Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crystalline, cold green fire: six mints with white pepper and cucumber.

Wearing this, I am wrapped in a swirling eddy of mint. The green of the cucumber and the pepper are lost on me, and instead this scent flickers from one mint to another, like the green flame of the description, but flickering with white and blue tones as well as the mints vye for dominance.

Tulzscha lasts a few short hours gradually fading to embers and disappearing. It's a refreshing scent, though not one I'll likely wear often. However, it is a mint lover's dream.

Tulzscha Haiku,
Fire burning coldly
In the dark depths of our hearts:
Verdant jealousy.

I adore mint both as a scent and as a flavor, so I've been trying as many of Beth's minty scents as I can find. So far the experience had been disappointing, with the mint blended with things that hate my skin, like violet (Ultraviolet) or not coming out as much as I'd hoped (Frost Moon). I'd been stalking the LJ communities and finally landed a decanted imp.

In the bottle: For once, I can clearly pick out everything in the catalog description. I get the blend of mints, especially spearmint. I get the waft of cucumber that softens all the mint with a cool green-ness, and the pepper poking its nose in.

Wet: Bright crisp mint.

Drydown: The mints soften, but the cucumber and pepper don't really announce themselves again. It's staying pretty true to the wet stage.

Verdict: Yay! Minty goodness for my skin! :D Wah! It's a discontinued scent! :P *scurries off to check out eBay*

Edited by puck_nc

ah...minty, cucumbery goodness.....quite lovely, indeed....perfect for this

crazy bout of insanely humid and sticky weather we are having as of late...

the scent stays this way the entire time i am wearing it...alas, the staying power of

Tulzscha is not nearly as long as i'd love...just gotta slather this baby on :P

Thanks again to Joseybird!

In The Bottle: Wow! Mint mint mint and more mint with a hint of pepper.

First on: Other than the fact his is burning me, it's quite soft. The cucumber mellows out all that mint and the pepper adds some nice diversity to it.

After a bit: Ok, the burning sensation is gone. This is a great winter scent (or for the summer if you need to give the impression of being cool). A bit like toothpaste or a mint bubble gum, but the cucumber and pepper give it a warm freshness to it.

I'd love this in a bath oil or bubble bath.

In the imp: MINT. Minty mint mint mint.

On, wet: Mint, I say! And just a hint of cucumber.

Later: It fades out to cucumber with a background of mint. God. Love this. So. Much.

Preconceived Notions - When this was first released I kept looking at the description, 6 mints with white pepper and cucumber, and thinking, well that's one I know I am not going to try. But after falling in love with Villianesses Scintillating Smooch, I wanted to find a minty scent to go with it. This seems to be quite popular, so I thought I would give it a try.

Wet - Minty, refreshing and yet light. I immeidiately get a nose full of spearmint.

Dry - I am not a mint fan, so I am surprised by how much I like this. It starts out minty and cool and then dries down to a soft, soothing cucumber. I may have to swap for a bottle of this.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

In the bottle:

Pure, fresh peppermint

Wet:

Now there's a green note in the mint -- cucumber, I assume.

Drydown:

Drydown stayed pretty true, still just the minty greenness. I wish it was a little stronger and had more throw (my lament with every BPAL, pretty much), but it's very nice and I'll enjoy the imp I've got, since I do love mint.

First sniff: Wow. Very, very mint. Bright white mint, not green.

Wearing: Bright and chilly! The initial burst of cold fades very quickly, leaving a cucumber aftertaste. It’s different; I like.

I have been wearing this scent more and more often. There is a brief burst of mint when it hits my skin, then the cucumber rounds and softens it out. I find that I actually miss the stage where you get both together the most. A drop of peppermint single note makes for a perfect scent (elegent but different) that lasts all day.

I liked Tulzscha from the start, but didn't fall in love with it right away because wearing it made me think of cucumber salad. Lately, however, I've really come to appreciate this scent. It's simple, refreshing, and uplifting, and good for those days where I need to perk up.

Oooooo...

Minty, cucumber-y goodness, with a tingle!!

In the bottle ~ Pure Mint.

Wet ~ Mint with a hint of cucumber. Tingly (in a nice way) and bright... a very happy scent.

On the drydown ~ warmer tones come through. Mint is still predominate, cucumber still hangs around, quietly... but there is a new, spicier fragrance that comes out the longer Tzulcha is on my skin.

I really like this scent.

It would be really nice to wear on those low energy days!

This is delicious mint, cold and sweet. As it dries, I start to detect something peppery under it, but I can't discern the cucumber.

After a while, the mint isn't so very dominant, and it's a nice cool note on my skin. This doesn't really morph on me though--it's a bouquet of mint leaves, from start to finish. Yum.

In the bottle: Very aggressive, cold, eye-watering mint.

Wet: The mint is fortunately subdued once it hits the skin, and is accompanied by another herbal scent, very green.

Drydown: It smells mostly like dill and a vague cucumbery scent with a background of mint. It smells... herby, kitcheny, and as it develops, smells more of dill than of anything else, which is a pity.

