Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Neecerie

Thirteen (13)

In our paean to all the mysteries surrounding this enigmatic number, there are thirteen lucky and unlucky components, including white chocolate, tangerine, currant, mandarin, white tea and iris.

13: Well This blend smell just like Vice from the bottle. When fist applied to my wrist it is all chocolate then the citrus note comes through. After 3min the tea aroma is here. It is very nice though it does not last very long on me. I will have to slather this one but it is a keeper none the less. :P

Smells lovely and chocolatey in the bottle; on skin, starts as chocolate easter bunny moving to chocolate orange and then to teas/florals/fruits with a whisper of chocolate

First thought on application: "I AM A CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY", followed by "I'm going to gnaw my arm off."

13 smells like expensive perfume. :D I like the chocolate (which smells like Bliss), fruits, and florals all together. I loved it more when it was just chocolate and floral, so I may decide not to keep it on account of the fruity scent. I think 13 smells classy. :P

Oh wow!

This is such a fun perfume! The only downside, is that half of the people I work with agree. (and it's a LE! Thankgoodness I can direct them to Bliss or Vice)

Fabulious. Definatly chocolate-ie goodness when I apply it. I don't get much for fruit, but perfume sweet floral scent behind the chocolate. It's very lovely and fun to wear. Not too heavy for the summer time either, which I was a touch concerned about at first. By the end of the day, only a light sweet chocolate reminant stays on my wrist.

Very nice scent!

In Bottle: Chocolate orange.

On Skin: Well, I’m a bit sad since I was beyond excited for this scent. But I don’t like chocolate scents or orange for that matter so I’m not sure why I expected to love it. The chocolate is strongest and it smells a bit nutty. The orange/mandarin is the second strongest note. It gives a tart contrast to the deep sweetness of the chocolate. The tea is there as well, making the scent more proper then just gluttony. The iris is a soft floral in the background just barely peeking out. The chocolate does soften and fade. It is an interesting scent, I’ll give it that. Just not my style. I’ll probably be swapping imps of it.

MMm 13~ I never woulda thought I'd like you this much! On me it smells of Strawberry and chocolate cake with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top. After a while in 90 degree weather it begins to turn smokey while having that sweetness play in the backround. It is a very foody, fruity, smokey blend on me which really has been agreeing with my skin chemistry! :P

13 straight out of the bottle smells like fruity cocolate. On my skin, it morphs into flowery fruit, with that bit of chocolate underneath. I agree with the reviewer above who said it was a classy scent.

Holy crap. This is...I can't even...must not eat my arm.

I was a little worried because when I first put this on, I got a faint wiff of what smelled like chlorine when I sniffed my wrist too closely. I think it must have been the initital settling phase, perhaps some combination of the tea and the iris and the chocolate.

Now that has dissipated and what I'm left with is unbelievably gorgeous. It smells like white cake with bits of orange peel, slathered with white chocolate frosting, but not in an overwhelming way. I think the citrus and the light florals keep the sweetness from becoming cloying.

This is sophisticated and intoxicating option for those days I want to smell edible, but don't want to go with the obvious vanilla.

Edited by maewitch

I have an unerring sense with the LE's.

I buy the ones that won't work on me.

And I don't buy the ones that will.

So I didn't order 13, but did want to try it, and luckily got an imp of it.

then even more luckily, swapped for a full bottle, so I guess we can say 13 is lucky for me.

In the bottle, cocoa and vanilla (likely that's just white chocolate!) there is something else food in there but I don't get citrus at all...it never shows up on me, which is fine with me.

On, it is just delicious foody goodness: not too much chocolate/cocoa which is what happened with bliss and some others, and I do smell something like vanilla, and yum, tea!

so I agree its kind of like dorian with chocolate, and I just adore it!

So glad to have gotten it.

First sniff out of the bottle- Ohh la la! Chocolate! This is the same chocolate that is in Centzon Totochtin.

After 15 minutes- I LOVELOVELOVE 13!!! This is still really chocolaty but now the orange is coming out a bit. I am not getting any floral out of this like others have, just sweet white chocolate and yummy orange. After about 30 minutes a faint white musk comes through which I guess is the tea and iris? This pretty much stays a chocolate and orange but with a hint of faint tea and muskiness as it fades.

Summery- :P I am so happy I was able to get a bottle of this! 13 is a foody scent lovers dream come true. Thank you Beth!

In The Bottle: smells like chocolate brownie batter with orange peel in the in the mix.

Wet: the tangerine, currant and mandarin really pop out but i still smell the chocolate quit a bit. yummy...

Dry Down: here comes the iris and white tea.

