Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An ethereal, piercing blend of eucalyptus, citrus and mints.

Out of the bottle this smells like more than the sum of its parts. It has a slightly bitter note that I can't place, and it certainly is piercing. The citrus is dominant when wet and while drying, but after a few hours I found that it became a kind of soapy smell with something reminiscent of patchouli (but not exactly patchouli). I think that on someone else this would be a great scent, but it just didn't work on me since it reminded me too much of Dial soap and gave me a bit of a headache. Edited by Shollin

I love the smell of eucalyptus and mint, but man, my body chemistry turns them into something completely different! Banshee smelled clean and flowery (!) in the bottle, very nice. On me it turned into something very clean and soft. I didn't get any sharp notes at all, nothing piercing. It turned somewhat baby powder-y (but not as much as my scare with Ultraviolet), but in a very nice, sweet way. I kept sniffing my wrists. It fades fast on me, but I think I sniffed it off! I'll surely wear this one again. Mmm!

I did not smell mint or eucalyptus at all! Wearing Banshee, it smells like a weird combination of chocolate and roses?!

Is the apricot carrier oil I'm blending it with affecting the scent?

I have never met a more schizophrenic scent. It changed hourly while I was wearing it! In the bottle, there was a definite floor cleaner smell, probably coming from the eucalyptus, but that did die down, and for a while I was enjoying the refreshing *GREEN* smell. Then that mutated to baby powder, and by the end of the day I smelled exactly like a candy necklace. I think I'll be passing this on to someone else.

A very strong citrus scent is all i get out of the bottle, a great wake up scent! However like all cirtus scents on my skin it lasts about 5 minutes... there is only a very bland reminder on the place the scent once was...

Will keep the imp in my purse to sniff it in the mornings I go to work butcannot wake up :P

ETA, I took this one on a city trip to Barcelona a few months ago, and i was very suitable to the soft climate, now i am sad it's discontinued because i would order it for summer and spring

Edited by quinkel

First Impression: Cool and bracing.

Second Impression: Grapefruit, mint and a touch of something herbal other than eucalyptus. Sharp and refreshing.

Final Analysis: I was delighted to have gotten an imp of this in a most generous swap package. This imp is going to my sister, because the word is sort of an inside joke with us for a couple of reasons. First, our maiden name is "Bianchi" which gets mispronounced in a variety of comical ways and "Banshee" being the most popular. And also because my sister started calling PJ a banshee as soon as he started to crawl and getting into everything.

Clean, awakening, bright, crisp. Not what I'd think of from the name at all. I'd love to use this as a room scent or in a pep-me-up bath; it's not a scent I would wear, but it's a scent i love!

Sharp greens, eucalyptus, citrus with a sweet floral undertone. Really brightening and uplifting.

In the bottle and wet on skin- I can smell each note quite distinctly- the citrus, the mint, the eucalyptus. It is quite sharp, and also soapy, but in a good way (as in, that's some mightly fine soap, not oh dear, that's gone soapy on me). It feels very fresh and clean.

Banshee softens almost immediately on me (within the first few minutes) and becomes a citrussy-fresh scent, with definite hints of lemon. I'm also getting a hinst of something that smells almost like rose, but I can't really pin it down.

This is definitely a daytime scent, and very much one for a fresh spring day. I'll probably save most of this for springtime. It gives off some lovely green and yellow vibes.

In the Bottle: Banshee is eucalyptus, peppermint, and either lemon or orange. I'm hoping that the lemon doesn't drown out the eucalyptus.

On Me: Why yes...that would be lemons I smelled. BAH! I smell like lemon pledge. NO FAIR! I was really looking forward to the eucalyptus and mints. But Noooooooo! Instead my body soaks up the lemons in this and nothing else!

It would have been soooo pretty! Now it has to go to the swaps....

Banshee is at first a very dry, dusty lemon scent. It's sort of like Phobos, but much more dry. I've never smelled anything this dry before. About 15 minutes later, it starts to smell sort of rosey. There aren't any roses in it, so I don't know what that is.

Now all that's there is that rosiness. Weird.

Banshee was a nice one, but I still wonder where that rosiness came from.

Banshee is very strong lemon, so much so that is totally overpowers the eucaplytus and mint. It's not entirely unpleasant, but it's not a scent that I would wear. I see this more as a linen spray or a room scent, because it's fresh fresh and clean smelling. This one is also very invigorating, the kind of scent I would use as a room spray when I'm in the mood to clean or be productive.

This one would have been better if the lemon wasn't quite so strong and the eucalyptus and mint were given more room to play.

Wow! I totally spaced the fact Banshee was discontinued! *smacks self into releveance and gets on with review*

In the bottle Banshee smells very strongly of citris and eucalyptus... The mint gets a bit overrun by the eucalyptus to my nose.

For the first bit of wearing, drydown plus an hour or so, I smell very citrisish with a touch of the eucalyptus. It's rather strong, but I like it, as eucalyptus always makes me feel better and clears my head.

In the next few hours the piercing citris/eucalyptus disappears! It turns floralish! Not really rosey to my nose, but more of lilly of the valley. Sweet, delicate, yet STRONG. Not strong in a bad way, but totally unexpected.

