Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Two, Five & Seven

A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose...

...and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.

I found this to be very sweet & almost sugary when I first put it on; it definitely had a sweet fruity scent about it on me. I liked it a lot, but it probably wasn't so great in the car, as it was kind of strong in the enclosed space. After a few hours it had calmed down though, and I liked it a lot more after awhile than I did at first -- it was more wearable, I felt. Nonetheless, that didn't stop me from smelling my wrist all day, to see how it was, and 10 hours later, I can still smell a trace of it on my skin.

Yummy, but I probably won't buy a big bottle of it - I can imagine the sweetness getting to me after all as it was just a little bit too sugary.

Yummy roses! But then I got the Jolly Rancher scent on the drydown.

Faerygirl says "MMM! I'm in the middle of a rose garden!"

She gets the imp.

Wet - Holy Rose!!! With... mint? WTF? You really can smell all kinds of roses though. Light and soft. Rich and creamy. Full and voluptuous red. And unfortunately the soapy rose too. All the Lab's roses are so true to life except that one soapy one that's in this scent, and I have no idea which it is. :P

Mrf. Rose!

Well, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I like rose scents too, a lot. I just wish there was a bit more grass. In the bottle and wet, this scent is kinda fruity and sweet and overwhelming.

But it drys down to a calmer, gentler rose, and I like it very much.

In the imp: Rose explosion

On Wet: Rose soap.

On Drydown: Rose soap and some weird plasticky fruity thing going on.

After two hours: Milder roses and the hint of grass. Lovely.

Verdict: It takes TWO hours on my skin, but the end product is a very lovely and fresh rose scent. If this was the initial smell from the beginning, I would advocate this as one of the best rose scents. Unfortunately, from minute 1 to minute 119, it's not pretty on my skin. *SIGH*. Minute 120 is the start of the gorgeousness though....

When I smelt Two, Five and Seven in the Great Test (I did first impressions of my entire order - almost 30 different scents) it was the first rose I'd come to in about 15 other scents. At that point it was "Yay! Rose, my old love, you have come back and are now gambolling around joyously!"

I then had a few days of hangover and when they finally finished and I remembered to grab an imp on the way to work, I sought this one out, hoping for it to create a good day.

Ran to work and slathered a bit on, which may have been a mistake - Roses. Obviously. But not the same 25&7 roses I smelt before. More like a slightly fake, chaotic London. After about 20 minutes or so (work was a bit chaotic itself at that point!) it had sorted itself out a little bit, but - still a pervading "fakeness" about it. Am now wondering whether the fakeness was due to me being in a bit of a state and rushing about.

I reapplied after lunch and it was a bit better. I'm learning kinda quickly to be a little less liberal with the application! It's a younger version of rose - sweet, citrusy and slightly sugared but I'm not sure whether it's quite me. Lovely - but I'm not sure just yet.

In the imp: a richness of rose.

On the wrist: I’ve been afraid to try this for fear I wouldn’t like it, that the rose would go powdery. But initially it doesn’t, anyway, and the wealth of rose wafts in a very pleasing fashion.

Half an hour: has morphed into an incredible, non-foody sweetness. By sweetness I do not mean sugar, just—maybe it’s the grass heightening the blooms.

Okay, it’s a few hours. I learned once more that after cooking garlic does not come off my skin, but that smelling of roses and garlic is strangely pleasant. Maybe I should write to Beth…

Roses still lasting, still sweet, and still not powder. I’m so very, very happy!

NOT FOR SWAPS, DO YOU HEAR ME? MINE!!!!

Sweet, sweet, sweet rose. Very essentially rose, but somehow not as hit-you-in-the-face rose as Rose Red is ... this is sweeter and it does have a touch of greenery later one. This maintains the rose scent for a long time, but eventually turns just a bit bubble-gummy ... which is not bad at all!

Rose indeed!

When wet, this is a big bright rose! Like a huge pink fizzy giant rose :P. It's really nice. It reminds me of a posh rose soap or bubble bath, all luxurious and fragrant!

You can definately tell there is more than one rose in here because it changes so much, the sweet bright ones appear first then as it dries the quieter smaller roses come out, that's when the greenness appears too. Only slightly though, there's way too much rose to let anything else get in the way!

Someone did say to me I smell like old lady perfume, but still I'd like to say I smell more like Turkish Delight!

imp: wet greenery. a crisp, cheerful scent.

wet: gah! roses. no, more like rose-scented guest soaps. which is to say: not roses at all, just that scent they use in soaps and call 'rose'.

dry: still that icky rose-scented-soap smell. i should have known: rose never seems to work out on me.

Imp: Lovely roses and a slight crushed grass and petal smell.

On: Err. Rose soap with grass?

Drydown: This went the same way as London on me--a lovely, heady blend of roses in the bottle, but it goes to soap right away when I put it on. It's a shame, because I adore roses--but my skin doesn't seem to do too well with the blends I've tried where rose is heavy as a top note.