Dry: the chocolate (which is supposed to be white chocolate but i never really got that, which is fine since i'm not a big white chocolate fan) has kinda a hazel nut twist to it. it reminds of this yummy chocolate fondue my husband makes with triple sec. dry i can really smell the iris which is a floral powdery kinda scent.

Over All: i love this, i can't what until the next friday the 13th to order an other bottle. i brought it to my mom's to sniff and in the bottle she didn't really like it (too stronge she said) but on she loves it too.

rate: 5 :P

Edited by graycat

Oooh, this is interesting!

Firstly, I should report that my bottle of 13 has been an unlucky little f*cker from the get-go. The package took forever to get to me, was re-directed to the Lab by the post office for reasons that no one can seem to figure out, and was re-sent to me. When it finally arrived, it was leaking, and the label slipped off as I tried to open it. When I stuck the label back on, I accidentally did so upside down. So you see, this is a wily little creation!

Anyway, it smells wonderful. I smell the white tea the most strongly. I've never been a fan of white tea blends, but this one is so smooth, and the sweet white chocolate base really lets the sort of fresh, astringent tea smell come into its own. So yes . . . in the bottle, strong white tea. As soon as I put some on my fingers to apply, I could smell the chocolate. Not overbearingly rich or sweet, but distinctively creamy. Surprisingly, the white tea note remains strong, even as it weaves in and out of the creamy chocolate. It's so strange . . . this is a fresh scent! How completely odd. There's definitely a light, fresh, almost watery oranginess to it as well.

All in all, a crisp, sweet, unusually lovely scent. I will enjoy wearing this very much.

So long as it behaves from now on. :P

In the Bottle: Bliss with tangerine!!

Immediately on the Skin: Very much the same. It's still Bliss but the citrus is very encouraging and stopping it from being too sickly.

After a While: Not much difference but I can smell the blackcurrant now too.

Verdict: Chocolate with fabulous accompaniment from tangerine/mandarin and blackcurrant. There maybe a little tea also in the latter stages but it's very subtle.

I :P this! It's decadent and juicy and much to my surprise given the notes and my past history, not at all cloying. At last, a BPAL chocolate blend I can wear! Roll on next Friday 13th

In the bottle: Mmmmm...white chocolate, very nutty and rich.

Wet: The chocolate fades pretty quickly to the background and the iris steps up. How awesome! Irises are my favorite flower :P

The drydown and beyond: I can't stop sniffing my arm. The nuttiness of the white chocolate has lingered in the background and the irises are sticking around but are now blending with some citrus tones.

20 minutes in, the scent gets powdery. This isn't a terrible thing as the nutty floral is still there, but it wasn't a scent I was expecting.

An hour later, the powdery scent that worried me isn't as strong and the nutty floral remains. Happiness :D

4 1/2 hours later and the scent is now a lovely smokey white chololate. I wouldn't have noticed, as I'm not used to a scent lasting this long (maybe it had to do with me slathering rather than my usual swipe LOL), but a funny thing happened at the post office.

It was really crowded, so while filling out an envelope I had to share cramped table space with an older woman. She looks around her and says "Is someone smoking a pipe? I don't understand how people can keep doing that when all it does is kill you." She keeps grumbling about the evils of smoking as she leaves the post office. Now, I'm a big fan of sweet scented pipe tobaccos as well as clove cigarettes, so I happily sniffed the air. When I didn't catch any smokey scent I thought to check my wrists. Wouldn't you know it, I'm pretty sure the smoker she was complaining about was me!

Overall: I was initially worried about powdery scent in the drydown, but it was a short lived phase. I'm very pleased and hope it's offered again in January :D

when I first put it on my skin I smell lots of white chocolate but after 10 minutes or so it fades down and has this very pleasant chocolatey/floral scent that is yummy. The chocolate isn't strong at all and is in the background of the scent. The whole scent is actually pretty light on me once it dries down. It also develops this really slightly powdery pretty scent. I can also smell the tea and this just keeps getting better the longer I wear it. It smells absolutely edible!!

This smells a lot like cracking open a chocolate orange. The white chocolate and the orange are the two main scents that I detect, and the white chocolate kind of changes in intensity. Some times it is more apparent, sometimes hardly detectable. The combination of it with the orange sometimes smells oddly like chewable children's aspirin... that saccharin orange smell. Not that I dislike it at all, it's just the scent I associate most with that note!

Overall, I really like it, though I do wish it was stronger & longer lasting on me.

Why I tried it: Again with the interesting sounding notes.

In the bottle and wet: Chcolate. Smells more like dark chocolate than white to me.

Drying down: Chocolate and freshly mown grass. Really. It's a weird combo, but not utterly without merit.

