh and iris. The iris becomes more and more dominant. It is very beautiful. It reminds me of Brides of Dracula, but it is nicer, no sharp perfumey scent I got from that one, it is not powdery at all but creamy. So far, I think this one is one of the nicer, if not nicest, white floral I have tried. Certainly not so much me, but very very beautiful nonetheless.

There is something very perfumey about this one. I do like it. Damn, nevermind, now it is something totally different. I blame the coupling of jasmine and my skin. I should have known. Betrayed again.

IN BOTTLE: Ooh, jasmine! But softened with the rest.

FIRST APPLIED: Spicy jasmine and other flowers. Like the first reviewer said, it is a very regal, noble, serious scent. I like it a lot.

DRY-DOWN: It's starting to get a little powdery on me, but the jasmine is fortunatley fading significantly.

It's too early to tell if this is a keeper, but I definately like it! I had to wiki for the information about what the Zoryas were, and this is very cool, and a great representation for the more spiritual representation of Scorpio (me!) :P

jasmine and soft musk. sweet, mysterious. the jasmine really works for me here! the musk is a tad “baby powder-ish”, but in a nice way. it works to smooth out the jasmine and keeps it from going soapy. i can’t tell what the other floral notes are. i barely notice them because the jasmine is definitely the star. there’s some spices too, but i couldn’t name them. it’s a lovely scent.

Wet: Decorative old lady floral soap. Meh. Giving it a full try, but I'm not optimistic.

First on: No musk, no spices, just flowery soap. It's not so disgusting I'm going to run to wash it off, but it's really not me... waiting to see what it does when it dries.

Dry: Practically faded all away, which is ok with me to be honest. The jasmine and iris mellowed into the musk a bit, but I'm not really getting any spice and it still reminds me of old decorative bath soaps. It goes in the swap pile.

Imp: Oriental Floral. Jasmine

Wet: Smells a little like vinegar at first. This passes and I detect mostly jasmine.

Dry: The jasmine blends more with the other florals, none of which I can distinguish. It's a clear, fresh and airy scent. 'Crystalline' is an accurate description.

Later: The musk and spice come through creating a nice balance to the florals. This would be a good everyday kind of scent. A sophisticated, light, feminine fragrance.

I like it but for some reason it reminds me of toilet freshener. I might give it another try.

This smells too strongly of jasmine for me to like it, but I think it's nicer than most jasmine blends. There's something almost dewy about it -- not watery, but kind of fresh and sweet. Must be the midnight flowers... I usually like night-blooming florals better than the regular ones.

Not bad, but still too floral for me.

Florals almost always work on me, and this one is no exception. It's pretty heady and has some amazing throw, as if I've been enveloped by Night itself. :P

A very purpley, evening floral blend. Too heavy for me, but perfect for my mother.

In the imp: Generic floral perfume. I'm not getting the jasmine.

On: Still the generic floral, but I can catch the jasmine a tiny little bit, and it's also a little spicy.

While wearing, after reflection: Maybe the musk in it is what makes me think "generic perfume" and kills the jasmine. I have a weird sense of smell and take a lot of medications, so probably weird body chemistry too.

After a couple hours: The spice has died and the musk is a bit more obvious. Still generically floral.

I'll try it again just to make sure, but I don't much like musk or some flowers, and the spice was... odd... in that context.

In the bottle, I get lots of jasmine. On my skin, I get lots of jasmine, but can definitely smell some spices, which are almost creamy. This perfume is perfect for a confident, mature woman- which, unfortunately, is not me. The fragrance is very heady, and I tend to prefer lighter florals and fruity scents! :P

Thanks to princessbeena for the imp.

Imp: Spicy jasmine.

Skin: This becomes more perfume-y once I apply it, I'm thinking the musk has something to do with that. Many times white/crystal musk accords have that effect on me.

Drydown: After a while I get a more aquatic impression, which is probably the iris. Unfortunately, iris and light musk don't generally work too well on me, but it does have that type of sophisticated floral evocation which is nicely feminine. I'm thinking my mom might like this one. . .

