Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tulzscha-

A crystalline, cold green fire: six mints with white pepper and cucumber.

In Bottle: Miiiint. Lovely light spearminty mint.

Wet: Mint and lemon verbena. I suppose that's the cucumber, actually!

Dry: What lingers is the cucumber, and something fresh and soapy. Pleasant but I'm really not that keen on cucumber; I find it a little cloying. I wish the mint had hung around longer.

Overall: Not for me but I'll keep it around to sniff.

Oh, love! I'm really glad this doesn't stay the original mint, because it smells like Extra chewing gum (which I adore, but...as a perfume?). Instead, the cucumber note blooms and gives this fresh, sweeter, smoother note to the mint. It's a little aquatic, and infinitely wearable. I was really lucky to have gotten a fairly priced bottle off Ebay!

I've decided: this smells like snow. Powdery, virgin snow that pile oh-so-prettily with the first good snowfall.

Edited by cinderfallen

Wow! This is a nice crisp smell. Before I had looked at the notes, I was guessing mint and lemon, maybe verbena, or some white florals. But now I realize it was all the cucumber and pepper making that cool bite. What a clean, great but sharp scent! I needed it today -- wished I had put it under my nostrils! This would be great added to an unscented body mist and stuck in the refrigerator. Brrr! (in a good way!)

Edited by Grifyn

In bottle: Minty goodness without going to wintergreen!

On me: Ooooh. I wanna lick my wrist! This is like Andes Candies. I know there's no chocolate in here - I guess that that's just what I associate the strong mint smell with. It's not an Altoids smell. It's a smooth, edible smell.

In the bottle: Uber mint.

Wet on skin: Mint and cucumbers. The mint gets tempered very lightly but the cucumber but its still UBER mint.

Drydown: What lingers in this blend is the cucumber. I'm actually shocked as from the bottle and wet stage if seemed the mint would never quiet down!

I really love mint and I really love Tulzscha. From this oil I get a whole lotta mint, and I get a bit of cucumber too. I'm not getting so much white pepper. I find this scent to be very refreshing, and especially enjoy wearing it in the summer. Seriously, this is a mint-lover's dream. My only complaint is that it disappears quickly, so I have to reapply frequently.

In the imp: Mint! :D

On Skin: Cucumber and mint mixed together. Very cool and refreshing.

On drydown: Minty toothpaste. :P

Verdict: It's cool and refreshing. I would love it if the cucumber note stuck around for the drydown and beyond. But on the drydown, somehow it ends up smelling like toothpaste. I like mint, but I don't fancy smelling like toothpaste. I guess I need some sweetness to balance the mint out, and will have to stick to Lick It and Lick It Again to deal with my mint cravings. Nuts.

bottle: wrigley's spearamint gum with the slightest hint of cucumber.

wet: ooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh... minty, peppery, cucumbery goodness. can i live inside this bottle? seriously, how much of this would i need to scent all of my linens, my soaps and shampoos, my candles, diffusers...?

dry: this is exquisitely mintywith a nice smooth cucumber coolness and a peppery bite. :P

Imagine mulling a cucumber in a glass with sprigs of mint. Sprinkle some peppercorns on it--white or pink pepper. Now add some cold water and spritz it on your skin! Thats Tulzscha.

I don't usually go for cold, aquatic, clean or fresh or mint for that matter. But this is the exception that defies the rule. This is my holy grail mint scent.

I got a partial of this is a swap! and man oh man :thud: It is minty...gorgeous cool mint with hints of cucumber....this is something I will definitely wear as it warms up to keep me cool! I love it! :joy:

Sniffed: Extremely pale yellow oil. Super cool and minty with some refreshing green cucumber below. The white pepper adds a little kick, but isn't too spicy or peppery overall.

Wet: More mentholic/sinus cleansing - it reminds me somewhat of mouthwash - but there's a mild sweetness that softens the medicinal bite, and the cucumber is a stronger, cool-sweet green note now, too. The pepper is still very well behaved.

Dry: Cool minty cucumber! Refreshing and invigorating. It has a kick that's interesting without being hot or peppery. My one peeve is that it fades rapidly.

:wub:

This is so much more than just mint. The initial blast (actually that's BLAST) of mint is definitely eye-opening, such a beautiful clean mint that isn't quite peppermint, not quite spearmint.. a cold green fire is *exactly* what it's like - if fire can be cold then this is it.

That strong mint dies down within the first five minutes and the pepper starts to peek out, adding a hint of spice to the base. Then the cucumber warms up and it's on - cucumber vs mint.. who's coming out on top? Cucumber! No wait.. mint! Cucumber fights back! Mint reappears! This little battle is fascinating, the two are so beautifully blended that it becomes impossible to distinguish them separately. The end result is the freshness of cucumber tempered with the fire of the mint while the pepper just lurks around very close to the skin.

After about an hour, it has dried down to a beautiful softness - as other reviewers have said.. it does fade fairly quickly.. but what's left behind still has all the beautiful layers of mint, cucumber and pepper - it's just much more subtle now. It never went soapy on me (YAY), nor did it become overly green although it definitely has a forest feel. This really is quite beautiful, and an absolute must-try for anyone who enjoys this kind of thing.

:::TULZCHA:::

The Cold, Green Fire indeed!

The mints are up front and electric in this formula; the most persuasive being Spearmint.

Tulzcha is sweet enough to be a tea, with the exception of the White Pepper, which bites at the back of the throat like small, snowy ants. Just a catch.

The Cucumber in this formula is very incospicuous; nigh undetectable (though not unexpected, as this bottle was procured in a swap nearly half of a decade after it's release...or was that escape?) which is a slight downer as the Lab's Cucumber in other blends certainly lends a juicy pop... Giving it a squirting texture.

Whoah! On the skin, Tulzcha darkens menacingly; taking on an acidic, almost sulfurous edge. This is not to say that it is egg or match like in the least... Merely sharp and on the verge of volatility.

The mints abandon most of their sweetness and harmonize with the White Pepper into villainously sharp points.

The insight of the darling 6 year old in residence: "Papa, it smells like cotton-candy ice cream in a root-beer float!"

Out of the mouths of babes...

Lovecraft himself would be unable to stop sniffing!

4 out of 5 for this one.

I'm sad I didn't stock up on this one. It's like a cross between Frost Moon and Blue Moon '04. Minty and cucumbery in perfect proportions. With age, it's taken on a mint-tea tone. *So* lovely, and missed greatly.

Mint, mint, mint, and more mint! Fresh and herbal and dewy like it's still on the plant first thing in the morning in the garden. There are so many layers to this mint, and I am here for it because I love mint.

I was nervous about the cucumber. I don't like cucumber as a scent because I'm slightly allergic to it (raw) as a food. Here though, the note may be what is lending that slightly aquatic note to the overall scent, but it's not sitting there smelling like a cucumber, much to my relief.

The pepper is very quietly there, just a hint of sharpness that really adds depth to scent.

I'm excited about the partial decant that I got of this as a gift, and honestly, may consider trying to pick up more if I see it floating around.