Dry: It actually reminds me of a grassy, powdery version of Freak Show. I kind of like it, but not enough to track down yet another LE.

In the bottle: I will admit that I almost sent this off to swap without trying it on, because I can't stand the smell of it in the bottle. To me, it smells like chocolate that's gone off, and I didn't really want to put that on my skin. But I did.

On me: As soon as I put it on, that moldy chocolate smell disappeared, and a really nice citrus smell came through. Chocolate and orange, without actually smelling like a chocolate orange. Really nice.

Overall: I never got the floral phase that many people have mentioned, but that's just fine by me. To me, the overall sense is of Velvet mixed with Queen of Diamonds, and while I wasn't a fan of either of those, I absolutely LOVE this. It's flippin' fabulous.

Edited by strippedhalo

I didn't order this at first, though 13 is my number, because the notes just sounded too strange in combination. Then, the reviews made it sound promising, so I tracked some down and ... it's amazing! So strange really, but that's part of what I love. So many different phases ... first the chocolate, smooth but not too sweet ... and then a hit of green tea to keep it fresh ... and the orange peeking through the whole while. I'm sure the other notes are what keep it so very interesting, but I have a hard time picking them out. What I end up with is this wonderful drydown of smooth softness, sweet yet never cloying, with hints of freshness. It works beautifully on these unbearably hot days we've been having, but I think it could work at any temperature. It's a chameleon, and I'm in love!

I don't even see coconut in the description, but I swear it smells like chocolate macroons in the bottle! Particularly the massive ones from Max's in San Francisco that you have to share with a friend.

When dry, it gets incense-y, but it's still a chocolate macroon incense. It has pretty good staying power and throw!

If I didn't have so many other bottles, I'd be really sad I only have the one bottle.

From the bottle:

mmm. chocolate, almonds, and mandarin.

On me:

hmm. this is different. very chocolatey. i can smell the tangerine and mandarin, but it's not that much. it's a nice scent. but not for me.

Two hours later: meh. didn't keep it on that long. Too much of a chocolate mandarin scent. Not nice for me. really didn't agree with me =\

I got a decant of 13 from OriginalWacky...thanks! :P

In the vial, it smells exactly like Bliss, very chocolatey.

On me, it's more like tea-chocolate-orange...the tea note is very fresh/cool/clean, and it dominates the scent on my skin, which is great because I love Beth's white tea scents. The chocolate and orange come in and out in the background, and they're sweet and warm and bakery-like, which makes for a strange but interesting contrast.

It gives me an image of having afternoon tea and chocolate pastries outside on a cloudy day with a cool breeze blowing. 13 is certainly unique, and I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

Wow. 13 is really sweet and powdery. For the first bit, it reminds me of powdered coco.

It dries down to a really soft, beautiful scent. It's still really sweet and chocolatey but much more beautiful.

I think this is a keeper!

I've held off on my review of 13, but after some thought, I don't think that aging it is going to make 13 any better... so, the review, at least from this cursed neko's point of view.

Bleh. I will say right off the bat that chocolate & I have a history. A bad history (chocolate = dirt; see Centzon Totochtin, Vice, exception - Spooky). Yet I purchased 13 anyway. Orange, white chocolate, lily? Hmmm, intriguing, but kinda scary. Sniffed the bottle, & it smells like those orange chocolate balls with a hint of lily. Dabbed some on - the first 10 minutes, orange chocolate, swell, ya? (Note: I've been playing a lot of FFX lately, & I think Wakka's accent is starting rub off on me. Or maybe it's the lack of coffee this morning.)

Citrus. Chocolate, though it's not a true milk chocolate, but a white one, which I love. However, it's bordering on dirt again. Hovering near the dirt. The citrus is yummy. Then it dries & the scent goes to thirteen kinds of hell.

Ahh, lily. There you are. Chocolate = dirt. Lily = soap. Orange = orange (less citrus, fades so fast drying off). Let's see... cursed, ya? Bad luck, ya? Oh ya.

Dirt, dirt, orange, dirt, soap, orange, SOAP, DIRT. Soapy dirt! Dirty orange soap! Soap! Dirt! (Chorus swells, reaches climax...er, never mind.)

Shortly thereafter, I scrubbed 13 off. No, aging isn't going to help that my skin chemistry despises 13.

I couldnt' resist a scent called 13... and with white chocolate! I thought that it would be heavenly.

Wet I get pure white chocolate *drools* with a hint of cirtus due to the fruits.

As it dries down the white tea and the iris come out, making this a lovely and complex scent. I think I pick a bit of clover too (maybe red clover).

I love this scent, it's a gentle gourmand that stays pretty strong on my skin with good throw and lasting power. :P