P.S.: Fortunately, in blends like Crypt Queen and Thanatos-- I get roses out of the background notes in those, and they're lovely on me.

Imp: Rose! (duh) Maybe green grass.

Wet: Sweet rose, baby powder. The grass is disappearing.

Dry: Rose, a tiny bit of baby powder, and...... super-sweet bubble gum. wtf?

Overall: Simple. Definitely a keeper, because I smell like a little girl. Okay, that sounds creepy, but you get what I mean - it feels fun and innocent to wear it. If I ever need to wear pink satin, I'll wear Two, Five, & Seven with it. I was glad this rose worked out, because Moscow definitely didn't, and now I feel more confident trying Lucy's Kiss which I've been ogling for ages.

This is an in bottle review. Wine rose is remarkably obvious over the muddiness of all that rose essence mixed together. it's hard to pick out the others, even if i did know what they all smelled like. The softer roses are lost under the stronger smelling ones. i can't spot the grass, but frankly, the whole thing is a little overwhelming.

Obviously this is a rose scent, and it's a pretty one. Not too green, and a bit soft.

I'm picky about rose scents, and with all the different roses in here I figured one or more of them would be the kind I don't like. But... I guess not. It's a very pretty scent, particularly after it warms up. Sweet, innocent, and pure. Not soapy or artificial-smelling at all. Just extremely lovely.

I did not like the scent at all in the imp. It smelled a bit medicinal and off.

I have been wearing it for hours now and I am in love with it. It smells so wonderfully of roses. Very light and...sunny. I think it is strong, but very few scents are not strong on me... It is not so strong that it offends my nose. I love that the scent seems to go between roses--that is so awesome. I cannot really smell the grass on me, though--but I am not so disappointed about that.

I will definitely be getting a bottle sooner or later.

This is like rose candy with a hint of grass on me. I like it, but it is waaay too sweet. I would like to layer it with something else maybe to make it more suited to my taste. Or I can imagine that a lot of these rose scents that are too much for me to wear would make a perfect addition to a rose scented bath, like a Lush Amandapondo or to finally use up that dusty Tisty-Tosty you've got lying around.

I may use this one in the bath, too, now that I'm thinking of it.

As others have said -- as the description said -- this is a whole lotta Rose.

Rose, rose and more rose.

I don't have anything against roses. I love the smell of fresh roses, especially. And rose, in general doesn't seem to do wierd things on my skin that I can't stand except maybe take over a scent and run away with it. Again, not automatically a bad thing.

That said, I don't feel a deep need to smell of roses. And this rose blend is not one that makes me want to wear a rose scent, as does, say Stella by Stella McCartney (for which I paid obscene amounts of money) or even my very-slightly-scented rose conditioner which keeps me sniffing my hair all day. But I can't say why that it. It's just not me.

Best,

Tzi

In the imp, I smell something sour that seems to disappear once applied. I can't pick out different types of roses, it is just a mixture of rose. I can't smell any grass, unless it is the sour note in the imp.

mmm....roses. i could wear this every day (would help the rose red & peacock queen LE bottles last longer). like i said, i have this thing for smelling like roses. it's probably the goth chick in me

must purchase bottles

The roses in Two, Five & Seven aren't as intense as I thought they would be. Instead, they're fruity, making this blend fun and bubbly. I think this one would be a great for getting more people into rose, as it's a little bit lighter in tone than most of the other rose blends. I like this one a lot -- it's possibly bottle material.

4/5

In the bottle: Fruity roses.

Wet: The same. The roses are well rounded, if that makes any sense - it smells to me like there are multiple varieties. The fruit is fading.

Dry: The sweetness has gone, leaving behind dried, incense-touched roses.

Summary: I really thought I would like this, because I love rose and the rose scent, once the sweetness dissipated a bit, was truly lovely. But it became a much less fresh scent over time, and I don't like incense-y notes on me.

initial response: whoa, ROSES.

not enough of that "green" i was hoping would cut through the sweetness. in the end, it turned out soapy. i was home the other day and had my brother smell my wrist-- "smells like old fashioned soap."

final thought: i really don't want this to be soapy.

E.

I wanted to like this one. In the bottle it's very pretty and flowery but alas, once I put it on my skin it turned into something scary and awful. The best way I can come up with to describe it is perm solution. I'll try it again in my locket (:

Two, Five, Seven

...er...are you SURE there are roses in this? Because that is not at all what I'm getting from this imp. In fact, I'm not getting florals at all. This is more of a tangy fruit than anything floral.

Weird?

Two, Five, Seven

...er...are you SURE there are roses in this? Because that is not at all what I'm getting from this imp. In fact, I'm not getting florals at all. This is more of a tangy fruit than anything floral.

Weird?

I got no rose at all as well. And this sounded so up my street. :D

just a sort of faint planty greenness.

:P :D