I actully had a co worker ask me if I had CHANGED my perfume half way through the day. (nope no new ones in the mail today.)

It's good.

Banshee's scream starts off piercingly loud with the strength of eucalyptus and citris, yet our senses grow accoustomed so she changes pitch and the florals begin to cover us just as a reminder she is not finished- there is much more to come from her voice!

I ordered an imp of this one with my massive yule/discontined order, and got an extra one as a freebie, too. That makes me very happy, because I like this one! I thought I reviewed it already, but apparently I didn't1

In the vial, this one has the scent of a fresh cut lemon ...citrusy and fruity, and definitely not cleaning product-like.. with the eucalyptus comin' up right behind it.

Once it's on, the mint is more noticable, but my skin eats it up, so it isn't there for very long. The lemon and eucalyptus now have blended together and just sort of float there, very light and defintitely ethereal. Hopefully it won't carry me off to my death. I'd miss smelling like this. :D

Verdict: Chilling and Wispy. :P

Eucalyptus and citrus and...damn I'm allergic to this. For some reason I cannot STOP sneezing wearing it. This had the benefit of clearing my sinuses today but now all I can smell is Eucalyptus and lemon pledge (stupid chemistry) Uhm...needless to say the small quarter of an imp I have remaining will be swapped. Ugh.

hmmm lemony

as it dries it became lemony floral, actually one of the better lemon type scents as i usually don't like the lemon that much but this one is pretty

Banshee:

Wet: Eucalyptus never smelled so good. I smell lemon, too. Yum. This could be edible.

Drydown: this smells like something I've smelled before but I can't quite place it.. Lemonheads and herbally tea, maybe? I just *barely* smell the mint.

Longterm Wear: The lemon is definitely amped up by my skin. I love this scent. It's a keeper!

Wet, all I get is bitter lime/rind scent. As it dries, its accompanied by a strong eucalyptus, which never works for me, unfortunately *sigh*. Really wanted to fall in love with this one. Oh well.

Bottle (Imp): Wow. Lemon Pledge.

Just On: Oh yes, lemon pledge is what I smell. I like lemon pledge, but I'm not sure I want to smell like it.

An hour or two later: Hmm. It's still very much like lemon pledge on me. This one may not be a scent for me.

Around 6 hours: No more lemon, just dustcloth smell.

12 hours: It smells like a dust cloth, but not as strong now.

Overall: Whew, yet another one that isn't going to do much for me. I'll still give it a week or two and try again, because I hate to give up on any of these creations, but this one is probably not for me.

After reading other reviews: Wow, apparently I am not the only lemon pledge wearee with this one.

In bottle: Eucalyptus. Spearmint. Grapefruit or neroli. This is a chilling fragrance, eerie as a shriek in the fog.

On me: Fades to almost nothing instantly. The citrus notes remain - they seem more like lemon now - but the fragrance has sweetened and become candy-like. That was unexpected.

Origin - Part of a discontinued imp lot I bought fresh from the lab off of eBay.

Wet - very sharp eucalyptus.

Dry - as it dries the lemon comes out. This smells like Baku, only without the lavendar and anise. As much as I love Baku, these notes alone are not something I would wear. It smells like cold medicine. I had better toss this in the swap pile so someone else can have a chance to try this.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2.

In the imp: Strong, sharp lemon and eucalyptus... can't smell the mint at all.

On: Why yes, I was correct, that certainly is lemon and eucalyptus. Definitely a "WAKE UP!" scent. I only got a few hours sleep and by all rights should have a raging hangover this morning, but this scent makes me feel ready to go. Unfortunately, I also smell vaguely like a lemon coughdrop.

Drydown: Where'd it go? Within 30 minutes, this has dried down to a baby powder scent. I like the scent better now, but it's lost its edge. :P

While I always appreciate a gift imp, I am not sure yet that this one won't be passed on to gift someone else with. It is clean smelling, but I notice no eucalyptis, and DO notice a very sharp lemon (here's another Pledge person) and soap smell. The soap is intensifying and becoming a very old, fragile soapy elderly lady smell. Although it smells fresh, alas it is giving me a bit of a headache. This is one of the few BPAL scents that I will pass on. Glad I tried it though!

Sharp clean lemon soap and mint.

It's really pretty, but it starts to make me smell like a bottle of lemon pinesol after a while.

I am on a quest to review all of the imps that are still left untouched in my imp box. I haven't tried Banshee yet, because I don't really like citrus, mint, or eucalyptus. Forging onward...

The citrus here is definitely lemony on me. I don't really pick out the usual menthol-eucalyptus scent, but there is something cold and minty here. Perhaps a spearmint, because it isn't intensely strong or piercing like peppermint.

Drydown after 15 minutes... sharp, lemon-scented soap. And it stayed soapy until I washed it off after an hour. Banshee is definitely not a scent for me.

at first: very nice. i can smell the eucalyptus, mint, and citrus notes.

on: mostly eucalyptus.

1 hour later: soft eucalyptus. it's lost its edge and is more of a soft wood scent.

3 hours later: a warm, dry wood scent.

overall: this is ok, but i like it better in the imp than on me.