Edited by luna65

At first all I got was jasmine but it started fading pretty quickly and became a tad soapy. Definitely a white floral mix...and has this undertone that's very similar to it's sister star Utrennyaya. I love Utrennyaya personally so there's definitely an element to this which I love too but....it fades a little too much into the soap direction and leaves me wanting a little something to make it pop! It's very pretty though, and feels like a fading star.

This was a frimp from the lab, and I rather think it will be too floral for me. However I do like jasmine, and spices and musk are both yet to fail me.

In the imp: Jasmine. And other stuff, but jasmine most of all.

Wet: The jasmine isn't nearly as strong on my skin, although it's still most definitely there. I can't pick anything else out but it's definitely a floral.

Drydown: The iris has come out in a big way, even almost overpowering the jasmine. Luckily iris is a floral I don't mind. It's quite a cool floral, and there's no spices or musk at all so far. It's reminding me strongly of something but I don't know what.

Dry: I'm getting a vague sense of spice now, but really it's all iris and jasmine with a few other florals floating around underneath. It's pretty enough, but this just isn't my thing - it's too cool for me. Swap.

In the imp: Lily and iris

Wet: Jasmine, cereus. It's a heady and pretty floral

Drydown: Pretty white floral, creamy

Verdict: Pretty. A bit heady at the beginning. I'm torn on whether to keep it or not. I might have to test it again before I make up my mind.

I'm not sure about this one. A friend of mine had a bunch of imps she wanted to re-home, so I picked the ones that sounded most interesting, and this made the short list because I'd been interested for a while and I happen to love Utrennyaya, one of its "sister" scents.

Wet, it kind of reminds me of Evening Star. A fresh, feminine, bright floral. I happen to love Evening Star so this is a good thing.

However, as it dries, it becomes more piercing and high-pitched. I don't usually have problems with jasmine, but if this is what jasmine does on a lot of people here... well, let's just say I can understand why jasmine is so widely feared and avoided. It's a bit strong. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, but it's definitely not for the weak at heart.

I don't feel that great today so maybe on a better day, I'll like it more. Because not only does it remind me of Evening Star, it also kind of reminds me of Destroying Angel, which is another one I like. I think there's potential here.

I didn't get anything but floral from Zorya, not that I'm complaining. My nose keeps telling me there's honeysuckle, even though it's not listed. Maybe if I let the imp age, I'll get more spices and musk. Still, it's a very pretty scent, definitely in my current top 5.

Edited by whiterosepetals

This was a frimp from the lab. I didn't read the description until after I tried it.

ITI: Spicy and "spritzy" generic flowers.

Wet: Generic florals. Less spice, much softer.

Dry: Jasmine (smells just like my mum's jasmine bush). No spice. No musk. Nothing else. Ohh....nope. That's soap. Jasmine soap. Not a bad soapy smell at all, however. Very soft, almost no throw on me at all. Soft and feminine. I wish it had more oomph.

This is average at best.

straight sniff from imp is sparklee, fuzzy, jasmine...ruhtt, roh :D

once applied this turns hugely powdery...then calms down to an amazing blend of

florals that i just cannot stop sniffing...gorgeous!!!

who'da thunk?! :P

I've got to agree that this contains a generous helping of jasmine. However, I quite like the white musk underneath the jasmine, which reminds me of a body spray from someplace like Bath and Body Works. It's a pretty scent and I'm surprised it doesn't have more fans. For me, though, it's too airy, too soapy, and not my thing.

Wet: Jasmine, immediately. Warm and lush, but pretty much dominating the show. Zorya's not a shy one.

Drydown: As she dries, Zorya becomes faintly spicy and a touch powdery.

Dry: The iris continues to peek out a little more as time wears on, giving lovely Miss Z. a bit of sophistication to temper her bawdy entrance.

Overall: Zorya is very bold as well as floral. She's pretty, but I don't think this one is balanced enough on my skin to warrant a bottle.

In the imp: spice and floral: yum!

On the wrist: spices and floral with jasmine coming through a little.

Drydown: It still smells pretty good except the spices that first drew me to this are completely gone. Just the soft floral fragrance remains. I actually smell gardenia in this I think, but it took quite a while to come out. I usually don't like "just florals" but I think I might have to try a bottle of this.