Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Macha

Detox

Purge, purify, cleanse.

I have a bottle of this from a recent traipse (?) through the ebay listings, at least it didn't have far to go to get to me!

In the bottle: lime, and something minty. Nothing so strong as peppermint, but minty nonetheless

Wet on skin: More on the lime, less on the mint, although where I've applied it, I get a faint minty tingle going on, which is quite nice actually. Breathing it in clears my head, which is nice. I can see how the name came about, in any case (:

Dry on skin: thankfully I don't get anything in the way of lavender, just a lovely sweet and not too sharp minty lime. I like! (am very glad I have a bottle!)

My SIL had a sniffie of this at work today - we both thought this would work really well in an oil burner. Both the DH and I have great need to just unwind when we get home from work (which just gets ridiculously stressful), I might try this in the oil burner tomorrow night (seeing as I got back from tennis tonight after dinner, in a ball of annoyedness at the pettiness of the other team), and see how our household is affected by this blend. In the enabling SIL stakes, I'm not doing too badly - she's liked all the blends I've had her take a sniff of, haven't progressed yet to skin! Not that I'm trying but I think I'll get her on the room scent idea first...

We used to have a lime tree in our garden, a huge one, constantly overgrowing its boundaries. If it hadn't been pruned for a while, the branches would get overweighted by the fruits, drooping down to create a sort of cage of its branches. When I picked the fruit, I would step inside the branches, where it was ten or fifteen degrees cooler than underneath the beating sun. The scent of the limes would be strong, not just lime juice, but the slightly waxy rinds, as well. If the limes had been left for a while, they would have the faintest sheen of dust on them. It was calming, but also renewing.

This blend reminds me of stepping inside the lime tree's branches.

Bright vibrant citrus - like a margarita distilled to its olfactory essense. Not too sweet, very refreshing, and a little something that gives you the sense that it's not just something pretty.

I'ma going to need a bottle of this one.

I'm getting mostly mint and citrus from this, very medicinal. The mint doesn't go evil like it normally does, but it's still not something that really works on me. If your skin doesn't do bad things to mint, I can see this being very effective. It definitely clears your head. It might be better in a diffuser for me.

In the imp: Lime

On Skin: LIME LIME LIME! Hello Margaritaville. :P

On Drydown: Lime with the hint of a sharp floral, perhaps lavender?

Verdict: Love this. It's great. Clean, purifying, bright, cheery. The only problem I have is that it doesn't have a great throw or staying power. But you know what? I can totally reapply. Oh yes.

imp: sweet key lime.

wet: lime popsicles. or key lime pie. something sweet and limey.

dry: goes a bit more lemony-lime on me, still quite popsciley. a very cheerful blend.

This is like honey and lemon flavour boiled sweets, except that instead of the lemon it's lime and possibly grapefruit - really zesty citrus, but with a bit of sweetness behind it.

Unfortunately it fades really fast on me. I love the smell, but I need to find some way of using this so I can smell it for more than five minutes!

In vial: it smells exactly like lemon drops.

Wet: sweet lemon drops. An energising scent. I am not getting any lime.

Dry: the lavender comes out to play. It also becomes a warmer, drier scent, but still dominated by a fainter lemon.

After a few minutes: I detect a soapy note. The citrus is now hiding in the background.

This fades fast!

mmmm....this is the most delicious lemon-limeade. It's a very bright and cheery scent. Reminds me of summertime.

The only drawback is that it fades very quickly. Oh well, it's worth slathering and I will definitely be getting a bottle. :wub2: Hopefully it will stick around a bit longer in my locket.

Sniffed: Extremely pale yellow nearly colourless oil. Lime and possibly other citrus peel, zingy white ginger and mentholic herbs...spearmint and lavender.

Wet: So juicy tart, very citrusy - the other notes are pretty seamlessly blended. Definitely very clean/refreshing/purifying. Faint sugary sweetness.

Dry: Very slow to dry. Unfortunately...it does that citrus Pez powdered candy thing that both Lustration and Moxie did on my skin. It still retains some juicy fruit, though.

Summary: This one lasts longer than any of the other so-ephemeral Panaceas, except TKO (which I dislike). 6 is also my favourite number, so that makes me happy. :)

Effervescent lime, a squish of ginger and a cool breath of mint (just enough to make this feel "sparkly"). Since Detox is mostly comprised of citrus, it is a fleeting scent on me (my skin eats up citrus notes like crazy). It is beautiful while it lasts.

I'm not too sure of it's purifying and detoxification effects (I haven't had a chance to put it to use yet) but, even if this doesn't do a thing for me physically...I sure do love its scent! :)

While rummaging through my imps, looking for something to add to a package I am sending out, I stumbled across Detox. Perfect timing, as I have recently taken myself off antidepressants.

Citrus! Oh yes, and it's not the Pledge type. Off to a good start. Not much in the imp to test, but enough to get several drops on each wrist. Immediately calms my stomach...which in and of itself is a blessing, as nausea has been my constant companion for the last two weeks.

I concur, it doesn't last long, but as it dries the lime is apparent with a little sweetness to offset the tart. Each time I feel the nausea creeping back, I huff my wrists, and my stomach is very thankful. This is the most normal ( :D ) I have felt in two weeks. I am also feeling very calm, almost sleepy. Oh, how I wish I would have thought about this sooner; I am very glad nonetheless to have found Detox at this time. I can imagine it being effective on hangovers and general malaise as well. The sweetness here is in the same family as TKO (sugary vanilla), but not as cloying.

In the future, I will remember to reach for Detox. A bottle will accompany my next order and travel with me at all times. I can see this becoming a staple for me at work, and I can also envision enabling many people. How does she do it? All hail the goddess Beth and her miracle elixirs! I wish I would have had this for my friend while she was going through chemo; I imagine it would really help through those times.

Citrus and lime! This is cute and cheerful, but I always forget to use it. I need it in an automatic room diffuser. :lol:

In the bottle, this was the freshest and most amazing lime scent I've ever sniffed. There was no change in the scent from the bottle to my wrist, and for the first fifteen minutes I was in absolute heaven. I adore citrus with passion, and lime seems to be more difficult to come by than other citrus scents. But right around the fifteen minute mark, it disappeared on my skin. Not even a hint of lime remains :cry2: I'm willing to break out a scent locket to use the rest of my decant, but this is not bottle worthy.

Very realistic sour lime, not much sweetness here, but that's OK as I love my citrus! I adore this, but it doesn't last long, probably less than half an hour, so I'm pretty bummed about that. As for effectiveness, I did get this for the scent, but noticed my legs ached after applying. I tend to get muscle aches when a food doesn't agree with me, and maybe the oil was doing what it was supposed to and detoxifying. It actually felt like I'd had aspartame, which gives me bad leg cramps. Interesting.

In the imp: Pretty intense lime, and I think I am getting some lemongrass, too.

Wet: As soon as I applied it, I could smell lime and lemongrass, but then the lime asserted itself. The lime is a sweet one. Then, I get some mint: not a lot, but enough to give the scent a refreshing, minty quality.

Dry: The lime is still going strong, but the lemongrass note has returned and is a lot stronger than before.

After a while, I smell some herbs in the background.

Verdict: I am so glad that I was able get my hands on an imp of this one! I ordered an imp pack of all of the Panaceas back in 2013, before they were taken off of the website, but for some reason, I couldn't find an imp of this one in my stash. I enjoy citrus scents, and as this one features a lovely lime note, I will be cherishing my imp.