Overall: Fresh-cut herbs, dill and vague mint, with perhaps a watery hint of cucumber. It really smells like something you'd smell in a kitchen rather than anything threatening or mysterious. All it does is make me feel a bit hungry and remind me of lamb in mint sauce, and I don't think that's quite what the scent was supposed to achieve.

Hi. I'm a dork. I initially didn't much like Tulzscha. Then I revisited my impling over the summer, after realizing that I do adore mint, and the mintier the better, especially when my stupid apartment is a million degrees in the summer (most of the time, that is). And I was bowled over. I adore it! I have no clue what it was that made me bored with this blend initially. The cucumber is crisp and gorgeous. The mint is cool and serene. White pepper? Not really. But mint and cucumber are amazing together. This reminds me of Frost Moon and Blue Moon- I get the same crispness from them. Lick It is the sweet & creamy perfect mint, this is the ideal savory/crisp mint. Awesome in the summer, just perfect.

5 out of 5.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Bright, clear, and fresh mints with the usual sweetness of peppermint being offset by that fresh cucumber. I'm not really picking up the pepper in this, though.

This is such a fresh, uplifting scent. very nice!

I tried this oil without looking at the notes, and as soon as I put it on my skin I looked at the imp again because I thought I had picked up Lick It by mistake. Nope, this is Tulzscha.

The severe mintyness (mintitude? mintosity?) backs off a lot in the first ten minutes or so, and what's left is almost a 50/50 cucumber-mint combination. It's got a little bit of bite to it, and I think it's more complex than just a plain mint scent. The cucumber makes it smell a little earthy to me, but it's still a fresh, bright blend.

In the bottle: Mint mint mint mint mint mint!

Wet: Mint mint mint mint and something a little aquatic which, after a few moments, begins resembling cucumber. (It smelled a little ozoney at first, before turning a little wet and green.)

Drydown: I put a little on the back of my neck (along with swiping it over my wrists and collarbone) and the spot on the back of my neck tingles pleasantly. It's very fresh, very green, and very cool.

This is an excellent scent for summer, and I'm just so insanely happy that the swap wasn't lost in the mail like we thought it was because I have been pining for Tulscha for what feels like forever.

*coddles little bottle*

5/5 on Medici's Scale o' Luuuurve

In Bottle: Minty cucumber

On Skin: The mint is in front, very wintergreeny and pepperminty... yes, six mints give this a very powerful minty strength. The cucumber is right after it, slightly bitter but beautifully fresh. I get a very ice blue/light green feel from this. The pepper is very light, but you feel the slight tingle it gives your nose, luckily it isn’t too overpowering. It’s an interesting scent, I got it mainly for the cucumber, but the cucumber quickly fades into the background. This is a mint scent for sure, so if you love mint, get this. For me personally, it’s not my cup of tea, but it was great to ty out. I think I’d prefer to smell it on a man since it has a bit of an aftershave feel to it with all the mint… Average throw and average staying power.

In bottle: I can smell the cucumber, mint and white pepper in equal amounts. It's very lovely.

Wet: Sweet mint with an undercurrent of cucumber. No white pepper! (Woe).

Dry: Cool cucumber.

Throw: moderate.

Staying power: don't know yet, but it seems like it's not going to last more than a couple of hours.

Aesthetics/scent itself: very nice, very well balanced. I find it really disappointing that it's fading so quickly, since this is the first cucumber scent I've actually liked.

Tulzscha - I don't usually like mint, and this is no exception. Tulzscha contains the exact same mint scent that Ultraviolet has, which makes my teeth hurt and which smells like cat pee. I also smell in it the same refreshing and almost-pretty mint that is used in Spooky. However, the cat-pee-hurting-teeth scent just isn't going to cut it and this scent is going into the swap pile.

After striking out with Ultraviolet, Cathode, and several other 'cold' scents, I was thrilled to smell Tulzscha. There's a definite cool mint to it - in the bottle, it's kind of like the Doublemint Twins on acid - but the scent has a nice, sickly edge that does not smell like toothpaste. This actually had a refreshing, tingly feeling on my skin and was perfect for a summer day. A really evil summer day.

If you don't normally like mint, try Tulzscha. I was certainly surprised by it!

Tulzscha: Continuing my undefeated Springtime in Arkham streak!

I was SO excited to have snared a bottle of this off ebay recently. I love minty scents!

On sniffing the bottle I smell cucumber with a dash of mint. On application any trace of mint vanishes after about 10 mins and I am left with spicy cucumber ringing in my nostrils :P Not offensive by any means, I think I just was hoping for more mint.

Bummer. I wanted to love this one so much more.

Thank you Absinthetics for this!

Yum! In the bottle: mint, mint, mint and a hint of spice.

On me: I don't pick up the cucumber, but theres a lot going on under the mint I can't identify and it must be there. Not a "blow open you nasal passages" mint, but softer.

In the imp: mints! like, a happy, humbuggy sweet sort of mint over damp cucumber.

On me, wet: mm, humbugs. and cucumber. sweet caramel-minty-wateriness.

On me, dry: ah, the sweetness has faded, and I am left with a plpeasantly minty watery scent. No pepper, no real fire, but very nice all the same.

Verdict: Not all that dissimilar to Nuclear Winter on me, so I think I'll be sticking to that one instead.